Finasteride and Acne ?

ero...@hotmail.com

Aug 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/27/98
I was wondering if anyone has any information or personal experience with the
drug Propecia for hairloss( finasteride) . I started using it two months ago,
and it has wrought havoc with my face. My face looks much more oily than
ever before. Furthermore, I have been breaking out quite heavily ever since I
started it. I am getting lots of whiteheads and reddish bumps.
I am a 27 year old male who has had a problem with acne since adolescence. In
the last year, things had finally started to improve. Yet, Propecia seems to
have made a mess out of my complexion. Some people on it had reported that it
actually made them less oily and cleared up their complexions. I think it has
had the reverse effect in my case.
Any feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Pantuso

Aug 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/28/98

My situation to the letter. I had been doing great with Differin for a few
years, finally a zit free life, but 9 weeks into Propecia and all hell has
broken loose. Haven't dealt with this since high school. I'm 43. My
dermatologist says they're not related but I fear he is wrong.
IMHO the drug is too damn new for the doctors to know what the deal is
yet. From what I have been reading, it seems the DHT theories circulating
everywhere would imply a correlation. I'm going to see the derm with news
group testimonials (from alt.baldspot) under my arm to get his
impressions. If it's true, it sure is a cruel trade off our hormones are
offering us. You want hair? You gotta take the pimples. Packaged deal from
Hades I'd say.