Nicknames And Memories

The Guv'nor

Sep 2, 2001, 8:11:17 AM9/2/01
After experimenting with, Evan Elpu and Paul Ittlebottom, (say it fast),
I have decided to stick with The Guv'nor!

But K's thread, or Fred, started me thinking about old schoolyard
nicknames. I remember two names that boys who were not as polite as me,
frequently used on the girls. Fanny Flop Draws and Bossy Boots. It is
only now with the benefit of age, wisdom, aquired knowledge and a pervert
mind, that I realise these names appealed to me because of their spanko
connotations. When it comes to Fanny Flop Drawers and Bossy Boots, well
all I can say is, thank heavens for little girls cause they grow up in a
most delightful way. I've met a few grown up Bossy Boots in my time I can
tell you!

Bossy Boots was a character in a British childrens TV show, (we didn't
have children's television in my day, we called it cartoons and puppet
shows), called Torchy The Battery Boy, ("Torchy, Torchy the battery boy,
I 'm a walking talking toy. Press my switch see my bulb start to gleam").
Probably these days, Torchy The Battery Boy would have different
connotations. I wonder if a whole generation of 60's schoolgirls grew up
to call their vibrators, Torchy.

Torchy lived in Topsy Turvy Land ruled by John Howard - I mean King
Dithers, (not much difference when you think about it). Definitely a
Freudian connection there dontcha think?

Torchy went back to Earth frequently, usually to teach Bossy Boots, a
particularly nasty spoilt Earthgirl, a lesson.

The show also had a character called Flopsy which is a bit of a worry,
and Sparky the Baby Dragon, (not going to say a word - honest:))

One episode was called, "Bossy Boots Is Taught A Lesson" which begs the
question, did this turn Torchy The Battery Boy on? Other titles
included, "Bad Boy Bogey"; "Bossy Boots Forgets To Be Good"; "The
Naughty Twins" and "Squish Falls Down A Well" which probably started the
fashion for kids falling down wells to be rescued in time for Prime Time
viewing.

Another such program was Twizzle. He had a very handy trick in that he
could extend his arms and legs. I always wished I could do that, but
nowadays I wish I could extend other things.

Twizzle was a boy doll who ran away from a toy shop. He soon joined
Footso, a little black cat with big paws. Together they built Stray Town,
where all the stray toys in the world could go and live in peace, safe
from a world where their young owners pulled them about and treated them
badly.

It would be nice to think that Governments could do that, but of course
"toys" don't vote or have the right contacts.

Among his friends was Candy Floss - a momma doll that couldn't say
"Momma", (I know a few dolls who can't say no); Bouncy The Ball who had
lost his bounce, (no I am not changing my nick to Bouncy!) and Chawky a
white faced golliwog. A pretty dysfunctional lot when you think about it.

One of the episodes was called The Naughty Girl. I always used to look
forward to episodes that had such titles!

Mike

Footnote: Both the above were produced by Gerry Anderson, producer of
programs ranging from Thunderbirds to Space 1999.

Links for Torchy
http://pioneer.crc.paragould.ar.us/~adam/fab/TO/tosounds.htm
http://www.toonarific.com/t/torchybatteryboy-episodes.html

Links for Torchy and Twizzle
http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/children/gerrya/gerrya.htm
Go on - Look at life from a New Perspective
"http://www.angelfire.com/ma/newperspectives/intro.html"

Pam Ma'am

Sep 3, 2001, 3:19:54 AM9/3/01

Just a note to say I love your posts (and the Eastenders.)

Pam

ssp...@webtv.net

Sep 3, 2001, 6:28:03 PM9/3/01
The Guv'nor said:

<<After experimenting with, Evan Elpu and Paul Ittlebottom,
(say it fast), I have decided to stick with The Guv'nor!
But K's thread, or
Fred, started me thinking about old schoolyard nicknames. I remember two names
that boys who were not as polite as me, frequently used on the girls. Fanny Flop
Draws and Bossy Boots. It is only now with the benefit of age, wisdom, aquired
knowledge and a pervert mind, that I realise these names appealed to me because
of their spanko connotations. When it comes to Fanny Flop Drawers and Bossy
Boots, well all I can say is, thank heavens for little girls cause they grow up
in a most delightful way. I've met a few grown up Bossy Boots in my time I can
tell you!>>

Well, I'm definitely partial to the Guv'nor :-) ! Makes me think
of Lord Warne (hey--wasn't he resurrected and where did he go???).

[...]

Watch it, Guv'nor :-) !! [Large flame furls from
mouth]

Don't know those programs, but the names remind me of Tom Terrific http://www.yesterdayland.com/popopedia/memories/show_mem.php?ID=SA1421 (with his mighty dog Manfred and the villains Crabby Appleton and Isotope Feeney). And I still get nostalgic for Fireball XL-5.

Spark
remembering the theme song from Fireball XL-5 was sung by someone who appeared to be a Steve Lawrence wannabe.

P&E

Get REAL at alt.spanking.reality.moderated!