GAO Finds That ACORN Spent $40M Properly: GOPers Shriek, Dems Hide & Progressives Hang Heads In Shame

The Lone Weasel

Jun 18, 2010, 11:17:40 AM6/18/10
[begin excerpts]

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d10648r.pdf

The GAO found in a report released Tuesday that nearly $40 million in
contracts awarded ACORN by a myriad of federal agencies was spent
properly. The report also revealed that the group had not violated any
federal campaign laws related to voter registration, an oft repeated
claim of the right wing media critics like Beck and Limbaugh.

The report was commissioned by Congress as both parties voted to ban
federal funding for the group after selectively edited videos were
released depicting ACORN employees counseling two right-wing
provocateurs posing as a college student and a prostitute.

The ban was later ruled unconstitutional.

But the report comes too late, Lewis said, to completely salvage the
reputation of the organization that was relentlessly attacked by
conservative commentators like Beck as corrupt.

Lewis laid some of the blame for the group’s demise on the lack of
support from Democrats and progressives, who she said failed to
support the group and voted for the funding ban.

“It just pisses me off that the right can get away with attacks on the
organization while the left and progressives just stood by and did
nothing to defend us.”

The report bolsters her argument that entire campaign was to
neutralize the group’s efforts to register poor and minority voters,
Lewis said.

“When we began to register poor people to vote we became an issue,
that’s when the Republicans started coming after us,” she continued.
“Remember, we’ve been accused of stealing the election for Obama.”

Key to reviving the group’s mission is a lawsuit currently on appeal
in federal court arguing the ban on funding was unconstitutional.

Lewis said the ban amounts to a “bill of attainder” when a legislature
accuses a group or a person of crime without the benefit of a trial.
The constitution specifically bans the practice, and a federal judge
recently ruled in ACORN’s favor granting a temporary injunction of the
ban.

The ban has effectively prevented former associates of ACORN from
applying for federal funding. If not overturned, similar bans could
be aimed at other activist groups.

“If this is allowed to stand, a politician could get a government ban
on a person or group and single them out.”

Lewis was also critical of the Obama administration's continued effort
to fight the lawsuit by filing appeals.

“It’s politics pure and simple,” she said. “They’re scared.”

A hearing is scheduled on the Justice Department’s appeal June 24 in
the Second Circuit Court of Appeals in New York.

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0618/exclusive/

[end excerpts]

--

NRACLAPTRAP

betweentheeyes

Jun 18, 2010, 11:28:06 AM6/18/10
"The Lone Weasel" <lee...@gmail.com> wrote in message
[begin excerpts]

<snip>

gun group numb nuts

The Lone Weasel

Jun 18, 2010, 11:47:58 AM6/18/10
On Jun 18, 10:28 am, "betweentheeyes"
<betweenthee...@defendingThe2nd.org> wrote:

[begin excerpts]

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d10648r.pdf

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0618/exclusive/

[end excerpts]

> gun group numb nuts

Have you ever smeared ACORN'S good name accusing them of crimes they
never committed, between-the-nose?

You say you're defending the Second Amendment. And yet you infringe
real First Amendment rights so you can have fake Second Amendment
privileges?

ACORN will be back, maybe under another name, but they'll be back
helping the poor get registered to vote and get to the polling place
on election day...

While you stay home drinking Old Yellowstone & Mountain Dew...

POINT PROVEN!

Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh.

--

NRACLAPTRAP

betweentheeyes

Jun 18, 2010, 12:12:11 PM6/18/10

On Jun 18, 10:28 am, "betweentheeyes"
<betweenthee...@defendingThe2nd.org> wrote:
<snip>

> gun group numb nuts

<snip>

You say you're defending the Second Amendment. And yet you infringe
real First Amendment rights so you can have fake Second Amendment
privileges?

<snip>

You debating the issue of off topic cross posting on 1st amendment grounds
is bizarre. You do not think sanely.

I'd say you lose respect from everyone in the news groups for cross posting,
but you are so far beyond losing respect and into the realm of cross posting
troll, that I'd be laughed at for saying it.

You believe you can do anything you want. You can't.

5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09

Jun 18, 2010, 12:29:23 PM6/18/10

liberal politics group, gun cunt

RD Sandman

Jun 18, 2010, 1:20:28 PM6/18/10

423b72...@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

>>[begin excerpts]
>>
>><snip>
>>
>>gun group numb nuts
>
> liberal politics group, gun cunt

Not talk.politics.guns. Think before you post.

--
Sleep well tonight,

RD (The Sandman)

Life is like a bowl of habeneros...what you do today
may well burn your ass tomorrow.

Conan the Barabarian

Jun 18, 2010, 2:12:54 PM6/18/10
"5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:28:06 -0400, "betweentheeyes"

Kill yourself, freak show.

--
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation
of their women.

Gray Ghost

Jun 18, 2010, 2:13:19 PM6/18/10
RD Sandman <rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote in

> "5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:28:06 -0400, "betweentheeyes"
>> <between...@defendingThe2nd.org> wrote:
>>
>>>"The Lone Weasel" <lee...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> 423b72...@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...
>>>[begin excerpts]
>>>
>>><snip>
>>>
>>>gun group numb nuts
>>
>> liberal politics group, gun cunt
>
> Not talk.politics.guns. Think before you post.

You're assuming he can think.

--
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be
construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be

裕homas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823

Gray Ghost

Jun 18, 2010, 2:15:25 PM6/18/10
The Lone Weasel <lee...@gmail.com> wrote in news:aea7a064-887a-4812-b577-
423b72...@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com:

Wow! a group that encourges child prostituion and the importation of child for
the purpose of prostitution spent government money properly. I'm so impressed,
let's give them more money.

Actually they should be razed and the earth where they stood salted.

--
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be
construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be
sought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything
or nothing at pleasure."

—Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823

5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09

Jun 18, 2010, 2:18:38 PM6/18/10
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:20:28 -0500, RD Sandman
<rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote:

>"5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:28:06 -0400, "betweentheeyes"
>> <between...@defendingThe2nd.org> wrote:
>>
>>>"The Lone Weasel" <lee...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>423b72...@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...
>>>[begin excerpts]
>>>
>>><snip>
>>>
>>>gun group numb nuts
>>
>> liberal politics group, gun cunt
>
>Not talk.politics.guns. Think before you post.

\
Wasn't me, bubbles. And I sure didn't show up like a wet hen to whine
about the sanctity of some goddam gun group I don't give a fuck about,
obsessively and repeatedly.

Why don't you teach your pet moron "betweentheeyes" how to use a
filter?

Gray Ghost

Jun 18, 2010, 2:27:50 PM6/18/10
"5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

Wet hens don't whine, numbnuts. Progressive OTOH lie and whine often at the
same time. Don't you dumbasses know anything?

5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09

Jun 18, 2010, 2:57:25 PM6/18/10
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:13:19 -0500, grey_ghost47...@yahoo.com
(Gray Ghost) wrote:

>RD Sandman <rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote in
>
>> "5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

>> 423b72...@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

>>> liberal politics group, gun cunt
>>
>> Not talk.politics.guns. Think before you post.
>>

>You're assuming he can think.

My goodness, can't you gun cunts do ANYTHING other than bleat
ineffectually at your betters?

5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09

Jun 18, 2010, 2:58:57 PM6/18/10

OK, so you're a TALENTED gun cunt who can whine and cluck at the same
time. We're all very, very impressed with your talent.

JohnJohnsn

Jun 18, 2010, 3:33:48 PM6/18/10
On Jun 18, 12:20 pm, RD Sandman <rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote:

> "5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:28:06 -0400, "betweentheeyes"

>> <betweenthee...@defendingThe2nd.org> wrote:
>
>>> "The Lyin' Weasel" <leeharrison@<LeeHa...@propagandists.bradycampaign.org> wrote
>>> in message

>>> [begin excerpts]
>
>>> <snip>
>
>>> gun group numb nuts
>
>> liberal politics group, gun cunt
>
> Not talk.politics.guns.  Think before you post.

Actually, you have to look at all the groups "The Lyin' Racist Weasel"
Lee Harrison cross-posted this to:

talk.politics.guns, alt.society.liberalism, talk.politics.misc

RD Sandman

Jun 18, 2010, 3:38:46 PM6/18/10
grey_ghost47...@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost) wrote in

> RD Sandman <rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote in
>
>> "5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

>> 423b72...@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

>>> liberal politics group, gun cunt
>>
>> Not talk.politics.guns. Think before you post.
>>

> You're assuming he can think.

Perhaps, I jumped the gun on that one. ;)

--
Sleep well tonight,

RD (The Sandman)

Those with the biggest mouths about taking guns away, must also have the
smallest balls since they always have to have someone else do it for
them.

RD Sandman

Jun 18, 2010, 3:39:19 PM6/18/10
"5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

Speaking of bleating....how is your girl friend?

--
Sleep well tonight,

RD (The Sandman)

Those with the biggest mouths about taking guns away, must also have the

RD Sandman

Jun 18, 2010, 3:40:47 PM6/18/10
"5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:20:28 -0500, RD Sandman
> <rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote:
>
>>"5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

>>423b72...@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com...

>>> liberal politics group, gun cunt
>>
>>Not talk.politics.guns. Think before you post.
> \
> Wasn't me, bubbles.

Amazing how my newsreader simply came up with your name out of the clear
blue. Oh, well.....

And I sure didn't show up like a wet hen to whine
> about the sanctity of some goddam gun group I don't give a fuck about,
> obsessively and repeatedly.

Then why do you keep posting in here?

> Why don't you teach your pet moron "betweentheeyes" how to use a
> filter?

Apparently, you need a few lessons yourself.

--
Sleep well tonight,

RD (The Sandman)

Those with the biggest mouths about taking guns away, must also have the

RD Sandman

Jun 18, 2010, 3:56:10 PM6/18/10
JohnJohnsn <TopCo...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Jun 18, 12:20�pm, RD Sandman <rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote:
>
>> "5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

> n.org> wrote
> ..

>>> liberal politics group, gun cunt
>>
>> Not talk.politics.guns. �Think before you post.
>
> Actually, you have to look at all the groups "The Lyin' Racist Weasel"
> Lee Harrison cross-posted this to:
>
> talk.politics.guns, alt.society.liberalism, talk.politics.misc

I was only addressing the comment about "liberal politics group". Since
I only read TPG, I thought it was a funny, although out of place comment.

--
Sleep well tonight,

RD (The Sandman)

Those with the biggest mouths about taking guns away, must also have the

The Lone Weasel

Jun 18, 2010, 6:20:26 PM6/18/10
On Jun 18, 11:50 am, Klaus Schadenfreude
<klausschadenfre...@yahoo.com> wrote:

[begin excerpts]

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d10648r.pdf

http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0618/exclusive/

[end excerpts]

POINT PROVEN!

> Another 20 days in the bozo bin for off-topic posting.

For the first time I wanted to thank you for something - even though
WINE is still in beta and doesn't quite support the OED, I can hang on
to Windows until Ubuntu gets better or maybe I could use another Linux
distro. So thanks, Bobby.

And nobody better tell him.

--

NRACLAPTRAP

Phlip

Jun 18, 2010, 6:30:30 PM6/18/10
> The GAO found in a report released Tuesday that nearly $40 million in
> contracts awarded ACORN by a myriad of federal agencies was spent
> properly.

Is Ken Lay still in jail? The one playing fast-n-loose with campaign
finance funds?

Phlip

Jun 18, 2010, 6:44:47 PM6/18/10

OMG I meant Tom Delay. NVM!

Steve

Jun 18, 2010, 6:53:54 PM6/18/10

<ROTFL> The fact that ACORN has ceased to exist speaks to that
effectiveness...

Phlip

Jun 18, 2010, 7:03:43 PM6/18/10
On Jun 18, 3:53 pm, Steve <stevencan...@yahooooo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 11:57:25 -0700, "5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09"
>

> <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote:
> >On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:13:19 -0500, grey_ghost471-newsgro...@yahoo.com

> >(Gray Ghost) wrote:
>
> >>RD Sandman <rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote in

> >>You're assuming he can think.
>
> >My goodness, can't you gun cunts do ANYTHING other than bleat
> >ineffectually at your betters?
>
> <ROTFL>  The fact that ACORN has ceased to exist speaks to that
> effectiveness...

They announced they were suspending operations on April 1st.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 18, 2010, 9:31:27 PM6/18/10

And there's the difference between a right wing cunt and an actual
American: the American would be troubled that people innocent of any
wrongdoing were destroyed by demagogues and smear artists.

ozark...@yahoo.com

Jun 18, 2010, 10:29:31 PM6/18/10

No doubt; criminals are persistent.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 18, 2010, 10:32:56 PM6/18/10

And I'm sure you criminals will try to smear whoever replaces ACORN as
well.

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 1:56:30 AM6/19/10
"5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

Listen trash, you ain't better than anything in my life, by a long shot.

Go immolate to protest the dead you coward.

--
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be
construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be
sought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything
or nothing at pleasure."

—Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 1:57:09 AM6/19/10

> "5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:13:19 -0500, grey_ghost47...@yahoo.com
>> (Gray Ghost) wrote:
>>
>>>RD Sandman <rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote in

>>>You're assuming he can think.
>>
>> My goodness, can't you gun cunts do ANYTHING other than bleat
>> ineffectually at your betters?
>>

> Speaking of bleating....how is your girl friend?

Ohhhhhhhh! Rim shot to go please.

--
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be
construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be
sought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything
or nothing at pleasure."

�Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 2:00:06 AM6/19/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in

Innocent? You mean the same people caught on tape conspiring to commit child
prostitution and importing children for prostitution and who DIDN'T call any
law enforcement agency about it?

You mean those innocent people?

He bagged enough of them, in widely separated areas. If garbage like that was
present in those numbers the entire operation is corrupt.

How many people do you know that support and encourge child prostitution? I
mean besides ACORN.

--
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be
construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be
sought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything
or nothing at pleasure."

�Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 2:01:03 AM6/19/10
"5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

Are you still alive? I thought you were going to torch yourself on the capital
steps to protest Obama's war.

Steve

Jun 19, 2010, 5:24:24 AM6/19/10

Real Americans were glad to see the dishonest and corrupt ACORN cut
off at the knees.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 19, 2010, 10:09:24 AM6/19/10

Still projecting your futile rage at the world, bubbles?

Get help.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 19, 2010, 10:09:59 AM6/19/10
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 01:00:06 -0500, Gray Ghost wrote:

> "5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in

>>> They announced they were suspending operations on April 1st.
>>
>> And there's the difference between a right wing cunt and an actual
>> American: the American would be troubled that people innocent of any
>> wrongdoing were destroyed by demagogues and smear artists.
>>

> Innocent? You mean the same people caught on tape conspiring to commit
> child prostitution and importing children for prostitution and who
> DIDN'T call any law enforcement agency about it?

The tape was faked. O'Keefe is a liar and a fraud.

Much like yourself.

Phlip

Jun 19, 2010, 10:41:23 AM6/19/10
On Jun 19, 7:09 am, "5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09"
<dea...@deadduz.com> wrote:

> > Innocent? You mean the same people caught on tape conspiring to commit
> > child prostitution and importing children for prostitution and who
> > DIDN'T call any law enforcement agency about it?
>
> The tape was faked.

Faking the tape should have been the news story. Brietbart should have
made 60 Minutes, to drool and dissemble on a real news show.

But they're not, so it wasn't.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 19, 2010, 11:11:12 AM6/19/10

Sixty Minutes tried to get O'Keefe and Brietbart on their show, and they
flatly refused.

No matter. Their viciousness and dishonesty is now public knowledge.

Steve

Jun 19, 2010, 12:41:47 PM6/19/10
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 09:09:59 -0500, "5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09"
<dea...@deadduz.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 01:00:06 -0500, Gray Ghost wrote:
>
>> "5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in

>>> And there's the difference between a right wing cunt and an actual
>>> American: the American would be troubled that people innocent of any
>>> wrongdoing were destroyed by demagogues and smear artists.
>>>

>> Innocent? You mean the same people caught on tape conspiring to commit
>> child prostitution and importing children for prostitution and who
>> DIDN'T call any law enforcement agency about it?
>
>The tape was faked. O'Keefe is a liar and a fraud.

Zepp's fantasies are so vivid...

RD Sandman

Jun 19, 2010, 1:47:34 PM6/19/10
Steve <steven...@yahooooo.com> wrote in

All ACORN really did was to resurface under different names.

Steve

Jun 19, 2010, 1:50:01 PM6/19/10

With about 1/10 of their previous influence...

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 1:56:30 PM6/19/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in

And you can prove that. Even though ACORN never denied what was on tapes? Even
though they took action against some of the employees?

But then again aren't you a 9/11 Truther?

> Much like yourself.
>>
>> You mean those innocent people?
>>
>> He bagged enough of them, in widely separated areas. If garbage like
>> that was present in those numbers the entire operation is corrupt.
>>
>> How many people do you know that support and encourge child
>> prostitution? I mean besides ACORN.

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 1:59:35 PM6/19/10
Phlip <phli...@gmail.com> wrote in news:21bab0ec-59de-48f3-ac1a-98a0341c5a54
@k13g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

Another Truther! You have proof that the tape was faked? Some sort of
technical proof? It seems to me ACORN would have terrific cause of action
Keith and Breitbart for libel. But they didn't.

One can assume that you approve of child prostitution. Do you often fuck 10 yo
girls?

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 2:02:34 PM6/19/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in

60 Minutes is not known for it's objectivity.

OTOH ACORN could have sued the crap out of them for Libel. But they didn't.
Somehting about truth being an absolute defense.

Do you really think that a national organization accused of facilitating child
prostitution would not sue the accusers if the charge was false? I would have
gone after Breitbart hammer and tong.

But they didn't.

You are either into pimping kiddies or you are incredibly stupid.

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 2:03:42 PM6/19/10
Steve <steven...@yahooooo.com> wrote in

I think his fantasies revolved around visting the whorehouse after it was set
up to get his hands on some of the young stuff.

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 2:04:37 PM6/19/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in

Wassamatta, don't have 2.79 for a gallon of gas. The matches are usually free.

5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09

Jun 19, 2010, 2:26:41 PM6/19/10

ACORN vehemently denied the depiction of the tapes. And you can
Google the Congressional report from the day before yesterday, or the
reports from three seperate DA's offices, in Maryland, New York, and
California, regarding thier findings on those tapes. You can also
Google O'Keefe's televised admission that he never went in to the
interviews dressed as a pimp.

>But then again aren't you a 9/11 Truther?

Nope, and stop trying to change the subject. If you feel you lost the
debate, man up and admit it.

5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09

Jun 19, 2010, 2:27:36 PM6/19/10
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:59:35 -0500, grey_ghost47...@yahoo.com
(Gray Ghost) wrote:

>Phlip <phli...@gmail.com> wrote in news:21bab0ec-59de-48f3-ac1a-98a0341c5a54
>@k13g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

>>> The tape was faked.
>>
>> Faking the tape should have been the news story. Brietbart should have
>> made 60 Minutes, to drool and dissemble on a real news show.
>>
>> But they're not, so it wasn't.
>>

>Another Truther! You have proof that the tape was faked? Some sort of
>technical proof? It seems to me ACORN would have terrific cause of action
>Keith and Breitbart for libel. But they didn't.

Some of the people who appeared on thos tapes have terrific suits.

>One can assume that you approve of child prostitution. Do you often fuck 10 yo
>girls?

Go fuck your mother, you little demogogue.

5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09

Jun 19, 2010, 2:29:15 PM6/19/10

Ah. So you're just another sock puppet for the child molester. Well,
that make it easy, doesn't it?

5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09

Jun 19, 2010, 2:39:37 PM6/19/10

Yes. You idiots covered yourselves in shit, and accomplished nothing.

RD Sandman

Jun 19, 2010, 2:53:14 PM6/19/10

newsg...@yahoo.com

>>> <ROTFL> The fact that ACORN has ceased to exist speaks to that
>>> effectiveness...
>>>

>>All ACORN really did was to resurface under different names.
>
> With about 1/10 of their previous influence...

They'll get it back. ;(

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 2:53:31 PM6/19/10
"5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

And yet ACORN necer sued Breitbart for libel. Interesting.

RD Sandman

Jun 19, 2010, 2:53:37 PM6/19/10

> On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:47:34 -0500, RD Sandman
> <rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote:
>
>>Steve <steven...@yahooooo.com> wrote in

newsg...@yahoo.com

>>> <ROTFL> The fact that ACORN has ceased to exist speaks to that
>>> effectiveness...
>>>

>>All ACORN really did was to resurface under different names.
>
> Yes. You idiots covered yourselves in shit, and accomplished nothing.

I didn't do anything. Sorry, slick.

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 2:55:10 PM6/19/10
"5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

Second Law of Leftist Debate
The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his
preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it
without losing face the chance of him using vulgarity and profanity in an
effort to "shout down" his tormentor approaches infinity.

And yet ACORN never sued Breitbart for libel. Interesting.

Hey Zeppy, you want to teach me a lesson? In person maybe. Please.

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 2:55:50 PM6/19/10

And yet ACORN never sued Breitbart for libel. Interesting.

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 2:56:36 PM6/19/10
"5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

And yet ACORN never sued Breitbart for libel. Interesting.

Phlip

Jun 19, 2010, 2:59:57 PM6/19/10
On Jun 18, 10:56 pm, grey_ghost471-newsgro...@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost)
wrote:

> Listen trash, you ain't better than anything in my life, by a long shot.

Blacks vote. Suck it.

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 3:02:25 PM6/19/10
Phlip <phli...@gmail.com> wrote in news:5860fffd-99fc-46ab-bb87-
da65db...@u17g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

First Law of Leftist Debate

The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his
preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it

without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe
approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual
preference in any way that is relevant to the subject.

Aww, little Fill ran outmof things to say so he fell back on race. What a
dumbass. I have rocks smarter than you.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 19, 2010, 3:13:29 PM6/19/10
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 13:53:37 -0500, RD Sandman
<rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote:

You didn't need to. You were born covered in shit.

Phlip

Jun 19, 2010, 3:25:29 PM6/19/10
> Google O'Keefe's ... went in to the interviews dressed as a pimp.

Maybe they mistook him for Joe Barton.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 19, 2010, 3:26:27 PM6/19/10
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 13:53:14 -0500, RD Sandman
<rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote:

Yeah, darn that old American superstition that common people should
have a say in how thier country is run.

RD Sandman

Jun 19, 2010, 3:58:46 PM6/19/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

That is why they vote.

RD Sandman

Jun 19, 2010, 3:59:18 PM6/19/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

No wonder you keep trying to lick me off.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 19, 2010, 4:03:58 PM6/19/10
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:25:29 -0700 (PDT), Phlip <phli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Google O'Keefe's ... went in to the interviews dressed as a pimp.
>
>Maybe they mistook him for Joe Barton.

Corporate pimps wear narrower ties.

Steve

Jun 19, 2010, 5:42:27 PM6/19/10
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 13:53:14 -0500, RD Sandman
<rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote:

Actually they won't. The spotlight is on them now.

Steve

Jun 19, 2010, 5:42:27 PM6/19/10
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 14:58:46 -0500, RD Sandman
<rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote:

Unlike Zepp... who can be put in jail for trying to vote.

Steve

Jun 19, 2010, 5:42:27 PM6/19/10

Zepp is a three hundred pound plus alcoholic, epileptic that can't go
out without wearing depends. Whorehouses are nothing but memories for
him.

Steve

Jun 19, 2010, 5:42:27 PM6/19/10

Zepp often shows his twelve year old side....

Steve

Jun 19, 2010, 5:42:27 PM6/19/10
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:26:41 -0700, "5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09"
<ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

<ROTFLMAO> yeah, but does anyone significant believe them? NO!

RD Sandman

Jun 19, 2010, 6:21:18 PM6/19/10
Steve <steven...@yahooooo.com> wrote in

ACORN is gone....the people and the organizations under them aren't.

Bill Bonde

Jun 19, 2010, 9:15:21 PM6/19/10
> Re: GAO Finds That ACORN Spent $40M Properly: GOPers Shriek,
> Dems Hide & Progressives Hang Heads In Shame

Saying that ACORN spent 40 mil properly is like saying that Hamas spent
40 mil properly. The question should be, how many bombs and rockets did
they smuggle in in the tunnels.

Gray Ghost

Jun 19, 2010, 9:44:52 PM6/19/10
Steve <steven...@yahooooo.com> wrote in

More to the point they never took legal action against Breitbart or O'Keefe.
Maybe it's just me but if I was accused of being involved in child
prostitution and had a reputation to uphold I think maybe I'd have sued.

That they didn't is all that needs to be said.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 19, 2010, 9:51:37 PM6/19/10

>>>ACORN vehemently denied the depiction of the tapes.
>>
>><ROTFLMAO> yeah, but does anyone significant believe them? NO!
>
> More to the point they never took legal action against Breitbart or
> O'Keefe.

Bubbles, several suits are pending against both. Don't you EVER read the
fucking news?

Maybe it's just me but if I was accused of being involved in
> child prostitution and had a reputation to uphold I think maybe I'd have
> sued.

You're whining to a convicted child molester. Go on, Steve. Tell him
why you haven't sued.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 19, 2010, 10:01:21 PM6/19/10

They used the money to sell nukes to child molesters in North Korea.
Didn't you know that, Bill?

Gray Ghost

Jun 20, 2010, 1:23:06 AM6/20/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in

Oh and how would you like to see a libel suit headed your way?

> Maybe it's just me but if I was accused of being involved in
>> child prostitution and had a reputation to uphold I think maybe I'd have
>> sued.
>
> You're whining to a convicted child molester. Go on, Steve. Tell him
> why you haven't sued.

'Cuz discovery would rip thier lungs out.

>> That they didn't is all that needs to be said.

Gray Ghost

Jun 20, 2010, 1:23:44 AM6/20/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in

Because truth is an absolute defense?

>> That they didn't is all that needs to be said.

Ray Fischer

Jun 20, 2010, 3:24:28 AM6/20/10
Bill Bonde <trybootil...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Re: GAO Finds That ACORN Spent $40M Properly: GOPers Shriek,
> > Dems Hide & Progressives Hang Heads In Shame
> >
>Saying that ACORN spent 40 mil properly is like saying that Hamas spent
>40 mil properly.

No, rightard bigot, it is nothing like that.

--
Ray Fischer
rfis...@sonic.net

Steve

Jun 20, 2010, 4:28:55 AM6/20/10

>>><ROTFLMAO> yeah, but does anyone significant believe them? NO!
>>
>> More to the point they never took legal action against Breitbart or
>> O'Keefe.
>
>Bubbles, several suits are pending against both. Don't you EVER read the
>fucking news?
>
>Maybe it's just me but if I was accused of being involved in
>> child prostitution and had a reputation to uphold I think maybe I'd have
>> sued.
>
>You're whining to a convicted child molester. Go on, Steve. Tell him
>why you haven't sued.

Why I haven't Sued???? Sued who??? for what??

Steve

Jun 20, 2010, 4:41:59 AM6/20/10
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 00:23:44 -0500, grey_ghost47...@yahoo.com
(Gray Ghost) wrote:

I think maybe Zeppy was questioning why I haven't sued him for calling
"Steve Canyon" a child molester... and it's quite possible that
he's actually too stupid to see any of the several obvious reasons...

Steve

Jun 20, 2010, 4:41:59 AM6/20/10
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:44:52 -0500, grey_ghost47...@yahoo.com
(Gray Ghost) wrote:

Some ACORN people made some noise in that direction but it all died a
natural death.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 20, 2010, 10:25:38 AM6/20/10
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 00:23:06 -0500, Gray Ghost wrote:

> "5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in
>
>> On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:44:52 -0500, Gray Ghost wrote:
>>
>>> Steve <steven...@yahooooo.com> wrote in

speaks

>>> More to the point they never took legal action against Breitbart or
>>> O'Keefe.
>>
>> Bubbles, several suits are pending against both. Don't you EVER read
>> the fucking news?
>
> Oh and how would you like to see a libel suit headed your way?

For what? Making a fool of you? I'm afraid your parents saw to that
years before I came along.

>> Maybe it's just me but if I was accused of being involved in
>>> child prostitution and had a reputation to uphold I think maybe I'd
>>> have sued.
>>
>> You're whining to a convicted child molester. Go on, Steve. Tell him
>> why you haven't sued.
>
> 'Cuz discovery would rip thier lungs out.

And yet suits are pending against O'Keefe and Breitbart. Imagine that.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 20, 2010, 10:48:55 AM6/20/10
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 07:24:28 +0000, Ray Fischer wrote:

> Bill Bonde <trybootil...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> > Re: GAO Finds That ACORN Spent $40M Properly: GOPers Shriek, Dems
>> > Hide & Progressives Hang Heads In Shame
>> >
>>Saying that ACORN spent 40 mil properly is like saying that Hamas spent
>>40 mil properly.
>
> No, rightard bigot, it is nothing like that.

He's slinging to his empty smears. It's all he has left.

JohnJohnsn

Jun 20, 2010, 11:35:15 AM6/20/10
On Jun 20, 9:25 am, "5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" aka Bryan Zepp "THE
Genuine Lyin' Socialist Weasel" Jamieson <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote:

Damn, Zepp; can't you get your "numbers" to jive?

Is it "654" or "644"?

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 00:23:06 -0500, Gray Ghost wrote:
>

>> "5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" aka Bryan Zepp "THE Genuine Lyin'
>> Socialist Weasel" Jamieson <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in

<ROTFLMAO> "Betters"?!?!?

Do try to keep up, Zeppo:

[Lamestream media]

"ACORN Sues O'Keefe, Giles and Breitbart.com"
Posted at 6:08 PM ET on Sep 23, 2009
By Garance Franke-Ruta
<http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2009/09/23/
acorn_sues_okeefe_giles_and_br.html>

[Alternative media]

"Court Dismisses ACORN Suit vs. `Pimp', `Hooker' and Breitbart.com"
Posted at 10:20 AM Thursday, March 11, 2010
by Ben Sheffner
<http://copyrightsandcampaigns.blogspot.com/2010/03/court-dismisses-
acorn-suit-vs-pimp.html>

Guess the left-winger national web politics editor/producer for the
Washington Post, Ms.Garance Franke-Ruta <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Garance_Franke-Ruta>, was too embarrased to post a follow-up to her
story.

-30-

Phlip

Jun 20, 2010, 11:46:16 AM6/20/10
> And yet suits are pending against O'Keefe and Breitbart.  Imagine that.

If I were one of ACORN's lawyers, I would have advised my client to
wait until we have GAO report before pushing those suits.

Tick tock, Breitbart. The "get tough on crime" crowd does not like
slander, libel, framing, or malicious accusations.

Bill Bonde

Jun 20, 2010, 12:21:24 PM6/20/10
5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09 wrote:

>>> Saying that ACORN spent 40 mil properly is like saying that Hamas spent
>>> 40 mil properly.
>>
>> No, rightard bigot, it is nothing like that.
>
> He's slinging to his empty smears. It's all he has left.

Hamas is still around, how is ACORN doing?

JohnJohnsn

Jun 20, 2010, 1:10:40 PM6/20/10

"Tick-Tock"; your "clock" has stopped already:

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 20, 2010, 1:44:51 PM6/20/10
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 08:46:16 -0700 (PDT), Phlip <phli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> And yet suits are pending against O'Keefe and Breitbart.  Imagine that.

they already had reports from four DA office showing beyond a
reasonable doubt that O'Keefe willfully and maliciously altered the
content of the tapes.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 20, 2010, 1:57:24 PM6/20/10

Quite well, under different names.

Gray Ghost

Jun 20, 2010, 2:40:07 PM6/20/10

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 00:23:06 -0500, Gray Ghost wrote:
>
>> "5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in

No they are not.

The lawsuit was for the taping, not for libel or defamation. And the ACORN
employees were fired and not rehired.

Basically they are saying yeah we are scumbags, but no fair you found us out.

Is that going to be your position, that facilitators of child prostitution
should be able to sue those who found them out for finding them out?

Well seems your "moral outrage" is highly selective, and quite likely merely
tactical in nature.

Oh and look it was dismissed!

http://www.examiner.com/x-39477-Baltimore-Conservative-Issues-
Examiner~y2010m3d12-State-court-dismisses-ACORN-lawsuit-against-OKeefe-Giles-
and-Breitbart

State court dismisses ACORN lawsuit against O'Keefe, Giles, and Breitbart

On March 4th, the Circuit Court of Baltimore City dismissed ACORNís suit
against James OíKeefe, Hannah Giles and Breitbart LLC. According to court
documents, posted by Ben Sheffner at Big Government.com, ACORN failed to serve
the complaint against the three within the 120 day limit established by
Maryland law. Sheffner says that the suit was a public relations bluff, a
ìpress release on pleading papers.î

OíKeefe and Giles recorded ACORN employees at itís Baltimore office offering
them advice on how to evade taxes and establish a brothel with underage South
American girls. Baltimore was one of four offices across the country at which
the pair caught ACORN employees offering such advice. ACORN fired the two
Baltimore employees.

State records also show that ACORN may have been operating illegally in the
state of Maryland since 2006.

As Sheffner notes, ACORN announced the suit with great fanfare last September
and the regionís two largest news outlets the Washington Post and Baltimore
Sun dutifully reported it. However, they completely missed the suitís
dismissal. Of course, the mainstream media was slow to pick up on ACORNís long
record of voter fraud and corruption.

On the heels of the dismissal, government watchdog Judicial Watch now claims
because of Barack Obamaís close ties to ACORN, his Justice Department shut
down a criminal investigation into the community organizing group. Judicial
Watch claims to have documents showing ìevident criminal conductî by ACORN.

Of course one should should have seen that coming:

http://www.popehat.com/2009/09/23/from-a-little-acorn-a-not-particularly-
mighty-lawsuit-grows/
From A Little ACORN A Not Particularly Mighty Lawsuit Grows
Sep 23, 2009
By Ken.
Effluvia

What is ACORN thinking?

If youíve turned on the TV or the radio or the internet in the last two weeks,
youíve seen the huge shit-storm over the release of undercover video by self-
described conservative activists who dressed as a pimp and a prostitute,
visited various ACORN offices, and got hilarious footage of ACORN employees
condoning and encouraging prostitution, sexual enslavement of immigrant
children, and various forms of fraud. The death-knell of ACORNís hopes that
this could be dismissed as a right-wing frame-up sounded when Jon Stewart came
along and kicked them in the nuts.

Now, incredibly, ACORN and two of its employees ó specifically, two employees
that ACORN fired for the videotaped misconduct ó are suing the undercover
mock-pimp-and-ho team of James OíKeefe and Hannah Giles, as well as
Breitbart.com III, the media juggernaut devoted to relentless coverage of
Andrew Breitbart and whatever annoys him on any particular day. The complaint
is here, originally courtesy of Politico.

In the complaint, filed in Baltimore City Circuit Court by Andrew Freedman of
Baltimoreís Brown Goldstein Levy, ACORN and the two people it has just fired
claim that OíKeefe and Giles, by conducting one particular undercover
recording in Baltimore, violated Marylandís wiretapping law, Marylandís Courts
and Judicial Proceedings Code 10-402(a) and 10-410. Those statutes make it
illegal, in broad terms, to record or intercept private conversations without
consent. Maryland is a two-party state. The Plaintiffs also claim that
Breitbart violated the law by broadcasting the videos on its web sites. ACORN
and its former employees demand statutory damages, damages for emotional
distress, damages for harm to reputation, and damages for the employees losing
their jobs.

I really have to ask how carefully Andrew Freeman has thought this through.
Here are but a few quick-and-dirty thoughts about the problems with the
lawsuit:

1. Food Lion Precludes Damages For Harm to Reputation: Itís highly doubtful
that ACORN or its former employees can recover any damages directly or
indirectly related to harm to reputation or emotional distress. That argument
is probably foreclosed by Food Lion v. ABC, in which the Fourth Circuit
overturned significant parts of a judgment against undercover reporters who
posed as Food Lion employees and recorded a report on the alleged sale of
expired meat. The Fourth Circuit overturned parts of the judgment mostly on
state law grounds ó it found that Food Lion could not connect the conduct to
actual non-reputational damages. Crucially, the court made it clear that Food
Lion ó which did not sue for defamation, but sought damages for harm to its
reputation ó could not use state law claims as a ruse to avoid First Amendment
restrictions on defamation claims. Specifically, the Court said that the
Supreme Courtís decision in Hustler v. Falwell prevented Food Lion from making
an ìend runî against the elevated standard of proof in defamation cases
established in such authorities as New York v. Sullivan: ìHustler confirms
that when a public figure plaintiff uses a law to seek damages resulting from
speech covered by the First Amendment, the plaintiff must satisfy the proof
standard of New York Times.î The Fourth Circuit also specifically rejected the
claim that Food Lion could evade this standard because the videotaping was
wrongful under state law.

Now, the two individual ex-employees of ACORN arenít public figures, so they
wouldnít have to satisfy the New York Times standard for public figures.
Nevertheless, with respect to reputational harm, truth is an absolute defense
to claims of defamation by both public and private figures (with possible
argued-about exceptions not relevant here). The ACORN employees would have to
establish that the videotapes were faked, or what was said about them was
untrue. This seems unlikely.

Finally, Food Lion noted that it did not reach the alternative ground upon
which the trial court had relied for denying reputational damages to Food Lion
ó the issue of proximate cause. The trial court in Food Lion found that the
proximate cause of Food Lionís torpedoed reputation was its sale of tainted
meat, not ABCís revelation thereof. The same argument could well apply to
ACORN and its employees ó their own conduct, not its revelation, proximately
causes people to think they are crooks.

Absent reputational and emotional damages, it is likely that the statutory
damages will be trivial, and punitive damages will be limited by current
Supreme Court precedent to a low multiple of those trivial damages. Thatís
Andrew Breitbartís monthly cab fare.

2. Whether the Conversations Were Private Within the Meaning of the Maryland
Statutes Is Open to Question: With respect to live recording (as opposed to
wiretapping phone conversations), the statute only prohibits recording private
conversations. Thatís in the definition section of the statute: ìOral
communicationî means any conversation or words spoken to or by any person in
private conversation.

The statute doesnít define what a ìprivate conversationî is. However, there is
some authority on the subject. I havenít yet done a full Westlaw search for
Maryland law, but I note that this Maryland Attorney General opinion (at pages
231-232) asserts that Maryland follows the federal definition, under which a
ìprivate conversationî is one in which at least one party has a subjectively
or objectively reasonable expectation that the conversation would remain
private. Circumstances suggesting that other people might overhear ó other
people within earshot, voices raised loud enough for others to hear, etc. ó
defeat that expectation of privacy. So ó if the recorded conversations took
place in circumstances where other people in the ACORN office could overhear
them, it is possible that the conversations were not ìprivateî within the
meaning of the statute. (ACORN might counter that the only people who could
hear were other ACORN employees).

There are other more aggressive cases out there ó federal ones, at least ó
suggesting that a conversation is not ìprivateî if there is no objectively and
subjectively reasonable expectation that all parties will keep the contents
confidential. I havenít yet seen any indication that Maryland would go that
far.

But suffice it to say that the defendants can contest the applicability of the
statute.

3. The Plaintiffs Canít Get Damages For Breitbartís Republication: ACORN is
shit out of luck on getting damages from Breitbart for broadcasting the videos
unless it can show that Breitbart participated in their unlawful recording. To
the extent it says otherwise, the Maryland statute is clearly
unconstitutional. The relevant case is Bartnicki v. Vopper, in which the
Supreme Court found that the First Amendment prevented punishment of
republication by third parties of illegally recorded conversations when the
recordings were on a matter of public interest. No doubt ACORN will argue that
Breitbart orchestrated the whole thing. Good luck proving that.

Based on the law, ACORN, its employees, and Andrew Freedman may wind up
feeling fortunate that Maryland does not have a SLAPP statute. [edit: in the
comments below, Karl points out that this appears to be incorrect.]

Thatís all the holes I have managed to poke in a few hours. But the political
outlook for ACORN is even worse. Filing a lawsuit against people who revealed
such misconduct will not play well in Congress. Rather, it is likely that the
suit will whip up anti-ACORN sentiment and doom any chances that ACORN will
regain funding. Would you want federal funds to go to an entity that commits
misconduct and then sues people who reveal it? Moreover, the suit will allow
the defendants ó if they donít get out on a motion to dismiss ó to use the
discovery process to rampage through ACORNís records in an effort to prove
that any reputational harm to ACORN was a result of ACORNís actual bad
behavior being revealed. Does ACORN really want to roll the dice and count on
getting a judge who wonít let the defendants delve deeply into their practices
and into the bases for their reputation?

Iím scratching my head over this one.

And some people did:

ACORN Will Regret Filing Lawsuit
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-19663-LA-Legal-Examiner~y2009m9d24-ACORN-
Will-Regret-Filing-Lawsuit

ACORN has announced itís lawsuit against James O'Keefe, Hannah Giles and
Andrew Breitbartís Web site for what it alleges was "illegal videotaping" of
ACORN employees in Baltimore. So the head of the group has gone from blasting
the filmmakers then praising them for helping ACORN uncover corruption to now,
suing them.

The suit was filed in the Circuit Court in Baltimore where sympathetic juries
are available. In addition, ACORN wants a preliminary and permanent injunction
to stop of any other pesky video tapes from coming out.. They are also seeking
damages that could be as high as $7 million.

The video shows now-fired ACORN employees giving tax advice to O'Keefe and
Giles, who are posing, as their minimal costume budget will allow, as a pimp
and a prostitute.

ACORN has a dream team of four major mouthpieces Andy Freeman, A. Dwight
Pettit, Arthur Schwartz, and C. Justin Brown.

The group and their attorneys are going to regret filing this lawsuit.

So far, ACORN employees have been featured on videos assisting criminal
behavior in three other states and Washington, D.C. This suit, by necessity,
is only for the Maryland recordings.

ACORN is going to try to nail the defendants on Courts and Judicial
Proceedings Code ßß 10-402(a) and 10-410, which requires two party consent to
all electronic surveillance.

But the suit will open ACORN up to cross-complaints and a broad discovery
process which will include the production of e-mails, correspondence, memos,
internal documents, and also include depositions of employees. Havenít these
people ever heard of Whitewater and Ken Starr?

OíKeefe and company will have a powerful procedural move to make.

Because the ACORN employees and the defendants are from different states the
case can be removed to federal court. That court is located in the
conservative Fourth Circuit giving the defendants a place to win on the appeal
of rulings and even the final judgment.

But the ACORN lawsuit may get tossed out of court before that ever happens.
The only cause of action here is for a violation of the Maryland wiretapping
statute. The suit says that OíKeefe and Giles, working together with
Breitbart, exposed an ìoral communicationî using an electronic device, which
could be a violation of the act. But the statute says that ìoral
communicationî in another section, 10-401(2)(i) is ìany conversation or words
spoken to or by any person in private conversation.î

Under the law ìprivateî means that at least one of the parties to the
conversation must have had a reasonable expectation of privacy at the time and
place where the conversation was recorded.

According to a host of legal precedent, the ACORN employees would not have any
reasonable expectation of privacy in what was said to those who entered their
offices ostensibly to seek services.

Because these conversations took place in a business office between ACORN
employees and two ìcustomers,î they are not ìprivate conversationsî as defined
by the Maryland Wiretap Act.

Add to this the effect of the First Amendment since OíKeefe, Giles and
Breitbart are media defendants, and what you have in scholarly law
professorial terms is calledÖ a loser.

But as we know from watching our courts there are lots of judges on the bench
who like to ignore the law and turn losers into winners.

A former ACORN board member, Marcel Reid, who was kicked out of the
organization last year for trying to look onto the groupís accounting, summed
the situation up well.

ìIf weíd known all it took was a half-naked 20-year-old, weíd have done this a
year and a half ago,î Reid said.

--
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be
construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be
sought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything
or nothing at pleasure."

óThomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823

Gray Ghost

Jun 20, 2010, 2:41:40 PM6/20/10
Phlip <phli...@gmail.com> wrote in news:dc4cc929-46c8-41ae-9690-138c938a53c7
@q39g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

So you also approve that people found out to facilitators of child
prostitution can sue those theat find them out?

One can only guessat the black hole of your morality and what it allows.

Gray Ghost

Jun 20, 2010, 2:43:40 PM6/20/10
Steve <steven...@yahooooo.com> wrote in

It would appear they filed a suit but then failed to do any follow up.

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2010/03/11/court-dismisses-acorn-suit-vs-
pimp-hooker-and-breitbart-com/

Gee I wonder why I didn't see this on any of the name brand news networks.

Gray Ghost

Jun 20, 2010, 2:47:41 PM6/20/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

And you can point me to those.... where?

Oh wait just another lie form the lieing socilist weasel.

Haven't you actually been paying attention? They were sued for videotaping,
not for defamtion, not for libel, not for misrepresetning the facts.

And they "forgot" to followup and got thrown out of court. Tsk, tsk.

So how old do you like 'em 6? 8? 10? If they have pubic hair are they to old?
And do you prefer if they don't speak English?

Gray Ghost

Jun 20, 2010, 3:09:14 PM6/20/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

So you admit they are sneaky dishonest fucks?

Steve

Jun 20, 2010, 4:55:42 PM6/20/10
wrote:

>> And yet suits are pending against O'Keefe and Breitbart.  Imagine that.

<ROTFLMAO> Those suits are dead and ACORN"S lawyers are empty suits.

Steve

Jun 20, 2010, 4:55:42 PM6/20/10

Actually, ACORN is but a shadow of it's former self.

Gray Ghost

Jun 20, 2010, 5:22:14 PM6/20/10
Phlip <phli...@gmail.com> wrote in news:dc4cc929-46c8-41ae-9690-138c938a53c7
@q39g2000prh.googlegroups.com:

>> And yet suits are pending against O'Keefe and Breitbart. �Imagine that.

It would seem none were made.

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 20, 2010, 6:24:47 PM6/20/10
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 14:09:14 -0500, Gray Ghost wrote:

> "5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in
>
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:21:24 +0100, Bill Bonde
>><trybootil...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>>Hamas is still around, how is ACORN doing?
>>
>> Quite well, under different names.
>>>

> So you admit they are sneaky dishonest fucks?

Nope.

On the other hand, I think that describes you perfectly.

Gray Ghost

Jun 20, 2010, 11:16:25 PM6/20/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in

So your not honest enough to admit they are sneaky dishonest fucks? Or you
approve of child prostitution. Which is it?

--
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be
construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be
sought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything
or nothing at pleasure."

裕homas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823

Gray Ghost

Jun 20, 2010, 11:16:57 PM6/20/10
Steve <steven...@yahooooo.com> wrote in

I won't be satisfied until it is a dessicated corpse.

--
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be
construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be
sought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything
or nothing at pleasure."

—Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 21, 2010, 12:28:58 AM6/21/10
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:16:57 -0500, Gray Ghost wrote:

> Steve <steven...@yahooooo.com> wrote in
>
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:57:24 -0700, "5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09"
>><ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote:

>>>Quite well, under different names.
>>

>> Actually, ACORN is but a shadow of it's former self.
>>

> I won't be satisfied until it is a dessicated corpse.

So how come you hate everything America stands for, anyway?

Really. What's in that for you?

5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09

Jun 21, 2010, 12:30:49 AM6/21/10
On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:16:25 -0500, Gray Ghost wrote:

> "5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in
>
>> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 14:09:14 -0500, Gray Ghost wrote:
>>
>>> "5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <ze...@finestplanet.com> wrote in

>>> So you admit they are sneaky dishonest fucks?
>>
>> Nope.
>>
>> On the other hand, I think that describes you perfectly.
>>

> So your not honest enough to admit they are sneaky dishonest fucks? Or
> you approve of child prostitution. Which is it?

Wow. Even after all the investigations, by four DA's offices, three
States' Attorney Generals, and two Congressional Offices and a full
congressional committee, you cling desperately to your sad, long-
discredited belief that ACORN did something--anything--wrong?

That is really, really pathetic. Are you really the best your parents
could do?

Gray Ghost

Jun 21, 2010, 12:39:51 AM6/21/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in news:LPOdnX_
67ZRkd4PRnZ2...@posted.carinet:

I saw the video. The ACORN people were very happy to help set up a whore house
and perhaps import children to work in the whorehouse.

Now maybe there are reasons why there were no crimianls charges, like the
states in which they occired are Demcrat dominated states and gasp! politics
may have played a role.

But you see some people can decide if something is immoral and disgusting
without waiting for the state to pass judgement. Then again some people are
corrupt morally and refuse to see the corruption that tarnishes thier
associates. Some people are just so beyond redemption that anything is
acceptable as long as it suits the ends desired.

In any case I am waitng for

1) proof the tapes were doctored
2) a denunciation of child prostitution as abhorrent

--
"Laws are made for men of ordinary understanding and should, therefore, be
construed by the ordinary rules of common sense. Their meaning is not to be
sought for in metaphysical subtleties which may make anything mean everything
or nothing at pleasure."

—Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, 1823

Gray Ghost

Jun 21, 2010, 12:41:25 AM6/21/10
"5521 Dead, 654 since 1/20/09" <dea...@deadduz.com> wrote in

I must add this as a new law of Leftist debate. I'll need to work on the
wording.

Something about socialist trash having the balls to accuse others of hating
America.

The only hatred I have is for socilist trash. You are a disease and need to
eradicated. For the good of the children, of course.

It is loading more messages.