Tweet 2/27

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:00:37 PM2/26/15
# Net neutrality. Is it a good thing? History will be the judge.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:01:27 PM2/26/15
# Devils trade Jagr to Panthers for a couple picks.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:21:03 PM2/26/15
# MONEY QUOTE: Larry Lucchino says, "We are willing to
sacrifice some profits for a winning baseball team."

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:21:29 PM2/26/15
# Ortiz on himself and Tom Brady: "We are like wine. Remember that."

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:21:55 PM2/26/15
# Papi has also had a falling-out with A-Rod. I have been a
defender of Alex, but obviously now I side with David 100%.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:22:20 PM2/26/15
# That said, I do hope A-Rod plays out his contract with the Yankees
for the next 3 years. He deserves that much.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:22:37 PM2/26/15
# The old timers are nice and all, but my focus is on YOAN
(who resembles A-Rod facially). Kid is jacked. See his arms?

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:22:51 PM2/26/15
# YOAN spoke to a guy at Fangraphs and seems really cool.
Says he loves 2B but will play anywhere. Wants to improve.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:23:05 PM2/26/15
# YOAN considers himself a power hitter, but prides himself
on a good eye (as borne out by nice walk rates in Cuba).

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:23:22 PM2/26/15
# Tomase warns us that Rusney shouldn’t just be handed
the CF job. It’s possible Betts plays CF and Victorino RF.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:23:39 PM2/26/15
# My concern with Victorino, aside from health, is his
ability or lack thereof in hitting righty pitching.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:23:52 PM2/26/15
# Shane struggled as a lefty. Yes, he did really well after
abandoning switch-hitting, but pitchers often adjust.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:24:06 PM2/26/15
# I get the sense that Mookie is a better hitter, and
certainly a better OBP guy, against right-handers.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:24:22 PM2/26/15
# Tomase notes that Betts is in a group with Joe D,
Pujols, McCovey, and Murray: age 21, OPS over 800.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:25:00 PM2/26/15
# BTW, I never use a decimal in OPS. It's not mathematically correct,
since you're adding two percentages with different denominators.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:26:05 PM2/26/15
# Again, my preference is an outfield of Hanley/Rusney/
Mookie, or Hanley/Mookie/Rusney. Anything with Mookie.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:26:31 PM2/26/15
# But if you had to play Victorino, I would take Betts
(whom I love) over Castillo (whom I like) as a starter.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:26:59 PM2/26/15
# I also think you need to sprinkle Nava in occasionally
against righties. You can put him in at 1B, LF, or RF.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:27:14 PM2/26/15
# Now that Ichiro is out of the Bronx, he’s been telling
friends that he hated playing for Joe Girardi.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:27:26 PM2/26/15
# Francesa says the Yanks are focusing too much on other
businesses, such as their soon-to-debut soccer team.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:27:51 PM2/26/15
# Jays lose Michael Saunders for at least half the season
with a torn meniscus. He was supposed to be the starting LF.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:28:12 PM2/26/15
# Brewers bring back K-Rod as closer. He’s still effective,
and he’s not as old as you think. Soriano is still out there.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:28:26 PM2/26/15
# Old friend Wily Mo Pena is returning to Japan, this time
with the Rakuten Golden Eagles. Hit 32 HR for Orix in 2014.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:28:41 PM2/26/15
# RANSOM NOTE: Cody signs minor league deal with the
Arizona Diamondbacks.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:28:56 PM2/26/15
# KAR-CASH-IANS! Reality clan inks $100M deal with E!,
so we have many more years of watching their antics.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:29:11 PM2/26/15
# I’m very disturbed about what’s going on with Rondo.
He is a troubled soul.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:29:23 PM2/26/15
# Patriots’ plan B if Vereen leaves? Possibly Reggie
Bush; more likely the massively underrated Roy Helu.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:29:43 PM2/26/15
# Adrian Peterson reinstated to NFL. I’d cut him in a
second if I were the Vikes. Not worth the hassle, or $15M.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:30:58 PM2/26/15
# CNN can't expect to be taken seriously if they let Ashleigh Banfield
anchor. She hates the U.S. and only cares about terrorists' "rights."

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:40:27 PM2/26/15
# Victorino now says he wants to switch-hit again. Against the grain,
I think he'd be better off doing it, despite his R-on-R success.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:41:12 PM2/26/15
# I just feel like Shane's surge as a righty is a thing pitchers can
adjust to, like Millar's hot streak after opening his stance.

bismotwitter

Feb 26, 2015, 6:41:42 PM2/26/15
# Jays sign Johan Santana, who has little left, but hopefully can
contribute something. I will always love him for his no-hitter.

dcp7

Feb 27, 2015, 6:10:24 AM2/27/15
A stop pretending not to be a pinko!

B your fat wife isnt as good looking as Ashley B.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:44:12 PM2/27/15
# LIVED LIFE AND PROSPERED: RIP Leonard Nimoy, one of the true greats.
He was 83 years old. His impact will be eternal.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:44:31 PM2/27/15

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:45:35 PM2/27/15
# Some intelligent Yankee fans (normally an oxymoron, accent on moron)
are rooting for Boston to do well, speeding a Yankee rebuild/overhaul.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:46:18 PM2/27/15
# I've spent hours trying to find a picture of Hanley as a Red Sock in
which he's not smiling. No luck so far.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:46:34 PM2/27/15
# GO-GO SOX? Farrell plans to run early and often in 2015.
Boston has plenty of speedsters, as they did 2 years ago.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:47:22 PM2/27/15
# Pedey can still swipe a bag. Hanley could steal 15+. Rusney, Mookie,
and Victorino, whichever 2 play, can easily steal 20-30, maybe more.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:47:49 PM2/27/15
# And Farrell reminds us of the secret weapon for October: Quintin
Berry, who has never been thrown out stealing in the majors.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:48:08 PM2/27/15
# RIP Earl Lloyd, the first African-American player in NBA
history. He was 86, debuted in 1950, and made the HOF.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:48:24 PM2/27/15
# Lloyd debuted the same day as Sweetwater Clifton
and Chuck Cooper, but Earl’s game started earlier.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:48:48 PM2/27/15
# Padres sign utility man Mike McCoy, who played *at* McCoy for
Pawtucket last year, but batted .181.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:49:05 PM2/27/15
# Schilling says biggest mistake Sox made in his day was not
re-signing Orlando Cabrera due to "stupid off field rumors."

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:49:22 PM2/27/15
# Amazingly, Schilling also says he wishes A-Rod well this
season. Nobody hated Alex more than Curt in the 2000s.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:50:39 PM2/27/15
# Aramis Ramirez will retire after the 2015 season. Quietly,
he’s hit .285/.344/.496 with 369 HR, 1342 RBI, and 3 ASGs.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:53:18 PM2/27/15
# Let's also salute Mark Ellis, a fine 2B who hung 'em up yesterday.
Never made an ASG, not too well known, but surprisingly good.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:54:09 PM2/27/15
# Ellis batted .262/.327/.384 (92 OPS+), not bad for a good defensive
2B. Hit 105 HR, with a high of 19. Ranks 56th on Jaffe's JAWS system.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:57:38 PM2/27/15
# Ellis ranks ahead of such notables, in JAWS, as Frank White, Brian
Roberts, Ron Hunt, Pete Runnels, Bobby Avila, and Phil Garner.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:58:51 PM2/27/15
# Melvin Upton--the erstwhile B.J.--has a foot injury that should
sideline him until May. Talk about a snakebit player.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 5:59:39 PM2/27/15
# THREE WISE MEN: Beane reclaims Alex Hassan from Duquette, after
initially claiming him from Cherington.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 6:00:39 PM2/27/15
# Jays should've been in on Hassan. They may sign Dayan Viciedo
instead. They really need a left fielder in the worst way.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 6:01:25 PM2/27/15
# You wonder if Ben would offer someone to Toronto, maybe Craig or
Victorino. Probably not, as it's the same division.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 6:03:36 PM2/27/15
# Saw a photo of YOAN next to one of a teenaged A-Rod, and the facial
resemblance is absolutely uncanny.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 6:04:07 PM2/27/15
# WELCOME MATT: Harvey dazzles on the mound in Mets camp, and is
confident he can return to his old dominant self.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 6:05:01 PM2/27/15
# BRUISED WAYNE: Reggie undergoes triceps surgery and is mulling
retirement. The future HOFer is 36 years of age.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 6:06:15 PM2/27/15
# Fins cut Brian Hartline. He's boring, yet interesting. Had a couple
of the quietest 1000-yard seasons ever. I'd take him as a #3 WR.

bismotwitter

Feb 27, 2015, 6:11:53 PM2/27/15
# Putin's rival shot dead, and suspicious minds wonder if it's a
coincidence.