More news on Harold Reynolds being Fired from ESPN.. (Possibly Sexual Harrassment Charges)

JeffH

Jul 25, 2006, 4:59:01 PM7/25/06
We can't say for sure why Harold Reynolds was fired from ESPN
yesterday, because ESPN hasn't put out a statement or anything (and
they don't have to), but we can tell you what the chatter in Bristol
is: Everyone is hearing sexual harassment. Every single email we've
received from the inside about this today has used those very two
words.

Again, nothing concrete on this. But that is definitely what they're
whispering in Bristol. Some highlights:

· Thirdhand info, but I'm told it's sexual harassment. There were
allegations of inappropriate actions between him and female PAs on a
couple different occasions, so I'm not entirely shocked.

· It's apparently sexual harassment, but no one knows who the victim
was. It went down over the course of the weekend.

· I have on good authority that HR was fired for all things, hitting
on girls. Allegedly, this has been going on for a while. The last straw
was when a new PA was having none of what Harold had to offer and
turned him in.

· Harold Reynolds was fired more or less for copious amounts of
sexual harassment. Apparently, he brazenly hits on female employees
constantly, despite the fact that his wife just had a kid six months
ago. He was warned by the big-wigs on numerous occasions to cool it
with the ladies, but someone finally lodged a complaint, and he was
canned immediately.

· It's very difficult to get fired from ESPN. It takes multiple
offenses ... they're usually so worried about getting sued for unlawful
termination that people are suspended multiple times for the same
repeated behavior before it finally comes to getting fired. Within the
walls of the campus, there are only a few on-air talent guys that had
an honest reputation as being overly friendly with the ladies, and HR
was one of them.

So anyway, that's what they're saying on the Bristol campus. But since
ESPN doesn't have to say anything -- in-house or otherwise -- and
neither does Reynolds, we might never know for sure. (No announcement,
we're told, has been made to the staff.) That's what they're saying,
though; we didn't receive a single email suggesting anything but that.

But that's not what we're saying, because we don't know. To be clear.

smacdo

Jul 25, 2006, 5:04:11 PM7/25/06

JeffH wrote:
> We can't say for sure why Harold Reynolds was fired from ESPN
> yesterday,

I know what your source is on this (deadspin.com) but you should
include some reference to it for the people that don't...

john...@hotmail.com

Jul 25, 2006, 5:30:19 PM7/25/06
I'm so tired of women claiming 'sexual harassment' everytime a guy hits
on them.
I loved when some lady was on Judge Judy filing a claim.. she said
"Madam, there's no such thing as sexual harassment! It's called a
compliment! Enjoy it while you still can!!"

wily mo aster

Jul 25, 2006, 5:45:24 PM7/25/06
john...@hotmail.com wrote:
: I'm so tired of women claiming 'sexual harassment' everytime a guy hits
: on them.

well, sexy, if you're tired, maybe you should take a nap.

--
m i t c h e l l a s t e r http:// / /

I believe in the Human Spirit, the taker of life, who proceeds from
the Father and the War. With the Father and the War it is worshipped
and glorified. It has spoken through its profits. I acknowledge one
War for the commission of sins. I look for no resurrection of the
dead, and to the Wars of the world to come. Amen.
- Voltron

Ron

Jul 25, 2006, 6:48:21 PM7/25/06
In the book about the history, origins, and evolution of ESPN, it was
laced with complaints about sexual harassment, and general (overworked,
low pay) complaints about working in Bristol. Ergo the quote, "happiness
is Bristol in the rearview mirror." For the relatively few who succeed,
apparently there are many who get trampled upon.

Gary

Jul 25, 2006, 7:48:56 PM7/25/06
On 25 Jul 2006 13:59:01 -0700, "JeffH" <jeffh_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>We can't say for sure why Harold Reynolds was fired from ESPN
>yesterday, because ESPN hasn't put out a statement or anything (and
>they don't have to), but we can tell you what the chatter in Bristol
>is: Everyone is hearing sexual harassment. Every single email we've
>received from the inside about this today has used those very two
>words.

Isn't it unfair to just throw that out without any basis for it? Later
in that piece (from deadspin.com) someone else wrote that it wasn't
that, but a blowup by Reynolds over ESPN plans to really get on AROD.

wily mo aster

Jul 25, 2006, 7:58:46 PM7/25/06
Gary <golfe...@comcast.net> wrote:

i don't think it's unfair to throw out that that's what they're hearing
from the inside, as long as they make it clear that these are rumors and
they have no hard information, which they do (make clear). it would
hardly be unprecedented for this to turn out to be totally wrong, of
course, but really in cases like this rumor is the only way the
information is ever going to get out, and people want to know, so this
is going to happen.

hopefully if it's not true it'll be overriden by a second, even
juicier rumor, and justice will be served.

--
m i t c h e l l a s t e r http:// / /

"touch my ass if you're qualified" - beck

Pearly Soames

Jul 26, 2006, 8:22:20 AM7/26/06
JeffH wrote:
> We can't say for sure why Harold Reynolds was fired from ESPN
> yesterday, because ESPN hasn't put out a statement or anything (and
> they don't have to), but we can tell you what the chatter in Bristol
> is: Everyone is hearing sexual harassment. Every single email we've
> received from the inside about this today has used those very two
> words.

Why are all these people e-mailing you about this?