(hURL) Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs ILLEGAL in L.A.!

Nick Nuclear

Feb 20, 2008, 4:51:15 PM2/20/08
WTF??? Mexican roach coach vendors are being jailed in Los Angeles for
selling bacon-wrapped hot dogs!

http://www.laweekly.com/eat+drink/dining/the-bacon-wrapped-hot-dog-so-good-its-illegal/18276/

Billy Blight, Bh.D

Feb 20, 2008, 8:10:16 PM2/20/08
On Feb 20, 3:51 pm, "Nick Nuclear" <1245...@transwestairlines.net>
wrote:

> WTF??? Mexican roach coach vendors are being jailed in Los Angeles for
> selling bacon-wrapped hot dogs!
>
> http://www.laweekly.com/eat+drink/dining/the-bacon-wrapped-hot-dog-so...

If only it were deep fried

scalpod

Feb 20, 2008, 11:06:36 PM2/20/08
On Feb 20, 5:10 pm, "Billy Blight, Bh.D" <WilliamACopel...@gmail.com>
wrote:

They'd charge twice as much?

McZippity SODDI

Feb 20, 2008, 11:12:35 PM2/20/08

"scalpod" <sca...@gmail.com> wrote in message

NEVER trust deep-fried food from Mexicans.

Billy Blight, Bh.D

Feb 21, 2008, 12:35:49 AM2/21/08
On Feb 20, 10:12 pm, "McZippity SODDI" <n...@void.net> wrote:
> "scalpod" <scal...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Friend, if I never trusted deep-fried food from Mexicans I wouldn't be
as experienced an individual as I am today.

Rev Egg Plant

Feb 21, 2008, 6:14:34 AM2/21/08

Rerun.

Fellow Citizen Fwap

Feb 21, 2008, 12:09:12 PM2/21/08
On 20 Feb, 22:51, "Nick Nuclear" <1245...@transwestairlines.net>
wrote:

> WTF??? Mexican roach coach vendors are being jailed in Los Angeles for
> selling bacon-wrapped hot dogs!
>
> http://www.laweekly.com/eat+drink/dining/the-bacon-wrapped-hot-dog-so...

They seem to think that's some sort of exotic Mexican invention? I
don't believe it. I've been addicted to bacon-wrapped cheese sausage
for years. All the tobacconists, newspaper kiosks and delis have them.
Huge, throbbing Germanic-style sausages made from real red meat and
goat intestines. They're nearly as long as the inside of my lower arm.
You bite into them and feel that lovely thrill as the skin go "pop" in
your mouth, exploding delicious warm sausage juice and melted cheese
into your mouth. The bacon preserves and adds to the sausage's natural
greasyness, and adds that lovely hint of fatty, dead swine-flesh which
no meal is complete without. I usually go for potato salad, raw onion,
maybe a bit of relish and honey mustard as an accompaniment. I used to
be able to pile on about four fingers' worth. The sour cream of the
salad enhances the flavour of the other elements, the spicy sweetness
of the mustard perfectly complementing the relish and onions. Most
places stopped letting people apply their own garnish a couple of
years ago. The trick was to fill the heavy stuff into the bun and put
the sausage on top, leaving plenty of top room for the lighter
materials. Then just walk out of the vendor very carefully, taking
care not to move or in any way jostle the resulting edifice.

Despite all that - it just isn't the same without the bacon. This is a
clear breach of the social contract. The government may take
extraordinary liberties with its citizens' life, freedom and property
in the name of the common good. But you just don't mess with a
citizen's beer, the regional delicacy of his/her choice, and his/her
sausage. Taking away bacon is going too goddamn far, and I don't care
what sort of ethnophobic, trembly-arsed reason they've cooked up to
justify their crimes in their own heads so they can face their wife
and children when they come home after work. I can see from HERE that
this an A-Class fucking outrage committed by the stormtrooper vanguard
of an evil anti-baconist empire.

FUCKING L.A. health-department inspectors.

NeuroManson

Feb 21, 2008, 3:08:38 PM2/21/08
"Fellow Citizen Fwap" <berg...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Read the Gallery of Regrettable Foods sometime, I KNOW I must have seen the
bacon wrapped hot dog there:
http://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/index.html