Red Sox/New England Sucks...!

Guest

Aug 7, 2007, 11:44:53 AM8/7/07
...But the Celtics might be the team to beat in the east.  I also would not be shocked if the NBA hooked it up so that the east would have a little more star power and get stronger in the process.

mr. gone

Aug 7, 2007, 12:47:21 PM8/7/07
On Aug 7, 11:44 am, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
> ...But the Celtics might be the team to beat in the east. I also would not be shocked if the NBA hooked it up so that the east would have a little more star power and get stronger in the process.

nice to see the cute little troll has returned.

Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Aug 7, 2007, 1:00:42 PM8/7/07

"mr. gone" <mr_g...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

And I thought he was dead!

Snakes&Arrows

Aug 7, 2007, 2:39:59 PM8/7/07

"Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote in message

...But the Celtics might be the team to beat in the east. I also would not
be shocked if the NBA hooked it up so that the east would have a little more
star power and get stronger in the process.

HTML = Retard/PLONK

J Buck

Aug 7, 2007, 10:27:28 PM8/7/07
says the fuckhead who LIVES in New England.

Move, already. We don't want your kind here in our fair region.

Guest

Aug 8, 2007, 6:14:21 PM8/8/07
"J Buck" <jbu...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> says the fuckhead who LIVES in New England.
>
> Move, already. We don't want your kind here in our fair region.

Don't worry, my kind is not in YOUR region. I am in the New York City
region buddy. NYC is all around me. New England is all around you and no
where near me. I do see that you people up in New England love to cruise
through our state on your way to the city.

mr. gone

Aug 8, 2007, 10:26:07 PM8/8/07
On Aug 8, 6:14 pm, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
> "J Buck" <jbuc...@webtv.net> wrote in message

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England

"New England is a region of the United States located in the
northeastern corner of the country, consisting of the states of
Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and
Vermont.[2]"

of course new england stinks - you live there. like j buck, we ask you
to please move.

Guest

Aug 9, 2007, 2:12:58 PM8/9/07
"mr. gone" <mr_g...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

We have been through this before, you fucking arrogant New England
fundamentalists with nothing near you but Boston!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_metropolitan_area

Of course you only look to find what you want and not what is out there! WE
are not a part of your bullshit region, we are in the NYC area. Get it
through your non-English speaking heads!

http://www.news12.com/Home

http://www.tristatearea.com/

I know it may be shocking to you since think they we are down with Boston,
but we are down with NYC. Why would we be down with Boston? It is not in
OUR area. It took me a good 3 hours to get there! Not a place I want to go
to on the regular. NYC is in our area and we can go there for lunch of an
event and get back as if we lived around the way - which we do! That is why
we can do that. Boston is a nice city, but you guys need to understand that
YOU are New England and we are the Tri-state. Spread the word and stop
ASSuming things about areas that you do not know about.

abe slaney

Aug 9, 2007, 2:22:31 PM8/9/07
Guest wrote:

> I know it may be shocking to you since think they we are down with
> Boston, but we are down with NYC.

QED

Guest

Aug 9, 2007, 2:30:26 PM8/9/07
"abe slaney" <abesl...@itagain.com> wrote in message

?

mr. gone

Aug 9, 2007, 3:40:26 PM8/9/07
On Aug 9, 2:12 pm, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
> "mr. gone" <mr_gon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ASSuming things about areas that you do not know about.- Hide quoted text -

fine. since you assert that connecticut is not a part of new england,
i assert that virginia (where i live) is no longer a part of the
united states. i am now a canadian citizen.

at least that way i don't share a country with your ignorance...it's
bad enough to share a continent.

abe slaney

Aug 9, 2007, 7:57:22 PM8/9/07
Guest wrote:

QED

Guest

Aug 10, 2007, 12:35:34 AM8/10/07
"mr. gone" <mr_g...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

That is an idiotic analogy. Don't speak on an area that you do not live in.
I gave you but a sampling of proof in our reality and not the Boston+piss
states(New England) ideal. What I write is not ignorance, but the reality.
You have ignorance if you believe other than what has been presented to you.

mr. gone

Aug 10, 2007, 1:25:33 PM8/10/07

what, the *reality* that connecticut is part of new england by every
accepted definition? my saying virginia is not a part of the u.s. is
just as valid as you saying connecticut isn't part of new england.
period. only you are so stupid as to argue otherwise.

Guest

Aug 10, 2007, 5:00:40 PM8/10/07

>> That is an idiotic analogy. Don't speak on an area that you do not live
>> in.
>> I gave you but a sampling of proof in our reality and not the Boston+piss
>> states(New England) ideal. What I write is not ignorance, but the
>> reality.
>> You have ignorance if you believe other than what has been presented to
>> you.
>
> what, the *reality* that connecticut is part of new england by every
> accepted definition? my saying virginia is not a part of the u.s. is
> just as valid as you saying connecticut isn't part of new england.
> period. only you are so stupid as to argue otherwise.

Not too stupid if I am living here and I am telling you this. Sure, CT is
regarded as a so-called New England state by New England and state west of
Pennsylvania, but that does not mean that we sound like, think like, rally
around Boston like, are in the Boston metro area like, are in driving range
of, love Boston sports like, all hail Boston because there is no other major
city around like New England does. We are in the NYC area. I gave your
monkey ass the proof, not to mention geography, so that is that. We are New
York oriented for good reason. We know nothing of New England or what they
are about , except that they keep trying to push their culture onto us in
order to prey us away from the city that we are right next to. Boston is no
where near us, so why bother Boston?

Fred Burton

Aug 10, 2007, 5:58:09 PM8/10/07

"Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote in message

New England does NOT automatically equate to Boston.

The undeniable FACT is the Connecticut***IS*** a part of New England.

(sarcasm mode on at 100%)

If the people of SW CT have their panties in such a bunch that they cringe
at
being called a part of a NE, then perhaps they should secede from CT and
petition to join NY state, so that they can forevermore be out from under
the terrible oppression of being refered to as a part of New England.

Guest

Aug 10, 2007, 10:29:40 PM8/10/07
"Fred Burton" <fbu...@biteme.com> wrote in message

It is deniable HERE in ***CT***

> (sarcasm mode on at 100%)
>
> If the people of SW CT

How do you figure it is just the SW part of our state? I was watching the
news (CT) and they showed something going on in South Windsor (wherever that
is) and they showed a guy with a Mets hat and jersey. Besides, South
central CT or just anywhere on the NYC (not Boston or New England) METRO (as
in the area of a city)-North lines are and their respective counties. Are
you New Englanders aware that we actually have NYC MTA police on platrol in
our state permenatly? I know you are not. Does this sound like a New
England thing to you? Is Boston around here? How about RI, NH, VT, ME or
even MA? Nope! Only one part of CT borders MA and guess what? It's up by
Hartford. Not down here in the livest part of the state.

have their panties in such a bunch that they cringe
> at
> being called a part of a NE, then perhaps they should secede from CT

If we could, we would. We do it in a cultural way anyway. We are sepaerate
in spirit. The cable comapny is the same as NY and NJ. The ONLY thing that
has happend regarding New England is that this NECN channel (which no one
watches are has ever heard of) seems to have forced it's way on our cable
system or maybe it paid for it's spot. All it seems to be is Boston
propaganda and a slick way for Boston to appear more important than it is.
Maybe it is up in New England since it is the only major city and the only
city of any kind out there, but here in CT - the NYC area, nope! They ahve
a nerver to trick you people into thinking that Boston revolves around us
and that we have Boston or New England on our minds. Not down here buddy.

and
> petition to join NY state,

No need to join NY state since we are right next door. Maybe our own state
would be nice. That way those damn car taxes would be gone. The state
would look like RI is Fairfield left. Our cable company did try to take off
the CT news channels since they have a Hartford perspective on the news.
The CT stations protested, even though we are in the NYC TV market, not the
Hartford one. That is another thing that makes us in the NYC area - the TV
market. You cannot deny that!

so that they can forevermore be out from under
> the terrible oppression of being refered to as a part of New England.

Oh yes. It is such an unrelenting arrogance from Boston/New England. We
have no chains in out minds and in geography, but we need to break them with
you people. The Yankees/Mets is where it's at for us - never Boston.

Like I wrote, I ride through Boston with Yankees/Mets gear on!

Fred Burton

Aug 10, 2007, 10:45:29 PM8/10/07

"Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote in message

CT is a part of New England. Deal with it.

And BTW, you DO have your own chains on your minds since you cannot tell the
difference between NE and Boston.

Besides, I find it immensely ironic hearing someone from the general NYC
area
calling Boston/New England "arrogant". I went to college at, shall we say,
an
upstate NY university and the most arrogant people there BY FAR were the
NYC folks. BY FAR! They were at least 10 times more arrogant than anyone
else I ran into from any other part of the US or the world. Just about
every single
one of those bozos thought that there were two parts to the world, NYC and
everywhere else.

Mind you, there were only people from NYC itself and its close-in burbs.
The
people I encountered from further outside NYC (like Suffolk County, LI,
etc.)
were a lot more normal. But those NYC people were the most unbelievably
arrogant pricks I've ever encountered in my life, then and since.

mr. gone

Aug 11, 2007, 10:17:29 AM8/11/07
On Aug 10, 5:00 pm, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
> "mr. gone" <mr_gon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> That is an idiotic analogy. Don't speak on an area that you do not live
> >> in.
> >> I gave you but a sampling of proof in our reality and not the Boston+piss
> >> states(New England) ideal. What I write is not ignorance, but the
> >> reality.
> >> You have ignorance if you believe other than what has been presented to
> >> you.
>
> > what, the *reality* that connecticut is part of new england by every
> > accepted definition? my saying virginia is not a part of the u.s. is
> > just as valid as you saying connecticut isn't part of new england.
> > period. only you are so stupid as to argue otherwise.
>
> Not too stupid if I am living here and I am telling you this. Sure, CT is
> regarded as a so-called New England state by New England and state west of
> Pennsylvania, but that does not mean that we sound like, think like, rally
> around Boston like, are in the Boston metro area like, are in driving range
> of, love Boston sports like, all hail Boston because there is no other major
> city around like New England does.

who's saying you are? or that any other part of new england is? you're
only making that specious argument as a strawman to try to distance
yourself from boston. nobody else in new england identifies strongly
with boston either.

> We are in the NYC area. I gave your
> monkey ass the proof, not to mention geography, so that is that.

which doesn't exclude you from being a part of new england - which you
were given proof of too.

> We are New
> York oriented for good reason. We know nothing of New England or what they
> are about , except that they keep trying to push their culture onto us in
> order to prey us away from the city that we are right next to. Boston is no
> where near us, so why bother Boston?

indeed, why bother? why bother posting at all on this ng unless you're
a pathetic little troll trying to project *his own* arrogance about
geographical designations (arrogance because you are denying a simple
*fact* that ct is a part of new england - which believe me, given the
fact you live there, many people from every other part of new england
wish it wasn't, because they have to be affiliated with you). you're
the one picking the argument - obviously, you know you don't have a
leg to stand on.

Dano

Aug 11, 2007, 10:27:24 AM8/11/07

"mr. gone" <mr_g...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Oh for crying out loud. Let him call that pathetic, NY wannabe suburb of
the Big Apple call themselves whatever they want...Northeast
NY...whatever...who needs them?

Pitiful excuse for a state anyway. How are their sports franchises doing?
Sports aside...what do they have to be proud of? Oh yeah...it's a
relatively short ride to NY. Whoopdee-freaking-doo!

Guest

Aug 11, 2007, 3:01:28 PM8/11/07

>> Oh yes. It is such an unrelenting arrogance from Boston/New England. We
>> have no chains in out minds and in geography, but we need to break them
>> with you people. The Yankees/Mets is where it's at for us - never
>> Boston.
>>
>> Like I wrote, I ride through Boston with Yankees/Mets gear on!
>>

> CT is a part of New England. Deal with it.

Below you say that NYC people are arrogant? YOU are trying to tell me, a CT
native who WE are or SHOULD be. THAT's arrogant. I am telling you that you
New Englanders are different from us. You are New England and we are in the
NYC area. You people even sound alike and nothing like us. We speak a
language called English here.

> And BTW, you DO have your own chains on your minds since you cannot tell
> the
> difference between NE and Boston.
>
> Besides, I find it immensely ironic hearing someone from the general NYC
> area
> calling Boston/New England "arrogant". I went to college at, shall we
> say, an
> upstate NY university and the most arrogant people there BY FAR were the
> NYC folks. BY FAR! They were at least 10 times more arrogant than anyone
> else I ran into from any other part of the US or the world. Just about
> every single
> one of those bozos thought that there were two parts to the world, NYC and
> everywhere else.
>
> Mind you, there were only people from NYC itself and its close-in burbs.
> The
> people I encountered from further outside NYC (like Suffolk County, LI,
> etc.)
> were a lot more normal. But those NYC people were the most unbelievably
> arrogant pricks I've ever encountered in my life, then and since.

Look above for the Boston arrogance, but NYC people are cocky because the
city is the number one focus in America. Even powerful cities like Chicago,
D.C., Los Angeles and Houston pale in comparison, so they are understanbly
cocky. It is the same effect that you as an American feel towards the rest
of the word. NYC is #1 in the US and the US is #1 in the world. It kind of
works that way. When the British ruled the world (they still kind of do if
you check their bases and territories), they were VERY cocky. The US more
or less asserts itself as the world leader (self-proclaimed of course) and
they are very cocky. You know, "the most powerful country on earth." "The
world's only superpower." "The best this and that every time they speak."

Now you people in Boston are cocky because you think that New England mean
Boston and MA. You think that any state with a slight New England label
should or does automatically think like you do or as New England does. When
it takes me 3 hours to get to your city of Boston, how can you expect us to
see you as one of us? It takes me at least an hour and a half to reach RI
or MA borders. AT LEAST. People in Hartford are down with MA and New
England, so spread your New England propaganda to them where they may love
it.

As I was checking out Bunker Hill, I thought "this place is small, and it is
funny how they call this place NEW England, but they revolted against them."
Strange. When I was there(it is a nice town I will admit), I thought that I
was in New England, but here in CT I do not feel like a New Englander, we
don't call ourselves that and I don't want to be that. When in CT, I feel
like what I am - in the NY/NJ/CT TRI-STATE AREA. Respect it New Englanders!

Guest

Aug 11, 2007, 3:09:04 PM8/11/07
"mr. gone" <mr_g...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Yes they do! WHen I was coming back from Canada, I stopped in Vermont to
get gas. I have my Yankees plate on my car and people walking around there
had on Red Sox(Boston) gear. They looked at me like I was an alien AND I
saw them looking at my Yankees plate with CT tags. Don't tell me they are
not about Boston. It is the only city in New England that is major and with
sports teams. That Boston propagand cable station NECN backs up the Boston
is New England thing all of the time. It claims to be about NE, but all I
see is Boston and MA 99% of the time. I only watch to see the arrogance as
they keep trying to force us into their region even if we don't want it.
The have the NEVER to report New Haven and Bridgeport weather like we watch
them for our weather. YOUR weather is not like ours. OURS is like the rest
of our Tri-state area. This is yet another reason that we are not in your
area. History is history. It is gone. New England was a title in European
colonial times, but now only survives as a means of Boston to attempt to get
a "New England metro" area. Sorry, but CT is already in the NYC area.

Guest

Aug 11, 2007, 3:24:20 PM8/11/07
"Dano" <janea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Watching NECN, YOU people must need us. We certainly don't need you. I
even called that channel on one of their live programs and I said "how are
you people up in New England doing today?" The guy (the crazy looking guy
with the white hair) arrogantly replied:"you are in New England too." I of
course replied, "you are wrong, I am in the NYC area my man." I will keep
calling until you clowns get it.

CT is like a fine woman. NYC has her, but Boston wants her and still thinks
that she is his. Boston just does not realize that he is not on her (CT)
mind. Give up and concentrate on your other girlfriends(ME,VT,NH,RI).

> Pitiful excuse for a state anyway.

Huh? It's the richest in the nation. I would hardly cal that pitiful. I
would call a small city that is over 3 hours away trying to claim as US
state as their territory when that state does not want them pitiful.

How are their sports franchises doing?

Ths CT Sun (Boston does not have a WNBA team) is always doing well. The
Yankees (you already know), Mets, Rangers, Devils, Nets and Giants are doing
very well. The Knicks...? See, like those NE states who see Boston teams
as theirs, we in the Tri-state have the NYC teams as ours. Why do you think
the Sun keep playing the Liberty so much, even in exhibitions?

> Sports aside...what do they have to be proud of?

Wealth, Yale, presidents, respect, PT Barnum, celebrities who live
here(unlike MA, except for those who are from there), MOVIES get made here,
when people get enough money they move here to show that they are at the
highest level, the list goes on. See, we don't have a nationaly famous city
because we don't have one with sports teams, but we are in the New York
Metro region so those are our teams. It is similar to you people in New
England. Those state around Boston go for those teams. Repsect us. If you
people even come dow here into the Bronx to see your team battle ours, look
at the ads dude. You will see "Tri-state" this and that. You may even see
NY/NJ/CT ads. Listen to the NYC stations when you get into this region.
They always say the same thing. Stop being jealous.

Oh yeah...it's a
> relatively short ride to NY. Whoopdee-freaking-doo!

When it is America's premier city, it is a BIG deal! People from all over
the world come to see NYC and people from all over the country come to live.
Even people from large cities like Chicago and LA feel the need to move to
NYC. You don't see that happening with Boston, unless they are athletes.

Ken

Aug 11, 2007, 8:33:40 PM8/11/07
"Connecticut's For Fucking"

by Jesus H Christ and the 4 Hornsmen of the Apocalypse

We live in the dullest state
Package stores all close at eight
Malls are full of optometrists
And restaurants we hate
Swimming across Lake Quassapaug
Stealing makeup, catching frogs
Cutting our feet on broken bottles
As we wade in the Shepaug
It's true for humans, cows and dogs

Connecticut's for fucking
That's all there is to do.
I love to listen to classic rock
and have sex with you.

Doing hole shots at the mall
Writing Ozzy on a wall
Watch the corn get tall
There's nothing else to do at all.

Goin' where we always go
Doin' what we always do
Waitin' to turn into the people
We are bound to turn into.
What else do other people do?

Connecticut's for fucking
It's the Nutmeg state
If we can't afford to buy antiques
then we just copulate

Connecticut's for fucking
And Massachusetts too
I want to climb up the sleepy giant
and have sex with you.

Up in Fairfield
In Old Lyme
We're just fucking all the time.
Out in Derby
Down in Kent
We're all busy getting bent
In the Constitution State.

Connecticut's for fucking
While we're waiting to
Turn into the people
everyone here turns into.

Connecticut's for fucking.
There's nothing else to do.
I wanna listen to classic rock and have sex with you.

We all love to fuck in Connecticut.
We're all getting fucked in Connecticut.
Let's fuck!

--
http://www.zod2008.com/

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying
a cross."
- Sinclair Lewis

Fred Burton

Aug 11, 2007, 9:43:52 PM8/11/07

> "Fred Burton" <fbu...@biteme.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Oh yes. It is such an unrelenting arrogance from Boston/New England.
>>> We have no chains in out minds and in geography, but we need to break
>>> them with you people. The Yankees/Mets is where it's at for us - never
>>> Boston.
>>>
>>> Like I wrote, I ride through Boston with Yankees/Mets gear on!
>>>

>> CT is a part of New England. Deal with it.
>
> Below you say that NYC people are arrogant? YOU are trying to tell me, a
> CT native who WE are or SHOULD be. THAT's arrogant. I am telling you
> that you New Englanders are different from us. You are New England and we
> are in the NYC area. You people even sound alike and nothing like us. We
> speak a language called English here.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you do. I lived outside of NYC for a few years of
my
life, and if you think New Yorkers speak "English", then you seriously need
to go
back to 1st grade and learn the language all over again.

Wow.... Exhibits A, B, C, and D of why New Yorkers and wannabe New Yorkers
are the most arrogant pricks in the entire country.

And for the record, I don't live in Boston. Never have and never hope to.

mr. gone

Aug 12, 2007, 7:18:17 PM8/12/07

so what? there are plenty of yankee fans there too. i lived there for
crying out loud - i should know.

> They looked at me like I was an alien AND I
> saw them looking at my Yankees plate with CT tags.

i think it was more likely the fact that you're an arrogant weirdo.

> Don't tell me they are
> not about Boston. It is the only city in New England that is major and with
> sports teams.

again, so what? proves nothing.

> That Boston propagand cable station NECN backs up the Boston
> is New England thing all of the time.

jeez, maybe because they're *based* in boston? i suppose all the nyc
stations broadcast only boston sports too, right?

> It claims to be about NE, but all I
> see is Boston and MA 99% of the time.

again, they're *based* in boston. those nyc channels showing much
connecticut stuff, bozo?

> I only watch to see the arrogance as
> they keep trying to force us into their region even if we don't want it.

if you don't like it, *move*. you live in new england - get over it.

> The have the NEVER to report New Haven and Bridgeport weather like we watch
> them for our weather.

why should they? they're in *boston*. nyc channels show bridgeport
weather?

> YOUR weather is not like ours.

no, it isn't. i live in virginia. your point?

> OURS is like the rest
> of our Tri-state area.

why don't you chart that out for us, then?

> This is yet another reason that we are not in your
> area. History is history. It is gone. New England was a title in European
> colonial times, but now only survives as a means of Boston to attempt to get
> a "New England metro" area. Sorry, but CT is already in the NYC area.

sorry, but you still live in new england. if you don't like it, move.
please. do us all a favor. nobody in new england likes you being there
either. we say that you live there with a great deal of sadness.

Running Scissors

Aug 12, 2007, 8:28:20 PM8/12/07
This is a dumb thread. If it wasn't for Boston, we'd all be speaking
English and drinking tea.

Guest

Aug 13, 2007, 12:41:34 AM8/13/07

>> Yes they do! WHen I was coming back from Canada, I stopped in Vermont to
>> get gas. I have my Yankees plate on my car and people walking around
>> there
>> had on Red Sox(Boston) gear.
>
> so what? there are plenty of yankee fans there too. i lived there for
> crying out loud - i should know.

Mmmmm... Sounds like what I say about living here in CT and CT being the
NYC area and not knowing anything about this New Engand. I guess it works
for you, but it is dismissed for me. Have you ever lived in CT?

>> They looked at me like I was an alien AND I
>> saw them looking at my Yankees plate with CT tags.
>
> i think it was more likely the fact that you're an arrogant weirdo.

Translation: He's right and I cannot refute it!

>> Don't tell me they are
>> not about Boston. It is the only city in New England that is major and
>> with
>> sports teams.
>
> again, so what? proves nothing.

It proved that they are for Boston. Jeez. I am starting to think that you
are retarded.

>> That Boston propaganda cable station NECN backs up the Boston

>> is New England thing all of the time.
>
> jeez, maybe because they're *based* in boston? i suppose all the nyc
> stations broadcast only boston sports too, right?

Only when they play NY/NJ teams.

>> It claims to be about NE, but all I
>> see is Boston and MA 99% of the time.
>
> again, they're *based* in boston. those nyc channels showing much
> connecticut stuff, bozo?

Yes, they do. Not as much as NJ (NJ does not have their own stations,
except for 12 and NJ news on channel 13), but we get a decent amount of
love. I think we should get more, but this state has it's own stations
also, even if they are mainly up in the Hartford area.

>> I only watch to see the arrogance as
>> they keep trying to force us into their region even if we don't want it.
>
> if you don't like it, *move*. you live in new england - get over it.

I don't have to move because I am in the NYC area. For your info, that NECN
is the ONLY Boston or New England station that we have! Everything ese is
CT, NY and NJ. So there!

>> The have the NEVER(sorry NERVE!) to report New Haven and Bridgeport

>> weather like we watch
>> them for our weather.
>
> why should they? they're in *boston*. nyc channels show bridgeport
> weather?

100% of the time. NY/NJ/CT weather is the same 99% of the time. CT and New
England weather is different 98% of the time. Northern and eastern CT
weather si different from ours as well. Here
(http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/index?section=weather&id=4122771#weatherPanels)
and
here(http://www.myfoxny.com/myfox/pages/Weather;jsessionid=6688B9A8C6C2A574220C99885263964F?pageId=9.1)
to hopefully covince you of your ignorance. Stop making a fool of yourself
and accept reality buddy.

>> YOUR weather is not like ours.
>
> no, it isn't. i live in virginia. your point?

So why are you trying to tell me who we are in CT? We are you so emotional
about this?

>> OURS is like the rest
>> of our Tri-state area.
>
> why don't you chart that out for us, then?

You saw the links above.

>> This is yet another reason that we are not in your
>> area. History is history. It is gone. New England was a title in
>> European
>> colonial times, but now only survives as a means of Boston to attempt to
>> get
>> a "New England metro" area. Sorry, but CT is already in the NYC area.
>>
> sorry, but you still live in new england.

I live in CT, which is in the Tri-state area region of NYC( maybe the
norhtern and eastern part may be New England), which is in the United States
of America. There is no New England on any map.

if you don't like it, move.

I don't like it but I don't have to move since I am in the NYC region. I
just went there again today. When we corss the border, it just does not
seem like we crossed the border.

> please. do us all a favor. nobody in new england likes you being there
> either.

The last time I was there was about two or three weeks ago when I went to
Boston. Maybe I will try and get up there again and rep NYC/Tri-state even
harder next time. I saw that NJ was in the house up there also. One drive
from CT(mainly my part, the 203) and you will see the distance. It is too
far to even consider it being in my area.

we say that you live there with a great deal of sadness.

If you are in VA, why do you care? How is a dude from VA going to tell a
man from the CT part of the NYC area where he is living and how we are
viewed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-state_Area,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_metropolitan_area.
This(http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/13/nyregion/13lottery.html?_r=1&oref=slogin)
is from the NY Times, the most respect paper in the world. Could they be
wrong too?

Guest

Aug 13, 2007, 12:43:03 AM8/13/07
"Running Scissors" <run...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> This is a dumb thread. If it wasn't for Boston, we'd all be speaking
> English and drinking tea.

Well, we ARE speaking English and drinking tea! The irony of it all is, the
US fights to maintain British culture and power in the world. They even
fight their battles for them! Talk about a revolution!

mr. gone

Aug 13, 2007, 7:26:46 AM8/13/07
On Aug 13, 12:41 am, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
> "mr. gone" <mr_gon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> If you are in VA, why do you care? How is a dude from VA going to tell a
> man from the CT part of the NYC area where he is living and how we are
> viewed?

because i'm *from* new england, and i can read read a map and an
encyclopedia which tell me you *live* in new england. sorry. you can
pull this "tri-state region" crap all you want, but show me where
living in one region precludes being counted as part of another. any
reference will be fine. otherwise, you *live* in new england, and
always will as long as you live in connecticut. and it's truly
unfortunate you disgrace this fine region with your presence. please,
move.

Running Scissors

Aug 13, 2007, 10:01:13 AM8/13/07
Guest wrote:
> "Running Scissors" <run...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> This is a dumb thread. If it wasn't for Boston, we'd all be speaking
>> English and drinking tea.
>>

> Well, we ARE speaking English and drinking tea!

WHOOSH!

Running Scissors

Aug 13, 2007, 10:02:37 AM8/13/07
mr. gone wrote:

What is the beef here?

The terms 'New England' and 'Tri State' are apples and oranges. CT
can be both, which it is.

mr. gone

Aug 13, 2007, 1:56:09 PM8/13/07
> can be both, which it is.- Hide quoted text -

i'm not saying he can't be in two regions. *he* is.

Guest

Aug 13, 2007, 2:18:09 PM8/13/07
"Fred Burton" <fbu...@biteme.com> wrote in message

Actually I was speaking of CT...

Guest

Aug 13, 2007, 2:33:20 PM8/13/07

> On Aug 13, 12:41 am, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
>> "mr. gone" <mr_gon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

>> If you are in VA, why do you care? How is a dude from VA going to tell a
>> man from the CT part of the NYC area where he is living and how we are
>> viewed?
>>

> because i'm *from* new england, and i can read read a map and an
> encyclopedia which tell me you *live* in new england.

Oh? Where is a map of the US that has New England written on it? Not a NE
centered regional map or so local maps, but a general map of the US.

sorry. you can
> pull this "tri-state region" crap

It is only crap to you faggot New England fudnamentalists. You people are
just mad because we are not a part of your area and we do not think as you
do. Respect people and state's differences.

all you want, but show me where
> living in one region precludes being counted as part of another.

New England is a historical region ONLY because it is land they took because
the rest of the northeast was occupied by the Dutch! CT was Dutch you know,
so even then, NE does not count. NE only shows that the British seized the
land and declared it New England. Once that was set, they moved into nearby
land and it was called New YORK and another called New JERSEY - all after
England! The difference is, NY and NJ are states while NE is not. It was
once or at various times one whole or a confederacy, but it no longer holds
any meaning. At least it should not after the alleged revolution.

I understand how Boston feels the need to be the de facto capital/leader of
this NE since they were the first along with MA, but that is for up in that
area, not CT. When you guys speak, we need you to repeat yourselves in
order to get it right.

any
> reference will be fine.

I already gave you plenty to show that we are in the Tri-state area. Who
gives a fuck about New England? You people live there so be happy.

otherwise, you *live* in new england,

My license says CT. My country is the USA. I have never heard of this
state or country named NE. I cannot ever recall paying a NE tax or getting
one of your TV, radio, newspapers, commuter rails or even seeing signs that
point to a NE or even one of those states! In the 203 part of CT, our signs
point to "NY City" and other CT towns only. Once you get into the part of
the state that is ok with that NE name (like 'up north' in the Hartford
areas), then you do no see signs(many anyway) that point towards NYC, but
you see many that point toward Boston and other MA towns. Again, respect my
area!

and
> always will as long as you live in connecticut.

CT is it's own state with nothing coming from Boston. We are richer than
you, so how do you think you can control us? You New Englanders keep to
yourselves and your own little isolated sub-country of the US.

and it's truly
> unfortunate you disgrace this fine region with your presence. please,
> move.

Ha! I have written before, I had gone up to that region about two weeks
ago. It was not bad, but I missed the JFK Library. Also, you moved right?

mr. gone

Aug 13, 2007, 2:40:20 PM8/13/07
On Aug 13, 2:33 pm, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
> "mr. gone" <mr_gon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 13, 12:41 am, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
> >> "mr. gone" <mr_gon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> >> If you are in VA, why do you care? How is a dude from VA going to tell a
> >> man from the CT part of the NYC area where he is living and how we are
> >> viewed?
>
> > because i'm *from* new england, and i can read read a map and an
> > encyclopedia which tell me you *live* in new england.
>
> Oh? Where is a map of the US that has New England written on it? Not a NE
> centered regional map or so local maps, but a general map of the US.

find me any reference that says that connecticut is *not* in new
england first, since you're asserting it.

> sorry. you can
>
> > pull this "tri-state region" crap
>
> It is only crap to you faggot New England fudnamentalists. You people are
> just mad because we are not a part of your area and we do not think as you
> do. Respect people and state's differences.
>
> all you want, but show me where
>
> > living in one region precludes being counted as part of another.
>
> New England is a historical region ONLY because it is land they took because
> the rest of the northeast was occupied by the Dutch! CT was Dutch you know,
> so even then, NE does not count. NE only shows that the British seized the
> land and declared it New England. Once that was set, they moved into nearby
> land and it was called New YORK and another called New JERSEY - all after
> England! The difference is, NY and NJ are states while NE is not. It was
> once or at various times one whole or a confederacy, but it no longer holds
> any meaning. At least it should not after the alleged revolution.
>
> I understand how Boston feels the need to be the de facto capital/leader of
> this NE since they were the first along with MA, but that is for up in that
> area, not CT. When you guys speak, we need you to repeat yourselves in
> order to get it right.

you still live in new england.

> any

> > reference will be fine.
>
> I already gave you plenty to show that we are in the Tri-state area. Who
> gives a fuck about New England? You people live there so be happy.

which says NOTHING about whether you can or cannot also live in
another region. *that* is what i asked for - proof that living in the
'tri-state region' precludes being in another region. can't find it,
can you?

> otherwise, you *live* in new england,
>
> My license says CT. My country is the USA. I have never heard of this
> state or country named NE. I cannot ever recall paying a NE tax or getting
> one of your TV, radio, newspapers, commuter rails or even seeing signs that
> point to a NE or even one of those states! In the 203 part of CT, our signs
> point to "NY City" and other CT towns only. Once you get into the part of
> the state that is ok with that NE name (like 'up north' in the Hartford
> areas), then you do no see signs(many anyway) that point towards NYC, but
> you see many that point toward Boston and other MA towns. Again, respect my
> area!

you show none for mine.

> and
>
> > always will as long as you live in connecticut.
>
> CT is it's own state with nothing coming from Boston.

who's saying it isn't? another strawman. but it's still in new england
- whether you like it or not.

> We are richer than
> you, so how do you think you can control us? You New Englanders keep to
> yourselves and your own little isolated sub-country of the US.
>
> and it's truly
>
> > unfortunate you disgrace this fine region with your presence. please,
> > move.
>
> Ha! I have written before, I had gone up to that region about two weeks
> ago. It was not bad, but I missed the JFK Library. Also, you moved right?

and am trying to get back - in spite of you.

Guest

Aug 13, 2007, 2:51:21 PM8/13/07
"Running Scissors" <run...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

That makes sense, but these New England fundamentalists want our whole
state. They have the north and east (in general), but leave the south and
west alone and accept our NYC styles and allegiances. I guess CT is similar
to NJ. It is stuck between NYC and Philly. In a sense, NYC almost wants to
claim most of NJ and leave Philly with so much of it. When people mention
NJ, many automatically mention NYC also. There are people in southern NJ
who do not like this and are fully down with Philly. Even NYC media treads
on Philly's NJ reporting areas a lot.

CT is the same. You have lame New England and it's far away city of Boston
who keeps trying to create the idea of a common culture and region that
includes CT all the way to Greenwich. You have CT (southern and western. I
would say diagonally from Litchfield to New Haven or maybe a few towns past
East Haven) who feel that they relate to NYC, ARE part of the metro region
of that city, are on the METRO-North line to get in and out of that city,
get their TV, radio, papers and ferries. Then you have the northern and
eastern (in general, but many feel that they are with NYC also up there!)
parts of the state who are more New England(as in Boston sports) oriented.
The foolishness of that is that unlike CT as mentioned above, none of CT is
in a Boston metro area and it does not get all of the above to back up being
in that area. This is why the people of the north are fools. Beings fans
of sports teams of a city that they are no where near. On the other hand,
we are not only near NYC but we are a PART of the METRO region of that city!
THAT is the key thing that you New Englanders fail to realize.

So the pass-through (yes I said it) and sub-urban states of CT and NJ are
torn between two regions each. Both are in the NYC region, and other parts
of the states are claimed by Philly and New England/Boston. Now unlike NJ
and Philly, the non-NYC part of CT DOES NOT border or is close enough to
Boston to be in the metro area and have a legit argument for claiming CT.
If Boston were closer to CT, then even a person like me would not anything
to say about New England/Boston. I guess I don't like the assumptions made
when you say CT and NE.

The assumptions are, people ASSUme that we are down with Boston, hail it as
a de facto capital and love their sports teams as if it were ours. People
may also assume that when Boston says they hate NYC, the same goes for us.
New England assumes that were can go any where in those states like is a
short ride! It also assumes that we feel like you people feel - NE is a
separate place from NYS and the USA! It assumes that we have things in
common. It assumes that out weather, culture, interests and heritage is the
same when is is absolutely not!

Running Scissors

Aug 13, 2007, 4:24:20 PM8/13/07
Guest wrote:
> "Running Scissors" <run...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>> mr. gone wrote:

>>> because i'm *from* new england, and i can read read a map and an
>>> encyclopedia which tell me you *live* in new england. sorry. you can
>>> pull this "tri-state region" crap all you want, but show me where
>>> living in one region precludes being counted as part of another. any
>>> reference will be fine. otherwise, you *live* in new england, and
>>> always will as long as you live in connecticut. and it's truly
>>> unfortunate you disgrace this fine region with your presence. please,
>>> move.
>>>

>> What is the beef here?
>>
>> The terms 'New England' and 'Tri State' are apples and oranges. CT
>> can be both, which it is.
>>

> That makes sense, but these New England fundamentalists want our whole
> state.

Um, for what?

abe slaney

Aug 13, 2007, 8:19:15 PM8/13/07

"Guest":

You're a funny guy. You don't mean to be, but you are.
I'd just like to know: are you over or under 18 years old?
"Need the info" as Dr. Evil says.

Ken

Aug 14, 2007, 12:00:00 AM8/14/07
This has got to be the most retarded argument in Usenet history. And that's
saying something.

Guest

Aug 14, 2007, 2:09:21 AM8/14/07
"Running Scissors" <run...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I suppose to keep this New England thing alive and for Boston to appear to
have a larger market and larger influence to the rest of the nation.

Guest

Aug 14, 2007, 2:23:58 AM8/14/07

> On Aug 13, 2:33 pm, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
>> "mr. gone" <mr_gon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> > because i'm *from* new england, and i can read read a map and an
>> > encyclopedia which tell me you *live* in new england.
>>
>> Oh? Where is a map of the US that has New England written on it? Not a
>> NE
>> centered regional map or so local maps, but a general map of the US.
>>
> find me any reference that says that connecticut is *not* in new
> england first, since you're asserting it.

Well I have shown you plenty that shoe us as being in the NYC area and NOT
New England, so that is it.

How about YOU showing me how I live in New England if I live in CT? Who is
the governor of New England? Where is the New England plate at? You do not
see it because it does not exist. Only to Boston and it's nearby states.

>> any
>>
>> > reference will be fine.
>>
>> I already gave you plenty to show that we are in the Tri-state area. Who
>> gives a fuck about New England? You people live there so be happy.
>>
> which says NOTHING about whether you can or cannot also live in
> another region. *that* is what i asked for - proof that living in the
> 'tri-state region' precludes being in another region. can't find it,
> can you?

We do live in another region - it's called the Northeastern United States.
Being in the northeast and in the US is all that CT has in common with those
New England states.

>> otherwise, you *live* in new england,

I just found it and it's not NE.

>> My license says CT. My country is the USA. I have never heard of this
>> state or country named NE. I cannot ever recall paying a NE tax or
>> getting
>> one of your TV, radio, newspapers, commuter rails or even seeing signs
>> that
>> point to a NE or even one of those states! In the 203 part of CT, our
>> signs
>> point to "NY City" and other CT towns only. Once you get into the part
>> of
>> the state that is ok with that NE name (like 'up north' in the Hartford
>> areas), then you do no see signs(many anyway) that point towards NYC, but
>> you see many that point toward Boston and other MA towns. Again, respect
>> my
>> area!
>>

> you show none for mine.

I do. I started this thread saying that I thought that the New England
capital of Boston was not too bad of a town. I wrote that Providence has
good gas prices. I showed respect my man. You are your NE arrogance
refuse, despite tons of proof EVEN form the world famous and throughly
respected NY Times, but you still refuse to accept what is.

I have also noticed a lot more MA, RI and NH plates down here in the 203
where they used to be very rare. I would not doubt if you guys put out an
order to come to CT to "New Englandize" us. I know that would sound crazy,
but with a channel like NECN, it shows the reality and pathology of you
people.

>> and
>>
>> > always will as long as you live in connecticut.
>>
>> CT is it's own state with nothing coming from Boston.
>
> who's saying it isn't? another strawman. but it's still in new england
> - whether you like it or not.

I don't like it and it is not. You NE clowns can keep building BS
businesses with the words "NEW ENGLAND" so larger that you cannot see a
business name, let alone know what they do, and you can keep putting you
propaganda on our cables systems via paid advertising on cable, but it does
not change where we are and who we are.

>> We are richer than
>> you, so how do you think you can control us? You New Englanders keep to
>> yourselves and your own little isolated sub-country of the US.
>>
>> and it's truly
>>
>> > unfortunate you disgrace this fine region with your presence. please,
>> > move.
>>
>> Ha! I have written before, I had gone up to that region about two weeks
>> ago. It was not bad, but I missed the JFK Library. Also, you moved
>> right?
>
> and am trying to get back - in spite of you.

You can go back to New England, you won't be with me, you will only pass our
NYC area on your way up there.

mr. gone

Aug 14, 2007, 8:09:20 AM8/14/07
On Aug 14, 2:23 am, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
> "mr. gone" <mr_gon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 13, 2:33 pm, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
> >> "mr. gone" <mr_gon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> Oh? Where is a map of the US that has New England written on it? Not a
> >> NE
> >> centered regional map or so local maps, but a general map of the US.
>
> > find me any reference that says that connecticut is *not* in new
> > england first, since you're asserting it.
>
> Well I have shown you plenty that shoe us as being in the NYC area and NOT
> New England, so that is it.

no, it isn't. you haven't shown it *isn't* in new england. until you
do that, your assertions are meaningless.
i did. wikipedia.

> >> any

> >> I already gave you plenty to show that we are in the Tri-state area. Who
> >> gives a fuck about New England? You people live there so be happy.
>
> > which says NOTHING about whether you can or cannot also live in
> > another region. *that* is what i asked for - proof that living in the
> > 'tri-state region' precludes being in another region. can't find it,
> > can you?
>
> We do live in another region - it's called the Northeastern United States.
> Being in the northeast and in the US is all that CT has in common with those
> New England states.

and connecticut is in new england.

> >> otherwise, you *live* in new england,
>
> I just found it and it's not NE.

yes, it is. no matter how much you wish it wasn't.

> >> My license says CT. My country is the USA. I have never heard of this
> >> state or country named NE. I cannot ever recall paying a NE tax or
> >> getting
> >> one of your TV, radio, newspapers, commuter rails or even seeing signs
> >> that
> >> point to a NE or even one of those states! In the 203 part of CT, our
> >> signs
> >> point to "NY City" and other CT towns only. Once you get into the part
> >> of
> >> the state that is ok with that NE name (like 'up north' in the Hartford
> >> areas), then you do no see signs(many anyway) that point towards NYC, but
> >> you see many that point toward Boston and other MA towns. Again, respect
> >> my
> >> area!
>
> > you show none for mine.
>
> I do. I started this thread saying that I thought that the New England
> capital of Boston was not too bad of a town. I wrote that Providence has
> good gas prices. I showed respect my man. You are your NE arrogance
> refuse, despite tons of proof EVEN form the world famous and throughly
> respected NY Times, but you still refuse to accept what is.

this is hysterical, coming from a troll on the red sox ng.

> I have also noticed a lot more MA, RI and NH plates down here in the 203
> where they used to be very rare. I would not doubt if you guys put out an
> order to come to CT to "New Englandize" us. I know that would sound crazy,
> but with a channel like NECN, it shows the reality and pathology of you
> people.

probably because they discovered what a dump connecticut truly is.

> >> and

> >> CT is it's own state with nothing coming from Boston.
>
> > who's saying it isn't? another strawman. but it's still in new england
> > - whether you like it or not.
>
> I don't like it and it is not. You NE clowns can keep building BS
> businesses with the words "NEW ENGLAND" so larger that you cannot see a
> business name, let alone know what they do, and you can keep putting you
> propaganda on our cables systems via paid advertising on cable, but it does
> not change where we are and who we are.

yes, it is. it must burn you up to know that.

> >> We are richer than
> >> you, so how do you think you can control us? You New Englanders keep to
> >> yourselves and your own little isolated sub-country of the US.
>
> >> and it's truly

> >> Ha! I have written before, I had gone up to that region about two weeks
> >> ago. It was not bad, but I missed the JFK Library. Also, you moved
> >> right?
>
> > and am trying to get back - in spite of you.
>
> You can go back to New England, you won't be with me, you will only pass our
> NYC area on your way up there.

sorry - both of us will be in new england then.

Running Scissors

Aug 14, 2007, 9:03:50 AM8/14/07
Guest wrote:

:::rolling eyes:::

Fred Burton

Aug 14, 2007, 10:11:49 AM8/14/07

"Running Scissors" <run...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Yeah, no kidding, Scissors.

What a conceited bastard.

As I said before, I've never lived in Boston and don't really give a flying
about whether Boston has a larger market and I certainly do NOT want
it to have a "larger influence" on the rest of the nation.

I just want this ignorant bastard to realize that no matter how hard he
argues to the contrary, CT is a part of New England. Guest sounds
like someone from Virginia or Tennessee trying to argue that their
state isn't a part of "The South".

Guest

Aug 14, 2007, 12:04:06 PM8/14/07

> Yeah, no kidding, Scissors.
>
> What a conceited bastard.

*rolls my eyes*

> As I said before, I've never lived in Boston and don't really give a
> flying F
> about whether Boston has a larger market and I certainly do NOT want
> it to have a "larger influence" on the rest of the nation.

Then why the defense of Boston/New England? Why not accept CT as not being
a part of your area, which we are not?

> I just want this ignorant bastard to realize that no matter how hard he
> argues to the contrary,

I really did not have to argue hard, my point was well made. I see that you
clowns still refused to comment on the NY Times Tri-state region. They do
have a CT section you know. So please, until you can find a source more
trustworthy than the Times, don't even try to argue against me.

CT is a part of New England.

What is this - New Engand? CT is a state in the USA. That is it - period.
CT is near NYC and is in it's metro region. These are PROVEN facts. This
NE thing only exists from a historical point of view and from the view of
Boston and it's lackey states closer to that city.

For us in CT, Boston is small time. The nerver of a small time city trying
to put us in their area. We are in the NYC area which is big time, like or
wealth.

Guest sounds
> like someone from Virginia or Tennessee trying to argue that their
> state isn't a part of "The South".

Hell, VA is the furthest south I have been and when I tell people that they
say that VA is not the south or that it is not the 'real' south.' So you
could say, as NE Patriots owner Robert Kraft said: "CT is not the REAL New
England." I agree with him. That line alone goes to show that he knows
that CT is with NYC and not NE. I was making a point, so let's no rehash
the Hartford/Patriots thing.

Your argument is also like Sudan being a middle-eastern country by arabs,
but being an African country by others who do not know that it is in the
Arab League. However, it is both an African country and an Arabic one.

Respect our NY/NJ/CT region please stop your NE propaganda to our state. Do
you need us 'that' badly?

Fred Burton

Aug 14, 2007, 12:27:32 PM8/14/07

> "Fred Burton" <fbu...@biteme.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Yeah, no kidding, Scissors.
>>
>> What a conceited bastard.
>
> *rolls my eyes*
>

>> As I said before, I've never lived in Boston and don't really give a
>> flying F
>> about whether Boston has a larger market and I certainly do NOT want
>> it to have a "larger influence" on the rest of the nation.
>
> Then why the defense of Boston/New England? Why not accept CT as not
> being a part of your area, which we are not?

Because "New England" is a historical region of the United States and some
NYC
loving moron is not going to change change that fact.

>> I just want this ignorant bastard to realize that no matter how hard he
>> argues to the contrary,
>
> I really did not have to argue hard, my point was well made. I see that
> you clowns still refused to comment on the NY Times Tri-state region.
> They do have a CT section you know. So please, until you can find a
> source more trustworthy than the Times, don't even try to argue against
> me.

No, your point is NOT well made, and it's you who is the "clown".

And for the record, *I* do not find the Times to be a trustworthy source
of anything except fish-wrapping paper.

> CT is a part of New England.
>
> What is this - New Engand? CT is a state in the USA. That is it -
> period. CT is near NYC and is in it's metro region. These are PROVEN
> facts. This NE thing only exists from a historical point of view and from
> the view of Boston and it's lackey states closer to that city.

You sound like some petulant child who refuses to eat his veggies. Part
of CT can be a part of the NYC metro area at the same time as CT is
(and it *IS*, not matter how much you stamp your feet and complain
about it) a part of New England.

"What is New England?"

Stop being a moron. You know DAMNED WELL what New England is.

> For us in CT, Boston is small time. The nerver of a small time city
> trying to put us in their area. We are in the NYC area which is big time,
> like or wealth.
>
> Guest sounds
>> like someone from Virginia or Tennessee trying to argue that their
>> state isn't a part of "The South".
>
> Hell, VA is the furthest south I have been and when I tell people that
> they say that VA is not the south or that it is not the 'real' south.' So
> you could say, as NE Patriots owner Robert Kraft said: "CT is not the REAL
> New England." I agree with him. That line alone goes to show that he
> knows that CT is with NYC and not NE. I was making a point, so let's no
> rehash the Hartford/Patriots thing.

Virginians can say it til they're blue in the face, and they'd still be
wrong.

Just like you.

> Your argument is also like Sudan being a middle-eastern country by arabs,
> but being an African country by others who do not know that it is in the
> Arab League. However, it is both an African country and an Arabic one.
>
> Respect our NY/NJ/CT region please stop your NE propaganda to our state.
> Do you need us 'that' badly?

Go to hell.

Dano

Aug 14, 2007, 12:43:15 PM8/14/07

> "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote in message

> "What is New England?"
>
> Stop being a moron. You know DAMNED WELL what New England is.
>

>> For us in CT, Boston is small time. The nerver of a small time city
>> trying to put us in their area. We are in the NYC area which is big
>> time, like or wealth.
>>
>> Guest sounds
>>> like someone from Virginia or Tennessee trying to argue that their
>>> state isn't a part of "The South".
>>
>> Hell, VA is the furthest south I have been and when I tell people that
>> they say that VA is not the south or that it is not the 'real' south.'
>> So you could say, as NE Patriots owner Robert Kraft said: "CT is not the
>> REAL New England." I agree with him. That line alone goes to show that
>> he knows that CT is with NYC and not NE. I was making a point, so let's
>> no rehash the Hartford/Patriots thing.
>
> Virginians can say it til they're blue in the face, and they'd still be
> wrong.
>
> Just like you.
>

>> Your argument is also like Sudan being a middle-eastern country by arabs,
>> but being an African country by others who do not know that it is in the
>> Arab League. However, it is both an African country and an Arabic one.
>>
>> Respect our NY/NJ/CT region please stop your NE propaganda to our state.
>> Do you need us 'that' badly?
>
> Go to hell.

Damn. Can you let this stupid thread die already? This guy is a turd and
an obvious worthless troll. Plonk him already.

Fred Burton

Aug 14, 2007, 12:52:31 PM8/14/07

"Dano" <janea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I probably should, but I truly dislike plonking people.

Guest

Aug 14, 2007, 1:24:29 PM8/14/07
"Fred Burton" <fbu...@biteme.com> wrote in message

>>> As I said before, I've never lived in Boston and don't really give a
>>> flying F
>>> about whether Boston has a larger market and I certainly do NOT want
>>> it to have a "larger influence" on the rest of the nation.
>>
>> Then why the defense of Boston/New England? Why not accept CT as not
>> being a part of your area, which we are not?
>
> Because "New England" is a historical region of the United States

"History" being the key! It WAS something to speak of, now it is
meaningless here in CT. It only means something to Boston in order to
appear to have a larger market like NYC has CT and NJ. Like CHicago has
Indiana and Wisconsin. Like Philly has south Jersey, DE, MD and sometimes
DC. Boston wants something similar. New England is the key to getting it
along with the self-serving NECN channel whichs has nothing to do with us.

We are not in the Boston area and never will be. The only way that you
people try to claim us if through this New England BS. I will tell you,
there is NO NE mindset down here. Ask anyone (native) who, what or where
New England is and they will all point to some place other than CT. This is
fact. Like it or not, it is the way it is. Your assertions of calling us
New England(which is to assume that we are like you), forcing this NECN on
our cable systems, probably paying people to come down here, assuming that
we are with you, it will never change the fact that you are in a different
geographical region than we are. Most of NE centers around Boston or is
closer to that part of MA, but we are no where near there and we could care
less. We don't like your teams. We don't like the Kennedy's. We don't
like green. We cannot understand you when you speak, which goes to show
that we are nothing alike. Our weather is not the same. Most importantly,
WE (the people of CT, 203) do not feel or view ourselves as New Englanders
or from such a perspective. No matter what, you cannot change that FACT.
You can keep moving down here, but all you will do is join us as opposed to
your master plan in trying to "New Englandlize" us.

and some
> NYC
> loving moron is not going to change change that fact.

Shit, the whole nations loves NYC. Even Boston loves NYC. This is why you
hype up the so-caled rivalry with the Yanks. You want that NYC connection
and fame. In doing so, you try to speak for CT and make it appear as if we
are with you when we are with NYC.

>>> I just want this ignorant bastard to realize that no matter how hard he
>>> argues to the contrary,

How can a man who is teaching, be ignorant? The only ignorant people are
those who refuse to accept that CT is not the same as New England. That is
your concept. Unlike you, we do not hail Boston as some Mecca since it is
so small. You are ignorant for assuming that we are with you. Only
European colonial history has us with you. Even then, the 203 part of CT
was always with NY as a great deal of Long Island was once New Haven's.

>> I really did not have to argue hard, my point was well made. I see that
>> you clowns still refused to comment on the NY Times Tri-state region.
>> They do have a CT section you know. So please, until you can find a
>> source more trustworthy than the Times, don't even try to argue against
>> me.
>
> No, your point is NOT well made, and it's you who is the "clown".
>
> And for the record, *I* do not find the Times to be a trustworthy source
> of anything except fish-wrapping paper.

Wel you are one in 5. I guess you take the Boston Globe as a more reliabl
source? I have never read that paper as we are not in that area. We get
NYC papers my friend. They did try to telemarket me once and I told them
that we are not in Boston, we are in the NYC area, so why are you calling
us? I told them that they need to peddle their paper in their market and
stay out of ours. I find odd that you people keep trying to force
yourselves on us. Try forcing yourselves on New York State, east of the
Hudson. You may have better luck since a lot of places there seem to think
of themselves as New England. Now THAT is fact. So leave us alone and go
have them join your US seperatist movement. We are Americans, not New
ENGLANDers.

>> CT is a part of New England.
>>
>> What is this - New Engand? CT is a state in the USA. That is it -
>> period. CT is near NYC and is in it's metro region. These are PROVEN
>> facts. This NE thing only exists from a historical point of view and
>> from the view of Boston and it's lackey states closer to that city.
>
> You sound like some petulant child who refuses to eat his veggies. Part
> of CT can be a part of the NYC metro area at the same time as CT is

Ok. To shut you up. My part of CT (western and southern) is the NYC area,
and the rest of the state you can have as it is the corniest part anyway.
When I say CT, I am really speaking for my part of the state, not the whole.
They can speak for themselves.

> (and it *IS*, not matter how much you stamp your feet and complain
> about it) a part of New England.

Up In Hartford and east is New England. Are you happy? You have just
captured land!

> "What is New England?"
>
> Stop being a moron. You know DAMNED WELL what New England is.

Actually I don't. The question is - do you? Do you really know what it is
or do you just know where it's at?

>> For us in CT, Boston is small time. The nerve of a small time city

>> trying to put us in their area. We are in the NYC area which is big
>> time, like or wealth.
>>
>> Guest sounds
>>> like someone from Virginia or Tennessee trying to argue that their
>>> state isn't a part of "The South".

You sound like a guy who likes to avoid respodning to comments or questions
that prove my point and take your further away from yours.

>> Hell, VA is the furthest south I have been and when I tell people that
>> they say that VA is not the south or that it is not the 'real' south.'
>> So you could say, as NE Patriots owner Robert Kraft said: "CT is not the
>> REAL New England." I agree with him. That line alone goes to show that
>> he knows that CT is with NYC and not NE. I was making a point, so let's
>> no rehash the Hartford/Patriots thing.
>
> Virginians can say it til they're blue in the face, and they'd still be
> wrong.

I would say that they can say what they want to and be right. Just becuase
YOU say they are south, it does not mean that it has to be. Although
historicaly, it it has been viewed that way.

> Just like you.
>

>> Your argument is also like Sudan being a middle-eastern country by arabs,
>> but being an African country by others who do not know that it is in the
>> Arab League. However, it is both an African country and an Arabic one.
>>
>> Respect our NY/NJ/CT region please stop your NE propaganda to our state.
>> Do you need us 'that' badly?
>
> Go to hell.

Again, when I make great points that cannot be denied, I get ignorant

Guest

Aug 14, 2007, 1:25:06 PM8/14/07
"Dano" <janea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Why did you respond then jerk off?

ibm...@yahoo.com

Aug 14, 2007, 2:17:57 PM8/14/07
On Aug 7, 11:44 am, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
> ...But the Celtics might be the team to beat in the east. I also would not be shocked if the NBA hooked it up so that the east would have a little more star power and get stronger in the process.

I have to say, this thread is very funny and interesting.
:D

gclark

Aug 14, 2007, 2:40:52 PM8/14/07
Guest wrote:
> "mr. gone" <mr_g...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Aug 13, 12:41 am, "Guest" <lco...@aol.com> wrote:
>>> "mr. gone" <mr_gon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>>> If you are in VA, why do you care? How is a dude from VA going to
>>> tell a
>>> man from the CT part of the NYC area where he is living and how we are
>>> viewed?
>>>

>> because i'm *from* new england, and i can read read a map and an
>> encyclopedia which tell me you *live* in new england.
>
> Oh? Where is a map of the US that has New England written on it? Not a
> NE centered regional map or so local maps, but a general map of the US.

The same place your tri-state map is.
Furthermore, what difference does any of this make?
Now run along your mommy is calling for you.
Bye.

--
Glen

Dano

Aug 14, 2007, 2:42:04 PM8/14/07

"Fred Burton" <fbu...@biteme.com> wrote in message
Whatever...then just stop encouraging him. Cripes...have some mercy on the
rest of us. You are giving just what he craves.

gclark

Aug 14, 2007, 2:43:48 PM8/14/07
Ken wrote:
> This has got to be the most retarded argument in Usenet history. And that's
> saying something.

You are so spot on Ken.

--
Glen

Guest

Aug 14, 2007, 5:17:07 PM8/14/07
"Dano" <janea...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Actually they are not. What I crave is for the words New England and it's
association with the tiny city of Boston to never again be assumed for CT.
Right now, I need to go and watch News 4 New York(channel 4).

Guest

Aug 14, 2007, 5:22:43 PM8/14/07
"gclark" <gcl...@noneya.net> wrote in message

> Guest wrote:
>> "mr. gone" <mr_g...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> because i'm *from* new england, and i can read read a map and an
>>> encyclopedia which tell me you *live* in new england.
>>
>> Oh? Where is a map of the US that has New England written on it? Not a
>> NE centered regional map or so local maps, but a general map of the US.
>>

> The same place your tri-state map is.
> Furthermore, what difference does any of this make?
> Now run along your mommy is calling for you.
> Bye.

The difference is, you people are all into this New England thing, but I am
telling you that it does not exist down here and you act as if it is a real
area or an actual state or something. If you cannot find it on a map, it
does not exist. While you cannot see the words "Tri-state" on a map, you
can see the three states (NY/NJ/CT) meeting in their local region on a map.
THAT is real. The NYC oriented culture is real. The geography and media is
real. There is no New England down here.

Now take this(http://stormvilleairportfleamarket.com/) and read the 2nd
paragraph. They are al in with New England. Why deny them? When you look
at the history of NYS east of the Hudson (when Vermont was New York
especially), it makes sense. See, now you can go and claim parts of NYS!

abe slaney

Aug 15, 2007, 12:28:14 AM8/15/07
ibm...@yahoo.com wrote:

"Funny"; depends on one's mood and tolerance.
"Interesting": um, no - hard to argue for that!

What's "funny" is that I was going to suggest to "Guest" that he and you
should hook up to start an Idiots' Club. You're made for each other.

gclark

Aug 15, 2007, 12:45:49 AM8/15/07
Guest wrote:

> The difference is, you people are all into this New England thing, but I
> am telling you that it does not exist down here and you act as if it is
> a real area or an actual state or something. If you cannot find it on a
> map, it does not exist. While you cannot see the words "Tri-state" on a
> map, you can see the three states (NY/NJ/CT) meeting in their local
> region on a map. THAT is real. The NYC oriented culture is real. The
> geography and media is real. There is no New England down here.
>
> Now take this(http://stormvilleairportfleamarket.com/) and read the 2nd
> paragraph. They are al in with New England. Why deny them? When you
> look at the history of NYS east of the Hudson (when Vermont was New York
> especially), it makes sense. See, now you can go and claim parts of NYS!

Now take this you numb little twit.
Looks like your state government does not agree with you.

The Land

Connecticut is New England’s second smallest and southernmost state. Its
5,009 square miles (13,023 square kilometers) are bordered by New York
State on the west, Rhode Island on the east, Massachusetts on the north
and by Long Island sound on the south.

The southerly flow of the Connecticut River divides the state roughly in
half. The coastal plain and central valley are relatively flat; they
contain most of the larger cities. Other parts of the state are hilly,
with the highest altitudes in the northwest corner. Hills are largely
covered with hardwood forests, and about two-thirds of the state is in
open land.

Despite New England’s reputation for a rugged climate, Connecticut’s
weather is relatively mild. On the average, there are only 12 days a
year when the temperature goes above 90 degrees, and about six days when
it falls to zero or below. The growing season is fairly long, with the
first killing frost generally in mid-October and the last in mid-April.
This, together with moderate rainfall, provides good growing conditions.
Despite Connecticut’s small size, there is some variety in climate, with
temperatures in the northern hills as much as 10 degrees lower than
those in the central valley year-round.

This is from the official state of CT web site.

http://www.ct.gov/ctportal/cwp/view.asp?a=843&q=246434

Now go away you idiot.
--
Glen

ibm...@yahoo.com

Aug 15, 2007, 10:00:36 AM8/15/07

The better idea to you: suck your piece of shit daddy's DICK.
You fucking moron.

Guest

Aug 15, 2007, 12:27:48 PM8/15/07
"gclark" <gcl...@noneya.net> wrote in message

Well the capital is in Hartford and they seem to think that the state
revolves around that city when the culture of CT is in the 203. Since you
have links from the state, I also have one to prove my point yet again, FROM
the state: http://www.ct.gov/governorrell/cwp/view.asp?A=2791&Q=345420

gclark

Aug 15, 2007, 11:52:55 PM8/15/07

I must have missed where they said they were not part of New England.

I'm done.

--
Glen

Guest

Aug 16, 2007, 10:42:44 AM8/16/07
"gclark" <gcl...@noneya.net> wrote in message

You only have New England on your mind, but I am sure that you did not miss
the Tri-state part. I guess you love NYC so much that you want CT to be the
NYC area part of New England? No! We do not represent NE, we represent CT.
Only those (excluding MA) states with nothing going on must have that NE
title.