don's game 80 GRADES COMMENT AND 10 GAME PEPORT???

Donald Violette

Jul 1, 2017, 4:54:51 PM7/1/17
FIRST EVERY 10 GAME REPORT: IF MEMORY SERVES ABD I THINK IT DOES AT 70 GAMES THEY WERE 6 GAMES OVER .500 AND QAT 80 GAMESA ARE 10 GAMES OVER LOOKS TO ME LIKE THEY'VE REALLY HIT THEIR ST\KRIDE
N TO THE LONE COMMENT: AT 10 GAMES OVER .500 THEY'VE FINALLY HT FIRST BENCHMARK, LET'S HOPE IY DOESN'T TAKKE AS LONG
FOT THEM TO HIT THE SECOND BENCHMARK OF 20 GAMES.
INK
ON TO THOSE GRADES? I DON''T THINK I'VE EVER NAMED A PLAYER THE GOAT OF THE GAME IN A GAME THREY WON BU THAT;S JUST WHAT MOTELAND IS FOR LEAVING STUPIFYING 11 MEN ON BASE.
ABD PEDEY AND BENNIE RAXXH GET A- FOR HAING 8 AND RECECTIVELY.
PHIST GETS A + FOR AGAIN DOING JUST WHAT THEYGOT HIM FOR PITCHING WELL ENOUGH FOR HIS TEAM TO WIN THE GAME.

AND JBJ GETS A + GOR THE 2 HITS AND RUN SCORED
AND MARRERO GETS A + FIOR THE 3 HITS 2 RBI HITTING FROM THE 9 HOLE WITH A .183 BA
AND EVEN THOUGH HE HAD A 3 RUN LEAD KIMBREL GETS A + FOR HIS MLB LEADING 23 SAVE.
+

AAN
+_ )

BTTalb...@yahoo.com

Jul 2, 2017, 8:47:00 AM7/2/17
Not picking on you, Don, but incorrectly stating the number of games
that a team is over the .500 mark drives me crazy. It seems like
commentators, newspaper write-ups, etc. do this.

After last night's win, the Sox record is 46-35, and announcers state
that the team is 11 games over .500 (46-35=11). That's wrong. Since the
team has played 81 games, they would be at .500 if they had won 40.5
games. Since the won 46 games, however, they are 5.5 games above .500.
To be 11 games over .500, they would have to have won 51.5 games and lost
28.5 (51.5 + 28.5= 81 games). This probably doesn't bother others,
but it bugs me.

Other than that, the Sox are now 2 games up on TEE !!

BTT
Go Sox!!

BTT