Tweet 9/30

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:49:20 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# MEDIUM PAPI: Not the most thrilling event Christina
and I have ever attended. Nice ceremony; awful game.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:49:51 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# Just like Wednesday, I had to live vicariously through
the Baltimore Orioles, WHO ELIMINATED THE YANKEES!

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:50:15 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# Big crowd, I’d say at least half Sox fans, maybe two-
thirds. Huge ovations and chants for PAPI!

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:50:29 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# CEREMONY OF THE HORSEMAN: Nice to see Ellsbury
and Cone and Mariano represent the Yanks for Ortiz.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:51:10 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# Amazingly, for a few moments I forgot that I hated Benedict
Ellsbury. Coney Cone and Mariano are beyond reproach.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:51:34 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# First gift was very thoughtful: a book where present and past Yanks
wrote personal notes to David. Would love to read each one.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:51:45 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# Second gift was a very nice painting of Papi standing
at home, looking out at Yankee Stadium. He loved it.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:52:06 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# There were big chants for Papi when he batted, but he fanned, then
walked and was pinch-run for. You wanted another AB, a home run.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:52:41 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# Same thing a Yankee fan might have felt at Jeter's last game, when
he left early, after that last little hit.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:53:28 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# The rest of the game was as thrilling as a root canal. No Mookie, no
Pedey, no Hanley. Half the pitchers were clearly hung over.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:53:56 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# CC was outstanding, albeit against a lame lineup.
Bogie had a gorgeous homer for Boston’s only run.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:54:12 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# Hank Owens was pretty good, but took the Larry.
Robby Scott and Robbie Ross Jr. were terrible.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:54:28 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# With Scott’s poor performance, I’m starting to think he
may not make the ALDS roster. Pomeranz is ready for relief.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:54:50 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# The Sanchize was 0-for-5 with 4 Ks in the box score, which omits 2
monstrous shots that were just foul.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:55:01 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# I was hoping to see MONCADA, but it turns out he was
sent to Florida to get ready for the Arizona Fall League.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:55:13 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# Jays and O’s now tied for the 2 wild cards. Detroit 1.5
out; Seattle 2 back.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:55:25 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# HELLO CLEVELAND! Sox look assured of the #2 or #3 seed,
which is fine. 2 back of Texas, 0.5 up on the Tribe.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:55:48 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# Cleveland may have to play a makeup game against Detroit Monday,
which would be even better news. Hashtag Tired Tito!

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:56:06 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# Chris Archer avoids a 20-loss season, finishing 9-19.
Last 20-game loser in MLB? Mike Maroth, 9-21 in 2003.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:56:41 PM9/30/16
Report not abuse
# Kiner always said you had to be good to lose 20 games. If you were
bad, you'd be sent to the bullpen or the minors, or released.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 6:58:45 PM9/30/16
# How about the BS ending to the Reds-Cards game? Umps
said replay request on last play took too long. Garbage.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:03:16 PM9/30/16
# Jesus Montero is an utter piece of sh-t. Suspended
again for PEDs, 50 games.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:03:37 PM9/30/16
# Brad Marchand is a national hero, leading Canada to World Cup of
Hockey title. Crosby MVP. Tavares terrific, as always.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:03:47 PM9/30/16
# Dolphins are awful. Cincy dominated them in a Thursday
Night Football game I’m glad I missed. Green was a beast.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:04:23 PM9/30/16
# Gordon going into rehab, but also getting released. We hope he gets
his life together. Watkins to IR. Two amazing talents.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:04:42 PM9/30/16
# Best wishes to the great Dick Enberg, who called his
final Padres home game. Orsillo is their #1 next year.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:05:01 PM9/30/16
# Jets officially a disaster. Decker has a rotator cuff. In fantasy, I
swear on my mother, Robbie Anderson. He's the guy to get.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:09:23 PM9/30/16
# Somewhat surprisingly, the Reds have extended manager Bryan Price.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:10:24 PM9/30/16
# Ben Simmons, meantime, broke the dreaded fifth metatarsal in his
right foot. Will probably miss the beginning of his first NBA season.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:11:21 PM9/30/16
# Marcel Reese, a very versatile "fullback" who can play RB, TE, WR,
anywhere, is visiting with Belichick. Perfect fit.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:14:38 PM9/30/16
# Only 1 Sock on BA's South Atlantic League top 20 prospect list: CF
Luis Alexander Basabe was #9. This is a large and deep league.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:15:15 PM9/30/16
# Anderson Espinosa was #4 and Basabe's twin Luis Alejandro was #18.
Both, of course, were traded during the 2016 season.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:16:32 PM9/30/16
# SP.com has released its 2016 Sox minor league all-star team. Like
this reporter's list, it's for best seasons, not best prospects.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:17:59 PM9/30/16
# My list matched SP.com's for hitters: Romanski C, C.Marrero 1B,
MONCADA 2B, Dubon SS, Dalbec 3B, Benny/Tavarez/Hill OF, Devers DH.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:18:55 PM9/30/16
# Well, it's not that surprising, but I didn't expect them to "copy"
my copout of putting both Dalbec and Devers on the squad.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:20:21 PM9/30/16
# SP.com's SPs were Kopech, Haley, Raudes, and Jhonathan Diaz (GCL).
My list omitted Diaz and included 2 guys from the DSL.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:21:15 PM9/30/16
# SP.com's pen had Cosart, Scott, and Ben Taylor. My list included 2
more relievers, Bobby Poyner and a Domincan Summer Leaguer.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:23:08 PM9/30/16
# Farrell told a rude fan to "shut your a-s up" after being heckled at
the Bronx Bidet last night.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 7:24:07 PM9/30/16
# Red Sox AL East titles: 1975, 1986, 1988, 1990, 2007, 2013, 2016.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 11:08:11 PM9/30/16
# BIG PAPI! Ortiz, in his final September game, hits a dramatic
go-ahead homer, after Mookie's tying single, and Boston wins, 5-3!

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 11:09:15 PM9/30/16
# Porcello was mediocre and got a Nelson Doubleday. Ziggy earned a
Willie, and Byung-Hyun Kimbrel worked around 2 walks for the save.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 11:11:10 PM9/30/16
# Solid night, with some good D by Hanley, 3 hits by Pedey, 2 by
Benny.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 11:11:57 PM9/30/16
# Some changes to the lineup, which you wonder about going forward.
Brock hit 2nd and played 3rd. Mookie-Papi-Hanley-Bogie-Jackie 3-7.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 11:12:34 PM9/30/16
# I'm not wild about Brock batting second, but it's fine to move Bogie
down and Jackie up. I'm agnostic on Papi and Mookie.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 11:13:27 PM9/30/16
# Mookie can utilize his speed more batting after Papi, but there's
maybe more L/R balance this way.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 11:14:44 PM9/30/16
# Texas wins--Darvish you have to watch out for--and I believe they
clinch the #1 seed. Boston still a half-game up on Tito.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 11:15:22 PM9/30/16
# Baltimore crushed the Yanks to move into the top wild card seed.
Toronto just a half-game up on Detroit.

bismotwitter

Sep 30, 2016, 11:18:44 PM9/30/16
# Bruce red hot at the right time, leading the Mets to another big
win.