Can Cain match Samardzija's superb outing?

Awesome Giants

Jun 6, 2017, 2:58:03 AM6/6/17
Wow, what a pleasant surprise by Samardzija today, pitching deep into
the 8th inning and gave up only 1 ER. I thought he'd get killed today
at that ballpark. I'm also surprised to learn that he actually had a
very decent May after a stinking April:

Samardzija:
April: 6.32 ERA 1.340 WHIP
May: 3.32 ERA 1.057 WHIP

Cain pitched well in his last start at AT&T. How will he fare this
time in Milwaukee? Does he have any chance of matching his HR Derby
twin Samardzija's performance?

Jon Rossen

Jun 6, 2017, 7:12:34 PM6/6/17
Short Answer: NO

-jon rossen

Jon Rossen

Jun 6, 2017, 8:18:07 PM6/6/17
Let me elaborate a bit more: If the Giants could manage to string
together multiple good games easily they wouldn't have the putrid record
they do. It's always something. Constant cold offense. If that won't
kill a winning streak you'll have one starting pitcher take a dump on
the field right after a stellar performance by the previous one.
Something will always occur to guarantee failure for the Giants.
Tonight it's Cain's turn to keep the Giants from winning...and the
Brewers have put together an irritating 4 run inning so far as I'm
typing this.

-jon rossen

ari...@bellsouth.net

Jun 6, 2017, 8:45:51 PM6/6/17
not going to happen.

Awesome Giants

Jun 7, 2017, 4:31:17 AM6/7/17
Seems like only Blach is winning lately. The pattern seems to be a
Blach win followed by 4 losses, or Blach and Cueto wins followed by
3 losses. Forget about winning streaks. We'd be lucky if we don't
have losing streaks. Alternating wins and losses would be an
improvement at the moment, because that'd mean .500 ball.

Well at least Cain is consistent. His road ERA is 8-ish, and
tonight it's 9.00.

It'll be interesting to see what team he'll sign with next year,
where he can't rely on pitching at AT&T Park anymore. It'd be a
cruel joke if he signs with Milwaukee, Cincy, Colorado, AZ, etc.

Awesome Giants

Jun 7, 2017, 4:31:32 AM6/7/17
Cain pitching on the road plus bowling night jinx = zero chance.