Huh??

Bill McGarrity

Jun 29, 2017, 11:52:36 AM6/29/17
to All
OK... what did they do with the real Giants team? Was there a moon phase on
Sunday night that instantly changed this team into winners? Cinderella anyone?

Hey, was a nice way to start the week and hopefully we'll have a reversal of
last year after the All-Star break. 65-16 in the 2nd half anyone? ;)

--

Bill

Telnet: tequilamockingbirdonline.net
Web: bbs.tequilamockingbirdonline.net
FTP: ftp.tequilamockingbirdonline.net:2121
IRC: irc.tequilamockingbirdonline.net Ports: 6661-6670 SSL: +6697
Radio: radio.tequilamockingbirdonline.net:8010/live

... Go Giants!!
--- MultiMail/Win32 v0.50
--- Synchronet 3.17a-Win32 NewsLink 1.108
* TequilaMockingbird Online - Toms River, NJ - telnet://tequilamockingbirdonline.net

Jon Rossen

Jun 29, 2017, 4:08:32 PM6/29/17
On 6/29/2017 8:43 AM, Bill McGarrity wrote:
> OK... what did they do with the real Giants team? Was there a moon phase on
> Sunday night that instantly changed this team into winners? Cinderella anyone?
>
> Hey, was a nice way to start the week and hopefully we'll have a reversal of
> last year after the All-Star break. 65-16 in the 2nd half anyone? ;)

WTF!!??? I have them penciled in for 70-11 during that stretch. :-)

Actually, here is my hope: That they really still are a good team and
will start playing as such even though they are out of it due to the
hole they dug for themselves. So, as a good team that's out of it, I'm
hoping that they'll play really well and loosely. The 'loosely' will
help them play even better...no fear..nothing to lose. Then I want them
to be a living nightmare for the Dodgers, Dbacks and Fuckies for the
remainder of the season--particularly the Dodgers and Fuckies. Someone
has to win the division and I'd rather it be the DoucheBags than the
other two I suppose.

-jon rossen

John Walsh

Jun 29, 2017, 6:47:47 PM6/29/17
On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 11:43:00 -0400, "Bill McGarrity"
<bill.mc...@tequilamockingbirdonline.net.remove-kpw-this> wrote:

>OK... what did they do with the real Giants team? Was there a moon phase on
>Sunday night that instantly changed this team into winners? Cinderella anyone?
>
>Hey, was a nice way to start the week and hopefully we'll have a reversal of
>last year after the All-Star break. 65-16 in the 2nd half anyone? ;)

It might be more a case of it being a poor Rockies team. However, I'll
take 65-16 or better with a home run power surge and a continuation of
the bullpen's improvement. :)

If they continue the "turn around" against the Pirates, that might add
some something to your "Cinderella" theory.

Bill McGarrity

Jun 30, 2017, 6:34:41 PM6/30/17
To: Jon Rossen
-=> Jon Rossen wrote to alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants on 06-29-17 13:08 <=-

JR> From Newsgroup: alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants

JR> On 6/29/2017 8:43 AM, Bill McGarrity wrote:
> OK... what did they do with the real Giants team? Was there a moon phase on
> Sunday night that instantly changed this team into winners? Cinderella
anyone?

> Hey, was a nice way to start the week and hopefully we'll have a reversal of
> last year after the All-Star break. 65-16 in the 2nd half anyone? ;)
>

JR> WTF!!??? I have them penciled in for 70-11 during that stretch. :-)

When should we start singing Beautiful Dreamer?? ;)

JR> Actually, here is my hope: That they really still are a good team and
JR> will start playing as such even though they are out of it due to the
JR> hole they dug for themselves. So, as a good team that's out of it, I'm
JR> hoping that they'll play really well and loosely. The 'loosely' will
JR> help them play even better...no fear..nothing to lose. Then I want
JR> them to be a living nightmare for the Dodgers, Dbacks and Fuckies for
JR> the remainder of the season--particularly the Dodgers and Fuckies.
JR> Someone has to win the division and I'd rather it be the DoucheBags
JR> than the other two I suppose.

At this point in time I'd let them tank. There are two great prospects in the
2017 class I'd love to see in the Giants' system. So it seems SF and Philly
will be looking for that #1 pick.

I know, sounds strange but if you're going to bomb out on a season... might as
well go down in flames!

I'd enjoy seeing AZ take first... afterall, I do have property there... :)

Awesome Giants

Jul 1, 2017, 7:12:10 AM7/1/17
Jon Rossen <jon...@comcast.net> wrote:

> On 6/29/2017 8:43 AM, Bill McGarrity wrote:
>> OK... what did they do with the real Giants team? Was there a
>> moon phase on Sunday night that instantly changed this team into
>> winners? Cinderella anyone?
>>
>> Hey, was a nice way to start the week and hopefully we'll have a
>> reversal of last year after the All-Star break. 65-16 in the 2nd
>> half anyone? ;)
>>

> WTF!!??? I have them penciled in for 70-11 during that stretch.
> :-)
>
> Actually, here is my hope: That they really still are a good team
> and will start playing as such even though they are out of it due
> to the hole they dug for themselves.

Actually I don't think they're definitely out of it, and they don't
even need to go 70-11 or 65-16. If they can go somewhere around 58-
23, they have a good shot at making the playoff.

Currently the wildcard race looks like this:

WC #1: Dbacks 50-31
WC #2: Rockies 48-34
WC #3: Cubs 40-40

The Giants are 16 games behind the Rockies and only 9 games behind
the Cubs, and the Rockies are showing signs of going the wrong way.
If the Giants and Rockies start going in the opposite direction, WC
#2 looks doable. They might not even need 58 wins if the Rockies'
slide is big. Maybe 56-25 or even less?

I mean, if the Giants are to get that hot, someone from the top has
to fall. It's nearly impossible to have 4 teams winning around 90
games in the same division. (It might be mathematically possible,
but just highly unlikely.)

Also, I know we should always root against the bums, but it might
benefit us if the bums and dbacks get hot (except against the
Giants) and pull away from the Rockies. We just need the WC #2 to
have a poor record.