Tiny Texan Deer

Col. Sphinx Drummond

Dec 18, 2001, 7:01:56 AM12/18/01
Kevan wrote:

> NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas (Reuters) - In a Texas contest to bag the biggest buck of
> the hunting season, 88-year-old grandmother Viola Meckel is the best shot of
> them all.
>
> She is currently winning the competition in Comal County, north of San
> Antonio, with a 98-pound deer she gunned down earlier this month from the back
> door of her rural home.
>
> Meckel said on Friday she spotted the deer and grabbed a rifle she keeps by
> the door just for such moments.
>
> "I'd had him in the scope several times, but it was too far away," she said.
> "Finally, I saw the buck coming up into my yard, and I shot him and I got
> him."
>
> It was the fifth buck she has downed in the past three seasons. Meckel said
> her late husband taught her to shoot and she's been hunting for years.
>
> "It's quite a sport. I do enjoy it," she said.

I don't see anything sporting about sitting on the front porch and capping a deer
as it strolls into your front yard. If you want to shoot a gun into a living
creature, fine... just don't call it sporting. Sometimes I wish deer had guns,
ammo, and hands.

-Col. Sphinx Drummond TWSR

Ricky Nielsen

Dec 18, 2001, 8:11:01 AM12/18/01

"Col. Sphinx Drummond" <sph...@subgenius.com> wrote in message

I used to deer hunt every year but it was never about "sport" it was about
eating meat all year long instead of having to feed the family on mac and
cheese and beans through the winter when I 'd usually be laid off.But now
that I work all year round I'd don't have any chance to go out and hunt and
no real reason to.

The Anti-Reagan

Dec 18, 2001, 11:15:04 AM12/18/01
"Col. Sphinx Drummond" <sph...@subgenius.com> wrote in message news:<3C1F37F3...@subgenius.com>...

> I don't see anything sporting about sitting on the front porch and capping a deer

> as it strolls into your front yard. If you want to shoot a gun into a living
> creature, fine... just don't call it sporting. Sometimes I wish deer had guns,
> ammo, and hands.

Some of them do.
They're called "Pagans".

--
The Anti-Reagan
Unsecure email at:

Alliekatt

Dec 18, 2001, 12:09:04 PM12/18/01

"Col. Sphinx Drummond" <sph...@subgenius.com> wrote in message
> I don't see anything sporting about sitting on the front porch and capping
a deer
> as it strolls into your front yard. If you want to shoot a gun into a
living
> creature, fine... just don't call it sporting. Sometimes I wish deer had
guns,
> ammo, and hands.
>
> -Col. Sphinx Drummond TWSR

Well, you'd feel differently if they were rats with antlers stomping down
over 50% of your feed corn before harvest. One of my good friends depends
on keeping his livestock with his feed corn, and his field was demolished
before the corn could be harvested. He only had the ten acres to plant, and
the deer destroyed 70%. Now he will have to spend over $1,000 that he
doesn't have this season, to feed his cattle, and he only has five head.

Deer do not have natural predators anymore, the only predators that keep
them culled is humans, and we are barely controlling the deer population
with more cars and 18-wheelers than hunters. I hit one three weeks ago and
it did $500 damage to our car. It felt good to twist the neck of the little
fucker on the side of the road, I just wish I had had a butchering kit right
there.

If I were an exterminator, I would consider it very sporting to see how many
rats I can cap before the day's work is over. However, deer is meat, and
it's a waste not to at least slice out the back loin and hindquarter roasts
before leaving it for the crows.

Not to defend any of what K#$%*& says, I don't really care. But I think
that killing bears or wolves or cougars isn't sport, it's wrong except in
the case of livestock protection, and it's completely pointless. (Except
coyotes. Cap those fuckers.) Killing deer is usually for meat, which isn't
sport, except for the fact that they need to die! die! die! regardless, so
one might as well make sport of it.

alliekatt

König Prüß, GfbAEV

Dec 18, 2001, 1:22:43 PM12/18/01
"Alliekatt" escrivened:

There are lots, too many deer here. But I like them and I like to eat them, too.
They have bow season, black powder season, then regular, and still they got
to get bow hunters and sharpshooters to cull them because a whole lot of the
deer have wandered into the semi-residential non-hunting areas. Some people
raise hell about culling and herd thinning, but some of the deer starve if you don't.
There was a hunt at a local preserve where they sold tickets for rare kinds of
deer, but those herds need management, too. My second wife, here dad and
his brothers had inherited a big ranch in South Texas, and one night the brothers
had all been playing poker and one brother lost his entire quarter of the ranch
to one of the other brothers. They got some cotton and some cows, but a lot
of the ranch is mostly mesquite. So, the brother that won an extra quarter, he
turned part of his quarter into a deer hunting place. They got a few air-conditioned
trailers with Mexican maids/cooks, and they'll strap you into a game chair on the
back of a Jeep, drive out through the mesquite and get you three deer in five days
or your money back! I got one rattlesnake rattle with 13 rings, one guy caught one
with 28 rings, that damned snake stretched all the way across a two lane road.
There were some tree pythons in New Guinea that would wait over the game trails
and then drop onto the little deer running down the path. I saw one tree python
with little antlers coming out of its' back from where it'd swallowed a deer then
the antlers had poked through. I wouldn't doubt if that isn't how some of the dragon
legends got started. Not to mention the dreaded jackalopes.

Chas. 'Mark' Bee

Dec 18, 2001, 3:26:18 PM12/18/01

I don't see the word sporting applied to back-door shooting, just
hunting in general. The way I see it, if a buck is stupid enough to
walk up to human habitation, it needs to be culled.

Sometimes I wish deer had guns,
> ammo, and hands.

They don't seem to need 'em - their ears and noses seem to allow them
to overrun the scene.

Fredric L. Rice

Dec 18, 2001, 3:45:49 PM12/18/01

Lou Scannon

Dec 18, 2001, 4:15:32 PM12/18/01
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:45:49 GMT, "Fredric L. Rice"
<FR...@SkepticTank.ORG> wrote:

>Kevan wrote:
>
>> "It's quite a sport. I do enjoy it," she said.
>
>Good frocking grief. Shooting animals from one's porch
>is a sport?!

well...maybe not for the animals...
but, if they're so smart how 'cum they don't get the guns?

Legume

Dec 18, 2001, 5:02:40 PM12/18/01
Alliekatt wrote:

> Well, you'd feel differently if they were rats with antlers stomping
> down over 50% of your feed corn before harvest.

Why would he feel differently? I don't give a shit if it's a hamster of a
humpback whale, shooting something that wanders into your yard from your
front porch STILL aint a SPORT. Shinx didn't say it's wrong to kill the
cute little deer, he said it's wrong to call something that easy a sport.
That ain't any more sporting than flushing a goldfish down the toilet.

Now killing a deer that wanders into your yard with a KNIFE or a BASEBALL
BAT, now THAT'S sporting.

> think that killing bears or wolves or cougars isn't sport, it's wrong
> except in the case of livestock protection, and it's completely
> pointless.

Never ate a wolf or a cougar (though I would if they tasted good), but lots
of folks eat bear. Little stringy, but still pretty good if you season em'
right.

What about Chihuahuas? Is it OK to kill them?
--
----------------------------------
Dr. K. "Cortez" Legume

Looking for the New World
and the Palace in the Sun

LXIX

Dec 18, 2001, 6:01:44 PM12/18/01
"Col. Sphinx Drummond" wrote ...

Absofreeginlutely.

After all where is the sport without claymores or mortars. Hell, I bet that
damn rifle wasn't even a .50. Amateurs.

--LXIX--
If it moves, shoot it till it stops
If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway

Lou Scannon

Dec 18, 2001, 6:02:27 PM12/18/01
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 22:02:40 GMT, Legume <no...@yerbiz.com> wrote:

>Alliekatt wrote:
>
>> Well, you'd feel differently if they were rats with antlers stomping
>> down over 50% of your feed corn before harvest.
>
>Why would he feel differently? I don't give a shit if it's a hamster of a
>humpback whale, shooting something that wanders into your yard from your
>front porch STILL aint a SPORT. Shinx didn't say it's wrong to kill the
>cute little deer, he said it's wrong to call something that easy a sport.
>That ain't any more sporting than flushing a goldfish down the toilet.
>
>Now killing a deer that wanders into your yard with a KNIFE or a BASEBALL
>BAT, now THAT'S sporting.

>> think that killing bears or wolves or cougars isn't sport, it's wrong
>> except in the case of livestock protection, and it's completely
>> pointless.
>
>Never ate a wolf or a cougar (though I would if they tasted good), but lots
>of folks eat bear. Little stringy, but still pretty good if you season em'
>right.
>
>What about Chihuahuas? Is it OK to kill them?

yup, especially if their name is kent...

The Bishop

Dec 18, 2001, 6:06:30 PM12/18/01
K?ig Pr?, GfbAEV <saur...@weinerschnitzle.com> wrote in message news:<9vo1hi$agm$1...@bolzen.all.de>...
> "Alliekatt" escrivened:
> >

> There are lots, too many deer here. But I like them and I like to eat them, too.
> They have bow season, black powder season, then regular, and still they got
> to get bow hunters and sharpshooters to cull them because a whole lot of the
> deer have wandered into the semi-residential non-hunting areas. Some people
> raise hell about culling and herd thinning, but some of the deer starve if you don't.

The anti-hunting people say that's bull, but they're the ones who
are full of it. I've driven past hillsides in the Catskills where
unhunted deer populations had swelled to the point where this whole
hillside was littered with emaciated deer carcasses, some of them not
quite dead, still feebly trying to raise their heads. In New York,
they're back to issuing doe licenses, such is the overpopulation. Ask
anyone whether they prefer a bullet in the brain or three weeks of
agony. I know which I prefer.

I like the ancient Celtic notion that if you're respectful, kill it
quickly without prolonging its pain (makes the meat taste bad,
anyway), and say a little prayer thanking the deer for its meat, you
are cosmically off the hook, killing-wise.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

Dec 18, 2001, 6:39:15 PM12/18/01
Ricky Nielsen wrote:

From what I know about deer hunting, it can add up to pretty expensive meat,
once you added up the cost of everything. Unless you have a place to hunt for
free...

-Col. Sphinx Drummond TWSR

Col. Sphinx Drummond

Dec 18, 2001, 6:44:14 PM12/18/01
Alliekatt wrote:

> "Col. Sphinx Drummond" <sph...@subgenius.com> wrote in message
> > I don't see anything sporting about sitting on the front porch and capping
> a deer
> > as it strolls into your front yard. If you want to shoot a gun into a
> living
> > creature, fine... just don't call it sporting. Sometimes I wish deer had
> guns,
> > ammo, and hands.
> >
> > -Col. Sphinx Drummond TWSR
> >

> Well, you'd feel differently if they were rats with antlers stomping down
> over 50% of your feed corn before harvest.

No I wouldn't. I don't care about people killing 'em. I just don't think it's
"sporting."

> One of my good friends depends
> on keeping his livestock with his feed corn, and his field was demolished
> before the corn could be harvested.

We all have good friends with sad stories to tell.

> He only had the ten acres to plant, and
> the deer destroyed 70%. Now he will have to spend over $1,000 that he
> doesn't have this season, to feed his cattle, and he only has five head.

He should have raised pigs.

-Col. Sphinx Drummond TWSR

plumber butt

Dec 18, 2001, 7:50:14 PM12/18/01
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 17:09:04 GMT, "Alliekatt"
<alley...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Col. Sphinx Drummond" <sph...@subgenius.com> wrote in message
>> I don't see anything sporting about sitting on the front porch and capping
>a deer
>> as it strolls into your front yard. If you want to shoot a gun into a
>living
>> creature, fine... just don't call it sporting. Sometimes I wish deer had
>guns,
>> ammo, and hands.
>>
>> -Col. Sphinx Drummond TWSR
>>

>If I were an exterminator, I would consider it very sporting to see how many
>rats I can cap before the day's work is over. However, deer is meat, and
>it's a waste not to at least slice out the back loin and hindquarter roasts
>before leaving it for the crows.
>
>Not to defend any of what K#$%*& says, I don't really care. But I think
>that killing bears or wolves or cougars isn't sport, it's wrong except in
>the case of livestock protection, and it's completely pointless. (Except
>coyotes. Cap those fuckers.)

you were doing okay up till here. What you got against Coyotes? And
WHY THE FUCK is it okay to exterminate predators to protect livestock?

Can't have it both ways.

You kinda ended up meeting yourself coming around the corner on this
one.

HellPope Huey

Dec 18, 2001, 7:22:53 PM12/18/01
In article <3C1F37F3...@subgenius.com>, "Col. says...

>> NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas (Reuters) - In a Texas contest to bag the biggest buck
of the hunting season, 88-year-old grandmother Viola Meckel is the best shot of
>> them all.
>> Antonio, with a 98-pound deer she gunned down earlier this month from the
back door of her rural home.
>> the door just for such moments.

>> "It's quite a sport. I do enjoy it," she said.

a deer as it strolls into your front yard. If you want to shoot a gun into a
living creature, fine... just don't call it sporting. Sometimes I wish deer had
guns, ammo, and hands.
>>-Col. Sphinx Drummond TWSR

1) Deer are nasty, destructive scavengers who will kill yer ass during mating
season. They'll kick you dead, no lie. It happens. They'll eat roses, thorns &
all and chew the siding off a house. They reproduce like mad and NEED to be
managed. Don't get all Bambi-fied; they're beautiful, but can be bad news as
well, sort of like _____.
That may not seem entirely sporting, I'll allow in deference to the colonel,
but hey, it came up to GRANNY'S turf, not vice versa. Too bad one can't easily
do that with marauding children, hmph.

2) If Granny had no other diversion, she'd be into the stash again.

3) The TWENTY-pound deer are quite delish when flash-fried and served with
tater tots. Take it from a Texan. Dog style. In a beanie. With Welch's grape
jelly as a lube. MmmMM, that's good plookin'!

HellPope Huey, hellpo...@subgenius.com
ExcreprestidigiDobbsulationarianism

"I can part my hair with my tongue."
- "Night Court"

"There was never a Roman god called 'Fartacus'."
- "The Simpsons"

Please don't throw your empty beer cans
in the Toys For Tots drop, that's rude.
Besides, some Marine sees it, you're goin' home
with a REALLY kicked ass.
"Mom, look what Santa brought me!"
"Why, that sunuvabitch!" H

The Stinking Bishop Prostata Cantata MP

Dec 18, 2001, 9:57:46 PM12/18/01
In article <Xns917BAD6B086D2Co...@24.12.106.199>,
Legume <no...@yerbiz.com> wrote:

>Never ate a wolf or a cougar (though I would if they tasted good), but lots
>of folks eat bear. Little stringy, but still pretty good if you season em'
>right.

I never thought bear was stringy. It's pretty good. Marinade in a
terriaki for a while and cook medium rare. yummy stuff.

--
-------
I have burped, farted, and sneezed at the same time, and I am still

Alliekatt

Dec 18, 2001, 10:24:22 PM12/18/01

"Legume" <no...@yerbiz.com> wrote in message

> Never ate a wolf or a cougar (though I would if they tasted good), but
lots
> of folks eat bear. Little stringy, but still pretty good if you season em'
> right.

I just remembered, I ate bear this labor day out in west virginny. A buddy
of ours shot it in season when the meat is sweet. It was really juicy and
good but they had to marinate the hell out of it. Not exactly a regular
supplement to one's diet though.

alliekatt

Alliekatt

Dec 18, 2001, 10:30:47 PM12/18/01

"plumber butt" <sock...@freeGrunt.com> wrote in message

> you were doing okay up till here. What you got against Coyotes? And
> WHY THE FUCK is it okay to exterminate predators to protect livestock?

For those of us who prefer to consume proper amounts of iron, complete
proteins and B vitamins, livestock slaughtering tends to be the standard.

If they're not endangered, and they're killing livestock, they need to be
either disposed of or relocated. Usually relocation works, but if it's too
expensive to authorities and owners to relocate a cougar or coyotes that are
bringing down sheep, a 16-gauge slug costs less than a quarter. Coyotes are
often not afraid of people and they have severely injured both people and
pets, and they are predatory livestock vermin. If they are not naturally
afraid of people, they need to be removed. Grizzly bears might be
endangered, but they are zoo material or dead meat as soon as they lose fear
of people. Even tree huggers back off on that issue. The smart ones
anyhow.

> Can't have it both ways.

It's done every day.

> You kinda ended up meeting yourself coming around the corner on this
> one.

Did I?

Alliekatt

Dec 18, 2001, 10:43:34 PM12/18/01

"Fredric L. Rice" <FR...@SkepticTank.ORG> wrote in message

> Kevan wrote:
>
> > "It's quite a sport. I do enjoy it," she said.
>
> Good frocking grief. Shooting animals from one's porch
> is a sport?!

Aw hell, killing anything ain't a sport unless it's trying to kill you back.
If you want to talk about sport that ain't sport, check out English fox
hunting. A bunch of dogs overrun a fox and tear it to pieces, and a bunch
of twits follow them on horses, tootling horns. Tally ho. What do you
expect from a country that exterminated all of its higher predators.

Capping a clueless deer in a clearing in the woods at 20 yards is no
different from capping one from your porch at 20 yards. Ya still load, aim,
and squeeze. Is it more sporting to sit in the weeds in fatigues, wearing
buck-fuckme scent and a gay orange hat, and waiting for some perplexed deer
to sniff you out until they're at point blank range? I don't know, ask
hunters. I know a guy that got two yearlings in one shot though. That was
a feat. The meat tasted good.

alliekatt

Alliekatt

Dec 18, 2001, 10:44:14 PM12/18/01

> He should have raised pigs.

Nah, not very cost effective. And nasty. Pigs are some nasty
motherfuckers.

alliekatt

Alliekatt

Dec 18, 2001, 11:05:07 PM12/18/01

"Legume" <no...@yerbiz.com> wrote in message

> What about Chihuahuas? Is it OK to kill them?

Too stringy. And too small. You'd get all of 39 cents. Korean butchers
pay by the _pound_.

haw.

alliekatt

König Prüß, GfbAEV

Dec 19, 2001, 5:45:23 AM12/19/01
UnitCLXXX escrivened:
>On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 08:51:46 GMT, cut...@shreve.net (Kevan) wrote, in
>alt.slack:

>>NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas (Reuters) - In a Texas contest to bag the biggest buck of
>>the hunting season, 88-year-old grandmother Viola Meckel is the best shot of
>>them all.
>>
>>She is currently winning the competition in Comal County, north of San
> ^^^^^^^

>>Antonio, with a 98-pound deer
> ^^^^^^^^
>
> Ha! We weren't making it up, folks.
>
> (Everyone else is going on about porch-hunting, so I thought
> I'd point out the media confirmation of the wee size of these
> critters.)

I'm not too surprised about the porch deer hunting, just across the river
from here, there seems to be a lot of porch monkey hunting on weekends,
especially so during the rutting season.

plumber butt

Dec 19, 2001, 1:23:21 PM12/19/01
On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 03:30:47 GMT, "Alliekatt"
<alley...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"plumber butt" <sock...@freeGrunt.com> wrote in message
>
>> you were doing okay up till here. What you got against Coyotes? And
>> WHY THE FUCK is it okay to exterminate predators to protect livestock?
>
>For those of us who prefer to consume proper amounts of iron, complete
>proteins and B vitamins, livestock slaughtering tends to be the standard.
>
>If they're not endangered, and they're killing livestock, they need to be
>either disposed of or relocated. Usually relocation works, but if it's too
>expensive to authorities and owners to relocate a cougar or coyotes that are
>bringing down sheep, a 16-gauge slug costs less than a quarter. Coyotes are
>often not afraid of people and they have severely injured both people and
>pets, and they are predatory livestock vermin.

heheh. We seen how much good man's notions of what should live and
what should die, what should stand and what should fry, etc., done did
for the environment and all.

Said earlier that deer are overrunning everything because they have no
natural predation other than man, but that's not natural. Man takes
the young, strong ones, usually. I don't. I've shot limpy old does
that didn't have any teeth to speak of, and crotchety draggy-assed
bucks. They all TASTE pretty much the same. Coyotes do pretty much the
same thing cept without rifles, but I've never had my girlfriend lure
off the neighborhood dogs so I could kill them and eat them, so I
guess we're not all that MUCH alike. But you get the idea.

Anyway, every predator that was here when white folks got here BELONGS
here. If a few sheep get chewed, let the government pay for it. They
pissed away enough money first trying to exterminate native predators,
then trying to re-introduce them.

> If they are not naturally
>afraid of people, they need to be removed. Grizzly bears might be
>endangered, but they are zoo material or dead meat as soon as they lose fear
>of people. Even tree huggers back off on that issue. The smart ones
>anyhow.
>>

>> You kinda ended up meeting yourself coming around the corner on this
>> one.
>
>Did I?

nah. Was only kiddin.

HellPope Huey

Dec 19, 2001, 1:00:14 PM12/19/01
In article <9vpr42$rmh$1...@bolzen.all.de>, König says...

> I'm not too surprised about the porch deer hunting, just across the river
>from here, there seems to be a lot of porch monkey hunting on weekends,
>especially so during the rutting season.

I guess that means the local Jehovah's Witnesses and 7th-Day Adventists can
really sprint like anything. $20 on the neo-plumper in the blue frock, she gots
powerful-lookin' thighs.

HellPope Huey, hellpo...@subgenius.com
ExcreprestidigiDobbsulationarianism

"I can part my hair with my tongue."
- "Night Court"

"There was never a Roman god called 'Fartacus'."
- "The Simpsons"

Please don't throw your empty beer cans
in the Toys For Tots drop, that's rude.
Besides, some Marine sees it, you're goin' home
with a REALLY kicked ass.
"Mom, look what Santa brought me!"

"Why, that sunuvabitch!" HO HO URK

Arbane the Terrible

Dec 19, 2001, 2:27:23 PM12/19/01
König Prüß, GfbAEV wrote:

>> (Everyone else is going on about porch-hunting, so I thought
>> I'd point out the media confirmation of the wee size of these
>> critters.)
>
> I'm not too surprised about the porch deer hunting, just across the river
> from here, there seems to be a lot of porch monkey hunting on weekends,
> especially so during the rutting season.

It's sad. When I was a kid (all these many years ago), you saw deer maybe
once or twce a season. It was an occasion for wonder and delight.

These days, it's "Get those damn deer off of the driveway!"
Thank you, deforesting housing developers...

--
"Remember, the plural of 'moron' is 'focus group'."
-- James A. Wolf

König Prüß, GfbAEV

Dec 19, 2001, 3:02:04 PM12/19/01
Arbane the Terrible escrivened:

Yep, also there seem to be quite a few beavers here. They seem to find the storm
drain outfall near big parking lots like shopping centers. They come out late at night
and harvest the expensive ornamental maple trees from around the parking lots, and
build dams and houses. They like to eat the roots from cattails, and I think that they
might be farming cattails. Lots of red fox here. But one early morning, I saw a blue fox!
I think that some people's pets are getting loose. Red hawks, eagles, and some falcons
that people have let loose too. One buck deer saw his reflection on the window of the
likker store, and charged it; crashed right into the store. One Mexican guy was driving
down Rt. 66, and a buck jumped into his car thru the sun roof causing a wreck.

I like all of the geese here but the golfers complain that they shit all over the course.

Fredric L. Rice

Dec 19, 2001, 3:26:32 PM12/19/01

Lou Scannon wrote:

Apparently only bears are allowed to have them.

Fredric L. Rice

Dec 19, 2001, 3:29:11 PM12/19/01
Kevan wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:45:49 GMT, "Fredric L. Rice" <FR...@SkepticTank.ORG>

> from The Skeptic Tank wrote:
>
> >Kevan wrote:
> >> "It's quite a sport. I do enjoy it," she said.
> >Good frocking grief. Shooting animals from one's porch
> >is a sport?!
>

> Cut her some slack. She's 88-years-old. She might not be able to go tramping
> through the woods.

Yeah, but it's abouse as much "sport" as shooting one's pet
cat when you set out its supper dish.

St. Marc the Perpetually Amused

Dec 19, 2001, 4:12:38 PM12/19/01

> Kevan wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:45:49 GMT, "Fredric L. Rice"
<FR...@SkepticTank.ORG>
> > from The Skeptic Tank wrote:

> > >Good frocking grief. Shooting animals from one's porch
> > >is a sport?!
> >
> > Cut her some slack. She's 88-years-old. She might not be able to go
tramping
> > through the woods.
>
> Yeah, but it's abouse as much "sport" as shooting one's pet
> cat when you set out its supper dish.

Hey! Catshooting is only unethical if you used box-released cats. And if
she's 88 years old, more than likely the deer have as good a sporting chance
when she shoots at them as deer in the field do when somebody with a
tackhammer rifle shoots at them from a stand.

St. Marc

--

Ghawar is dying.

Ricky Nielsen

Dec 20, 2001, 8:14:50 AM12/20/01

"Kevan" <cut...@shreve.net> wrote in message
> On 18 Dec 2001 15:06:30 -0800, kcon...@ioma.com (The Bishop) from

> http://groups.google.com/ wrote:
>
> > I like the ancient Celtic notion that if you're respectful, kill it
> ^^^^^^

> >quickly without prolonging its pain (makes the meat taste bad,
> >anyway), and say a little prayer thanking the deer for its meat, you
> >are cosmically off the hook, killing-wise.
>
> YM "Native American." HTH.

that was my attitude when I hunted

> --
> http://member.newsguy.com/~cuthulu/ alt.slack archive
> My pants just went to high school in the Carlsbad Caverns!!!
> 7:15:06 PM

Ricky Nielsen

Dec 20, 2001, 8:18:07 AM12/20/01

<König Prüß>; "GfbAEV" <saur...@weinerschnitzle.com> wrote in message

There has been a mellanistic panther scare just south of me in Medina County
Oh all fall. People from the city that have moved out there are terrified to
let their kids out in the yard. haha

HellPope Huey

Dec 20, 2001, 1:49:15 PM12/20/01
In article <iylU7.120$nxl.8...@news2.randori.com>, "Ricky says...

>> I like all of the geese here but the golfers complain that they shit all
>over the course.

Hey, that's just SOP for alt.slack. If you can whack a Palmerhead and knock a
goose INTO some shit, you're batting .999, PRAISE "Bob."

HellPope Huey, hellpo...@subgenius.com
I just lean back every once in a while,
open my mouth real wide and
let the orgones, zygones, fropones
and snow cones fall in on their own.
Sometimes a junebug too, gack.

"Y'know, from this angle,
your head looks like a toilet brush."
- "Night Court"

"Good syphilis skulls are hard to find."
- Gary G'Broagfran

"Is he around?"
"Yeah, He spent the morning
collecting frogs in the garden.
And now he's throwing them at the TV."
- "Transmetropolitan"

Stupid Insanity Test (Flash)
http://iqx.ionichost.com/other/instest.html

plumber butt

Dec 22, 2001, 7:45:03 PM12/22/01
On Wed, 19 Dec 2001 20:29:11 GMT, "Fredric L. Rice"
<FR...@SkepticTank.ORG> wrote:

>Kevan wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:45:49 GMT, "Fredric L. Rice" <FR...@SkepticTank.ORG>
>> from The Skeptic Tank wrote:

>> >Good frocking grief. Shooting animals from one's porch
>> >is a sport?!
>>
>> Cut her some slack. She's 88-years-old. She might not be able to go tramping
>> through the woods.
>
>Yeah, but it's abouse as much "sport" as shooting one's pet
>cat when you set out its supper dish.

you ever shot anything? Getting a deer is hardly ever easy. That's why
it's best to make the most of the odd oppurtunity when it is. Gutting
it and cutting it up never is. Fucking stinks.

You eat meat?

Feel superior because you let somebody else do your killing for you?

plumber butt

Dec 23, 2001, 5:51:25 AM12/23/01
On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:01:56 GMT, "Col. Sphinx Drummond"
<sph...@subgenius.com> wrote:

> her late husband taught her to shoot and she's been hunting for years.
>>

>> "It's quite a sport. I do enjoy it," she said.
>

>I don't see anything sporting about sitting on the front porch and capping a deer
>as it strolls into your front yard. If you want to shoot a gun into a living
>creature, fine... just don't call it sporting. Sometimes I wish deer had guns,
>ammo, and hands.

what about cows?

Or pigs?

what the fuck is "sporting" about wandering down to the Kroger half in
the bag and buying steer butt for a barbecue, that was chopped off a
penned-up sad-assed excuse for a life born and raised to get brained
by an electric sledgehammer?

Kill it. Chop it up. If you don't have the guts or the inclination to
to THAT, well, Maybe you shouldn't be eating meat.