Re: Fathers, baseball and box scores?

Message has been deleted

unforgiven

May 9, 2007, 7:52:25 PM5/9/07
Captai...@example.com wrote:
> All -
>
> In either '55 or '56 my Dad took off work and took me to a weekday
> day-game at Fenway. Mick either went "2 for 4" or "3 for 5" and Ted hit
> a homer in his last at bat.
>
> Dad was a Cubs guy, but he also took me to see Yankees-Senators and even
> the PCL Padres at Lane Field (Home of the Termites).
>
> Is there a website I can go look for that Fenway box score?

Not that I know of for '55 or '56, but there's this:
<http://www.retrosheet.org/> "The years in bold face (1911, 1921-1922
plus 1958-2006) have box scores available; the others do not."

> I was
> telling the story of that game a while ago, and there can only be a
> handfull of games to check.
>
> Yeah...I miss him
>
> ...best, Capt N.

@aow.com Zod

May 9, 2007, 7:53:37 PM5/9/07

<Captai...@example.com> wrote in message

> All -
>
> In either '55 or '56 my Dad took off work and took me to a weekday
> day-game at Fenway. Mick either went "2 for 4" or "3 for 5" and Ted hit
> a homer in his last at bat.
>
> Dad was a Cubs guy, but he also took me to see Yankees-Senators and even
> the PCL Padres at Lane Field (Home of the Termites).
>
> Is there a website I can go look for that Fenway box score? I was

> telling the story of that game a while ago, and there can only be a
> handfull of games to check.
>
> Yeah...I miss him
>
> ...best, Capt N.

http://www.retrosheet.org/

Enjoy! My dad used to take me to Yanke Stadium in the 50's and I remember
being amazed the first time I went there that the filed WAS IN COLOR! We
used to go from Scranton to Port Authority and then take the subway to the
Bronx. They are great memories.

Double-Aces

May 9, 2007, 8:59:31 PM5/9/07
I have my memories of games with my Father as do you. Remember them well but
do not forget to make new memories whenever you can. Every day is precious.

<Captai...@example.com> wrote in message
> All -
>
> In either '55 or '56 my Dad took off work and took me to a weekday
> day-game at Fenway. Mick either went "2 for 4" or "3 for 5" and Ted hit
> a homer in his last at bat.
>
> Dad was a Cubs guy, but he also took me to see Yankees-Senators and even
> the PCL Padres at Lane Field (Home of the Termites).
>
> Is there a website I can go look for that Fenway box score? I was
> telling the story of that game a while ago, and there can only be a
> handfull of games to check.
>
> Yeah...I miss him
>
> ...best, Capt N.
>

> --
> Email to Captai...@C0X.NYET (yes, you can so figure it out) ;-]
>
> Scream and shout and jump for joy! I was here before Kilroy!
>
> Sorry to spoil your little joke. I was here but my computer
broke. ---Kilroy

Message has been deleted