Interesting question - Which is the more pathetic team, Giants or 49ers?

Awesome Giants

Jun 26, 2017, 5:39:01 AM6/26/17
Last year's 49ers were as pathetic as they come, tying a franchise
record for the worst W/L record in history. It was ugly to watch.
They were only able to beat one team the whole season. The owner has
alienated many of the fans. Young great players would rather leave or
retire than to play for this team. Head coach prospect after head
coach prospect have turned down interviews for the job. I've never
seen anything like it.

Then came this year's Giants. I've seen many bad Giants teams over the
years, but nothing this bad. Even the 100-loss 1985 team seemed more
capable of winning a game than this bunch. No offense, no starting
pitching, no bullpen. Nothing. The only unknown is, will they
continue to be this bad for the rest of the season?

So, which is the more pathetic team, the 2016 49ers, or the 2017
Giants?

Seriously, thank god we have the Warriors!

benf8...@aol.com

Jun 26, 2017, 9:55:45 AM6/26/17
The 49ers. I got totally sick of everyone talking about Kaepernick

poldy

Jun 26, 2017, 7:17:00 PM6/26/17
I don't know about pathetic but the Giants are a huge disappointment
with the money they've spent. Not that they were going to set the world
on fire but you hoped they'd at least contend for the wild card.

June isn't even over and they're way out of it.

49ers had low payroll and while the team wouldn't admit it last year,
they were in rebuild mode.

At least they're spending money on new brain trust and with the parity
of the NFL, they can only go up now.

I would be happy for any signs of improvement, like younger players
showing signs of being pro bowl level players.

There was a discussion on NBC Sports Bay Area about the Giants. One guy
suggested they go for full rebuild and dump players, another said make
some tweaks in the offseason but not dump every one.

Well there are some expiring contracts soon so they will have to make
some decisions. Maybe first thing is to get rid of that Bobby guy, get
another GM.

Awesome Giants

Jun 27, 2017, 9:44:55 PM6/27/17
"benf8...@aol.com" <benf8...@aol.com> wrote:

> The 49ers. I got totally sick of everyone talking about Kaepernick

No team wants him right now because of his national anthem act. Ha.
He did it to himself.

The bad news is there's a chance he might be back.

Awesome Giants

Jun 27, 2017, 9:50:14 PM6/27/17
But unlike most other teams, the Giants spent most of the money on
retaining their own guys, not on acquiring big name veterans.
Cueto's really the only big time veteran they've spent big money on.
So the Giants payroll could be misleading.

I just heard that they're the worst Giants team since 1901. I
wasn't sure what measurement they used. Might have been games out
of 1st.

Well, of course the 49ers have a low payroll. Anyone decent wanted
to leave or retire. The only other team I can recall where the
owner totally dismantled an elite team to trash "on purpose" was the
1997 Marlins which also pissed off all their fans.

And at 2-14, it sure looks like they have nowhere to go but up. I
mean, if they can't improve from that...

The Giants won't go for full rebuild. They have a core group of
guys that they'll keep for sure. Then there are some that no other
teams want because their contracts are too high.