game ends on ball 4, to load the bases.

ari...@bellsouth.net

Jul 8, 2017, 12:59:34 AM7/8/17
full count to belt two outs giants down 6-1, trying to make a comeback, again comeback taken away on a bad call. Clearly ball 4 to Belt called strike 3. game over. How many times have our pitchers toss one right over for strike 3, then called a ball, then the other team comes back and gets a hit. Happened in the Colorado series. Would have been bases loaded. Hate when a game ends on such a putrid call. Not reviewable. This ump can go the way of Angel Hernandez. By the way, Phil Cuzzi is in this umping crew.

John Walsh

Jul 8, 2017, 1:35:35 AM7/8/17
In last year's NLCS, Angel stuck it to the Dodgers. So he's not all
bad. Most of the calls were accurate and it's hard to blame the umpire
for call it a strike to get the dog of a game off the field.

ari...@bellsouth.net

Jul 8, 2017, 2:33:03 PM7/8/17
On Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 12:59:34 AM UTC-4, ari...@bellsouth.net wrote:
> full count to belt two outs giants down 6-1, trying to make a comeback, again comeback taken away on a bad call. Clearly ball 4 to Belt called strike 3. game over. How many times have our pitchers toss one right over for strike 3, then called a ball, then the other team comes back and gets a hit. Happened in the Colorado series. Would have been bases loaded. Hate when a game ends on such a putrid call. Not reviewable. This ump can go the way of Angel Hernandez. By the way, Phil Cuzzi is in this umping crew.

the other teams do not need help from the umps to stop the giants, If they cannot do it themselves the umps dinner dates can wait. Finally the giants start a rally, although unlikely they come back and win, don't turn a walk into a strikeout and end the game. If it we Bellinger on the bums it would have been ball 4, and like we have seen the past week, teams can come back in the ninth.

John Walsh

Jul 8, 2017, 3:22:12 PM7/8/17
Not this team, Wayne. They've been woefully short on late hitting and
that streak they had was blundering into dumb luck against two teams
that weren't doing well.

Look at the batting averages on the Marlins and look at the Giants.
Yesterday's pitcher had an ERA that indicated the Giants should have
gotten to him. They did nothing.

Blaming the umpires is convenient, but it doesn't answer the question
of the strike outs, runners left on base, Belt's base running and the
lack of power. Bases load is a rare thing unless it's with two runners
out. That's an opportunity for almost every team except the Giants.