Pitching prospects?

Scott Smith

Oct 18, 2006, 5:24:34 PM10/18/06

OK, so I've been looking around at the free agent pitching
prospects for starters in 2007, and this is a list of some of the
guys for the Twins to consider.

Barry Zito
Mike Mussina
Gil Meche
Byung-Hyun Kim
Andy Pettitte
Jason Schmidt
Ted Lilly
Vicente Padilla
Greg Maddux
Jeff Weaver
Woody Williams
Jamie Moyer
Jason Pettitte
Aaron Sele
Brian Moehler

Personally, I like Zito, but he's going to get top $$$ offers and may
be priced out of the Twins range.

Weaver is another starter I like, as are Pettitte, Maddux and Johnson.

Who would you want, who would you pass on?

- Scott Smith: sc...@sludgereport.org
Book Blog: http://scottsbooks.blogspot.com
Blue States Rising: http://www.bluestaterising.blogspot.com

Likely Story

Oct 18, 2006, 6:33:25 PM10/18/06

"Scott Smith" <sc...@sludgereport.org> wrote in message

> OK, so I've been looking around at the free agent pitching
> prospects for starters in 2007, and this is a list of some of the
> guys for the Twins to consider.
>
> Barry Zito
> Mike Mussina
> Gil Meche
> Byung-Hyun Kim
> Andy Pettitte
> Jason Schmidt
> Ted Lilly
> Vicente Padilla
> Greg Maddux
> Jeff Weaver
> Woody Williams
> Jamie Moyer
> Jason Pettitte
> Aaron Sele
> Brian Moehler

> Weaver is another starter I like, as are Pettitte, Maddux and Johnson.

Johnson? What list is he on?

Scott Smith

Oct 18, 2006, 8:09:36 PM10/18/06

Josh Johnson from the Marlins. He's a Minnesota native, and he is
reportedly on the block by the Marlins (according to KFAN radio).

Last season he was 12-7 with a 3.10 ERA as a starter for the marlins.

He's on my list.

Scott Smith

Oct 19, 2006, 3:52:09 PM10/19/06

Doing some reading on-line today about Johnson indicates that
he didn't finish the season with the Marlin's due to injury. Not
sure the Marlin's could shop him around without some indication
that he is back to 100% right now.