#Anti-Olbermann website throws in the towel

3165 Dead

Mar 2, 2007, 4:02:33 PM3/2/07

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/AntiOlbermann_website_quits_after_MSNBC_hosts_0302.html

[Zeppnote: More evidence that the right wing smear machine just
doesn't work like it used to]

Anti-Olbermann website quits after MSNBC host's contract is extended
Michael Roston
Published: Friday March 2, 2007

Print This Email This

A website set up to counter the nightly broadcast of MSNBC host Keith
Olbermann has thrown in the towel after NBC Universal extended the
contract of the former sports newscaster whose nightly Countdown
program has seen its ratings grow in the past year.

All links to the website Olbermann Watch now point to an "RIP" page
with a short note from founder and managing editor Robert Cox.

"There is no disguising the fact that we have been extremely unhappy
with the recent decision of NBC Universal to not only retain Keith
Olbermann for four more years but to elevate him in an unprecedented
fashion," Cox writes to readers. "After careful consideration and
consultation with the entire staff, we have decided the time has come
to retire OlbermannWatch.com."

Ironically, Cox took some responsibility for Olbermann's growing
ratings.

"We have come to the conclusion that we have done more harm than good
over the past 2+ years in keeping Olbermann in the public eye at a
time when few were watching his show and even less cared about his
assault on the journalistic standards we hold dear," Cox claimed.

A website set up to counter Cox's called Watching Olbermann Watch was
dismissive of the farewell message.

"He's a bully - an ad-man who seized upon a marketing opportunity,"
the blog noted. "Not an opportunity to promote a particular brand of
truth or policy stance, but an opportunity to traffic in vitriol
because it is that sort of poison which he discovered would be the
most effective route to his own personal success," the site's editor
noted.

Last month, the blog TVNewser reported that Olbermann had signed a new
contract with NBC Universal that would keep his show on the air for
another 4 years, and offer Olbermann, who was formerly a Sportscenter
anchor on ESPN, an opportunity to contribute reports to the NBC
Nightly News.

Today, Radar Magazine reported that Olbermann will interview Valerie
Plame, the CIA agent whose outing related to the Iraq War is the
subject of the federal trial against former White House aide I. Lewis
"Scooter Libby." The interview will occur on a stage at a People for
the American Way benefit on March 17.

The Olbermann Watch 'retirement' message can be accessed at this link.
Watching Olbermann watch can be accessed at this link.

The Vader

Mar 2, 2007, 4:58:37 PM3/2/07

"3165 Dead" <zepp#221131...@nospamzeppscommentaries.com> wrote in message

> "We have come to the conclusion that we have done more harm than good
> over the past 2+ years in keeping Olbermann in the public eye at a
> time when few were watching his show and even less cared about his
> assault on the journalistic standards we hold dear," Cox claimed.

The people at Olbermannwatch never had any journalistic standards. Not a
drop.

Just a bunch of hate spewing losers that couldn't take it anymore. Whahhh!
Whaahhh!

Good riddance to them.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Mar 2, 2007, 7:40:10 PM3/2/07
3165 Dead <zepp#221131...@nospamzeppscommentaries.com> wrote in
crayon...

>http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/AntiOlbermann_website_quits_after_MSNBC_hosts_0302.html
>
>[Zeppnote: More evidence that the right wing smear machine just
>doesn't work like it used to]
>
>Anti-Olbermann website quits after MSNBC host's contract is extended
>Michael Roston
>Published: Friday March 2, 2007

What's the purpose of having a Dopeymann Watch when no one watches his
show. He has 1/3 the audience of Bill O'Reilly and MSNBC is behind
FNC and CNN during prime time in the 25-54 demo. Who cares.

-
"The other day the oil companies reported the highest
profit in the history of the world. I want to take
those profits and I want to put them into a strategic
energy fund that will begin to fund alternative,
smart engergy alternatives and technologies that will
begin to actually move us toward the direction of
independence."

-Comrade Hillary Clinton at the Dummycrat Winter Meetings

"Hillary Clinton is Hugo Chavez in a pantsuit."

-P.J. O'Rourke

"Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it,
and in Hell, where they already have it"

-President Ronald Reagan

Gandalf Grey

Mar 2, 2007, 7:58:08 PM3/2/07

"VRWC Destruction Machine" <Righ...@vrwcdm.com> wrote in message

> 3165 Dead <zepp#221131...@nospamzeppscommentaries.com> wrote in
> crayon...
>

>>http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/AntiOlbermann_website_quits_after_MSNBC_hosts_0302.html
>>
>>[Zeppnote: More evidence that the right wing smear machine just
>>doesn't work like it used to]
>>
>>Anti-Olbermann website quits after MSNBC host's contract is extended
>>Michael Roston
>>Published: Friday March 2, 2007
>>
> What's the purpose of having a Dopeymann Watch when no one watches his
> show.

Fastest growing audience out there and Olbermannwatch helped. THANK YOU.

3165 Dead

Mar 2, 2007, 8:55:36 PM3/2/07
On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 00:40:10 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
<Righ...@vrwcdm.com> wrote:

>3165 Dead <zepp#221131...@nospamzeppscommentaries.com> wrote in
>crayon...
>

>>http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/AntiOlbermann_website_quits_after_MSNBC_hosts_0302.html
>>
>>[Zeppnote: More evidence that the right wing smear machine just
>>doesn't work like it used to]
>>
>>Anti-Olbermann website quits after MSNBC host's contract is extended
>>Michael Roston
>>Published: Friday March 2, 2007
>>
>What's the purpose of having a Dopeymann Watch when no one watches his
>show. He has 1/3 the audience of Bill O'Reilly and MSNBC is behind
>FNC and CNN during prime time in the 25-54 demo. Who cares.

One third? DIdn't he start out at one tenth?

Hmmm.

Don't look back, chuckles. Don't look back.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Mar 4, 2007, 12:13:25 AM3/4/07
"Gandalf Grey" <ganda...@infectedmail.com> wrote in crayon...

It will take a lot more than a web site to take MSNBC out of the
gutter.

========
WARNING!
========

The text below is a Tagline or Signature File.

def. A pre-written text file appended to the end of a
message that is used as a closing or end to the message.
It may contain any kind of text or boilerplate that is
repetitively sent.

In other words, you an idiot if you respond to it.

VRWC Destruction Machine

Mar 4, 2007, 12:14:39 AM3/4/07
3165 Dead <zepp#221131...@nospamzeppscommentaries.com> wrote in
crayon...

>On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 00:40:10 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
><Righ...@vrwcdm.com> wrote:
>
>>3165 Dead <zepp#221131...@nospamzeppscommentaries.com> wrote in
>>crayon...
>>

>>>http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/AntiOlbermann_website_quits_after_MSNBC_hosts_0302.html
>>>
>>>[Zeppnote: More evidence that the right wing smear machine just
>>>doesn't work like it used to]
>>>
>>>Anti-Olbermann website quits after MSNBC host's contract is extended
>>>Michael Roston
>>>Published: Friday March 2, 2007
>>>
>>What's the purpose of having a Dopeymann Watch when no one watches his
>>show. He has 1/3 the audience of Bill O'Reilly and MSNBC is behind
>>FNC and CNN during prime time in the 25-54 demo. Who cares.
>>
>One third? DIdn't he start out at one tenth?
>
>Hmmm.
>
>Don't look back, chuckles. Don't look back.

When it comes to MSNBC, Zepperhead, I am constantly looking down.

========
WARNING!
========

The text below is a Tagline or Signature File.

def. A pre-written text file appended to the end of a
message that is used as a closing or end to the message.
It may contain any kind of text or boilerplate that is
repetitively sent.

In other words, you an idiot if you respond to it.

-

3169 Dead

Mar 4, 2007, 1:57:14 AM3/4/07
On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 05:14:39 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
<Righ...@vrwcdm.com> wrote:

>3165 Dead <zepp#221131...@nospamzeppscommentaries.com> wrote in
>crayon...
>
>>On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 00:40:10 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
>><Righ...@vrwcdm.com> wrote:
>>
>>>3165 Dead <zepp#221131...@nospamzeppscommentaries.com> wrote in
>>>crayon...

>>>What's the purpose of having a Dopeymann Watch when no one watches his
>>>show. He has 1/3 the audience of Bill O'Reilly and MSNBC is behind
>>>FNC and CNN during prime time in the 25-54 demo. Who cares.
>>>
>>One third? DIdn't he start out at one tenth?
>>
>>Hmmm.
>>
>>Don't look back, chuckles. Don't look back.
>
>When it comes to MSNBC, Zepperhead, I am constantly looking down.

Yes, always a sign of a weak man compensating for something.

--

"Keeping us up here eats away at families. The Democrats could care less about families -- that's what this says."

-- Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA), quoted by the Washington Post, in response to incoming-Majority Leader Steny Hoyer's (D-MD) plan to increase the House's work schedule from three days a week to five.

Putsch: leading America to asymetric warfare since 2001

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.
For the finest in liberal/leftist commentary,
http://www.zeppscommentaries.com
For news feed (free, 10-20 articles a day)
For essays (donations accepted, 2 articles/week)

a.a. #2211 -- Bryan Zepp Jamieson

VRWC Destruction Machine

Mar 4, 2007, 12:11:11 PM3/4/07
3169 Dead <zepp22...@finestplanet.com> wrote in crayon...

>On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 05:14:39 GMT, VRWC Destruction Machine
><Righ...@vrwcdm.com> wrote:
>
>>3165 Dead <zepp#221131...@nospamzeppscommentaries.com> wrote in
>>crayon...

>>>One third? DIdn't he start out at one tenth?
>>>
>>>Hmmm.
>>>
>>>Don't look back, chuckles. Don't look back.
>>
>>When it comes to MSNBC, Zepperhead, I am constantly looking down.
>
>Yes, always a sign of a weak man compensating for something.

What the hell are you talking about, Zepperhead? There's no
compensating. In the world of cable news, Foxnews has made it to the
penthouse while MSNBC is still climbing the stairs. Dopeymann is
leading the charge, but the other shows are dead weight. What if
Dopeymann has peaked? Dopeymann's SNL and Don Rickles delivery will
wear on people starved for real discussions on the issues. He would
probably be as successful as Jon Stewart if he were on the Comedy
Channel. MSNBC is not the vehicle for his constant diatribes.

========
WARNING!
========

The text below is a Tagline or Signature File.

def. A pre-written text file appended to the end of a
message that is used as a closing or end to the message.
It may contain any kind of text or boilerplate that is
repetitively sent.

In other words, you are an idiot if you respond to it.