What are Beckett's "health" questions?

TomA...@netscape.com

Nov 24, 2005, 11:19:28 PM11/24/05
The only thing I remember - granted I haven't really been paying much
attention - are blisters.

I always thought Beckett had "Future Yankee" written all over him.

Tom K

Nov 24, 2005, 11:29:38 PM11/24/05

<TomA...@netscape.com> wrote in message

> The only thing I remember - granted I haven't really been paying much
> attention - are blisters.

He's had some shoulder issues to contend with in the past, as well.

Vinnie S.

Nov 25, 2005, 7:28:42 AM11/25/05
On 24 Nov 2005 20:19:28 -0800, TomA...@netscape.com wrote:

>The only thing I remember - granted I haven't really been paying much
>attention - are blisters.

Nothing serious.

>I always thought Beckett had "Future Yankee" written all over him.

Might still happened. He is a FA after 2 year. And if our good buddy (Curt the
camera whore) has anything to say, his mouth will send Beckett out of town.

Vinnie S.

Max Collodi

Nov 25, 2005, 8:41:17 AM11/25/05
Actually blisters are quite serious for a pitcher, as they tend to
reoccur and can't really be cured. In Beckett's case they prevent him
from throwing his curveball, essentially making him a one-pitch
pitcher. Like Roger Clemens' notoriously barking groin, this is
somehting that could dog Beckett over a stretch of several starts and
severely limit his effectiveness.

stankeeskiller

Nov 25, 2005, 9:52:14 AM11/25/05
DREAM ON FAGGOT!!

YOU ARE VERY SCARE!!
CAN'T WAIT TILL RED SOX NATION BEATS THE HELL
OUT OUT OF THE STANK'S WEAK STARTING PITCHING.

"Max Collodi" <jsa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Orwell

Nov 25, 2005, 10:09:55 AM11/25/05
Beckett has a history of blisters. However, the problem has gotten
progressively better over the past few years, leading to speculation
that his skin is acclamating itself. Also, Jack McKeon -- who spent
1/2 hour gushing over the guy on the Boston sports radio -- says that
there is a suspicion among the Marlins doctors that part of the problem
might be the constant humidity in Miami. There were fears of a
shoulder problem, but it turned out that James Andrews said it was mild
tendonitis, nothing more.

Vinnie S.

Nov 25, 2005, 10:40:11 AM11/25/05

He has not had any kind of major surgery, that I can recall, which is what I
meant be serious.

Save the scouting reports. We know you think Jose Lima is very good.

Vinnie S.

jimr...@aol.com

Nov 25, 2005, 11:28:12 PM11/25/05
Nolan Ryan had blister problems late in his career. He used to soak his
fingers in pickle juice.

Tom K

Nov 26, 2005, 1:55:21 AM11/26/05

<jimr...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Nolan Ryan had blister problems late in his career. He used to soak his
> fingers in pickle juice.

Dunno if I have heard of one pitcher who had his career ruined by blisters -
of course, it could be because the careers that get ruined by blisters are
careers that never get to the big leagues in the first place :)

Beckett will likely overcome the blisters somehow, and I think that is the
least of his concerns.

Max Collodi

Nov 26, 2005, 6:53:24 PM11/26/05
Get over it, Vinnie, will you please? It's not healthy the way you
obsess over me.

I liked you better when you used to make fun of gay people and insult
women. Now you're just creepy and stalkerish.

Vinnie S.

Nov 26, 2005, 11:46:12 PM11/26/05
On 26 Nov 2005 15:53:24 -0800, "Max Collodi" <jsa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Get over it, Vinnie, will you please? It's not healthy the way you
>obsess over me.

Believe me, I am not obsessing over you. I am just educating new people on this
group, that you are a complete and stupid asshole.

>I liked you better when you used to make fun of gay people and insult
>women.

I likes you better when you weren't here.

>Now you're just creepy and stalkerish.

You might want to look up the definintion of those words, imbecile. Posting
replies on this NG doesn't qualify for either.

Vinnie S.