Baseball writers and front office wizards out of sync

dn.u...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2019, 12:26:48 PM2/14/19

Baseball writers are blaming the club owners of being greedy and
not spending enough on players. But should the writers not be
challenging data-savvy front office wizards who are these days
advising the powers-that-be on how much to spend and on whom?

BTTalb...@yahoo.com

Feb 15, 2019, 1:50:32 PM2/15/19
What amazes me is players and the players' assn.
claiming collusion when teams have not yet offered
enormous contracts to players like Harper and
Machado. Figures like 10 years and anywhere from
$300M to $400M. It's not collusion, it's common sense.

And it makes me uneasy to hear reports that the Sox
are still in the hunt for Machado.

BTT