DON'S GAME 26 GRADES, COMMENTS, AND A QUESTION???

Donald Violette

May 4, 2017, 1:26:59 PM5/4/17

FIRST WHAT MAY SOUND LIKE A STUPID QUESTION: WHAT IS A CHANGE UP? I ASSUME IT'S A SLOWER FAST BALL. BUT IF THAT'S TRUE WOULDN'T THAT MAKE IT EASIER TO HIT? OR DOES IT BEING SLOWER MAKE IT BREAK LIKE A CURVE BALL?
NOW THE COMMENTS: IMHO THE UMPIRE OVER REACTED BY EJECTING THE THE O's STARTER FOR HITTING BOGIE WITH A BREAKING PITCH. AND THERE WILL BE NO OFFENSIVE + OR - BECAUSE NO HITTER CAME CLOSE TO MY CRITERIA FOR EITHER.

NOW TO THE ONLY TWO GRADES I AM GIVING:
THOUGH IT WASN'T A QUALITY START POMERANZ GETS A + FOR GIVING UP JUST 2 RUNS AND K'ING 7
AND FOR WHIFFING ALL THREE OF THE MEN HE FACED KIMBRELL GETS A + TOO.

nate

May 4, 2017, 1:59:06 PM5/4/17
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 1:26:59 PM UTC-4, Donald Violette wrote:
> FIRST WHAT MAY SOUND LIKE A STUPID QUESTION: WHAT IS A CHANGE UP? I ASSUME IT'S A SLOWER FAST BALL. BUT IF THAT'S TRUE WOULDN'T THAT MAKE IT EASIER TO HIT? OR DOES IT BEING SLOWER MAKE IT BREAK LIKE A CURVE BALL?

A change-up is a pitch to fool the hitter into thinking it's a fastball by the arm delivery, so he swings way too early. This is different, say, from Bill Lee's eephus pitch - which is a very different, obvious delivery, but can be effective because the hitters are playing at a fastball pace and not used to trying to match the timing.

Timing is huge in hitting. Hitters will use a funny term sometimes by saying the pitch is a yard slower. Sometimes when a 100mph reliever comes in, they'll say he's a yard faster.

- nate

dcp7

May 4, 2017, 3:27:32 PM5/4/17
On Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 1:26:59 PM UTC-4, Donald Violette wrote:
I'm surprised Ape Nate knew what a change-up was...

Shocking ..
Kimbrel u stupid disable pos..
Gawd so fucking idiot.