OT: Question - Lippy That Stays On

The Guv'nor

Feb 27, 2003, 5:00:00 AM2/27/03
There are things I know about and things I don't. One of the latter is
lippy - lipstick.

I am looking for a good quality lipstick that stays on. Probably pink -
definitely not red. It seems most lipsticks either turn a different color
once open, or fail to stay on. I want one that stays on and stays the same
color as the display. "Endless" is no good for some reason, so that rules
that one out.

Right, you will need a few details:

Person for whom purchase is intended: Female
Age of above: Seventy or of you are religious, "Three Score Years and Ten"
Hair: Yes. Sort of white/silver. Went grey within three years of me being
born.
Skin: Fair but white when she answers the phone and people with official
sounding voices ask to speak to me.
Height: About this tall.

I know there are ladies on this group who have the necessary experience and
style to be able to help a helpless male (playing the helpless male bit
always works - like spending half an hour ironing one sleeve of a shirt in
front of a female.."Oh for heavens sake, let me do it" works every time. By
the time I get back from the footy, it's all done).

Mike

--

New Perspectives R.O.D.
http://www.angelfire.com/ma2/confessions/index.html

SG

Feb 27, 2003, 8:35:27 AM2/27/03

Oh, Guv'nor, you're inquiring about one of my favorite subjects,
lipstick!

Unfortunately, I have no experience with the color-stay lipsticks and
the "one" that I tried was so drying and quite irritating.

In some ways, I wish your mum would use a rich and creamy lipstick, but
it sounds like she wants a lipstick with staying power. ;)

My favorite lipsticks are from Bare Escentuals and I pretty much only
wear two shades, I mix "Beach" and "Iced Tea" and line my lips with an
Escentuals creamy neutral lip-liner.

If you'd like I could send you two pink shades from Bare Escentuals that
I have, "Petal" and "Belle", I won't wear them and your mum could give
them a try? Just let me know.

I would suggest giving Cover Girl Lipslicks a try, they offer a
moisturizing alternative, with a hint of gloss, not too sticky at all
(the "slick" can be misleading). I have a pink shade called "Princess"
that might look great on a lovely and elegant woman and I like to wear
it on weekends.

SG

Dawn

Feb 27, 2003, 2:22:58 PM2/27/03
My experience with those all day lipsticks are that the lipstick
itself does not actually stay. Instead it just stains your lips. This
leaves my lips feeling dry. Go for a moisturizing lipstick, like one
by Cover Girl™.

Dawn

The Guv'nor

Feb 28, 2003, 1:10:17 AM2/28/03

"SG" <Kitten...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Gee that's a sweet offer SG! but then you are a sweet lady:) Could you send
some talc as well because I can do with the publicity - "Outspoken Lane Cove
Businessman Receives White Powder In The Mail" !:)

The Guv'nor

Feb 28, 2003, 1:26:41 AM2/28/03

"Dawn" <Dawns_a...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> My experience with those all day lipsticks are that the lipstick
> itself does not actually stay. Instead it just stains your lips. This
> leaves my lips feeling dry. Go for a moisturizing lipstick, like one
> by Cover GirlT.

Thanks Dawn, I never knew all this was so complicated! Why don't they teach
things like this in school!

SG

Mar 1, 2003, 2:59:47 PM3/1/03

The Guv'nor wrote:
<<Gee that's a sweet offer SG! but then you are a sweet lady:) Could you
send some talc as well because I can do with the publicity - "Outspoken
Lane Cove Businessman Receives White Powder In The Mail" !:)>>

OMG, please don't joke about white powder because I also sent along a
"Serious Skin Care Blush Trio", of course, it isn't white powder, but
now I am worried. Just teasing about being worried, lol..

I've just sent the package off this morning and was told it'll take one
week to arrive!

Tres cool! ;)

Hugz,
SG

Spark Sspark

Mar 2, 2003, 3:24:28 PM3/2/03
I tend to agree with Dawn that most long-lasting lipsticks are more like
lip stains and sometimes look kind of awful once they've been on for a
while. However, this is the best one I've ever tried:

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?pfid=574071&club_id=574071&sz=0&sf=&dept=&cat=

Personally, I think that the best way to make lipstick stay on is to
color (not line) one's lips with a lip crayon and to apply regular
lipstick over the lip crayon. I've had the best results with that
method.

Spark
who thinks noticeable lip liner tends to make women look like evil dolls
:-)