I Just Talked to Magdalen

Rev. Ivan Stang

Jan 13, 2007, 5:52:42 PM1/13/07
1. ConBo is healthy and hasn't been driven insane by the ordeal, and
knows (still remembers, rather)that the Church of the SubGenius is just
something funny, not a devil cult, but something that makes FUN of
"devil cults" and of people who live in fear of imaginary devil cults.

2. Magdalen herself has not melted down (although she says last night
was pretty bad) and sounded actually pretty happy, but that's mainly
because Jesus was about to be there in an hour, with a week off from
his job in England. I told her how proud we all are of the way she's
kept her chin up and fought this.

3. She is confident that her new lawyer is doing his job. He is REALLY
pissed because he has never lost a case... and has already halved his
rates for the Bevilacquas. (THEY STILL NEED TONS OF MONEY!!) He is
confident that when the appelate court (5 actual judges in a bigger
city) hears this in five months, Magdalen stands to win back a LOT more
than she already had. A WHOLE LOT. The ex-husband's latest arrogant
stunt has probably hurt his case pretty badly.

This last judge decided that although SubGenius isn't a real devil
cult, but is "art," it is nonetheless the kind of art that will somehow
be harmful to a child. (I suppose art like video games or cop shows is
harmless compared to, say, a SubGenius book on the top shelf.)

So, SubGenius moms and dads, HIDE YOUR CHILDREN! Especially if you live
in Hick Town, NY, U.S.A.*

-- And you Mad Magazine, Flying Spaghetti Monster and Onion readers
better be prepared too, because YOU'RE NEXT!

* This is an unfair generalization. The authorities in the NY hick town
where X-Day and Starwood are held laugh off these ridiculous kinds of
accusations made against SubGenius, the Starwood neopagans, etc. Not
all NY hick town authorities are complete dumbasses.

--
The SubGenius Foundation, Inc.
(4th Stangian Orthodox MegaFisTemple Lodge of the Wrath of Dobbs Yeti,

Phin

Jan 13, 2007, 6:38:11 PM1/13/07
The whole 'protect the children' hysteria in the country and in the
world becomes more and more and more batshit fucking insane every
single day. As modemac's site chronicles it, it just devolves and
devolves into the same kind of shit as the witch hunts of hundreds of
years ago. It's getting to the point where I don't even feel safe
having a computer hooked up to the internet where if they discover
just one wrong picture has somehow made it onto your hard drive,
whether you knew about it or not, doesn't matter. They can ruin your
life. And no one will speak out about it no one in power does anything
about it because they don't want to seem soft on crime or anti child
safety. It's just allowed to get worse and worse. I am much more
concerned about what's happening in our own system of laws and how
they are made, and enforced, than I am of any sort of terrorist
attack. The world is insane.

Phin

Ergonomicon

Jan 13, 2007, 8:44:52 PM1/13/07
Rev. Ivan Stang wrote:

> 3. She is confident that her new lawyer is doing his job. He is REALLY
> pissed because he has never lost a case... and has already halved his
> rates for the Bevilacquas. (THEY STILL NEED TONS OF MONEY!!)

Yeesh. "You'll be hearing from my lawyer!" basically means the same
thing as "You'll be hearing from my ransacked savings and ruined plans
for the future!"

If justice is this expensive, imagine what would happen to the law if
there was no money at all.

Speaking of (almost) no money, a small Paypal donation will be on the
way as soon as my deposit clears. I hope there are enough deposits to
make a teeny bit of difference. Parenthood is hard enough without all
this evil malarkey.

michael...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2007, 9:04:15 PM1/13/07
I agree Phin, it's just pure facism. This whole thing of "parents"
wanting to "protect their children" has just devolved and devolved. I
wish these people could become more enlgihtened like us. if they could
just become liberated from the mental and spiritual shackles that bind
them, they would allow old homosexual pederast 'pagans' and satanists
to bugger their children with impunity. The fact that they have this
kneejerk reaction of wanting to so-called "protect" their children only
shows that they are fascists, plain and simple. This is hate speech and
homophobia. I am much more concerned about what's happening in our own
system of laws and how they are made. This is fascism.

michael...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2007, 9:05:26 PM1/13/07
Phin, I just want to add, too - THANK YOU for being so enlightened and
liberated as you are. It's people like you who see through all this
bullshit who are the real beacons of hope for this country.

Phin

Jan 13, 2007, 9:16:28 PM1/13/07

Your sarcasm doesn't impress me.

Phin

Morose, aka Doktor Holocaust

Jan 13, 2007, 9:29:44 PM1/13/07
Are the old links for donating that are around the various websites
still good, or is there a newer, different link that should be used
instead?

Modemac

Jan 13, 2007, 11:42:44 PM1/13/07
On Jan 13, 9:29 pm, "Morose, aka Doktor Holocaust"

<Chibithu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are the old links for donating that are around the various websites
> still good, or is there a newer, different link that should be used
> instead?

As far as I know, the donation links at the bottom of my wiki page for
Magdalen are still correct:

http://www.modemac.com/wiki/Reverend_Magdalen

That has links for both Paypal donations, the Taphouse T-shirt
fundraiser, and the mailing address of Magdalen's lawyer.

Rev. Ivan Stang

Jan 14, 2007, 12:04:02 AM1/14/07

Direct donation to Magdalen's legal fund: http://tinyurl.com/jbpe8

Rev. Ivan Stang

Jan 14, 2007, 12:08:11 AM1/14/07
In article <1168741784.1...@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

Morose, aka Doktor Holocaust <Chibi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are the old links for donating that are around the various websites
> still good, or is there a newer, different link that should be used
> instead?

Direct donations can be sent via Paypal to magd...@subgenius.com

€ Direct donation to Magdalen's legal fund: http://tinyurl.com/jbpe8

Legal Fund

IMPORTANT: Because Magdalen has a new legal team, donations to her
legal fund are to be sent to a new address. Based upon consultation
with her lawyers, the current estimate of the cost of her defense was
approximately $20,000 US; however, legal stalling tactics by the
opposition have driven this to over $50,000, with more still to come.
This number is still in flux. Paypal donations can still be sent to
magd...@subgenius.com. Checks or other payments can be mailed to the
attention of:
Rachel Bevilacqua
c/o Christopher S. Mattingly
Lipsitz Green LLP
42 Delaware Avenue
Suite 300
Buffalo, New York 14202-3857
www.lipsitzgreen.com/attys/Mattingly.asp

Phin

Jan 14, 2007, 2:36:13 PM1/14/07
Not to be a dick or anything but I think the whole moral of this story
is that if you're a subgenius and you want to procreate, go ahead,
spread the seed. Just choose your mate carefully and make sure they
are a Subgenius or down with Subgenius to prevent these kind of
nightmares situations from happening.

Phin

Rev. Richard Skull

Jan 14, 2007, 3:49:26 PM1/14/07

> * This is an unfair generalization. The authorities in the NY hick town
> where X-Day and Starwood are held laugh off these ridiculous kinds of
> accusations made against SubGenius, the Starwood neopagans, etc. Not
> all NY hick town authorities are complete dumbasses.

That's only because most of the business' in Sherman depend on said
pagans and "weirdo's" to stay in business.

Rev. 11D Meow!

Jan 14, 2007, 9:17:58 PM1/14/07

"Rev. Ivan Stang" <st...@subgeniusNOSPUM.com> wrote in message
> $20,000 US

CUT THE KID LOOSE!

Let him learn to pay his own way.

Children get Smarter that way.

seanM...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2007, 1:17:00 AM1/18/07
It doesn't really matter if they're ok with the philosophy, joke cult,
etc or not. When it comes to child custody most people throw all
decency or scruples out the door. And since anything nontraditional
tends to be ripped a new asshole anymore that was the ex-boyfriend's
(from what I've read) point of entry for sole custody. The lesson more
so is to not mate with an asshat.

-SH.