Orioles making some moves

S/B 954RR

Dec 16, 2009, 11:40:30 PM12/16/09
Signing Atkins and Mike Gonzalez (physicals pending) and preparing an offer
for Chapman (longshot for sure). Maybe Theo is putting a target on the Sox'
back with his pitching and defense approach at the expense of offense.

Wayback1918

Dec 17, 2009, 10:28:52 AM12/17/09

Glad the Orioles signed Atkins.....it keeps Theo from getting any bad
ideas

McDuck

Dec 17, 2009, 12:12:24 PM12/17/09

>ideas.

I agree with your implicit assessment of Atkins. Mike Gonzalez
generally had a v. good year for the Braves in 2009, less so the year
before. I'm impressed with the Ks and ERA but less enthused about a
reliever with a K/BB ratio of 2.73.

O'Neil's Faggy Prostate - Fact Trumps Meme

Dec 17, 2009, 1:40:16 PM12/17/09

They apparently also made a big push for SDGon at the Winter Meetings
and have joined the Holliday bidding, too.

Mortimer

Dec 17, 2009, 10:33:49 PM12/17/09

Same with SP Scott Olsen. But Ryan Church is available since he was
DFA'd, so I suspect Theo and Co are crunching his numbers to see if
he's viable, even for a minor league deal. Now, I'd just wish somebody
would sign Adrian frickin' Beltre, then Theo won't get any bad ideas!

S/B 954RR

Dec 17, 2009, 10:56:52 PM12/17/09

"Mortimer" <ectha...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I'm warming to the idea of Beltre if he can be had for real short money.
I'm even warming to the idea of Kotchman if only because I don't want them
stuck with a bad choice long term because Gonzalez isn't available.

Dano

Dec 17, 2009, 11:46:36 PM12/17/09

"S/B 954RR" <jtib...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Forget Beltre. Boras is looking for five years. Not going to happen.

pmfan57

Dec 18, 2009, 11:45:32 AM12/18/09
On Dec 17, 1:40 pm, "O'Neil's Faggy Prostate - Fact Trumps Meme"

The O's getting better still doesn't put them in the race, but it
means that the second place team in the east might not be such a lock
to be the wild card. The Yankees and Sox will have more difficulty
padding their records against the O's next year. I'm still betting on
the Yankees and the Red Sox both making the playoffs, but it is
somewhat less of a sure thing.

Gnork

Dec 19, 2009, 12:17:09 PM12/19/09
On Dec 17, 8:46 pm, "Dano" <janeandd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "S/B 954RR" <jtibb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > "Mortimer" <ecthaki...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Gee, I hope you are right. I understand it happens once in a while.