I tracked for a moment

do...@63.usenet.us.com

Feb 15, 2007, 8:26:52 PM2/15/07
I tracked for a moment.
The sun was pointing directly at my array a few days ago.

I have two references that I have used,
http://www.gcstudio.com/suncalc.html and
http://solardat.uoregon.edu/SunChartProgram.html

I plot the error in azimuth, and the error in elevation, and merge the two,
which gives me a wavy line that somewhat follows my wattage on that day.
For January 27, it's a straight edged V, with ~0 elevation and ~0 azimuth
error at 14:30.

Where is the calculator that would be the reverse of suncalc? I'm looking
for something that would tell me when the sun is going to be at 214 az, 26
el, from my location at 38.8,-122.5.

--
---
http://cdold.home.mchsi.com/Solar-generation.htm $1643 avoided in 2006.

Anthony Matonak

Feb 15, 2007, 9:15:21 PM2/15/07
> Where is the calculator that would be the reverse of suncalc? I'm looking
> for something that would tell me when the sun is going to be at 214 az, 26
> el, from my location at 38.8,-122.5.

The University of Oregon SunChartProgram will do that.
It'll give you a chart showing where the sun will be
at any time during the entire year.

Anthony

do...@63.usenet.us.com

Feb 16, 2007, 12:28:42 PM2/16/07
Anthony Matonak <antho...@nothing.like.socal.rr.com> wrote:
> The University of Oregon SunChartProgram will do that.
> It'll give you a chart showing where the sun will be
> at any time during the entire year.

That's one that I used.
I looked at the pdf curve, and I can see the approximate time of day that
my alignment will occur. I can input a time, and see where the sun is.
I tried poking around at that a little, putting in different times.

I wanted to input the location of the sun, and get a time back.
It only happens twice a year. It looks like late January and early
November.