Top 6 Reasons Why I Hate FOX Sports

BobFinnan.com

Oct 26, 2005, 8:29:10 AM10/26/05
1: Tim McCarver
2: Scooter
3: Too many graphics
4: Annoying sound effects that accompany #3
5: Quick cuts from too many camera angles
6: 3 1/2 minute commercial breaks every half inning
FOX Sports SUCK!

BFB

Oct 26, 2005, 8:40:17 AM10/26/05
BobFinnan.com wrote:

You left out the 2 things that annoys me the most:

1) WAY too many cuts to fans in the stands looking anxious, yakking on
cell fones, fingering rosary beads, hands clasped in prayer, too many
looks at idiots who look like their parents were 1st cousins, etc. I'd
much prefer seeing how outfielders are positioned or anything else.

2) the player profiles - I know that most of these players are
culturally vacant. Must I really be exposed to the fact that some
numbnut's favorite movie is Rocky V, his favorite actor is Woody
Harrelson, & his favorite artist is Tim McGraw?

*BFB*
NYC

Jr.

Oct 26, 2005, 9:52:52 AM10/26/05
The reason for all these player profiles is that nobody knows any of them
and basically according to the ratings nobody cares about them.

"BFB" <bfb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Joe F.

Oct 26, 2005, 10:15:22 AM10/26/05
C'mon... isn't it important to hear 500 times a game how Brad Ausmus is
an Ivy Leaguer??

Dewey

Oct 26, 2005, 2:31:33 PM10/26/05

"BFB" <bfb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> BobFinnan.com wrote:
>
> > 1: Tim McCarver
> > 2: Scooter
> > 3: Too many graphics
> > 4: Annoying sound effects that accompany #3
> > 5: Quick cuts from too many camera angles
> > 6: 3 1/2 minute commercial breaks every half inning
> > FOX Sports SUCK!
>
> You left out the 2 things that annoys me the most:
>
> 1) WAY too many cuts to fans in the stands looking anxious, yakking on
> cell fones, fingering rosary beads, hands clasped in prayer, too many
> looks at idiots who look like their parents were 1st cousins, etc. I'd
> much prefer seeing how outfielders are positioned or anything else.

DOn't mind the cuts to fans. It's the constant cuts to stars of Fox shows
and the hyping of those shows. It's bad enough there are tons of commercials
between innings and during pitching changes - do we need to have commercials
during the game too?

Seth Jackson

Oct 26, 2005, 12:08:17 PM10/26/05
On 26 Oct 2005 05:29:10 -0700, "BobFinnan.com" <fwd...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Did you see the FOX stats they showed somewhere around the 12th
inning? To that point in the game, there had been into the thousands
of camera cuts.

Kyle Engelbert

Oct 26, 2005, 2:02:00 PM10/26/05
Agreed on all counts, let me add to the list and count the ways the
games are unwatchable and unlistenable on Fox:

1) Every time they cut to the centerfield camera to show each pitch,
there is a slight stutter in the audio - all the different field mics
they use must not be in sync.

2) Returning to the game late after a commercial break.

3) The ball gets diminished or lost in front of the green screen
advertising.

4) Every time there is a pitch that goes over 96mph - there is this
loud whoosh sound accompanied by a fireball on top of the speed
reading.

5) HDTV coverage was horrible. Constant skipping
when they changed camera angles.

Do the producers of the games at Fox actually not notice or realize
how annoying these things are? Please ABC, CBS, NBC - put a bid in to
get the baseball playoffs in the future...

ibm...@yahoo.com

Oct 26, 2005, 2:24:33 PM10/26/05

> 5) HDTV coverage was horrible. Constant skipping
> when they changed camera angles.
>
> Do the producers of the games at Fox actually not notice or realize
> how annoying these things are? Please ABC, CBS, NBC - put a bid in to
> get the baseball playoffs in the future...

Actually MLB in FOX HD is not that bad at all. Last year ABC didn't
have any NBA playoff games in HD until final. MLB HD PQ is ok, DD 5.1
sound is even better.

DC

Oct 26, 2005, 9:18:57 PM10/26/05
Jr. wrote:
> The reason for all these player profiles is that nobody knows any of them
> and basically according to the ratings nobody cares about them.

I can hardly wait till the Tigers get to the World Series again.

Erasmus "The Mannequin" Brown

Oct 27, 2005, 1:13:14 AM10/27/05

"BFB" <bfb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hey, Woody is a damn good actor. Ever seen "The People vs. Larry Flynt?" He
was damn good in "NBK," too. And I believe he won some Emmys for "Cheers."

Erasmus "The Mannequin" Brown

Oct 27, 2005, 1:13:36 AM10/27/05

"Joe F." <JFe...@cpcbhc.org> wrote in message

> C'mon... isn't it important to hear 500 times a game how Brad Ausmus is
> an Ivy Leaguer??

He should have taken some courses in hitting.

Erasmus "The Mannequin" Brown

Oct 27, 2005, 1:14:48 AM10/27/05

"Dewey" <dewey3...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> "BFB" <bfb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > BobFinnan.com wrote:
> >
> > > 1: Tim McCarver
> > > 2: Scooter
> > > 3: Too many graphics
> > > 4: Annoying sound effects that accompany #3
> > > 5: Quick cuts from too many camera angles
> > > 6: 3 1/2 minute commercial breaks every half inning
> > > FOX Sports SUCK!
> >
> > You left out the 2 things that annoys me the most:
> >
> > 1) WAY too many cuts to fans in the stands looking anxious, yakking on
> > cell fones, fingering rosary beads, hands clasped in prayer, too many
> > looks at idiots who look like their parents were 1st cousins, etc. I'd
> > much prefer seeing how outfielders are positioned or anything else.
> >
> DOn't mind the cuts to fans.

As long as it's to girls with big jugs!!!

It's the constant cuts to stars of Fox shows
> and the hyping of those shows.

Again - as long as it's to girls with big jugs!!! :P