1st of the iPhone SubG Apps

Rev. Ivan Stang

Mar 30, 2009, 12:10:18 PM3/30/09
This one is SubG-related only in an inside-joke kind of way. There is
another fellow working on a more complex, "Bob"-specific iPhone app.
But for now I pass on this news from Rev. Nutting, with some
censorship:

"Greetings and Salutations,

"I, an assuming and quiet rogue Subgenius, have released an iPhone
game called Scribattle. Among the unholy images in this game, if you
reach any level that's a multiple of 10, is NOT the graven image of
J.R. "Bob" Dobbs but is in fact the enhanced subgenius crucifix,
appearing in a bizarre alien vessel that rains down this and other
powerful mythological symbols at you. If you play this game and get
that far, perhaps you too will see this (as a side note, there is also
a free "Scribattle Lite" which does NOT contain the magickal symbols).

"Anyway, by way of commemorating this event, I'm sending you five
"promo codes" which will let you get the full Scribattle game FOR FREE
from the App Store. All you have to do is open iTunes, click the
"iTunes Store" button, and then the "Redeem" button on the right.
REDEMPTION HAS NEVER BEEN SO EASY!"

((CODES REMOVED-- I used one and sent the ret to my kids and their
spouses, who are the only people I know who for sure have iPods and
iPhones. Incidentally this was the first time I, Stang, have used the
iTunes Store.))

"Perhaps you don't have 5 iPhones or iPod Touches, but perhaps you
know someone who does, or five people who each own one, or three who
each own one and one who owns two, or some other combination of
owning.
Or, you could post these on your blag or read them off, secret code
style, in your radio addresses and/or public speeches, or distribute
them in any way you see fit. Each of them will only work once, and
will only work for the U.S. App Store.

"You will find more about the game, including screenshots and youtube
videos and fake-sounding reviewer quotes, here:

http://rebisoft.com/scribattle

"Think of this as a small tithe to the only religion I could ever
stand, except that it's a tithe that doesn't actually cost me
anything. Hooray for digital swag!"

--
:: Jack Nutting
:: http://www.nuthole.com