#Kerry demands Putsch prove he completed guard service

zepp

Apr 27, 2004, 10:23:07 AM4/27/04

<http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-4026009,00.html>

Kerry Demands Bush Prove Guard Service

Tuesday April 27, 2004 1:01 PM

By NEDRA PICKLER

Associated Press Writer

WHEELING, W.Va. (AP) - John Kerry, a decorated Navy veteran criticized
by Republicans for his anti-war activities during the Vietnam era,
lashed out at President Bush on Monday for failing to prove whether he
fulfilled his commitment to the National Guard during the same period.

Conservative critics have questioned whether Kerry deserved his three
Purple Hearts for battle wounds, an issue the Democratic presidential
candidate sought to put to rest last week by releasing his military
records. On Sunday, a top Bush adviser criticized Kerry for leading
anti-war protests after he returned from the battlefield.

``If George Bush wants to ask me questions about that through his
surrogates, he owes America an explanation about whether or not he
showed up for duty in the National Guard. Prove it. That's what we
ought to have,'' Kerry told NBC News in an interview. ``I'm not going
to stand around and let them play games.''

Kerry's direct criticism of Bush's Guard record reflected an
aggressive strategy to challenge the president. It came as Vice
President Dick Cheney used a speech in Missouri to question Kerry's
fitness to be commander in chief, and the Bush campaign launched a $10
million television ad campaign criticizing Kerry's Senate votes on
weapons systems.

During the primaries, Kerry often deflected questions about Bush's
military service although when asked in February whether Bush had
fulfilled his Vietnam-era commitment, the Democrat said, ``Just
because you get an honorable discharge does not in fact answer that
question.''

In 1992, as Democratic candidate Bill Clinton faced criticism for
avoiding service in Vietnam, Kerry said, ``We do not need to divide
America over who served and how. I have personally always believed
that many served in many different ways.''

Democrats have questioned whether Bush fulfilled his obligations to
the National Guard in spite of White House claims that he completed
his duty satisfactorily. Bush joined the Texas Air National Guard in
1968 and transferred to the Alabama Guard in 1972 while working on a
political campaign. How often Bush reported for duty in Alabama is
unclear.

Bush supporters have tried to turn Kerry's service in Vietnam - a
centerpiece of his Democratic campaign - against him even as they say
they honor his service to his country. Kerry released his medical
records when questioned about the extent of his war wounds, including
a report showing he still carries shrapnel in one leg.

That criticism silenced for the moment, Bush adviser Karen Hughes
turned to what Kerry did after returning from Vietnam. Hughes said
Sunday she was offended by Kerry's anti-war activities in 1971 and
accused him of not throwing back his medals when he and other veterans
protested in Washington.

``He only pretended to throw his,'' Hughes said in a CNN interview.
``Now, I can understand if, out of conscience, you take a principled
stand, and you would decide that you were so opposed to this that you
would actually throw your medals. But to pretend to do so - I think
that's very revealing.''

Kerry has never said he pretended to throw away his medals. For years,
he has said that he threw his ribbons over a fence at the Capitol, not
his three Purple Hearts, Bronze Star and Silver Star. He also has said
that after the protest he threw the medals of two other veterans.

Nearly 800 veterans ``gave back'' their medals, ribbons, dog tags and
other military items during a protest in April 1971. However, a tape
of a television interview Kerry gave shortly after the protest
suggested he had claimed that he also threw his medals.

In the exchange, aired Monday by ABC and published in The New York
Times, an interviewer asks Kerry, ``How many did you give back,
John?'' Kerry responds, ``I gave back, I can't remember, six, seven,
eight, nine.'' The host then notes that Kerry had won the Purple
Hearts, and Bronze and Silver stars. Kerry says, ``Well, and above
that, I gave back my others.''

Kerry told ABC on Monday that the terms ribbons and medals were
interchangeable. He accused Republicans of trying to discredit his
presidential campaign with a ``phony controversy.''

``The U.S. Navy pamphlet calls them medals,'' he said. ``We referred
to them as the symbols, they were representing medals, ribbons.
Countless veterans threw the ribbons back.''

Kerry was asked to reconcile two explanations for why he didn't throw
his own medals: He told The Washington Post in 1985 it was because he
didn't want to personally, and told the Boston Globe in 1996 that he
didn't have time to go home and get them.

``I've expressed that there was great, sort of, sense of wrenching
about the whole thing,'' Kerry told ABC's ``Good Morning America'' in
an interview Monday. He noted that the anti-war veterans were
conflicted over whether to throw them, and although they voted to do
so, ``I threw my ribbons. I didn't have my medals. It's very simple.''

The controversy over the medals overshadowed the start of Kerry's
three-day bus tour of four manufacturing states that are expected to
be pivotal in this year's election - West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio
and Michigan. Kerry began the tour in Wheeling, W.Va., with a speech
accusing Bush of failing to enforce trade rules that protect U.S.
workers.

^---

On the Net:

Kerry campaign: http://www.johnkerry.com
--
"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such a school has no
religious instruction

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.

http://www.zeppscommentaries.com
For news feed, http://yahoogroups/subscribe/zepps_news
For essays (please contribute!)
http:yahoogroups/subscribe/zepps_essays

-
"The State Department officially released its annual terrorism report
just a little more than an hour ago, but unlike last year, there's no
extensive mention of alleged terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden. A
senior State Department official tells CNN the U.S. government made a
mistake in focusing so much energy on bin Laden and 'personalizing
terrorism.'"

-- CNN, 4/30/2001.

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.
For the finest in liberal/leftist commentary,
http://www.zeppscommentaries.com
For news feed (free, 10-20 articles a day)
For essays (donations accepted, 2 articles/week)

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Apr 28, 2004, 7:50:38 AM4/28/04
zepp <zeppn...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

><http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-4026009,00.html>
>
>Kerry Demands Bush Prove Guard Service

I though Kerry said military service wasn't an issue?

JSL

David Galehouse

Apr 28, 2004, 7:56:27 AM4/28/04

"Jeffrey Scott Linder" <linde...@osu.edu> wrote in message

> zepp <zeppn...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
>

> ><http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-4026009,00.html>
> >
> >Kerry Demands Bush Prove Guard Service
>
> I though Kerry said military service wasn't an issue?

Are you slow? He did. He didn't bring up. Your side did. Should he not fight
back? (Although it's not fair because your side is unarmed).

Patrick

Apr 28, 2004, 7:58:22 AM4/28/04

"Jeffrey Scott Linder" <linde...@osu.edu> wrote in message
> zepp <zeppn...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
>

> ><http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-4026009,00.html>
> >
> >Kerry Demands Bush Prove Guard Service
>
> I though Kerry said military service wasn't an issue?

did you miss his qualification? or are you being purposely dense?

``If George Bush wants to ask me questions about that through his
surrogates, he owes America an explanation about whether or not he
showed up for duty in the National Guard. Prove it. That's what we
ought to have,'' Kerry told NBC News in an interview. ``I'm not going
to stand around and let them play games.''

in other words...if you arent gonna shut up about this i'm going to go after
you.

zepp

Apr 28, 2004, 8:33:39 AM4/28/04
On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:58:22 -0400, "Patrick" <p...@netscape.net>
wrote:

>"Jeffrey Scott Linder" <linde...@osu.edu> wrote in message
>> zepp <zeppn...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
>>

>> ><http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-4026009,00.html>
>> >
>> >Kerry Demands Bush Prove Guard Service
>>
>> I though Kerry said military service wasn't an issue?
>>
>did you miss his qualification? or are you being purposely dense?
>
>``If George Bush wants to ask me questions about that through his
>surrogates, he owes America an explanation about whether or not he
>showed up for duty in the National Guard. Prove it. That's what we
>ought to have,'' Kerry told NBC News in an interview. ``I'm not going
>to stand around and let them play games.''
>
>in other words...if you arent gonna shut up about this i'm going to go after
>you.

That should make Jeffy scamper away.

I posted the nine questions just a few minutes ago. Here they are
again:

9 KEY UNANSWERED QUESTIONS: Bush's Record In The National Guard

April 27, 2004

For Immediate Release

"If George Bush wants to ask me questions about that through his
surrogates, he owes America an explanation about whether or not he
showed up for duty in the National Guard. Prove it. That's what we

ought to have. I'm not going to stand around and let them play games."
-- John Kerry, NBC News, 4/26/04

1) Bush Has Said He Used No Special Treatment To Get Into The Guard.
How Does He Explain The Fact That He Jumped Ahead Of 150 Applicants
Despite Low Pilot Aptitude Scores?

2) Col. Albert Lloyd Said A Report From Alabama To Ellington Should
Have Been Filed. Where Is That Report?

3) Why Did Bush Miss His Medical Exam In 1972?

4) Where Are The Complete Results Of The Required Investigation Into
Bush's Absence From The Exam?

5) Why Did Bush Specifically Request To NOT Be Sent Overseas For Duty?

6) Why Does The White House Say Bush Was On Base When Bush's Superiors
Had Filed A Report Saying He Was Gone For A Whole Year?

7) Why Is The Pentagon Under Orders To Not Discuss Bush?s Record With
Reporters?

8) Where Are Bush?s Flight Logs?

9) Why Hasn't Bush Himself Demonstrated That He Showed Up For Service
in
Alabama?

http://johnkerry.com/pressroom/releases/pr_2004_0427b.html

zepp

Apr 28, 2004, 8:34:55 AM4/28/04

Here's what Kerry said, jeffy:

[...]

zepp

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Apr 28, 2004, 11:09:53 AM4/28/04
"David Galehouse" <David.A....@lexis-nexis.com> wrote:

So now it is an issue? If it isn't an issue then why fight back
unless he feels vulnerable?

JSL

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Apr 28, 2004, 11:13:58 AM4/28/04
zepp <zeppn...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:58:22 -0400, "Patrick" <p...@netscape.net>
>wrote:
>

>>"Jeffrey Scott Linder" <linde...@osu.edu> wrote in message

>>> I though Kerry said military service wasn't an issue?
>>>
>>did you miss his qualification? or are you being purposely dense?
>>
>>``If George Bush wants to ask me questions about that through his
>>surrogates, he owes America an explanation about whether or not he
>>showed up for duty in the National Guard. Prove it. That's what we
>>ought to have,'' Kerry told NBC News in an interview. ``I'm not going
>>to stand around and let them play games.''
>>
>>in other words...if you arent gonna shut up about this i'm going to go after
>>you.
>
>That should make Jeffy scamper away.

Have you seen me question Kerry's service?

JSL

David Galehouse

Apr 28, 2004, 11:21:03 AM4/28/04

"Jeffrey Scott Linder" <linde...@osu.edu> wrote in message

Jeffrey. Come here...a little closer...little closer...just a little bit
closer...<SMACK>!

You're too stupid to have this conversation with. Carry on.

Jeffrey Scott Linder

Apr 29, 2004, 7:14:32 AM4/29/04
"David Galehouse" <David.A....@lexis-nexis.com> wrote:

>"Jeffrey Scott Linder" <linde...@osu.edu> wrote in message
>> "David Galehouse" <David.A....@lexis-nexis.com> wrote:
>>

>> >"Jeffrey Scott Linder" <linde...@osu.edu> wrote in message

>> >Are you slow? He did. He didn't bring up. Your side did. Should he not
>fight
>> >back? (Although it's not fair because your side is unarmed).
>>
>> So now it is an issue? If it isn't an issue then why fight back
>> unless he feels vulnerable?
>>
>> JSL
>
>Jeffrey. Come here...a little closer...little closer...just a little bit
>closer...<SMACK>!
>

>You're too stupid to have this conversation with. Carry on.

I see, it is an issue Kerry feels vulnerable on...

JSL

mondaymorning

May 1, 2004, 10:16:03 AM5/1/04
Kerry has run his campaign on the fact that he is a *decorated war hero*.
Bush did not.
For that reason I don't care about Bush's military record but since Kerry
touts his he brings it on himself to have them scrutinized.

George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.

May 1, 2004, 10:36:57 AM5/1/04
On Sat, 01 May 2004 14:16:03 GMT, "mondaymorning"
<arh...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>Kerry has run his campaign on the fact that he is a *decorated war hero*.

Bush "I am a war president."

So how does he do in time of war?

Also, Republicans, in 1992, said being a draft dodger makes one unfit
to serve as PResident. Don't these folks have the right to know the
truth about President Bush?

Do I think it matters? No.

I think Bush was a chicken and a deserter, and Kerry was a war hero,
and that difference has very little importance now, so many years
later.

I think Kerry's willingness to protest the war is a big plus. We need
someone who will tell us the truth.

And I think President Bush lies about war.

zepp

May 1, 2004, 12:20:00 PM5/1/04
<arh...@prodigy.net> wrote:

>Kerry has run his campaign on the fact that he is a *decorated war hero*.
>Bush did not.

Actually, it's the hypocritical chickenhawks of the Republican Rapture
Right who have made an issue of Kerry's decorations. Penis envy,
perhaps.

>For that reason I don't care about Bush's military record but since Kerry
>touts his he brings it on himself to have them scrutinized.

There's no military record to care about. Putsch was a cowardly,
skulking little toy soldier in the toy air national guard, and he was
too drunk and stoned to even manage that perferential duty.

mondaymorning

May 1, 2004, 3:42:34 PM5/1/04

"George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr." <tyre...@commiemartyrs.edu> wrote in message

However there are many who think Kerry didn't tell the truth.

warren stupidity

May 1, 2004, 3:53:13 PM5/1/04

Sure are. With 180M+ to spend on the smear campaign there are lots of
RNC agents and wannabe-dittoheaded-agents doing everything they can
to: a) smear kerry, and b) avoid talking about the awful failures of
the bush administration.

You sure aren't alone.

The Washington NeoClowns can't even get their clown
shoes on right, and there is no wrong way to do that.

==
Mark Roddy

"Further, the process of transformation,
even if it brings revolutionary change, is
likely to be a long one, absent some
catastrophic and catalyzing event like a
new Pearl Harbor."

-- Project for a New American Century,
-- the neocon cabal's blueprint for world empire.
http://www.newamericancentury.org

George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr.

May 1, 2004, 3:36:46 PM5/1/04
On Sat, 01 May 2004 09:20:00 -0700, zepp <zeppn...@finestplanet.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 01 May 2004 14:16:03 GMT, "mondaymorning"
><arh...@prodigy.net> wrote:
>
>>Kerry has run his campaign on the fact that he is a *decorated war hero*.
>>Bush did not.
>
>Actually, it's the hypocritical chickenhawks of the Republican Rapture
>Right who have made an issue of Kerry's decorations. Penis envy,
>perhaps.
>
>>For that reason I don't care about Bush's military record but since Kerry
>>touts his he brings it on himself to have them scrutinized.
>
>There's no military record to care about. Putsch was a cowardly,
>skulking little toy soldier in the toy air national guard, and he was
>too drunk and stoned to even manage that perferential duty.

But remember, he was ready to go if called up and sent to Viet Nam. He
says now. ANd something like 8000 out of more than two million were
so directed to go there.

zepp

May 1, 2004, 5:07:56 PM5/1/04
On Sat, 01 May 2004 19:42:34 GMT, "mondaymorning"
<arh...@prodigy.net> wrote:

yeah. Same fucking morons who got us trapped in Vietnam and are
repeating that mistake now.

zepp

May 1, 2004, 5:38:56 PM5/1/04
On Sat, 01 May 2004 12:36:46 -0700, "George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr."
<tyre...@commiemartyrs.edu> wrote:

>On Sat, 01 May 2004 09:20:00 -0700, zepp <zeppn...@finestplanet.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 01 May 2004 14:16:03 GMT, "mondaymorning"
>><arh...@prodigy.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Kerry has run his campaign on the fact that he is a *decorated war hero*.
>>>Bush did not.
>>
>>Actually, it's the hypocritical chickenhawks of the Republican Rapture
>>Right who have made an issue of Kerry's decorations. Penis envy,
>>perhaps.
>>
>>>For that reason I don't care about Bush's military record but since Kerry
>>>touts his he brings it on himself to have them scrutinized.
>>
>>There's no military record to care about. Putsch was a cowardly,
>>skulking little toy soldier in the toy air national guard, and he was
>>too drunk and stoned to even manage that perferential duty.
>
>But remember, he was ready to go if called up and sent to Viet Nam. He
>says now. ANd something like 8000 out of more than two million were
>so directed to go there.

At that, he's an improvement over Tom DeLay, who once whined that he
wanted to be drafted, but that "minorities" had already filled all the
spots available.

qwerty

May 1, 2004, 9:33:39 PM5/1/04

> On Sat, 01 May 2004 09:20:00 -0700, zepp <zeppn...@finestplanet.com>
> wrote:

> But remember, he was ready to go if called up and sent to Viet Nam. He
> says now. ANd something like 8000 out of more than two million were
> so directed to go there.

LOL, but remember there was almost no chance of Bush ever being sent to
Vietnam. Even using YOUR statistics, (8000/2000000)*100 = 0.4% or 1 in 250
chance of going al all! Even if he had been sent; out of the 58,128 KIA's
in Vietnam only 97 were in the NG and only 9 were in the Air National Guard!

http://thewall-usa.com/stats/index.html

Steve Canyon

May 2, 2004, 8:13:02 AM5/2/04
On Sat, 01 May 2004 14:07:56 -0700, zepp <zeppn...@finestplanet.com>
wrote:

>On Sat, 01 May 2004 19:42:34 GMT, "mondaymorning"
><arh...@prodigy.net> wrote:
>

>>"George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr." <tyre...@commiemartyrs.edu> wrote in message

>>> Bush "I am a war president."
>>>
>>> So how does he do in time of war?
>>>
>>> Also, Republicans, in 1992, said being a draft dodger makes one unfit
>>> to serve as PResident. Don't these folks have the right to know the
>>> truth about President Bush?
>>>
>>> Do I think it matters? No.
>>>
>>> I think Bush was a chicken and a deserter, and Kerry was a war hero,
>>> and that difference has very little importance now, so many years
>>> later.
>>>
>>> I think Kerry's willingness to protest the war is a big plus. We need
>>> someone who will tell us the truth.
>>>
>>> And I think President Bush lies about war.
>>

>>However there are many who think Kerry didn't tell the truth.
>
>yeah. Same fucking morons who got us trapped in Vietnam and are
>repeating that mistake now.

Us? <LOL> There goes old Zepp pretending to be one of "us" again.
Zepp is a "wanna-be" American.

----

"Well, that's the funny thing about terrorists. If they get what they
want, they stop being terrorists."

--Zepp Jamieson explaining how he'd deal with terrorists if they were
trying to kill one of his family members
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=q5sc50lf1id03ms1i9truk78v2dk6052f5%404ax.com

"The South couldn't taken any more of the Missouri Compromise,
sensing (correctly) that it would kill slavery in the end,
and Lincoln planned to uphold it."

--Zepp Jamieson showing that he didn't know that the Missouri compromise
had been both repealed and declared uncosntitutional long before Lincoln
was elected.
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=9j2n5vsqfga7l2fsrt0polt2eg6lqs71hv%404ax.com

"No person pays corporate taxes. The corporation pays those."
"the corporation is not made up of people. It is made up of paper."

--Milt Shook explaining why he wouldn't mind if the taxes were quadrupled
on the corporation he says he created
http://www.google.com/groups?safe=images&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&as_umsgid=8c046319.0403172013.7bb7c449%40posting.google.com

"The law doesn't "allow" any gender discrimination."

--Milt Shook presumably explaining the "diversity" in his dating habits
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=prqdnVQM8LfCsdLdRVn-ig%40comcast.com

"Attacking the movie? Not me."
"The only criticism I have of it is that it sounds like a slasher movie"
"But it sounds like the movie is just one pornographic exercise in pain
and suffering"
"....allowing in slo-mo blood spatters like Gibson does."

--Mike Ross protesting too much while venting his displeasure over the
fact that Mel Gibson's movie is a big hit
http://www.google.com/groups?selm=m0c150195ov0ucjrq3qooifk5776h33hnm%404ax.com

"Those are 187 Salomons and I know how to use them."
"There's a good reason that pretty much _everyone_ has abandoned the
long straight skis nowadays"

--Arne Langsetno bragging about his skiing ability, then, showing that
he doesn't even know that skis have never been "straight" and that you
could never perform the carving turns that advanced skiers do on straight
skis.

http://www.google.com/groups?selm=fF08c.53759%24aT1.41227%40newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net

Michael Ejercito

May 2, 2004, 5:03:41 PM5/2/04
zepp <zeppn...@finestplanet.com> wrote in message news:<bc489059kh1lvt2u7...@4ax.com>...

> On Sat, 01 May 2004 19:42:34 GMT, "mondaymorning"
> <arh...@prodigy.net> wrote:
>

> >"George Leroy Tyrebiter, Jr." <tyre...@commiemartyrs.edu> wrote in message

> >> Bush "I am a war president."
> >>
> >> So how does he do in time of war?
> >>
> >> Also, Republicans, in 1992, said being a draft dodger makes one unfit
> >> to serve as PResident. Don't these folks have the right to know the
> >> truth about President Bush?
> >>
> >> Do I think it matters? No.
> >>
> >> I think Bush was a chicken and a deserter, and Kerry was a war hero,
> >> and that difference has very little importance now, so many years
> >> later.
> >>
> >> I think Kerry's willingness to protest the war is a big plus. We need
> >> someone who will tell us the truth.
> >>
> >> And I think President Bush lies about war.
> >

> >However there are many who think Kerry didn't tell the truth.
>
> yeah. Same fucking morons who got us trapped in Vietnam and are
> repeating that mistake now.
You are not a part of "us", Osama bin Zeppalien.

Michael