Re: Let's barrage a pipe smoker

Message has been deleted

Fred

Jan 18, 2006, 8:03:30 PM1/18/06

Excellent. What are his preferences?

Fred

Joel

Jan 18, 2006, 8:05:58 PM1/18/06
Old Salt wrote:
> A friend of mine is serving in the middle east. He loves to smoke a
> pipe. Before he left, I supplied him with several ounces of tobacco.
> He has three pipes with him and is down to about an ounce of tobacco.
>
> I recently bought a new Paronelli bulldog on Ebay, which I will send
> to him along with a pound of Butternut Burley.
>
> I thought about what a surprise it would be to him if we at ASP
> barraged him with pipe goodies. I can only do so much myself, so if
> any of you are so inclined, have at it. Here's his address.
>
> SSG Kevin Patton
> 1107th AVCRAD
> 5th Plt
> APO AE 09366
>
> Old Salt
Good idea! I just sent a couple pipes and some baccy off to another
soldier.
Message has been deleted

Xak

Jan 18, 2006, 8:14:51 PM1/18/06
Done! :-]

"Old Salt" <usenet...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

Justin Holmes

Jan 18, 2006, 11:20:10 PM1/18/06
He need any pipes? I have a tinderbox napoli (rebranded armellini) that
is nothing to look at but a good smoker. I was going to send it to PIF,
but can send it here instead.

Justin Holmes

Jan 18, 2006, 11:20:15 PM1/18/06
Message has been deleted

Ken Dixon

Jan 18, 2006, 11:48:24 PM1/18/06
Old Salt wrote:

> SSG Kevin Patton
> 1107th AVCRAD
> 5th Plt
> APO AE 09366

Just packed up a 100g tin of MacB Navy Flake for the SSG.

Ken in Miami

Justin Holmes

Jan 18, 2006, 11:53:05 PM1/18/06
Cool, it goes out in the next couple days.

Dale Miller

Jan 19, 2006, 12:01:43 AM1/19/06
Old Salt wrote:
> A friend of mine is serving in the middle east. He loves to smoke a
> pipe. Before he left, I supplied him with several ounces of tobacco.
> He has three pipes with him and is down to about an ounce of tobacco.
>
> I recently bought a new Paronelli bulldog on Ebay, which I will send
> to him along with a pound of Butternut Burley.
>
> I thought about what a surprise it would be to him if we at ASP
> barraged him with pipe goodies. I can only do so much myself, so if
> any of you are so inclined, have at it. Here's his address.
>
> SSG Kevin Patton
> 1107th AVCRAD
> 5th Plt
> APO AE 09366
>
> Old Salt

Well Old Salt, if I could right now I wouldn't hesitate to do it.
Finances are kinda tight right now.
But when I get my taxes in I will definitely do it.

What kinda of tobacco does he prefer?
Any particular type of pipe preference?

--
All the Best
Dale Miller

stpatri...@twlakes.net
stpatri...@twlakes.net
stpatri...@gmail.com

(cut the spam to reply)

----

Message has been deleted

greg...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2006, 7:00:11 AM1/19/06

Old Salt wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:01:43 -0600, Dale Miller
> <stpatri...@twlakes.net> wrote:
>
> >What kinda of tobacco does he prefer?
> >Any particular type of pipe preference?
>
> He's mostly only familiar with aromatics. The only blend he's ever
> tried with lat was some Revelation that I gave him awhile back. His
> wife hated it.

I'll get a box together this weekend. Have some HOW blends he might
like.

Greg T

greg...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2006, 3:21:48 PM1/19/06

Old Salt wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 23:01:43 -0600, Dale Miller
> <stpatri...@twlakes.net> wrote:
>
> >What kinda of tobacco does he prefer?
> >Any particular type of pipe preference?
>
> He's mostly only familiar with aromatics. The only blend he's ever
> tried with lat was some Revelation that I gave him awhile back. His
> wife hated it.

Bill,

Box is in the mail, he has some Barking Dog, Revelation and Condor on
the way. Also inlcuded a some pipe cleaners, pipes and a couple
tampers. Hope he enjoys them.

Greg T