Re: Any one visited MLB.COM today?

Message has been deleted

Ray O'Hara

Dec 24, 2007, 3:24:45 PM12/24/07

http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/mlb.mlb/homepage;;pos=1;sz=300x250;tile=1;ord=879088147

> http://www.hqtube.com/?5519000000
>
> HQTUBE - World of streaming porn!:

worked okay for me.

you might have picked up something that is redirecting your browser.

try hijackthis to look.

who'sthat

Dec 24, 2007, 4:16:15 PM12/24/07

I get sent to http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp which is normal.
I agree that he needs to look into that..or he typed it wrong.

Xena

Dec 24, 2007, 6:43:42 PM12/24/07
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 18:41:59 GMT, Paul <non...@noaddy.co.uk> wrote:

>Is MLB going down in he world. I clicked on to MLB.COM and was re-directed to
>this? Def not baseball.
>
>http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/mlb.mlb/homepage;;pos=1;sz=300x250;tile=1;ord=879088147
>
>http://www.hqtube.com/?5519000000
>
>HQTUBE - World of streaming porn!:

I just tried it, it worked fine.

whatitis

Dec 24, 2007, 8:01:51 PM12/24/07
On Dec 24, 10:41 am, Paul <non...@noaddy.co.uk> wrote:
> Is MLB going down in he world. I clicked on to MLB.COM and was re-directed to
> this? Def not baseball.
>
> http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/mlb.mlb/homepage;;pos=1;sz=300x250;tile...

> http://www.hqtube.com/?5519000000
>
> HQTUBE - World of streaming porn!:

Nice try Spam boy

Message has been deleted

John Fariss

Dec 24, 2007, 8:25:31 PM12/24/07

> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:01:51 -0800 (PST), whatitis
> <foxfire...@hotmail.com>
> This is *NOT* a spam.

Why did you post it to the Braves & Yankees NG?

Larry Lee

Dec 25, 2007, 12:29:05 AM12/25/07

"Paul" <non...@noaddy.co.uk> wrote in message

> Is MLB going down in he world. I clicked on to MLB.COM and was re-directed
> this? Def not baseball.
>
> http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/mlb.mlb/homepage;;pos=1;sz=300x250;tile=1;ord=879088147

> http://www.hqtube.com/?5519000000
>
> HQTUBE - World of streaming porn!:

You have a virus.

JohnLB...@googlemail.com

Dec 26, 2007, 7:31:03 AM12/26/07
On Dec 25, 12:29 am, "Larry Lee" <y...@yucky.com> wrote:
> "Paul" <non...@noaddy.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Is MLB going down in he world. I clicked on to MLB.COM and was re-directed
> > this? Def not baseball.
>
> >http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/mlb.mlb/homepage;;pos=1;sz=300x250;tile...

> >http://www.hqtube.com/?5519000000
>
> > HQTUBE - World of streaming porn!:
>
> You have a virus.

I get the same problem, it's not a virus.

who'sthat

Dec 26, 2007, 8:48:01 AM12/26/07
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 04:31:03 -0800 (PST), JohnLB...@googlemail.com
wrote:

Only 2 do and the rest don't get redirected..I'd guess you have a
trojan or virus.

JohnLB...@googlemail.com

Dec 26, 2007, 8:55:10 AM12/26/07
On Dec 26, 8:48 am, who'sthat <whosthat> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 04:31:03 -0800 (PST), JohnLBent...@googlemail.com

I've tried it on 3 different computers, all the same. My guess is it's
advertising by geographical location, I guess most of you that don't
have a problem are in the US? i'm in the UK and i'd be interested to
know where the original poster is located.

vfmlan...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2007, 9:42:10 AM12/26/07
> know where the original poster is located.- Ocultar texto de la cita -
>
> - Mostrar texto de la cita -

Same for me both from a Spanish internet connection and from a French
internet connection (and from different computers, one of them a
corporate computer connected to a large network where virus and
spyware are very closely monitored!).

Conclusion: it is MLB website which has the problem (maybe the
advertising as someone suggested?)

g...@telenet.be

Dec 26, 2007, 9:51:50 AM12/26/07
I'm from Belgium and I'm also redirected

Maybe the problem is linked to the flash vulnerability that is
documented in Hacking Exposed Web 2.0.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/21/flash__menace/

ori...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2007, 11:05:17 AM12/26/07

Here in Spain also. I cannot believe MLB.COM has not taken action to
fix thsi highjacking. That it happened to them is unbelievable in the
first place. No other site I try have this redirection or hijacking.
I detected it on the 24th. Has anyone tried to contact MLB in any way
to notify them or complain?

who'sthat

Dec 26, 2007, 11:35:45 AM12/26/07
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 06:42:10 -0800 (PST), vfmlan...@gmail.com
wrote:

It's only a problem for a couple of people. It's NOT the site.

who'sthat

Dec 26, 2007, 11:36:24 AM12/26/07

Nope..because it's NOT the site. It's YOU who have the problem.

ori...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2007, 2:49:30 PM12/26/07
On Dec 26, 5:36 pm, who'sthat <whosthat> wrote:

Look BOZO the clown, I don't remember anyone here nominating you for
MLB spokesman. We are just engaging in ideas and are not here to
point deragatory fingers. I count at least 5-6 people who have posted
saying they have this problem and only with MLB.COM. If you cannot
add value I suggest you put a lid on your trap!!!

ScottishNYY

Dec 26, 2007, 3:17:06 PM12/26/07
On Dec 26, 4:36 pm, who'sthat <whosthat> wrote:

i believe its an international problem as i am having the same problem
and i live in the UK and its been happening since monday. Its getting
annoying now and i have now left a message for mlb.com to get back to
me. Lets hope it sorts itself out. Soon.

phild...@homecall.co.uk

Dec 26, 2007, 3:44:16 PM12/26/07
> me. Lets hope it sorts itself out. Soon.- Hide quoted text -

Also had this proble. Thought it was me but I rebuilt my machine from
scratch and still had the same redirect problem. I had a go on 3
different computers and still the same. Must be an issue with MLB.com.
Have sent them an email. If anybody else has the same same problem
suggest doin the same. hopefully more emails will get there attention.

ScottishNYY

Dec 26, 2007, 5:18:12 PM12/26/07

I have put an email through the contact us page to MLB.com. If it
wasnt during the holidays i would have contacted 2 people i know at
mlb.com to try and get it resolved quicker but neither is online due
to the Christmas holidays.

who'sthat

Dec 26, 2007, 6:23:33 PM12/26/07

5 or 6 and how many say it's fine? How many haven't complained at all?
Any national reports about it? If only 5 or 6 have a problem with a
site as busy as the MLB site is the problem is with the 5 or 6. Bet on
it.

who'sthat

Dec 26, 2007, 6:24:30 PM12/26/07

That could be. The site itself is fine. We would have seen something
about in on ESPN or the national news sites.

Message has been deleted

fnort

Dec 26, 2007, 7:45:51 PM12/26/07
On Dec 26, 11:23 pm, who'sthat <whosthat> wrote:

Utter nonsense. MLB.com did nothing about the malware ad redirects
(documented here: http://www.windowsitpro.com/articles/index.cfm?articleid=97582&feed=articleLink
and here:
http://www.scmagazineus.com/Major-League-Baseball-National-Hockey-League-websites-hit-by-traffic-redirection-attack/article/96362/
and, most tellingly, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lBUQqufZWc)
related to a well-known and long-persistent malware scam that were
being served up by infected flash ads to worldwide viewers of its
website for over two months. Simply blaming the '5 or 6' who claim to
have witnessed it is pretty lame. For information, I myself have just
visited it from the UK and been redirected to exactly the same site. I
work in IT Security, and have visited the site since this latest
hijack first occured for me three days ago from numerous browsers, on
numerous machines, from numerous networks. The redirect has happened
for me four times in about fifty visits since then, which is about the
same rate that the AdTraff redirects - which stopped for me about a
month ago - occurred. I suspect its the same crew responsible. For
info, this is not a security problem with the mlb site per se, rather
it is the responsibility of those who sell advertising space on the
site not doing their checks properly. Personally, I think its a
disgrace - but nothing will be done about it, and there will not be
any publicity over the problem because numerous people (myslef
included) complained about it last time and nothing was done. Of
course, if anyone else in the UK gave a damn about baseball - say it
was as popular as soccer is here, then there might be an outcry about
it. SInce it is such a marginal sport here and no-one in any position
of authority is either likely to view the site, or care when someone
complains, nothing will happen. Ho hum.

micha...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2007, 7:48:58 PM12/26/07
> about in on ESPN or the national news sites.- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
>
> - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

I am in Italy and I have the problem, and so all the members of the
biggest forum about baseball in italian language (http://
forum.playitusa.com/index.php?topic=10648.0). I wonder what are they
waiting for fixing it.

peterh...@yahoo.com

Dec 27, 2007, 1:13:43 PM12/27/07
Same problem also here in the UK. Thought it was me at first but after
scrubbing my PC still get the same re-direct. Got the front page OK
but as soon as I clicked on a link I got the streaming porn. I am so
pleased that other people have the same problem! I would have problems
explaining this to my wife!

ScottishNYY

Dec 27, 2007, 1:55:36 PM12/27/07

Anyone had a reply from mlb.com?

who'sthat

Dec 27, 2007, 1:59:29 PM12/27/07
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:13:43 -0800 (PST), peterh...@yahoo.com
wrote:

It's not happening here in America.

Message has been deleted

Pearly Soames

Dec 28, 2007, 8:41:42 AM12/28/07

You must have a virus then.

--
"You are fools. It's a big joke. Rickey tricked everybody. Thank you all."

stephen...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 10:03:39 AM12/28/07
On Dec 28, 1:41 pm, Pearly Soames <tom.champa...@charter.net> wrote:
> who'sthat wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:13:43 -0800 (PST), peterhard...@yahoo.com

> > wrote:
>
> >> Same problem also here in the UK. Thought it was me at first but after
> >> scrubbing my PC still get the same re-direct. Got the front page OK
> >> but as soon as I clicked on a link I got the streaming porn. I am so
> >> pleased that other people have the same problem! I would have problems
> >> explaining this to my wife!
>
> > It's not happening here in America.
>
> You must have a virus then.
>
> --
> "You are fools. It's a big joke. Rickey tricked everybody. Thank you all."

Looks like it is a Flash advert which is only targeting users outside
of the USA/Canada. It's still happening here, but only in IE7 without
any adblocking softwar. I've tried it on a Virtual PC which has just
been done from scratch and it does the same so definitely the site and
not spyware.

stephen...@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2007, 11:58:33 AM12/28/07
On Dec 26, 4:35 pm, who'sthat <whosthat> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 06:42:10 -0800 (PST), vfmlanzar...@gmail.com

It IS the website, and in particular this advert -
http://ad.doubleclick.net/1674952/mlb_chanel.swf - Still nothing has
been done to take it down!

John Fariss

Dec 28, 2007, 5:08:48 PM12/28/07

"Pearly Soames" <tom.ch...@charter.net> wrote in message

> who'sthat wrote:
>> On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:13:43 -0800 (PST), peterh...@yahoo.com
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Same problem also here in the UK. Thought it was me at first but after
>>> scrubbing my PC still get the same re-direct. Got the front page OK
>>> but as soon as I clicked on a link I got the streaming porn. I am so
>>> pleased that other people have the same problem! I would have problems
>>> explaining this to my wife!
>>

>> It's not happening here in America.
>
> You must have a virus then.

Sue.

Pearly Soames

Dec 28, 2007, 8:59:32 PM12/28/07
John Fariss wrote:

> "Pearly Soames" <tom.ch...@charter.net> wrote in message
>> who'sthat wrote:

>>> It's not happening here in America.
>>
>> You must have a virus then.
>
> Sue.

Sue the virus?

John Fariss

Dec 29, 2007, 4:33:56 AM12/29/07

> John Fariss wrote:
>>
>> "Pearly Soames" <tom.ch...@charter.net> wrote in message

>>> You must have a virus then.
>>
>> Sue.
>>>

> Sue the virus?

Absolutely.
Hasn't precedence been set?

J Buck

Dec 29, 2007, 7:43:16 PM12/29/07
<You must have a virus then.>

<Sue.>

<Sue the virus?>

Maybe it should read 'Sue, the virus'.

christ...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2007, 11:41:28 AM12/30/07
> waiting for fixing it.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

same here, i'm from holland and also get redirected to hqtube, very
annoying.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

jonnie303

Dec 30, 2007, 3:17:11 PM12/30/07
On Dec 24, 6:41 pm, Paul <non...@noaddy.co.uk> wrote:
> Is MLB going down in he world. I clicked on to MLB.COM and was re-directed to
> this? Def not baseball.
>
> http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/mlb.mlb/homepage;;pos=1;sz=300x250;tile...
>
> http://www.hqtube.com/?5519000000
>
> HQTUBE - World of streaming porn!:

I get the same problem too. Doesn't happen every time I visit mlb.com,
perhaps once in every 3 or 4 visits. I'm in the UK. PLEASE will
mlb.com sort out their website!!!!!

jonnie303

Message has been deleted

benjamin...@hotmail.com

Dec 30, 2007, 11:46:30 PM12/30/07
On Dec 28, 11:41 pm, Pearly Soames <tom.champa...@charter.net> wrote:
> who'sthat wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:13:43 -0800 (PST), peterhard...@yahoo.com

> > wrote:
>
> >> Same problem also here in the UK. Thought it was me at first but after
> >> scrubbing my PC still get the same re-direct. Got the front page OK
> >> but as soon as I clicked on a link I got the streaming porn. I am so
> >> pleased that other people have the same problem! I would have problems
> >> explaining this to my wife!
>
> > It's not happening here in America.
>
> You must have a virus then.

I can confirm that the same thing is happening to baseball fans in
Australia. Several people from my baseball club (Red Sox fans
included) are getting the same redirect to hqtube. I've worked in IT
security for 10 years, to suggest this is a virus that only targets
mlb.com is laughable.

I just sent something off to a friend of mine who works for the State
newspaper, hopefully we can get something included, any publicity for
baseball over here is a good thing.