Bo Nordh has left us

G. L. Pease

Jul 12, 2006, 3:23:53 AM7/12/06
It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of Bo Nordh early this
morning. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.

Tonight, I light a candle in his name. May he rest in peace.

-glp

von-Erck

Jul 12, 2006, 3:30:05 AM7/12/06

Today we all are a bit poorer.
RIP Bo & SailorMan Jack.

L.
von Erck
Pipe...@von-Erck.com
http://www.von-Erck.com
"I wish I could catch up to being behind."

pzo...@sbcglobal.net

Jul 12, 2006, 3:31:13 AM7/12/06
Sad news indeed.

I've just started some candles burning, and I'm dedicating this bowl
of Bendigo plug in honor of Bo.

Paul Z

GBPBulgaria

Jul 12, 2006, 3:38:35 AM7/12/06
Sad news!
Rest in peace Bo Nordh!
george

GBPBulgaria

Jul 12, 2006, 3:38:50 AM7/12/06
Sad news!
Rest in peace Bo Nordh!
george

alpa...@mclink.it

Jul 12, 2006, 3:46:57 AM7/12/06
we pray for you Bo. You will continue to live in your art, thank you Bo

Leonardo and Cosimo

alpa...@mclink.it

Jul 12, 2006, 3:47:13 AM7/12/06

Paolo Becker

Jul 12, 2006, 4:01:12 AM7/12/06
I can't believe.Rest in peace masterful.

Paolo

geigerpipes

Jul 12, 2006, 4:25:26 AM7/12/06
One of our times greatest makers has left us...må du vila i fred Bo...

Love Geiger

dbu...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2006, 5:01:10 AM7/12/06

Puff puff,
Buck

Lannes Johnson

Jul 12, 2006, 5:11:56 AM7/12/06
With deepest regrets.
lj

poggenpohl

Jul 12, 2006, 5:42:56 AM7/12/06

Sorry to confirm that the great Bo Nordh passed away early this morning

at the University hospital in Lund, Sweden. Bo was in the hospital for
a month or more. In my last email correspondence with him he was just
waiting for a friend to take him there for tests as he had not been
feeling well. When I was in Denmark last week, his very good friend Per

Billhall had just stopped to visit him on the way to see Tom Eltang and

I in Copenhagen, and Bo was already looking bad from Kidney trouble
and a few other problems. He was not interested in seeing guests, so
Tom and I didn't make the trip to Sweden to see him, but we talked to
him on the phone for awhile until he was too tired to continue.

Bo had a very rough personal life ever since he was paralyzed as a
young man. In spite of the personal physical and emotional hardships
that were often apparent to his few good friends, he was an
enthusiastic fan of good food, and great wine, as well as the best in
American Jazz and Blues. I feel very fortunate to have been a good
enough friend to visit him several times at his home for all of the
above and some very fun times. I feel very honored to have among my few

Bo Nordh pipes a special one that he gave to me last year in Chicago
during his first vist there.

His good friends will miss him very much and worldwide fans of the best

handmade pipes will miss what history may establish as the maker of the

finest pipes ever.

Rex Poggenpohl

Juan in Andalucía

Jul 12, 2006, 6:02:31 AM7/12/06

Juan

William Purdy

Jul 12, 2006, 6:34:09 AM7/12/06
"G. L. Pease" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote

A bowl, as I type, in honor of the master and in deep appreciation of his
creative soul.

Will
--
Will Purdy
http://www.willpurdy.com

Sagiter

Jul 12, 2006, 7:54:24 AM7/12/06
I will miss his always bright, shining smile, hearty laugh and beautiful
pipes.

Neil

--
Neil Flancbaum
Craftsman

"G. L. Pease" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

D.Perry

Jul 12, 2006, 8:01:10 AM7/12/06
No less than the greatest pipe carver ever.May he find eternal peace in
the great workshop in the sky.......

D.Perry
ASP Since Fall 01

Frenchy

Jul 12, 2006, 8:15:55 AM7/12/06

A terrible loss to the world of pipes. A bowl in his memory.
--
Frenchy
www.frenchyspipes.com

greg...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2006, 8:40:49 AM7/12/06

Greg T

Ben R.

Jul 12, 2006, 8:54:16 AM7/12/06
We have lost a genuine and unique artist and craftsman in Bo Nordh.
However, his legacy shall remain in the marvelous creations he left us.

mrwayne

Jul 12, 2006, 9:08:41 AM7/12/06

Ben R. wrote:
> We have lost a genuine and unique artist and craftsman in Bo Nordh.
> However, his legacy shall remain in the marvelous creations he left us.

well put....sad, sad news...

wayne from oregon

Dennis Richards

Jul 12, 2006, 9:04:57 AM7/12/06
More sad news for the pipe community,Rest In peace Bo,
Dennis

Allen

Jul 12, 2006, 9:17:52 AM7/12/06

Very sad news. :( I will smoke a bowl for him today and lament the
passing of a master artisan. My prayers go out to his friends and family.

requiescat in pace

-Allen

--
------
a.s.p. Brother of the Briar

Danepipesmoker

Jul 12, 2006, 9:26:33 AM7/12/06
What a terrible and unfair loss. I did not know Bo, but this year at
the Chicago Show I pushed him up the ramp from the amphatheater to the
hotel and it made me feel good to be able to help, I will pack my first
bowl of the day in a moment: McClelland 5100 in honor of Bo Nordh, one
of the worlds finest pipe maker. May he rest in peace.

Ian Weeks

Rad Davis

Jul 12, 2006, 9:43:34 AM7/12/06

"G. L. Pease" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Sad news indeed. A legend has left us.

Rad

jackhackett

Jul 12, 2006, 9:56:09 AM7/12/06
A pipe in his honor this morning.

Brian Scott

Jul 12, 2006, 10:00:50 AM7/12/06
Rest in peace, Bo, and, thank you.

Cheers,
Brian Scott

Dave Sahagian

Jul 12, 2006, 10:05:06 AM7/12/06
I just want to say that he was really very nice, and even invited me to his
seminar in Chicago
He surprised me with his sincerity being so legandary and all
A bowl in his honor
Brother David

desert smoker

Jul 12, 2006, 10:08:12 AM7/12/06

G. L. Pease wrote:
> It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of Bo Nordh early this
> morning. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
>
> Tonight, I light a candle in his name. May he rest in peace.

Good morning:
I heard the terrible news from Jan Anderson of the Swedish Pipe
Club.
A true artist has left us. A noble spirit that fought and won many a
battle against
crippling odds, to return to his craft with renewed vigor and creative
genius.
My condolances to his wife and to the pipe community everywhere.
RIP.

Marty

shakenbake

Jul 12, 2006, 10:15:49 AM7/12/06

G. L. Pease wrote:
> It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of Bo Nordh early this
> morning. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
>
> Tonight, I light a candle in his name. May he rest in peace.
>
> -glp

Bo, may you rest in peace. Although I never met you, I know that you
made the world a much more beautiful place through your art, your
courage and determination. You will be missed by us, the ones who are
united through the Pipe.

A bowl of Braken Flake in your memory.

Tony

Ken Dixon

Jul 12, 2006, 10:19:41 AM7/12/06
Sorry to hear of his passing.

Ken in Miami

por2gee

Jul 12, 2006, 10:36:02 AM7/12/06

Ken Dixon wrote:
> Sorry to hear of his passing.
>
> Ken in Miami

May he rest in peace, my prayers to his family today.

Joe

Rocheleau Pipes

Jul 12, 2006, 11:02:51 AM7/12/06
Enjoy your new journey Bo. You left an impression of uncompromising
standards of artistry and quality that sets the bar for so many of us.
I'll think of you as I work today.

John
www.RocheleauPipes.com

Misha

Jul 12, 2006, 11:12:57 AM7/12/06
This is very sad news. A true artist and human passed away.

Rest in peace.

Misha

Clif Swinford

Jul 12, 2006, 11:13:12 AM7/12/06
No man is an Island, entire of itself;
every man is a piece of the Continent,
a part of the main ...
any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in Mankind.
And therefore, never send to know
for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for Thee.
-- John Donne

Rest in peace, Bo.

--
Clif

Luke

Jul 12, 2006, 11:28:08 AM7/12/06
Sad news indeed. A bowl in his honor.

Luke

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 00:23:53 -0700, G. L. Pease <nos...@nospam.com>
wrote:

>It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of Bo Nordh early this
>morning. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
>
>Tonight, I light a candle in his name. May he rest in peace.
>
>-glp

"What embitters the world is not excess of criticism,
but an absence of self-criticism."
G.K. Chesterton, Sidelights on New London and
Newer New York

Joel

Jul 12, 2006, 11:49:28 AM7/12/06
G. L. Pease wrote:
> It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of Bo Nordh early this
> morning. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
>
> Tonight, I light a candle in his name. May he rest in peace.
>
> -glp

That's very sad news. I wish I could have gotten a chance to meet him.
The pipe community has lost a legend.

--
Joel
http://www.jspipes.com

bigpipeguy

Jul 12, 2006, 2:06:37 PM7/12/06
Yes, this is a sad day for the pipe world. Bo, in a certain way, was
an icon in the pipe world so it is a loss for everyone. I was lucky
enough to have Bo make me a few giant and Magnum blasted pipes. These
pipes are not only beautiful to look at but they smoke as well as
anything I own. Also, his stem work was the very, very best.

I met first met Bo in person at the Chicagoland show in 2005 and spoke
to him just a couple of months ago at the 2006 Chicagoland show. Bo
was friendly and had a good sense of humor. Bo had a stroke a couple
of years ago yet I felt that his current work was his best!

Bo joins our many friends (too many friends) in that big Pipe Shop in
the sky. RIP.

Bob Landry

Jul 12, 2006, 2:45:00 PM7/12/06
An incredible craftsman despite his serious physical problems.

A bowl today in honor of a bright spirit, lost too soon.

Bob

BradPohlmann

Jul 12, 2006, 3:10:35 PM7/12/06
Bo,

Thanks for the vision, and the standard by which we can measure...

Brad

Paolo Becker wrote:
> I can't believe.Rest in peace masterful.
>
> Paolo

mml...@charter.net

Jul 12, 2006, 5:33:04 PM7/12/06

The John Dunne quote is particularly apt. My sincere sympathy to Bo's
family. His art will live on forever even as we mourn his passing. What
an inspiration he was. Mary

Buddy Springman

Jul 12, 2006, 7:26:43 PM7/12/06

"G. L. Pease" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of Bo Nordh early this
> morning. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.

I hope his family soon finds peace again.

Buddy

Tom Troughton

Jul 12, 2006, 10:14:15 PM7/12/06
Bummer. I knew nothing about the man other than his magnificent
state-of-the-art work. When I dream of carving pipes I am always drawn
to his and I'd certainly love to smoke one of my own someday. Sad to
lose a man like that, but it sounds like he had good friends and he
certainly made his mark in his chosen field. RIP.
Tom

Dale Miller

Jul 12, 2006, 10:45:48 PM7/12/06
G. L. Pease wrote:
> It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of Bo Nordh early this
> morning. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
>
> Tonight, I light a candle in his name. May he rest in peace.
>
> -glp

Condolences to his family.
RIP Bo.

--
All the Best
Dale Miller

stpatri...@twlakes.net
stpatri...@twlakes.net
stpatri...@gmail.com

(cut the spam to reply)

VOTE TO REBUILD!
www.twintowersalliance.com

----

Steven Fowler

Jul 12, 2006, 11:24:00 PM7/12/06

G. L. Pease wrote:
> It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of Bo Nordh early this
> morning. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
>
> Tonight, I light a candle in his name. May he rest in peace.
>
> -glp

I'm sorry to hear this, Greg. It's rare when someone is so clearly and
unanimously considered "the best". Bo Nordh was one of those people.
My condolences to all that this is affecting.

Steven

Jack Howell

Jul 12, 2006, 11:43:48 PM7/12/06
On 7/12/06 1:23 AM, in article
0001HW.C0D9F199...@news.giganews.com, "G. L. Pease"
<nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

> It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of Bo Nordh early this
> morning. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
>
> Tonight, I light a candle in his name. May he rest in peace.
>
> -glp

My voice joins the chorus. I'm sorry I missed meeting him.

Jack