Grups de Google ja no admet publicacions ni subscripcions noves de Usenet. El contingut antic es pot continuar consultant.

Latakia Allergy

72 visualitzacions
Ves al primer missatge no llegit

Tim Daneliuk

no llegida,
9 de febr. 2006, 20:14:509/2/06
Is is possible to develop allergies to Latakia? Some blends seem
not to bother me, but some - Crown Achievement, for example - seem
to be feeding allergic reaction. Or am I imagining things?
Tim Daneliuk tun...@tundraware.com
PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Lou

no llegida,
9 de febr. 2006, 21:04:379/2/06
Yeppers,

I noticed the same thing. Luckily there is only one blend at this time that
causes problems.

Lou

"Tim Daneliuk" <tun...@tundraware.com> wrote in message

William Childress

no llegida,
9 de febr. 2006, 21:12:449/2/06
On 09 Feb 2006 20:14:50 EST, Tim Daneliuk <tun...@tundraware.com>
wrote:

>Is is possible to develop allergies to Latakia? Some blends seem
>not to bother me, but some - Crown Achievement, for example - seem
>to be feeding allergic reaction. Or am I imagining things?

Nope!

Latakia gives me a rotten headache. Thus - sold off all my Latakia
from ye old stash.

Luke

no llegida,
9 de febr. 2006, 21:15:269/2/06
Allergies to tobaccos?? KEEP AWAY!!!! KEEP AWAY FROM ME!!!!

;-) Seriously though, that sucks.

Luke

Fred

no llegida,
9 de febr. 2006, 21:32:209/2/06

Tim writes:

Is is possible to develop allergies to Latakia? Some blends seem not
to bother me, but some - Crown Achievement, for example - seem
to be feeding allergic reaction. Or am I imagining things?

Yes, it is possible and it can be immediate or
progressive onset. If you do not experience the
symptoms with all latakia blends, then I would
suspect something else. In the case of Crown
Achievement, it could very well be the caseing.
Lane tobacco blends, at least the ones I've
tried are heavily cased. But in answer to your
question, yes one can certainly be or become
allergic to Latakia.

Fred

Sailorman Jack

no llegida,
9 de febr. 2006, 21:36:369/2/06
Crown Achievement has only a modest quantity of Latakia. It may well be
some other ingredient which is causing an untoward reaction.

In the technical sense, I do not believe it is possible to develop an
allergy to Latakia as allergies are reactions to proteins.

Fair winds,
Sailorman Jack

Charles Potter

no llegida,
9 de febr. 2006, 21:50:269/2/06
Tim Daneliuk wrote:
> Is is possible to develop allergies to Latakia? Some blends seem
> not to bother me, but some - Crown Achievement, for example - seem
> to be feeding allergic reaction. Or am I imagining things?

Crown Achievement is a vile, foul combination of weeds to be sure. You
should get rid of that crap ASAP. Don't put it in your trash though, I'm
sure that there are local ordinances prohibiting this. Send it to me for
proper disposal. I will slowly incinerate it so as not to cause any
environmental harm. No need to thank me, it's what I do. :)

Charles

Tim Daneliuk

no llegida,
9 de febr. 2006, 22:14:499/2/06
Charles Potter wrote:

Charles, you are a kind and thoughtful soul. However, my stated position
of abiding by the rule-of-law prevents me from mailing or otherwise
transporting toxic waste without the requisite EPA certification.
Moreover, No Such Agency has evidently been monitoring my frequent
conversations with Imusta Bin Foolin in a country far, far away, because
I find myself visited regularly by The Department Of Hopeless Security.
I thus am forced to similarly dispose of this material myself as
shipping it would draw far too much attention to myself.

Kind Regards,

Fred

no llegida,
9 de febr. 2006, 22:20:169/2/06

Charles writes:

Crown Achievement is a vile, foul combination of weeds to be sure.
You
should get rid of that crap ASAP. Don't put it in your trash though,
I'm
sure that there are local ordinances prohibiting this. Send it to me
for
proper disposal. I will slowly incinerate it so as not to cause any
environmental harm. No need to thank me, it's what I do. :)

Charles, I had no idea that you've been moonlighting as a toxic waste
dump. I do share your stated opinion of Crown Achievement. I think it
is a grand gesture you propose, buddy.

Fred

G. L. Pease

no llegida,
9 de febr. 2006, 22:47:519/2/06
On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:36:36 -0800, Sailorman Jack, in tiny little tap
shoes, danced wildly on the keyboard to produce
(in article <1139538996.8...@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

> In the technical sense, I do not believe it is possible to develop an
> allergy to Latakia as allergies are reactions to proteins.

It's true that most allergens are proteins or polysaccharides, they can
actually be any sort of molecule, sometimes quite small and bound to a
non antigenic protein.

It's possible that the smoke curing of Latakia results in deposits of
sufficient unburned material from the various shrubs and herbs that are
used in the process to stimulate an allergic response. I'm curious if it
s a family of blends that cause the symptoms, or one particular blend.

-glp

--
In Celebration of Briar - A Gallery of Pipe Photographs
http://www.glpease.com/Photos/PipeGallery

hamza...@gmail.com

no llegida,
17 de des. 2014, 0:25:5517/12/14
What is an allergic reaction
An allergic reaction is very much less common than irritative reactions. During life, we estimate that approximately 2% will develop an allergic reaction to a cosmetic product. Allergic reactions manifested in skin contact dermatitis. For such a reaction to take place, one must first develop an allergy. Upon initial use of a drug (new cream) will never get an allergic reaction. The body must first develop an allergy. For prolonged use may immune system develop such a sensibility (allergy). This process is called technical term sensitization. Once one has become sensitized, even very small amounts of the product provide a dermatitis reaction in the skin. Typical allergic reactions are swelling, scaling and purses skin changes.
See more at:-> http://cosmedica.no/a-g-artikler-allergi.html
http://cosmedica.no/

hamza...@gmail.com

no llegida,