That other Stupid Face Cult icon

Pope Chain Smerker

May 6, 2006, 1:59:13 AM5/6/06
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/

Max Headroom creator claims
he made Roswell alien autopsy film
By Marc Horne - The Sunday Times - April 16, 2006

The creator of Max Headroom, a 1980s television cyber-presenter, has claimed
he was one of the hoaxers behind the Roswell film, the grainy black and
white footage supposedly showing a dead alien being dissected by American
government scientists after a UFO crash.

Alien Autopsy, a movie about the footage, is currently on release across
Britain. It stars real-life television presenters Ant and Dec. John
Humphreys, a sculptor and consultant on Alien Autopsy who has also worked on
special effects for Doctor Who, said it was he who made the models for the
alien dissected in the original fake footage.

His confession, 11 years after the Roswell footage was first shown, will
raise questions about the role of Channel 4, which unleashed Max Headroom on
the world in the 1980s and bought the UK rights to screen the Roswell
footage in Britain.

The footage was first exposed as a fake by The Sunday Times, but an
estimated billion people still watched it around the world.

Rather than being shot in 1947 near Roswell in the New Mexico desert as
previously claimed, the film was actually made at a flat in Camden, north
London, in 1995. Philip Mantle, a UFO researcher and author who has been
investigating the Roswell hoax for 10 years, said Humphreys had been a prime
suspect but had never before admitted involvement.

Mantle, who next month will deliver a lecture at Glasgow University on the
Roswell story, said: "I didn't think it would take so long, but I am
delighted this hoax has finally been exposed and the mystery has been
solved."

Humphreys, who is based in Manchester, says he also appeared in the Roswell
film as the chief surgeon. The bug-eyed alien models were filled with sheep
brains, chicken entrails and knuckle joints bought from Smithfield meat
market. After filming, the dummies were cut up and dumped in bins across
London.

For a few short weeks the world held its breath after the 91-minute silent
film was unveiled by Ray Santilli, a London-based video distributor. He
claimed to have bought the footage, shot on 14 reels, from a retired
American military cameraman.

Humphreys said the Roswell film was shot by himself, Santilli and three
others. He said he spent four weeks fashioning the models from latex using
clay sculptures. Humphreys, a graduate of the Royal Academy who has also
created special effects for the film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
starring Johnny Depp, says he only told his wife about the hoax when he was
hired to work on Alien Autopsy.

"It was a very, very strange feeling to know that I had played a key part in
it," he said.

Santilli, who is played by Declan Donnelly in Alien Autopsy, insists he was
trying to "re-create" a real Roswell incident. He claims he bought genuine
footage that was badly damaged when it was exposed to the air after 48 years
in a can. "John was given very precise images to work with and what he did
was sheer genius," he said.

nikolai kingsley

May 6, 2006, 5:48:10 AM5/6/06

> Alien Autopsy, a movie about the footage, is currently on release across
> Britain. It stars real-life television presenters Ant and Dec. John
> Humphreys, a sculptor and consultant on Alien Autopsy who has also worked on
> special effects for Doctor Who,

*hysterical laughter*

Rev. Ivan Stang

May 6, 2006, 1:20:15 PM5/6/06

Pope Chain Smerker wrote:
> http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/
>
> Max Headroom creator claims
> he made Roswell alien autopsy film
> By Marc Horne - The Sunday Times - April 16, 2006

I had a conversation with a famous psychedelics researcher and Harvard
college professor about that Alien Autopsy thing, at a Starwood many
years ago. The esteemed brilliant professor had seen a FOX TV SPECIAL
about this -- they were presenting it as fact of course -- and this
professor was BLOWN AWAY. He believed it COMPLETELY. He said the
footage was far too realistic to have been faked, and that it was the
NEWS OF THE CENTURY.

I told him I was sure it was a hoax and that I even knew somebody who
knew somebody who DID the hoax (which was true) and he treated me like
I must be the stupidest, most naive kook not to believe this TRUE
EVIDENCE on a FOX TV SPECIAL. Probably to this day, the esteemed
super-intelligent college professor believes in the whole Roswell
crashed-saucer alien-autopsy circus.

And if you showed him this news story about it being a hoax, he would
have to say that THAT was the hoax. Much like the crop circle
believers, when they're shown movies of crop circle artists making the
very crop circles the experts had declared "miraculous." They HAVE to
believe what they believe already, or the whole house of cards will
start crumbling... they might end up having to DISBELIEVE everything
their whole lives were built around.

As if that was a BAD thing.

Doktor Dark

May 6, 2006, 1:32:45 PM5/6/06
I would recommend that the next hoax be "Alien Colonoscopy", except
that it is alleged that the Grays don't have bumholes. Perhaps that's
why they're so fascinated with ours.

Bhagwan Shree SODDI

May 6, 2006, 2:35:31 PM5/6/06

"Rev. Ivan Stang" <st...@subgenius.com> wrote in message

Poster on Agent Stang's wall:

"I Want To Disbelieve"

Pythia

May 6, 2006, 3:05:57 PM5/6/06

I saw one a Dr. Who episode last night. My husband has been recording
them. This one wasn't half bad...for something on the SciFi channel.

It was mildly creepy and a more entertaining than anything I've seen on
SciFi channel in recent memory.

There was a cute guy in it, too. He's a conman who romances the
sidekick. Mucho Suave!

Rev. Ivan Stang

May 6, 2006, 4:15:52 PM5/6/06

Bhagwan Shree SODDI wrote:

> Poster on Agent Stang's wall:
>
> "I Want To Disbelieve"

The gods and aliens put me in a position where I HAVE to disbelieve. I
was CALLED to be a disbeliever. I can believe ONLY in the gods who
don't WANT me to believe in them. Supernatural forces are the only
explanation for WHY I don't believe in supernatural forces. Flying
saucers that make themselves visible to, for instance, everybody else
in the trailer court, make themselves invisible to me.

I can prove it, too. There were WITNESSES.Of course you only have my
word for it that I didn't see a god damned thing. I could be lying
about the fact that I didn't see the flying saucers, I suppose.

I'm not saying other people aren't seeing the things. I think they are
seeing things. I am apparently not, though.

I once said to a Janor girlfriend, "I don't believe in any of that
magical stuff at all" to which she said, without batting an eye, AND
NOT MEANING TO BE IRONIC, "Yes, you're a very powerful magician." She
*could not* hear what I had just told her. I have also been accused by
somebody of using black magic to kill her cat; she said I did it to get
revenge on her for disbelieving me when I said I didn't believe in
magic.

Some logic you truly cannot argue with.

I told one guy, "No, I didn't channel any of that shit" to which he
replied, "Yes you did."

Whatcha gonna do?

Not much left TO believe in but the ONE TRUE CLASSIC BEDOTTED HALFTONE
DOBBSHEAD. At least it hasn't started arguing with me about what I
believe, YET.

HellPope Huey

May 6, 2006, 9:41:04 PM5/6/06
Doktor Dark wrote:

So call up that backwoods bastard Legume; he LOVES to drill new ones.
If he can't tear ya a new one, he'll at least widen the one you already
have. Hell, people would eat the BBQ'd meat and ask what special sauce
made it taste so good. Its from Tau Ceti, beer-for-brains; you should be
exploding into moist, gooey lumps any minute now. JOCULARITY!!

--

HellPope Huey
What the world needs now

"Does that mean that Dante was right,
except in the opposite extreme?
That I got something for nothing?"
"You boys had a long journey together...
all the people you helped along the way,
all the hardships, the pain of losing friends you loved,
the determination, sweat and blood...
don't you think THAT may have been the price you paid?"
~ "Full Metal Alchemist"

"Its actually pronounced ANalgesic;
the pills go in your mouth."
~ "Scrubs"

HellPope Huey

May 6, 2006, 9:43:33 PM5/6/06
Rev. Ivan Stang wrote:

>>> I have also been accused by
> somebody of using black magic to kill her cat; she said I did it to get
> revenge on her for disbelieving me when I said I didn't believe in
> magic.

Aw, that's horse shit. I've seen you use a brick or stick, same as
anybody else. No magic, except for those REALLY high-pitched karate
yells you emitted during the act.

nikolai kingsley

May 7, 2006, 1:38:51 AM5/7/06

>> *hysterical laughter*
>
> I saw one a Dr. Who episode last night. My husband has been recording
> them. This one wasn't half bad...for something on the SciFi channel.

yeah, well, try an episode from before the Beeb got a monstrous CGI
budget. back when every second episode was filmed at the Traditional BBC
Quarry. say, the Jon Pertwee - Tom Baker years.

back when anything not made out of cardboard and foam rubber was done
with cheap-ass blue-screen effects. computer graphics courtesy of the
BBC Micro. eyes made of ping-pong balls.

nu-monet v8.0

May 7, 2006, 9:32:45 AM5/7/06

The irony was that such cheapness improved the quality of
the show, which was, in essence, an intelligent children's
stage show. And that is important.

When they think of children's shows, today, they make the
mistake of being so creative with CGI that all the kids can
do is watch, or not watch, and sit there like a bump on a
log. This actually takes away from the experience.

Back then, however, they were still partly wrong, because
they assumed that the kids would see their cheap costumes
and want to ape the characters with their own cheap costumes.
But this was only true with young kids.

Older kids were like Rev Stang. When they saw Dr Who, they
said to themselves, "I bet I could do a production of that!"

They fell in love with the show because it reasonably looked
like they could write the script, design the costumes, act
as one of the characters, etc. A far better fantasy than
chasing each other around with your arm outstretched, yelling
"Exterminate! Exterminate!"

This is why older shows have such a lasting quality, and why
today's adults, like Reverend Stang, are still running around
with their arm outstretched, yelling "Exterminate! Exterminate!",
or its American equivalent.

And why CGI is such a fucking waste of time. Certainly
nothing to brag about.

--
Be Sure To Visit the 'SubGenius Reverend' Blog:
http://slackoff.blogspot.com/

--Kino Beman, brand name

Two Beans

May 7, 2006, 7:06:53 PM5/7/06
Rev. Ivan Stang wrote:

> I once said to a Janor girlfriend, "I don't believe in any of that
> magical stuff at all" to which she said, without batting an eye, AND
> NOT MEANING TO BE IRONIC, "Yes, you're a very powerful magician." She
> *could not* hear what I had just told her. I have also been accused by
> somebody of using black magic to kill her cat; she said I did it to get
> revenge on her for disbelieving me when I said I didn't believe in
> magic.
>
> Some logic you truly cannot argue with.
>
> I told one guy, "No, I didn't channel any of that shit" to which he
> replied, "Yes you did."

The most powerful of men are those that do not seek power, that know not of
power. The more you try to move a mountain, the more you will see it stay
in place.

To change the universe, all one has to do is observe, unintentionally. It
will change itself for you, and with you.

Ungh! I can out new-age any mothafukka up in dis bizzitch! WHUTWHUT!

--
-2B
http://twobeans.phantomsystems.net

scooter

May 8, 2006, 8:27:00 PM5/8/06

"Rev. Ivan Stang" <st...@subgenius.com> wrote in message

> I had a conversation with a famous psychedelics researcher and Harvard
> college professor about that Alien Autopsy thing, at a Starwood many
> years ago. The esteemed brilliant professor had seen a FOX TV SPECIAL
> about this -- they were presenting it as fact of course -- and this
> professor was BLOWN AWAY. He believed it COMPLETELY.

bwahahaha that's what happens when you become a dietery expert and
alternative medicine man

It turns yoiur brain pink

-s

scooter

May 8, 2006, 8:33:26 PM5/8/06

> I have also been accused by
> somebody of using black magic to kill her cat;

You mean somebody used that Black Magic body putty on her cat, then belt
sanded it to death?

ewwwww

how did you get the guts out of the cooling vents?

-s