Tired

Kim & Mike

Mar 1, 2002, 5:55:02 PM3/1/02
You know, I seem to remember someone looking for Weaver's Tired post back in
the google usenet thread. I actually had it on an old disk.

Kim (Hartley) Perkins

From: wea...@pobox.upenn.edu (William Nevins Weaver)
Newsgroups: alt.society.generation-x
Subject: tired
Date: 26 April 1994 15:36:48 GMT

i'm tired of everything. tired of being assaulted nite and by a vast sea of
media and simulation and fornication and hyper-indexed backlog of shit. i'm
tired of feeling dragged out and pushed down for no real reason. i'm tired
of prozac. tired of people saying i should see a psychiatrist. tired of my
parents. tired of trying to build a relationship in a world of nomads.
tired of trying to say something and having nothing to say and knowing that
even if I did say something no one would hear it anyway. i'm tired of being
supportive. i'm tired of assholes flaming for no good reason. i'm tired of
the internet. i'm tired of the fact that people will write back (if anyone
does) and say well just get off the fucking thing. that's like saying if
you hate life so much why don't you just kill yourself. it's not that
fucking easy! you can't just kill yourself. because, then what! nothing.
i'm tired of the fact that i get up in the morning and go to work a job that
sucks. but i have no energy to look for another job. i'm tired of people
arguing about generation x. i'm tired of the fact that we are all fractured
and splintered and falling down into pieces and there's nothing we can do
about it. i'm tired of this country. i'm tired of the whole pc debate.
i'm tired of watching people kill each other across the globe. i'm tired of
the fucking bullshit. i'm tired of the fact that life is great and i have
no reason to be tired but i'm tired anyway. i'm tired of people telling me
how to be how to act how to live. i'm tired of the war on drugs. i'm tired
of the government. i hate the government. i'm tired of the fact that we
need the government. i'm tired of prolifers. i'm tired of conservative
fuckface assholes. i'm tired of the fact that the world sucks and there's
no way to change it. i'm tired of new age. i'm tired of old age. i'm
tired of logic reason and consistency. i'm tired of western civilization.
i'm tired of boredom. i'm tired of excitement. most of all i'm tired of
people who want to change the world. i'm tired of progress. i'm tired of
utopia. i'm tired of technology. i'm tired of new wave punk grunge and
disco. especially disco. i'm tired (already and this hasn't even really
happened yet) of eighties retro. i'm tired of people telling me i can't
like kurt cobain because he was a junkie.. i like william s. burroughs and
he was a fucking junkie! so fuck off all you losers. i'm tired of myself
too. i'm tired of all the noise. cuz really it's all noise. i'm tired of
feeling like it's all garbage and i have to sift through it all the time.
i'm tired of thinking at all. i'm tired of people judging me. ARE YOU
JUDGING ME RIGHT NOW!?! WELL CUT IT OUT!! JUDGE YOURSELF!! (self-appointed
judges judge...more than they have sold.--kurt cobain...paraphrased it might
be 'judge not lest ye be judged.") anyway. enough. i'm tired of this.
.
weaver

--
Kim Perkins
gi...@lvcm.com

Don C

Mar 5, 2002, 12:12:20 AM3/5/02

You see, it pays to lurk.  I thought this post sounded familliar and -- *thwack* -- two bits of history unearthed in a single repost.  Like listening to a classic gen-x radio station.

Kim, haven't heard from you since Japan.  Hope you're well.  Fond memories of being big in Japan, ne.

Don.

>Kim (Hartley) Perkins wrote:
>You know, I seem to remember someone looking for Weaver's Tired post back in
>the google usenet thread.  I actually had it on an old disk.
>Kim (Hartley) Perkins
>From:  wea...@pobox.upenn.edu  (William Nevins Weaver)
>Newsgroups:  alt.society.generation-x
>Subject:  tired
>Date:  26 April 1994 15:36:48 GMT

[snip]

Kim & Mike

Mar 5, 2002, 3:04:30 AM3/5/02
Don!
So ne? Sugoi ne? Or as the punks at my inner city schools would say
"Sue-gaaay" I've asked Spam & Dave what you've been up to, but it's nice to
hear from you!

--

"Don C" <donchrist...@canada.com> wrote in message