Tweet 6/20

bismotwitter

Jun 20, 2010, 10:20:07 AM6/20/10
# In the immortal words of Ralph Kiner, "It's Father's Day today, so
to all you fathers, happy birthday."

bismotwitter

Jun 20, 2010, 10:20:36 AM6/20/10
# Let us also salute Senator Jim Bunning, who threw a perfect game on
Father's Day 1964, against the Mets.

bismotwitter

Jun 20, 2010, 10:21:33 AM6/20/10
# And we honor all the great baseball dads, including Tito Francona,
Dr. Charles Jeter, Ken Griffey Sr., Cal Ripken Sr., and Cat Mays.

bismotwitter

Jun 20, 2010, 10:22:45 AM6/20/10
# During his career, George Sisler was mentioned in the same breath as
Ty Cobb, Hans Wagner, Tris Speaker, and Shoeless Joe Jackson.

bismotwitter

Jun 20, 2010, 10:25:08 AM6/20/10
# Why is Sisler nearly forgotten now? Sabermetrics. Singles hitter.
Live ball masked his decline. Rarely walked. So-so defensive stats.

bismotwitter

Jun 20, 2010, 10:27:16 AM6/20/10
# Other HOFers whose status has diminished over the years: Pie
Traynor, Mickey Cochrane, Mel Ott, Joe Cronin, Carl Hubbell.

bismotwitter

Jun 20, 2010, 10:28:52 AM6/20/10
# If you haven't read Cafardo's Baseball Notes today, don't bother.
That's ten minutes of my life I'll never get back. I learned nothing.

bismotwitter

Jun 20, 2010, 10:31:38 AM6/20/10
# In the NFL, Jim Sorgi backed up both Manning brothers. In college,
Peyton's backup was Todd Helton; Eli's was Seth Smith.

bismotwitter

Jun 20, 2010, 10:34:37 AM6/20/10
# It was nice to see Okajima pitch well yesterday. I had kind of
forgotten that he was still on the Red Sox.

bismotwitter

Jun 20, 2010, 10:35:57 AM6/20/10
# If I were on death row and could watch one last baseball game, it
would be a Mets telecast. Gary Cohen, Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling.

bismotwitter

Jun 20, 2010, 10:38:01 AM6/20/10
# For some reason, Larry Bowa reminds me of Leo the Lip. He doesn't
have Durocher's panache or brain, but he's a fiery sumbitch in 3B box.

sweet lou

Jun 20, 2010, 4:07:07 PM6/20/10
On Jun 20, 10:28 am, bismotwitter <bi...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> # If you haven't read Cafardo's Baseball Notes today, don't bother.
> That's ten minutes of my life I'll never get back.  I learned nothing.

Well maybe your faux wife or one of your other alter egos might have
learned something.

Tristan daCunha

Jun 20, 2010, 6:58:59 PM6/20/10
And to all the MOTHERS like Bismo!