Bye (for now anyway)

Rose Blush

May 4, 2001, 6:21:30 PM5/4/01
These ngs have been great in some ways and I am impressed with the kindness
and support shown to newcomers.

However, it seems like lately everywhere I go I'm seeing reminders of child
abuse, and it's absolutely put me "off my feed", so to speak. Recently on
one
of my favorite tickling forums someone posted a R/L account of a babysitter
tickling a little boy against his will, continuing *after* he screamed "stop
stop" until he nearly wet his pants. When I expressed my concerns, I was
told
I was crazy and to lighten up. Then I read that NYT story about a little
girl
being severely paddled by a Louisiana schoolteacher. Then on a.s.s. some
poor
woman posted a first-person account of child abuse inflicted on her by her
stepfather that was so horrific it literally turned my stomach, so much so
that now every time I close my eyes and try to enjoy a cute spanking
fantasy,
I see the disgusting image that she described, and I can't go on. All I want
to do now is go to the desert and pray and fast for a month!

It's all making me wonder if what we're doing here is really such a great
idea. Much is made of the distinction between fantasy and reality, but who
knows: maybe I was right to be "repressed" and "uptight" all along. Maybe it
really IS wrong to even fantasize about some things. Maybe it IS wrong to
encourage urges that, if acted upon in reality, would be reprehensible.

I've read and been aroused by many fictional stories involving nonconsensual
spanking/tickling, some of which involve minors (and in fact, I'm ashamed to
say, "consensual" stories don't do much for me). But I'm thinking maybe it's
wrong to read, write, and distribute such material. So reading it is a
turn-on, so what? There are more important things in life, like being able
live with oneself.

In short, in case anyone cares, I won't be continuing my "Danny" series, at
least not until I get this all sorted out. It's soul-searching time. Thanks
everyone here who made me feel welcome, and good luck to all.

Don A. Landhill

May 4, 2001, 7:57:53 PM5/4/01
On Fri, 4 May 2001 16:21:30 CST, in article <3B01...@MailAndNews.com>, Rose
Blush wrote
You say, "Maybe it really IS wrong to even fantasize about some things". I for
one don't think it is wrong to fantasise about anything, or even to write about
it.

First of all, I don’t think that most of the stories on these ngs, including the
ones which upset you, pander to pedophiles. The r/l account was wriinte from
the point of view of, and allegedly posted by, the victim. I think it was her
way of dealing with her abuse, not of encouraging abuse by others. I think this
is the case with most r/l accounbts of abuse published here.

I surely agree that the sexual abuse of children is a horrific crime, and
should never occur. If I thought that my stories were in any way likely to
encourage this crime, I would never publish them.

Which leads to my second point. I don’t believe, nor have I ever seen any
credible evidence that any story, of whatever content, can cause, or even
trigger sexual abuse. Even a story which graphically describes such abuse, and
is clearly written to pander to the tastes of those who have a sexual interest
in children, will not IMO do so. If anything, by affording a means of
sublimation, it may reduce the likelihood or frequency of such abuse. But in
most cases, I believe that it will have no effect one way or the other. People
who are inclined to commit such crimes are not more inclined to do so because
they read stories about it. Neither are rapists more inclined to commit rape
because they read rape fantasies. Nor are murderers more likely to kill because
people write crime stories, even one with scenes of graphic violence.

Of course if reading such accounts is painful to you, you shouldn't do so. That
may be a good reason for you to avoid these groups, or excersize care in which
posts you read. But I truly don't think that the spanking NGs "encourage urges
that, if acted upon in reality, would be reprehensible", nore that it is in any
way "wrong to read, write, and distribute such material".

For all these reasons, I reject your more general argument, and I don’t intend
to cease publishing my stories on usenet and the web. I hope you can understand
my point of view. I feel for anyone who has been a victim of abuse. I have also
known victims of abuse, both physical and sexual. But I am not an abuser, and I
do not think I am in any way encouraging abusers.

oe of which is to suggest that YOU should have to read, or write, things which
disturb you personally. But if you do read or post, I think you can take comfort
in a well-founded belief that doing so does not encourage r/l abuse.

----
-Don A. Landhill <Dlan...@aol.com>
See my stories and those of SamPast and others at
<http://www.geocities.com/dlandhill/>

Hadd Enuff

May 5, 2001, 10:25:50 AM5/5/01
Goodbye, Rose, good luck finding yourself. Muffy

The Prince Of Darkness

May 5, 2001, 12:01:59 PM5/5/01

Rose says:

>I'm thinking maybe it's
>wrong to read, write, and distribute such material. So reading it is a
>turn-on, so what? There are more important things in life, like being able
>to live with oneself.

Exactly so. You have to do what your own conscience dictates, because it is
your karma that is affected by wrong thoughts, however you choose to define
them. There are higher priorities in life than titillation, although you'd find
it hard to get many to agree with you at this point in Western society's
'progress.'

It doesn't really matter what social scientists can 'prove' or 'disprove' about
the relationship between events and stories fantasizing them. What matters is
the effect it has on individual minds. If these stories bother you, Rose, you
should avoid them. People who write them should also, for a moment, consider
the opposite viewpoint to the one they usually adopt. The world is made a
better place one step at a time. It's up to people to make that step, because
others can't make it for them.

/Spray

Get REAL at alt.spanking.reality!

Al S.

May 6, 2001, 12:12:54 AM5/6/01

"The Prince Of Darkness" <mrspr...@aol.communism> wrote in message

Rose, all I can say is that Shakespeare said it all when he said "This above
all: to thine own self be true, and then thou canst not be false to any
man."
Though I do not feel as you do, all my love and respect to you for following
your feelings!!

Al

NYIrishRed

May 7, 2001, 1:33:48 PM5/7/01
Rose,

First, I want to wish you luck and peace of mind. You are not the first and
certainly won't be the last to need to come to terms with your kink... we've
all probably done it in some from or another over the years.

Rose Blush writes:

>It's all making me wonder if what we're doing here is really such a great
>idea. Much is made of the distinction between fantasy and reality, but who
>knows: maybe I was right to be "repressed" and "uptight" all along. Maybe it
>really IS wrong to even fantasize about some things. Maybe it IS wrong to
>encourage urges that, if acted upon in reality, would be reprehensible.

This is a common thought when one is faced with the dark side of one's kink.
I'd like to add my own opinions on this.

Truly, I don't believe the threat of child abuse lies here with us. We KNOW
what we are. We recognize it, we acknowledge it within ourselves, we have our
outlets that allow us to formulate our thoughts and fantasies and share with
like minded folks. We have the opportunity to meet and form friendships with
fellow spankos and act out some of those fantasies with consenting adults.
Yes, there are adults who would like to inflict the sort of abuse and
marks/bruises the principal inflicted on that 10 yr old, and it may not be your
or my cuppa tea, but there are also those adults who desire to *have* that type
of intensity administered. If that's their thing, and it meets with their
mutual satifaction.... then go for it, I say.

No, I think the danger lies in those who, either consciously or subconsciously,
hide their kink in a shroud of righteousness and parental rights. Those who
post to pro-spanking boards... describing in minute detail how they spank their
kids, using words and phrases we use here to turn each other on... they are the
ones who seem to be perpetrating abuse on children. I've seen pro-spanking
sites that are more fantasy-filled and titillating than many kink-related
spanking sites. Now THAT is what scares me. The openness of the spanking
community is much less apt, in my opinion, to generate abuse than the
insidiousness of many of those pro-spankers.

Look, I'm not going to get into the pros or cons of spanking, nor do I believe
everyone who has ever swatted their kid is some kind of latent spanko
themselves.... but as a mother I'll say that I would be infinitely more
comfortable dropping my kids off in the middle of a spanking convention with
the folks I've met over the years here than I would leaving them for a week in
some Louisiana public school.

Anyhow, just my own opinion and maybe some food for thought.

IrishRed
p/e

ILSA LASLOW

May 8, 2001, 2:48:14 AM5/8/01
>No, I think the danger lies in those who, either consciously or
>subconsciously,
>hide their kink in a shroud of righteousness and parental rights

Dear Red,

I think you are quite right. Denial is always more dangerous than having one's
desires out in the open and admitted to oneself.

And yes, I'd much rather have my son wander into a spanko party than into a
Louisiana classroom.

Today someone (who was raised in Louisiana) sent me a quote that tickled my
funnybone though it also speaks to the fact that what is abhorrent and
frightening to helpless children can be delicious and titillating among
consenting adults.

"You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get
older. Little things like being spanked every day by a middle
aged woman: Stuff you pay good money for in later life."
     ---Emo Philips

ILSA LASLOW..now that middle aged woman, and happy to spank an adult!