Re: Ohhh...That Virtual Waiting Room!!

ThisIsTheYear

Dec 11, 2004, 9:59:10 AM12/11/04
"jb" <jbost...@centurytel.net> wrote in message
news:-tidnRKV5LE...@centurytel.net...
> Boy, it sure is crowded in here!

I actually got through for single-game tickets, but foolishly waited to see
if I'd get through for Sox Pax instead; now it looks like I've missed out on
all of them. :-(

Joe Murphy

Dec 11, 2004, 9:57:50 AM12/11/04
I keep getting bumped back into it after getting to the next level. Sucks.

jb

Dec 11, 2004, 9:54:43 AM12/11/04

paul j

Dec 11, 2004, 10:22:35 AM12/11/04
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 06:54:43 -0800, jb wrote:

> Boy, it sure is crowded in here!

I've been in there since 9:01am. Is this some kind of cruel joke?
--
Up from Third Base to Huntington
They sang another victory song...........

North Star

Dec 11, 2004, 10:28:10 AM12/11/04

"jb" <jbost...@centurytel.net> wrote in message
> Boy, it sure is crowded in here!

I've been in since 8:40, and still nothing - starting to get worried

S.L.

Dec 11, 2004, 10:34:14 AM12/11/04

"Joe Murphy" <jmurpSPAM...@SPAMrcn.com> wrote in message

> I keep getting bumped back into it after getting to the next level. Sucks.

I'm getting bumped from the 7-digit number back to the "select # of seats"
screen... which is maybe worse than the waiting room because you have to
keep clicking on "continue"...

Shep1900

Dec 11, 2004, 10:38:22 AM12/11/04
>I've been in since 8:40, and still nothing - starting to get worried

Me, too. How much you want to bet most of the buyers are bandwagon-fans,
snapping up tickets they may not even end up using....

HSSO

Dec 11, 2004, 10:39:11 AM12/11/04

"jb" <jbost...@centurytel.net> wrote in message
> Boy, it sure is crowded in here!

Opening day pax are sold out... I only managed to get a single ticket.

MISTERSPIG

Dec 11, 2004, 10:39:30 AM12/11/04
>I'm getting bumped from the 7-digit number back to the "select # of seats"
>screen... which is maybe worse than the waiting room because you have to
>keep clicking on "continue"...

I kept getting the same thing. I was getting ready to give up but got
through. Two for the Saturday Special in section G5. So there is still hope!
Good Luck to you.

North Star

Dec 11, 2004, 10:41:55 AM12/11/04

"Shep1900" <shep...@aol.comSpamFree> wrote in message

> >I've been in since 8:40, and still nothing - starting to get worried
>
> Me, too. How much you want to bet most of the buyers are bandwagon-fans,
> snapping up tickets they may not even end up using....

I think you hit the nail right on the head. Now that they won a WS, everyone
wants in on the action. There are probably a good amount of "investors" who
will have them up on ebay as soon as they get the tix.

S.L.

Dec 11, 2004, 10:44:57 AM12/11/04

"MISTERSPIG" <miste...@aol.compost> wrote in message

Just got through and got 4 for the A's matinee, G25 row 5. Woohoo!

Here's the deal... after the 7-digit screen bounced me back to seat
selection, I used the browser's "back" key and got the same 7-digit number
each time!... making it much easier to hammer it through.

Good luck all!

SL

Jay Michaels

Dec 11, 2004, 10:39:35 AM12/11/04

"S.L." <sssla...@yahoo.NO.com.SPAM> wrote in message

It is a real pain in the ass. Though I was able to get 4 tickets for Pack
1.

ThisIsTheYear

Dec 11, 2004, 10:54:06 AM12/11/04
"North Star" <hgm...@metrocast.net> wrote in message

When did the waiting line start?

krs...@alumni.union.edu

Dec 11, 2004, 11:20:16 AM12/11/04
Just keep trying. I got thru.

Message has been deleted

ThisIsTheYear

Dec 11, 2004, 11:39:05 AM12/11/04
"a...@123.com" <krs...@alumni.union.edu> wrote in message

> Just keep trying. I got thru.

Got through for the Monday, May 30 game. Against the Orioles. :-/ Oh well;
it's something.

North Star

Dec 11, 2004, 11:44:58 AM12/11/04

"Griffin Spencer" <ENTERMYNAMEHEREFI...@comcast.net> wrote in
message news:3KydnRmSUdm...@comcast.com...

> jb wrote:
>
>> Boy, it sure is crowded in here!
>
> I am currently into 3 Waiting Rooms, which I have been in since 11:30.
> Anybody get in since 11:30?
>
> --
> Griffin Spencer - Professional USENET Thread Killer

I had two browsers open one for single game tix, and another for Sox Pax. I
just got in for the single game at 11:35. All I could get was 4 bleacher
seats (near the Dunkin Donuts Sign) vs the Orioles on 6/1/04. I still have
the Pax window open and waiting.

The pax window I have had opened since 8:40am, and the single game was
opened at 8:55 am.

Dec 11, 2004, 11:47:11 AM12/11/04

"John M" <this...@myemailaddress.com> wrote in message
>I was able to pick up the friday sox pack (no place like the bleachers on a
> Friday night!) and extra tix to all of the Mariners games... But yeah -
> that virtual waiting room is really annoying. The trick is having 25 of
> them up at once!

Actually this is the trick:

Here's how to get past the VWR

In a new window copy and paste the following in the address bar:

http://frontline.purchasenow2.tickets.com

When you're in the VWR for the game you want, copy the following part of the
URL in the address bar after the above:

buy/MLBEventInfo?gameid=2005/04/15/tbamlb-bosmlb-1 (Important to not copy
the "roomid" part of the address)

Put it all together and you have the following. This one is to buy tickets
to the April/15 Tampa Bay game.

http://frontline.purchasenow2.tickets.com/buy/MLBEventInfo?gameid=2005/04/15/tbamlb-bosmlb-1

Enjoy.

North Star

Dec 11, 2004, 11:56:39 AM12/11/04

"jb" <jbost...@centurytel.net> wrote in message
> Boy, it sure is crowded in here!

Anyone get into Sox Pax recently? All I have seen is for single game tix.

Red_Sox_Nation

Dec 11, 2004, 12:39:17 PM12/11/04
This is a fucking joke...Period...4 hours and NOTHING.....What the fuck do I
have to do?

North Star

Dec 11, 2004, 12:49:18 PM12/11/04

"Red_Sox_Nation" <nos...@myhouse.com> wrote in message

FOLLOW B's advice, and cut and paste the link he provided to your browser.
There is a 7 digit number in there, and you have to open the link to the sox
pax group you want and look at the 7 digit number buried in the address bar.
Cut and paste the link B provided, and input the number to the sox pax group
you want. I just did it and it worked for me. I have been on since 8:40 this
morning with nothing to show for it. I used B's method and I gat 3 RF
Grandstand seats.

Good Luck

Red_Sox_Nation

Dec 11, 2004, 12:50:01 PM12/11/04
HOLY SHIT IT WORKED!!!! No more waiting in virtual rooms!!

Dude, thanks so much YOU ROCK!!!

got 2 tickets for my sons birthday!!

Dec 11, 2004, 12:50:24 PM12/11/04

> HOLY SHIT IT WORKED!!!! No more waiting in virtual rooms!!
>
> Dude, thanks so much YOU ROCK!!!
>
> got 2 tickets for my sons birthday!!

Merry Christmas.

I know that's not politically correct to say, but I don't give a shit.

Red_Sox_Nation

Dec 11, 2004, 1:17:58 PM12/11/04
Ok, one more question, I selected PRINT my own tickets...When I click on the
link, I get sent to another virtual room, is this common? Thanks
again!!!!!!

Robert Williams

Dec 11, 2004, 3:39:28 PM12/11/04
I followed B's advice and got bleacher seats for Oakland and Baltimore.
It's nothing to brag about but at least I got tickets.
Going to have to write that trick down for Feb.

Red_Sox_Nation

Dec 11, 2004, 4:06:18 PM12/11/04
Yep......My son wanted to go on his birthday, and we are
going..bleachers....I dont care, though, I got some..I waited 4 hours and
nothing from the waiting room..pathetic...

"Robert Williams" <wil...@earthlink.net> wrote in message