"Rookie" needs advice

rod...@wkuvx1.wku.edu

May 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/31/96

I'm about to buy my first paintball gun. I've looked at lots of guns,
and I think I want to buy a Tippman Pro-lite. I need some information
before I buy it, however. I need to know:
1)Hwo far it shoots
2)How it compares to cockers, and mags
3)What I should get to upgrade it so that it shoots it's farthest.
I'd really apprecitate any help. Thanks so much.
Don R.

Kenneth R. Gilder

Jun 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/1/96

rod...@wkuvx1.wku.edu wrote:
>I'm about to buy my first paintball gun. I've looked at lots of guns,
>and I think I want to buy a Tippman Pro-lite. I need some information
>before I buy it,

Don:

The Tippmann Pro-Lite is a good value for the money, and is a wise
investment for a player buying his first gun.

>However. I need to know:
>1)Hwo far it shoots
It shoots as far as any other gun at the same velocity.

>2)How it compares to cockers, and mags

It compares favorably to the basic Cocker and Mag. Tricked out
Cockers and Mags are another story, but then there's a difference between
spending $300 and $800.

>3)What I should get to upgrade it so that it shoots it's farthest.

There are after market parts, such as barrels that will increase
accuracy, but nothing will make it shoot farther than any other paintgun
if both guns are tuned in at the same velocity.
Just for information purposes, a Tippmann Pro-Lite with the stock
barrel, is quite accurate. I own its predecessor, the Pro-Am, and never
went to an after market barrel. It served, and continues to serve me
well.

>I'd really apprecitate any help. Thanks so much.

One other thing about Tippmann Pneumatics, is that they have the
best customer service in the industry. If anything ever goes wrong with
a Tippmann paintgun, even an old one like the SMG-60, you can overnight
it to them on Monday; they will receive it on Tuesday; fix it on
Wednesday; and overnight it back to you on Thursday. You'll get it on
Friday, and be ready to use it on Saturday. They usually include some
extra parts, too. And most of the time, they don't charge you. The only
thing you pay for, is the shipping.

I hope this helps, but this is just an opinion offered by one who is
the proud owner of a Tippmann product. (I also own an Autococker and an
Automag) The Tippmann Pro-Lite is well worth the money, and you could do
a lot worse for the same amount.

"Hollywood"
>Don R.

jaar...@aft.sn.no

Jun 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/1/96

Kenneth R. Gilder wrote:

> rod...@wkuvx1.wku.edu wrote:
> >I'm about to buy my first paintball gun. I've looked at lots of guns,
> >and I think I want to buy a Tippman Pro-lite. I need some information
> >before I buy it,
>
> Don:
> Just for information purposes, a Tippmann Pro-Lite with the stock
> barrel, is quite accurate. I own its predecessor, the Pro-Am, and never
> went to an after market barrel. It served, and continues to serve me
> well.

Sorry, Kenneth,- have to disagree with you on that one. I was recommended
- and bought - a J&J internally rifled/ported barell with my
Pro-Lite, and the accuracy increased with approx. 30 - 40 %.

I follow all your other statements though,- the PL is a great marker, and
Tippman is a great company.

--
- jaar...@aft.sn.no

Kenneth R. Gilder

Jun 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/2/96

JA:
I don't have a problem with that. J & J makes excellent after
market barrels. For that matter, so do Smart Parts and Armson. I guess
it's all a matter of opinion and/or personal preference. I just stated
that I was quite happy with the stock barrel that came with my Pro-Am.

Then again, it's not the gun - it's the player behind the gun, and
there are people who play this game that could have the finest barrel
made, and still couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a banjo.

"Hollywood"

Mike Weatherholtz

Jun 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/11/96

<1996May3...@wkuvx1.wku.edu>...

> I'm about to buy my first paintball gun. I've looked at lots of guns,
> and I think I want to buy a Tippman Pro-lite. I need some information

> before I buy it, however. I need to know:
> 1)Hwo far it shoots

Farther than most.

> 2)How it compares to cockers, and mags

Not well.