Cueto outpitched Kershaw by a mile today

Awesome Giants

Jun 20, 2017, 9:58:35 AM6/20/17
Cueto (7IP, 2ER) outpitched Kershaw (6.1IP, 6ER, 4HR) by a landslide,
yet Cueto took a loss and Kershaw got another win, because the bums
scored 10 run while the Giants scored 0. This shows you W/L records
are for dumb people. :-)

It's the 1st time in Kershaw's career that he gave up 4 HR in a game.
This is also his worst season HR-wise. He's already given up 17 HR and
it's not even half a season yet. He only gave up 8 HR all of last
season (although he was injured for a while).

Also, although his ERA and WHIP are still excellent by most pitchers'
standards, they're higher than his norm. His ERA hasn't been this high
in 7 years. His HR given up is already a career high. Hopefully this
is the beginning of his decline.

benf8...@aol.com

Jun 20, 2017, 1:52:12 PM6/20/17
I bet Cueto can't wait to leave this dumpster fire team.

John Walsh

Jun 20, 2017, 10:15:52 PM6/20/17
On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 10:52:11 -0700 (PDT), "benf8...@aol.com"
<benf8...@aol.com> wrote:

>I bet Cueto can't wait to leave this dumpster fire team.

Hard to blame him. At least they found a good starting outfielder in
Slater. Rebuilding! :)

Awesome Giants

Jun 22, 2017, 7:09:05 AM6/22/17
"benf8...@aol.com" <benf8...@aol.com> wrote:

> I bet Cueto can't wait to leave this dumpster fire team.

Hard to say. If he continues to suck, he might not get a better
contract out there and chooses to stay.

Unless the Giants trade him first.

Awesome Giants

Jun 24, 2017, 1:24:03 AM6/24/17
"benf8...@aol.com" <benf8...@aol.com> wrote:

> I bet Cueto can't wait to leave this dumpster fire team.

Well, according to one article, he's open to coming back, but he's
planning to opt out regardless to get a bigger contract, and he doesn't
think the Giants will be willing to pay him more money than they're
now.

Whether he's telling the truth is another story.

And can he really get more than $20M/yr after a down year? Not sure,
but I guess it's possible.

But now it seems like he'll be gone by the trade deadline for sure.

I just don't like teams giving these opt-out contracts. The team is
screwed either way.

Who's next in line from the minors?