Re: Spanx shapewear

The Guv'nor

Mar 12, 2005, 6:57:25 PM3/12/05

"SG" <Kitten...@webtv.net> wrote in message
news:15933-423...@storefull-3114.bay.webtv.net...

> Some of you may recall Sparklette posting about Spanx shapewear over the
> years, anywho, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to purchase the "Spanx
> Set of Two 'Hide and Sleek' Bodyshapers" which was the Today's Special
> Value last Tuesday on QVC's International Women's Day. Purchasing Spanx
> is quite costly, so to get two pieces for around $46 was a major
> incentive to try out this line.
>
> What was a great selling point about these two "Hide and Sleek"
> purchases is that you get a pair of panties and also a more full
> coverage shaper in a material that supposedly won't cling to your knits,
> so I'll put it to the test when I receive them. I discovered some
> really hot dress pants that are bootcut, yet are supposed to be somewhat
> close-fitting in the seat, they are so soft to the touch and I can't
> wait to wear the Spanx panty underneath these pants. ;)
>
> To check out Spanx hosiery, panties and bodyshapers you can do so at
> either www.spanx.com or go to www.qvc.com and type Spanx into the search
> box.

I know you have lost your partner on these threads:) so I will do my best to
fill Sspark's shoes - as long as they are not stilettos:)

Ooh la la:)

I visited the website SG, and I have to say that while they look nice, and I
am sure are very practical, "Power Panties" must be the most unglamorously
named item of women's thingies I have come across. It even outdoes "Pantene"
which always sounds to me to be the sort of product you wouldn't want the
supermarket checkout chick to call for a price check on, especially if you
have the Wangamarratta rugby team standing in line behind you.

I mean, "Power Panties" are so "in ya face" if you pardon me using that
expression with such an item. It conjures up many images, but none seem to
include sitting by a babbling brook or candlelit bedrooms:) More like an
extreme left feminist Bulgarian weightlifter, who's hormone tests have had
more recounts than a Florida election!

But I must admit, I love the name of the company:)

Mike
--
newpers...@iprimus.com.au

SG

Mar 13, 2005, 8:22:50 AM3/13/05

Mike wrote:)

<<I know you have lost your partner on these threads:) so I will do my
best to fill Sspark's shoes - as long as they are not stilettos:)
Ooh la la:)>>

Okay, stilettos a no, sexy mules a go! Yes, boo hoo about our beauty
threads, but me and Sparklette keep up on our recent beauty finds and
purchases in e-mail. ;) Ooh, I recently found a pink spring shade of
liner, lipstick and gloss that I can WEAR! It's Bare Escentuals
"Wearable Pink" set of three collection, tres gorgeous! ;)

Mike continues:

<<I visited the website SG, and I have to say that while they look nice,
and I am sure are very practical, "Power Panties" must be the most

unglamorously named item of women's thingies I have come across. I

mean, "Power Panties" are so "in ya face" if you pardon me using that
expression with such an item.>>

While I haven't given much thought to the name Power Panties, now that I
have, I'd like to think of them as giving you a bit more confidence to
shake your booty in public knowing you don't have ghastly bulges or
panty lines, which I don't mind, as long as the panty fits properly. <g>

Mike wrote:
<<But I must admit, I love the name of the company:)>>

Yes, Spanx! That's why I mainly took the time to post about this
company here, plus, most of us are into panties and backsides. ;) I was
going to wait and post after I tried Spanx and to say whether I LOVE
them. I like the fact that they supposedly don't bind anywhere and
don't cause unsightly bulges or leave marks. ;)

Hugz,
SG

The Guv'nor

Mar 13, 2005, 7:55:01 PM3/13/05

> Yes, Spanx! That's why I mainly took the time to post about this
> company here, plus, most of us are into panties and backsides. ;) I was
> going to wait and post after I tried Spanx and to say whether I LOVE
> them. I like the fact that they supposedly don't bind anywhere and
> don't cause unsightly bulges or leave marks. ;)

Am I one of the few people who find VPL (Visible Panty Line) sexy! To me it
gives a pretty accurate idea of the type of panties the lady is wearing.
With that bit of info, you can create not only a fairly accurate profile of
the lady:) but also some realistic visualisations:)

Which leads me to the question - do panties reflect the woman? I was
thinking of standing on a street corner with a clipboard, and asking 500
women what type of panties they are wearing and what color. Then I would ask
them a few questions about their sexual and private lives.

But these days, you just can't so anything like that without someone
complaining. I know - I'll wear an ID badge as well with the word
"Institute" somewhere on it, that would help. And to make the lady feel more
comfortable, I will only ask those who are accompanied by their boyfriends
or husbands.

Pity though. Using that info, I could get a good idea if "type of
panties=the woman", publish a paper with my findings in "The Lancet", and
become a Spanking Guru with the compulsory black suit, blue shirt and yellow
tie with black spots.

Mike
--
newpers...@iprimus.com.au

Message has been deleted

The Guv'nor

Mar 21, 2005, 4:36:35 AM3/21/05

"minxy" <min...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >Am I one of the few people who find VPL (Visible Panty Line) sexy! >To
> me it
>>gives a pretty accurate idea of the type of panties the lady is
>>wearing.
>>With that bit of info, you can create not only a fairly accurate
> profile >of
>>the lady:) but also some realistic visualisations:)
>
>>Which leads me to the question - do panties reflect the woman? I >>was
>
>>thinking of standing on a street corner with a clipboard, and asking
>>500
>>women what type of panties they are wearing and what color. Then I>
> would ask
>>them a few questions about their sexual and private lives.
>

> But sweetie it's just not as easy as that! Tsk, when will men learn
> that there is never just ONE answer to a question!
>
> Imagine the scene: Mike on a street corner, clipboard in hand. Minxy
> walks by.......
>
> Mike: "'scuse me Madam what type and colour of panties are you wearing
> today?"
>
> Minxy: "Er, at the moment nice comfy white ones with them high legs"
>
> Mike: "Oh, that suggests you will be wearing other types later in the
> day?"
>
> Minxy: "Yep - I'm out fur me lunch later so I'll need something a bit
> looser, to let things er spread, if yez knows what I mean lad. Well it
> is a free lunch, got to fill up while ya can. Then, come afternoon, I'm
> in a meeting - lots of young nubile women there so I'll need somethin'
> to make me feel, er, how can I put it - less 'old', somethin' that
> 'owds me in like firm young muscles, you remember the ad in the 60's
> don't you? Course you do, you're my age laddie if you're a day! Then
> of course there's evening so I'll slip into me black, glittery thong.
> Weeeell got to keep yer man interested - that's the secret of happiness
> lad! - I'll waltz up 'an down th' kitchen as I get 'is dinna 'an make
> 'im so keen he'll promise me anything for a bit of 'ow's ya father'.
> That'll be washin' up sorted tonight while if put me feet up!"

Well to my mind, the answer is simple, logical and above all, cost
effective. You simply choose a pair that are designed to be multifunctional.
Also, time management and forward planning can alleviate some of these
issues.

Tssk, why don't women realise that there are more answers than questions:)

Mike
--
newpers...@iprimus.com.au

Message has been deleted

The Guv'nor

Mar 21, 2005, 6:16:56 PM3/21/05

> Well to my mind, the answer is simple, logical and above all, cost
> effective. You simply choose a pair that are designed to be
> multifunctional.
>
> OK, you come back when you've found me a supplier for a combined thong,
> big warm knickers, open crotch basque, hold some bits it /push some
> bits out shaper pants and French knickers in black soft satin and
> flannelette with dainty lace trim and wide elastic. <g>
>
> (and for good measure I'd like them to say size 10 on the label
> please!)

Have you tried Tesco's?

Mike
--
newpers...@iprimus.com.au

Message has been deleted

The Guv'nor

Mar 23, 2005, 4:34:41 AM3/23/05

> All the clothes there belong to someone called George!
>
> (Or am I thinking of Asda?!)

Hey I think I solved your problem. I have started a new business called
"Hitchen Up Your Knickers" and I am thinking "discreet use of" and I'm
thinking - "velcro"

Mike
newpers...@iprimus.com.au

Message has been deleted

The Guv'nor

Mar 23, 2005, 6:38:33 PM3/23/05

> "Hitchen Up Your Knickers" ?
>
> You'd better be careful with that name or there might be some irate
> husbands/boyfriends hichen to thump you! :-)
>
> Minxy

You know Minxy, I bet you'd be one of those kids at school that made my life
difficult when Vanity Fair released "Hitchin' a ride" :)

Mike

BTW, try saying my name fast and it sounds like the name of a restaurant. An
up market one of course with small helpings:)
--
newpers...@iprimus.com.au

Message has been deleted

SG

Mar 25, 2005, 7:30:08 AM3/25/05

Mike wrote:
<<Am I one of the few people who find VPL (Visible Panty Line) sexy! To
me it gives a pretty accurate idea of the type of panties the lady is
wearing. With that bit of info, you can create not only a fairly
accurate profile of the lady:) but also some realistic
visualisations:)>>

Well, dollink, it all depends on the VPL! VPL can be rather ghastly or
very sexy and revealing. Actually, scratch revealing, you don't want to
reveal nothing! <g> I am afraid that any sort of info I would gather on
the typical gal with VPL would be that "the gal" does not know how to
dress. <wink>

A quick word on Spanx, I am not thrilled with the shaper, but the
panties are actually comfy and provide full coverage and shape the junk
in my trunk very nicely. Honestly though, I could take a pass on
shapers of any kind! Just thought it'd give me a little lift and work
nicely under my new pants, and it does, but I could live with or without
them. Now I am humming U2... ;)))

SG ;)

The Guv'nor

Mar 27, 2005, 10:51:55 PM3/27/05

> Mike wrote:
> <<Am I one of the few people who find VPL (Visible Panty Line) sexy! To
> me it gives a pretty accurate idea of the type of panties the lady is
> wearing. With that bit of info, you can create not only a fairly
> accurate profile of the lady:) but also some realistic
> visualisations:)>>
>
> Well, dollink, it all depends on the VPL! VPL can be rather ghastly or
> very sexy and revealing. Actually, scratch revealing, you don't want to
> reveal nothing! <g> I am afraid that any sort of info I would gather on
> the typical gal with VPL would be that "the gal" does not know how to
> dress. <wink>
>
> A quick word on Spanx, I am not thrilled with the shaper, but the
> panties are actually comfy and provide full coverage and shape the junk
> in my trunk very nicely.

LOL now thats a phrase I havent heard before!!

Mike
--
newpers...@iprimus.com.au