Strickland got in some good shots on Harper.

John Walsh

May 29, 2017, 10:18:35 PM5/29/17
Couple of good shots before his teammates buried him. That curve was
going behind Harper and Harper backed his sorry ass right into it. The
****y can't throw a helmet and he barely laided a hand on Strickland.
Abouot the only interesting thing the Giants did all day.

ari...@bellsouth.net

May 30, 2017, 1:12:29 AM5/30/17
this is Harper's 9th or 10th time he has been ejected.

John Walsh

May 30, 2017, 10:44:18 PM5/30/17
So an assclown like Strickland goes ahead and hits him when the Giants
least need that kind of thing. Immaturity or motivating the team?

Awesome Giants

May 31, 2017, 6:00:18 AM5/31/17
John Walsh <jwal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Couple of good shots before his teammates buried him. That curve
> was going behind Harper and Harper backed his sorry ass right into
> it.

LOL. 98mph curve? Must have been some curve! ;-)

BTW, Strickland got a 6-game suspension while Harper got 4, which on
the surface looked like Strickland got the heavier penalty, but
considering he's a reliever, he might only pitch 3 times in a 6-game
span anyway, and he usually pitches no more than 1 inning per game,
while Harper's usually playing all 9 innings. It's a landslide in
Strickland's favor if you count the penalty by innings: 36-3. :-)

And if you think that the chances of Harper signing with the Giants are
slim before, it's pretty much down to zero now. :-)

poldy

May 31, 2017, 2:57:47 PM5/31/17
If he said I will only sign if you cut Strickland, it would be no problem.

Doesn't matter, Giants aren't going to spend $30-40 million a year,
especially if he can't have the same kind of production at AT&T.

Saw a lot of empty seats at last night's game. Lot of seagulls drifting
over the outfield though.

Awesome Giants

Jun 1, 2017, 1:19:16 AM6/1/17
poldy <po...@kfu.com> wrote:

> On 5/31/17 3:00 AM, Awesome Giants wrote:
>> John Walsh <jwal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Couple of good shots before his teammates buried him. That curve
>>> was going behind Harper and Harper backed his sorry ass right
>>> into it.
>>
>> LOL. 98mph curve? Must have been some curve! ;-)
>>
>> BTW, Strickland got a 6-game suspension while Harper got 4, which
>> on the surface looked like Strickland got the heavier penalty,
>> but considering he's a reliever, he might only pitch 3 times in a
>> 6-game span anyway, and he usually pitches no more than 1 inning
>> per game, while Harper's usually playing all 9 innings. It's a
>> landslide in Strickland's favor if you count the penalty by
>> innings: 36-3. :-)
>>
>> And if you think that the chances of Harper signing with the
>> Giants are slim before, it's pretty much down to zero now. :-)
>>

> If he said I will only sign if you cut Strickland, it would be no
> problem.

No way he'd make a demand like that. It'd be too controversial.
And he has too many options, so it's much simpler to just choose
another team.

> Doesn't matter, Giants aren't going to spend $30-40 million a
> year, especially if he can't have the same kind of production at
> AT&T.

I can see the Giants spending $30M, but not $40M. Actually I'd be
surprised if any team spends $40M/yr, but then again, you never
know. Can't believe the guy's only 24 yr old.

Yanks and bums are 2 likely candidates. Yanks already have Judge in
RF. One of them will have to move to LF. The bums have Bellinger
in LF and Puig in RF. Puig's batting .229 but still leads the team
in RBI. Boston seems to have a weaker OF so maybe they'll go all
out.

It can also be a surprised team. I think the Giants shocked the
world when they signed Bonds in 1993.

> Saw a lot of empty seats at last night's game. Lot of seagulls
> drifting over the outfield though.

Attendance showed 41,266 so it was a sellout. Either a lot of them
stayed home or they left after the 5th when the score was 6-2 after
the Morris inning. But it was Samardzija pitching, so can't blame
the fans for staying home. :-)

poldy

Jun 2, 2017, 4:06:52 PM6/2/17
On 5/31/17 10:19 PM, Awesome Giants wrote:
>> Doesn't matter, Giants aren't going to spend $30-40 million a
>> year, especially if he can't have the same kind of production at
>> AT&T.
> I can see the Giants spending $30M, but not $40M. Actually I'd be
> surprised if any team spends $40M/yr, but then again, you never
> know. Can't believe the guy's only 24 yr old.
>
> Yanks and bums are 2 likely candidates. Yanks already have Judge in
> RF. One of them will have to move to LF. The bums have Bellinger
> in LF and Puig in RF. Puig's batting .229 but still leads the team
> in RBI. Boston seems to have a weaker OF so maybe they'll go all
> out.
>
> It can also be a surprised team. I think the Giants shocked the
> world when they signed Bonds in 1993.

Since their offense is non-existent, maybe they should consider it.

IIRC McGowan wanted to make a big splash by going after Bonds.

I remember a short segment about Trout going down and what a huge part
of the Angels' offense he was.

Well, Angels stats still suck, .237 BA as a team, only 229 runs in 57
games, so like 4 runs a game.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/team/stats/batting/_/name/laa/los-angeles-angels

Harper might be worth it if he had the impact that Bonds did, drawing
all those walks, generating so many runs if he had one or two other guys
competent enough to get on base in front of him.

Unlikely but maybe he makes the batter in front of him or behind him
more productive by virtue of being pitched around all the time.

If the farm system fails to develop all-star level players for about 7
years now, the price to get such players on your roster is very steep.

Awesome Giants

Jun 3, 2017, 5:29:50 AM6/3/17
Yeah, big risk, big reward. If he pans out, it'd be great. If he
doesn't, a lot of money will be tied up for many years.

With Cain money freeing up this year and Pence next year, I think
they have a shot money wise, but probably won't be the highest
bidder. Giants need help from intangibles.

If stats are important to him, then AT&T Park is a negative. If
championship is more important to him, then the Giants might be in
good or decent shape. Not sure if he likes the west coast or prefer
to stay in the east coast. Hunter Strickland is definitely a big
negative.

But if money is the most important for him, then the Giants can
forget it.

Then I just hope the bums don't get him.