Atlanta is DAMN Hot! (was: Re: Atlanta is hot?)

G. M. Lupo

Jul 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/16/96

DBJ wrote:

> gill...@tiac.net (Steve Gilliard) writes:
>
> >You know, now people realize that Atlanta is hot in the
> >summer. Funny they figured this out during the Olympics.
>
> Between the heat AND the humidity, I expect even a few of the Olympians
> are going to be surprised at the added "endurance" they are going to
> have to expend. I wonder if this is going to have any effect on
> altering how outcomes would have otherwise happened.

Just yesterday, it was 120 degrees in the shade! You don't hear anyone
talking about that, now do you? 120 degrees! And that was a rare cool
streak.

Matt Lupo
sweating...

--
G. M. Lupo: ham...@lupo.com
P.O. Box 161963, Atlanta, GA 30321-1963

Law Library Lab 3

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96
to awo...@aol.com

Can't stand a little heat bitches, get outta the kitchen. You fuckhead
just whin about everything.

awo...@aol.com (AWoo629) wrote:
>I agree with you totally. Atlanta has intense heat and humidity and
>because it's practically the foothills of the Appalachians, the higher
>elevation makes it stiffling.
>
>How did this escape the notice of the Olympic Committee? Everybody is so
>busy protecting this "haven" of the New South that everyone has forgotten
>the truth. The only people who have said a word about this is the
>magazine show "Extra". Let' see if NBC mentions it. I would seriously
>doubt it.

AWoo629

Jul 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/17/96

DBJ

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

In <4sjips$3...@news.acns.nwu.edu> Law Library Lab 3 <lawli...@nwu.edu> writes:

>Can't stand a little heat bitches, get outta the kitchen. You fuckhead
>just whin about everything.

Oh look, our newsgroup has our own little Troll!! How cute.

<PLONK>

Beverly

Robert Francis Derenthal

Jul 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/18/96

There was an article in Time or Newsweek recently that said that the
guy who first promoted the idea of holding the games in Atlanta
presented misleading figures on temperature to the Olympic Committee.
He admits doing this. I guess having the games in Atlanta was more
important to him than the health of athletes and spectators. RD

DBJ

Jul 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/19/96

In <621674495...@vine.org> Linda_F....@vine.org (Linda F. Cauthen) writes:

>In <4sjips$3...@news.acns.nwu.edu> Law Library Lab 3 <lawli...@nwu.edu>
>writes:
>>
>>Can't stand a little heat bitches, get outta the kitchen. You fuckhead
>>just whin about everything.
>
>DBJ,dbj...@ix.netcom.com,Internet

> <PLONK>

>And the wittle twerp is *so* intelligent and articulate. Do you think he
>accidentally wandered into the law library trying to find his way back to the
>frat house from the beer bust?
>Hey Bev, was that "plonk" the toilet flushing in your trailer, or the sound
>of an Alka-Seltzer plopping into the glass?
>
>Linda

BOTH!! ;^)

Beverly

Linda F. Cauthen

Jul 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/20/96

In article <4sk8gi$l...@sjx-ixn5.ix.netcom.com>, dbj...@ix.netcom.com
(DBJ) wrote:

;> In <4sjips$3...@news.acns.nwu.edu> Law Library Lab 3 <lawli...@nwu.edu>

:> writes:
:>
;> >
:> >Can't stand a little heat bitches, get outta the kitchen. You fuckhead
;> >just whin about everything.

:>
:> Oh look, our newsgroup has our own little Troll!! How cute.
;>
:> <PLONK>
:>
:> Beverly

pHd,pdelg...@pbs.org,Internet>>>Not only that, look at the header: "Law
Library Lab."

This guy will be a perfect addition to the L.A. District Attorney's
office (when and if he graduates). He's loud, obnoxious, misogynist, not
very articulate, quite hateful, and enjoys hot, humid weather.<<<<

Nah, sounds more like a recruit for the next "Dream Team." Maybe he'll
graduate in time to defend the next rich celeb who kills somebody.

Linda

Sent via The Vine - The Entertainment Industry Online
http://www.vine.org for information

Chris Pisarra

Jul 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/20/96

Robert Francis Derenthal presented to the world:
: There was an article in Time or Newsweek recently that said that the

: guy who first promoted the idea of holding the games in Atlanta
: presented misleading figures on temperature to the Olympic Committee.
: He admits doing this. I guess having the games in Atlanta was more
: important to him than the health of athletes and spectators. RD

Doesn't this imply that no one at the IOC had the brains or
iniative to pick up an encyclopedia or atlas and look it independently?
It seems like a basic thing to check before investing a billion bucks or so.

Chris

--
Chris Pisarra pis...@ccnet.com

Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

PaulX

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

On 20 Jul 1996 00:47:36 -0700, pis...@ccnet.com (Chris Pisarra)
wrote:

>Robert Francis Derenthal presented to the world:
>: There was an article in Time or Newsweek recently that said that the
>: guy who first promoted the idea of holding the games in Atlanta
>: presented misleading figures on temperature to the Olympic Committee.
>: He admits doing this. I guess having the games in Atlanta was more
>: important to him than the health of athletes and spectators. RD
>
> Doesn't this imply that no one at the IOC had the brains or
>iniative to pick up an encyclopedia or atlas and look it independently?
>It seems like a basic thing to check before investing a billion bucks or so.

The IOC is made up essentially of the same crowd of people who run the
UN, and let's face it, while its ideals may be admirable, it wouldn't
win any contests for management.

PaulX

Coon River

Jul 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/21/96

Excuse me, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that
Atlanta's going to be hot in July.

ka...@delphi.com

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

Chris Pisarra <pis...@ccnet.com> writes:

> Doesn't this imply that no one at the IOC had the brains or
>iniative to pick up an encyclopedia or atlas and look it independently?
>It seems like a basic thing to check before investing a billion bucks or so.

.
On meet the press (?) Tim Russert asked one of the organizers,
Andrew Young, how they could possibly represent the temperature
in Atlanta as 75 degrees (F). And wouldn't that be somewhat like
offering to have the Olympics in Buffalo, NY and representing the
average daily temperature as 50 degrees?
.
He ducked the question, by saying that he didn't know where they
got that information - theynever said it was 75 degrees.
.
Yawn. Once a politician...
.
kassa

Steve Gilliard

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

>:> >Can't stand a little heat bitches, get outta the kitchen. You fuckhead
>;> >just whin about everything.
>:>
No, only a witless fuck goes to play in 90-90 heat and
humidity.

What's a redneck?

Someone too stupid to get out of the sun.

http://www.tiac.net/users/gilliard

The Gilliard News

mjo...@goodwill.org

Jul 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/23/96

In article <4ssapn$m...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, coon...@aol.com says...

>Excuse me, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that
>Atlanta's going to be hot in July.

Some (obviously hot and cranky) commentator made some uncharitable comments
about Billy Payne (Atlanta Olympics committee chairman) traveling the world,
chatting up the lovely 70 degree temperatures in Atlanta in July. Hahahaha.

Tell that to the beach volleyball babes, sweatin' it up in the 118 degree
sand pit today.

I still think the Mongolian flag bearer had the right idea for what to
wear. Man-oh-man!

Melissa "'Mongolian flag bearer' is my new catchphrase" Jordan