Arteests Invited: Jocko Dome-o

Rev. Ivan Stang

Mar 26, 2008, 10:20:53 AM3/26/08
devodude.com presents: Jocko Dome-o

From: br...@devodude.com

Dear Artist,

My name is Bruce Perry (a.k.a. the Reverend H.V. Monkey of the Church
of the SubGenius). I am on the lookout for creative individuals to
participate in a DEVO-themed art project which will be taking place on
August 29th of this year at the Asterisk Gallery in Cleveland, Ohio.
This project--called JOCKO DOME-O--involves the artistic 'mutation' of
DEVO Energy Domes.

I want people to put inventive spins on the classic headwear
(provided by me)--be it paint, sculpture, or any type of imaginative
augmentation. The Energy Dome has been around for nearly thirty years
and it's time for it to evolve--it is your canvas, and nothing is too
outrageous! Granted, you may have a busy schedule, and the event is a
mere five months away from now, but creating a beautiful piece of post-
post modern art is only part of this project. The true purpose behind
this is very simple: raise money by selling these works of art for the
Rachel Bevilacqua legal fund. Below is a summary statement, for those
unfamiliar with Miss Bevilacqua's ordeal, which was taken from a
SubGenius website:

"Rachel Bevilacqua (a.k.a. Reverend Mary Magdalen) lost custody of
her son after a conservative custody judge was outraged at the fact
that she is a member of the Church of the SubGenius. As a result of
appearing in an adult-rated parody of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the
Christ," custody of her son was taken from her and awarded to the
boy's father (the couple was never married). Rachel and her husband
have fought a long, expensive battle to win custody of their son,
while her ex-boyfriend's legal costs have been handled entirely by a
pro-bono lawyer (who is a friend of his). Legal costs have
skyrocketed, exceeding $140,000 as of August 2007."

For the full story, go to <http://www.modemac.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/
Reverend_Magdalen>http://www.modemac.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/
Reverend_Magdalen

There are too many injustices out there without our own legal
representatives imposing them upon us. My intent here is to aid in the
Bevilacqua's financial situation and help soften the blow dealt to
this family. They still need much help, and even if you can't
participate in the project, please consider contributing to their fund
directly. Paypal donations can be sent to
<mailto:magd...@subgenius.com>magd...@subgenius.com.

Checks or other payments can be mailed to the attention of:

Rachel Bevilacqua
c/o Christopher S. Mattingly
Lipsitz Green LLP
42 Delaware Avenue
Suite 300
Buffalo, New York 14202-3857
http://www.lglaw.com/attorneys-39.html

If you are interested in participating, and feel confident you can
have a piece completed by early to mid August of 2008, please go to
http://www.devodude.com and click on the Jocko Dome-o banner. Follow
the instructions to get your Energy Dome and get the spud rolling.

Thank you for your attention, and I truly hope we can work together
to bring a little happiness to a family that needs it.

-The Reverend H.V. "Bruce" Monkey

RevNickie

Mar 26, 2008, 10:36:45 AM3/26/08
I'm signing up!

Maybe I can actually be at the event itself, too.

Least I could do, and all. Still feel a bit responsible!

-RevNickie

Billy Blight, Bh.D

Mar 26, 2008, 11:35:25 AM3/26/08
This occurs on my twentieth birthday.

Rev. Ivan Stang

Mar 26, 2008, 12:12:29 PM3/26/08
In article
<2f20d977-bac2-415b...@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
RevNickie <revn...@gmail.com> wrote:

Nickie, there's nothing all THAT wrong with giving DEVO the idea for
using those dome hats.

--
The SubGenius Foundation, Inc.
(4th Stangian Orthodox MegaFisTemple Lodge of the Wrath of Dobbs Yeti,

Rev. Ivan Stang

Mar 26, 2008, 1:35:44 PM3/26/08

This will take your mind off it:

http://tinyurl.com/2xjta3

(MORE *IMPORTANT* MEDIA NEWS!)

Rev Egg Plant

Mar 26, 2008, 2:42:18 PM3/26/08

Yep, K-Ren and I are discussing and thinking about it, too. We're not
terribly creative or artistic, but we might have our shit together
enough to toss some more $$ at the problem and see if it goes away.

RevNickie

Mar 26, 2008, 2:56:23 PM3/26/08
On Mar 26, 1:35 pm, "Rev. Ivan Stang" <st...@subgenius.com> wrote:

> This will take your mind off it:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2xjta3
>
> (MORE *IMPORTANT* MEDIA NEWS!)

I don't think those are real.

See, this is exactly what I mean when I say that I like stupid shit.

-RevNickie

Rev. Ivan Stang

Mar 26, 2008, 5:30:09 PM3/26/08

"Shove a Pipe in it and it's Art." -- some old nobody

Rev. Ivan Stang

Mar 28, 2008, 11:06:59 AM3/28/08
On Mar 26, 11:35 am, "Billy Blight, Bh.D" <WilliamACopel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> This occurs on my twentieth birthday.

That means I am 35 years and 8 days older than you!

"GIT OFFA MAH LAWN!"

Just kidding. Unless you actually ARE on my lawn right now.