Need for pool

Rich

Jun 4, 2008, 7:59:24 PM6/4/08
Who sales swimming pool float alarm switches?

I'd like four

Pennsylvania

nick markowitz

Jun 4, 2008, 10:37:28 PM6/4/08
Most swimming pool dealers in Pa will not touch them out of liability
concerns and that goes for most of us dealers as well.

"Rich" <Rich...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Rich

Jun 5, 2008, 7:48:01 AM6/5/08

I work for the minisabnapality and thay want on in there pool.
I am looking for a closed loop type.

The park rangers would like one there the ones who will respond to the
alarms.

WE have our owne centeral station.

The boss wants one.

What else can I say.

Barney

Jun 5, 2008, 8:30:56 AM6/5/08
Bass lists every device ever sold on his website, doesn't he?.

Crash Gordon

Jun 5, 2008, 10:27:20 AM6/5/08
Wow...what the heck is a "minisabnapality"...a tiny sabnapality?

--
**Crash Gordon**

"Rich" <Rich...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

nick markowitz

Jun 5, 2008, 11:53:27 AM6/5/08
check George risk industries they make several pool products

Jim

Jun 5, 2008, 12:51:33 PM6/5/08
On Jun 5, 9:27�am, "Crash Gordon" <webmas...@siriussystems.invalid>
wrote:

> Wow...what the heck is a "minisabnapality"...a tiny sabnapality?
>
> --
> **Crash Gordon**

I think it's a medical term. Some kind of "toomer"

JoeRaisin

Jun 5, 2008, 7:30:59 PM6/5/08
Crash Gordon wrote:
> Wow...what the heck is a "minisabnapality"...a tiny sabnapality?

I think he means 'municipality' - which explains WHY he works for the
municipality...

Robert L Bass

Jun 5, 2008, 9:55:32 PM6/5/08
"nick markowitz" wrote:

> check George risk industries they make several pool products

I sell GRI swimming pool alarms. They're UL 2027 and Florida building code
compliant. However, they don't make any float type units that I'm aware of.
AFAIK, the float types are not UL listed anyway.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

==============================>
Bass Home Electronics
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota · Florida · 34233
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com
Sales & Tech Support 941-925-8650
Customer Service 941-870-2310
Fax 941-870-3252
==============================>

Robert L Bass

Jun 5, 2008, 9:58:50 PM6/5/08
"Barney" wrote:

> Bass lists every device ever sold on his website, doesn't he?.

It might seem so. We have over 236,000 products from more than 300
manufacturers online. We handle a number of swimming pool alarms but not the
floating type. Ours (GRI, mostly) are designed to alert a homeowner if a door
or window facing the lanai (Florida-speak for "enclosed patio" around the
pool) is opened. Florida and California now require them on all swimming pool
enclosures.

Crash Gordon

Jun 6, 2008, 12:26:11 AM6/6/08
[Ralph and Norton are reading scripts for a play they're rehearsing for]

Norton: (reading from the script) I don't possess a mansion or a villa in
France or a yacht or a string of poloponies.

Ralph: (reading) I'm glad to hear...
[He stops suddenly]
"A string of poloponies"? Where do you see that?

Norton: (pointing) Right there, "a string of poloponies".

Ralph: That's "a string of POLO PONIES"!

--
**Crash Gordon**

"JoeRaisin" <joer...@charter.net> wrote in message

Frank Olson

Jun 6, 2008, 12:45:23 AM6/6/08
Robert L Bass wrote:
> "nick markowitz" wrote:
>>
>> check George risk industries they make several pool products
>
> I sell GRI swimming pool alarms. They're UL 2027 and Florida building
> code compliant. However, they don't make any float type units that I'm
> aware of. AFAIK, the float types are not UL listed anyway.

Selling non-UL listed product has never stopped you before.

alarman

Jun 6, 2008, 12:49:59 AM6/6/08
Crash Gordon wrote:
> [Ralph and Norton are reading scripts for a play they're rehearsing
> for]
> Norton: (reading from the script) I don't possess a mansion or a
> villa in France or a yacht or a string of poloponies.
>
> Ralph: (reading) I'm glad to hear...
> [He stops suddenly]
> "A string of poloponies"? Where do you see that?
>
> Norton: (pointing) Right there, "a string of poloponies".
>
> Ralph: That's "a string of POLO PONIES"!

Hahahaha! I miss that show.

--
js

Cut the RED wire. No...wait!

nick markowitz

Jun 6, 2008, 8:48:05 AM6/6/08

most junk yards surprisingly around here wont pay much or will not take them
at all

Bob Worthy

Jun 6, 2008, 9:47:10 AM6/6/08

"Robert L Bass" <Rober...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Barney" wrote:
> >
> > Bass lists every device ever sold on his website, doesn't he?.
>
> It might seem so. We have over 236,000 products from more than 300
> manufacturers online. We handle a number of swimming pool alarms but not
the
> floating type. Ours (GRI, mostly) are designed to alert a homeowner if a
door
> or window facing the lanai (Florida-speak for "enclosed patio" around the
> pool) is opened. Florida and California now require them on all swimming
pool
> enclosures.

It is only one of three options the homeowner has. Pool alarms are not
mandated as the homeowners only option. You don't sell the equipment for the
other options, so that is why you probably don't mention them. If you want
US Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz phone number, you can talk to her about the
other options since she is the one that sponsored the bill in Florida when
she was a Florida senator. Any alarm contractor that installs pool alarms is
completely out of their mind. Why would one take the liability of a child's
death for what, 50-100-200 bucks? Those alarms are disabled and/or removed
the minute someone moves in but you are still the contractor of record.
Until there is an annual inspection and certification requirement, such as
on a fire alarm system, no one should touch them. The devices should be
deemed a piece of life safety equipment and treated as such. It is a moot
issue since we all know the requirement will never happen on a residential
application. If you want to make a comparison on the issue, simply ask what
a pool company's required liability insurance coverage is and then compare
that to yours. I think you will find that there is millions of dollars in
difference. If you are going to do it, make sure you are well insured and
your carrier knows that pool alarms are part of your business. They may not
write your insurance knowing that but you don't want to hide it either. If
you do, you might not be covered on a claim. Then do a reality check on your
conscience. Someone's computer being stolen and a child's death weighs a
little differently. At least it does with me when I know that these devices,
in most cases, are something that are being disabled immediately after they
get the pool inspection.

Joe

Jun 6, 2008, 11:01:54 AM6/6/08
they won't take swim pool alarms. wow I guess Bob is right about
staying away from them!

Robert L Bass

Jun 6, 2008, 11:58:55 PM6/6/08
"Bob Worthy" wrote:

> It is only one of three options the homeowner has. Pool alarms are not
> mandated as the homeowners only option. You don't sell the equipment for the
> other options, so that is why you probably don't mention them...

That is correct. I also don't sell scuba diving equipment so I lieft it out
of the discussion. The OP asked about pool alarms. He didn't ask about

> If you want US Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz phone number,
> you can talk to her about the other options since she is the one

> that sponsored the bill in Florida when she was a Florida senator...

I didn't ask for her phone number and I really don't care who sponsored the
bill. Had I been interested in knowing that I;d have looked it up online just
like you did.

> Any alarm contractor that installs pool alarms is

> completely out of their mind...

That's your opinion which is certainly worth all I paid for it.

> Why would one take the liability of a child's

> death for what, 50-100-200 bucks?...

Installing pool alarms doesn't make you liable for anything. Screwing up
might make you liable, in which case I suggest you consider another line ofr
work, such as janitorial services.

> Those alarms are disabled and/or removed

> the minute someone moves in but you are still the contractor of record...

Yep, I believe they frequently are removed or disabled. Nevertheless, selling
them or installing them doesn't make you liable. If you're scared of
lawsuits, perhaps you should brush up on your installation skills and/or your
legal knowledge.

> Until there is an annual inspection and certification requirement, such as

> on a fire alarm system, no one should touch them...

If there was such a requirement many homeowners would simply disable the units
each time you left until the day before your next visit.

> The devices should be deemed a piece of life safety equipment

> and treated as such...

On that much we agree. I believe they should also be part of a system -- not
the simple, stand-alone devices we see today. However, UL in its infinite
wisdom seems to think otherwise.

> It is a moot issue since we all know the requirement will

> never happen on a residential application...

You know no such thing. All it takes is the death of a senator's child at a
home with a disabled device.

> If you want to make a comparison on the issue, simply ask what
> a pool company's required liability insurance coverage is and

> then compare that to yours...

I don't install any more so the comparison doesn't exist. However, when I was
installing we carried a $2 million liability package. I have no idea how much
pool contractors carry though I suppose it's more.

> .... Then do a reality check on your conscience.

Since when did you develop a conscience? Regardless, the is nothing ethically
or morally wrong with providing a device which has the capability of warning
homeowners that their child has opened the door leadinjg to the pool. On the
contrary, refusing to do so because you fear for your own financial well-being
smacks of greed wrapping itself in the cloth of morality.

> At least it does with me when I know that these devices,
> in most cases, are something that are being disabled
> immediately after they get the pool inspection.

I know that there are people who disable them. However, every person who
actually uses the things provides a measure of protection that would not
otherwise exist. It is far more likely that child will drown because someone
like you refuses to provide protection than because someone else offers a
state approved and UL-listed form of protection.

Jim

Jun 7, 2008, 12:44:11 AM6/7/08
On Jun 6, 10:58�pm, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@verizon.net> wrote:

> That is correct. �I also don't sell scuba diving equipment so I lieft it out
> of the discussion. �The OP asked about pool alarms. �He didn't ask about
>

> I didn't ask for her phone number and I really don't care who sponsored the
> bill. �Had I been interested in knowing that I;d have looked it up online just
> like you did.
>

> That's your opinion which is certainly worth all I paid for it.
>

> Installing pool alarms doesn't make you liable for anything. �Screwing up
> might make you liable, in which case I suggest you consider another line ofr
> work, such as janitorial services.
>

> Yep, I believe they frequently are removed or disabled. �Nevertheless, selling
> them or installing them doesn't make you liable. �If you're scared of
> lawsuits, perhaps you should brush up on your installation skills and/or your
> legal knowledge.
>

> If there was such a requirement many homeowners would simply disable the units
> each time you left until the day before your next visit.
>

> On that much we agree. �I believe they should also be part of a system -- not
> the simple, stand-alone devices we see today. �However, UL in its infinite
> wisdom seems to think otherwise.
>

> You know no such thing. �All it takes is the death of a senator's child at a
> home with a disabled device.
>

> I don't install any more so the comparison doesn't exist. �However, when I was
> installing we carried a $2 million liability package. �I have no idea how much
> pool contractors carry though I suppose it's more.
>

> Since when did you develop a conscience? �Regardless, the is nothing ethically
> or morally wrong with providing a device which has the capability of warning
> homeowners that their child has opened the door leadinjg to the pool. �On the
> contrary, refusing to do so because you fear for your own financial well-being
> smacks of greed wrapping itself in the cloth of morality.
>

> I know that there are people who disable them. �However, every person who
> actually uses the things provides a measure of protection that would not
> otherwise exist. �It is far more likely that child will drown because someone
> like you refuses to provide protection than because someone else offers a
> state approved and UL-listed form of protection.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

Dead man, you are so full of shit.

You're the one who thinks that there should be a law that every gun
owner should be required to have a trigger lock on their firearm too.

If any kid drowns in a pool, it's the fault of the same person who
doesn't secure their weapons. The adult in charge of the weapon or the
pool or whatever danger a child can be subjected to.

You are such a fucking demented asshole. You're so used to blaming
someone else for the results of YOUR fucking conduct that you can't
even think in terms of people taking responsibility for their own
actions.

Why don't you get a life ...... whooops ...... never mind

Frank Olson

Jun 7, 2008, 1:35:34 AM6/7/08
Robert L Bass wrote:

> Since when did you develop a conscience? Regardless, the is nothing
> ethically or morally wrong with providing a device which has the
> capability of warning homeowners that their child has opened the door
> leadinjg to the pool. On the contrary, refusing to do so because you
> fear for your own financial well-being smacks of greed wrapping itself
> in the cloth of morality.

OTOH, there *is* something both ethically and morally wrong with selling
an alarm/home automation panel that *isn't* UL Listed for fire (which
*you* did for over eight months while Elk's M1Gold was pending). Since
you boast about selling "complete systems", I'd be willing to bet you
provided smoke alarms (both hard-wired and wireless) to your
unsuspecting vict- errmm customers. I note you're also selling
non-cross-listed 2 wire smokes (Napco Firewolf) with DSC and Ademco
panels. You even list the Napco Firewolf as a "DSC Smoke Detector"
(the furthest thing from the truth I've ever seen) on your kludge site.
If you're going to question someone's morals and ethics, I'd suggest
you take a good long look in the mirror first.

> I know that there are people who disable them. However, every person
> who actually uses the things provides a measure of protection that would
> not otherwise exist. It is far more likely that child will drown
> because someone like you refuses to provide protection than because
> someone else offers a state approved and UL-listed form of protection.

And some poor family will burn to death after having installed a non-UL
listed fire alarm panel (or smoke detectors that aren't cross-listed to
the specific control) that they purchased online from some idiot in
Florida with "25 years in the trade". You're nothing more than a cheap
"shill", Robert. A flim-flam man. Your lack of both knowledge and
integrity coupled to your desire for success *at any cost* makes for a
dangerous combination.

Robert L Bass

Jun 7, 2008, 3:54:49 AM6/7/08
"Jim" wrote:

> Dead man, you are so full of shit.

Your area of expertise, I'm sure.

> You're the one who thinks that there should be a law that every gun
owner should be required to have a trigger lock on their firearm too.

Yep. In your case I'd consider a lock on hammers to protect neighborhood
children. As I recall, you once boasted of having attacked a child with a
hammer.

> If any kid drowns in a pool, it's the fault of the same person who

doesn't secure their weapons...

Is this a child who was already struck by a hammer or is that something you
did posthumously?

> The adult in charge of the weapon or the
pool or whatever danger a child can be subjected to.

Adults are supposed to protect children -- not attack them. I realize this
concept is difficult for you to grasp.

> You are such a fucking demented asshole. You're so used to blaming
someone else for the results of YOUR fucking conduct that you can't
even think in terms of people taking responsibility for their own
actions.

I'm not the one who attracks children, Jimbo. That's you.

> Why don't you get a life ...... whooops ...... never mind

My life is doing fine. Sad to see yours is still as sick and twisted as ever.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

==============================>

Robert L Bass

Jun 7, 2008, 4:14:09 AM6/7/08

"Frank Olson" <use_the_e...@yoursecuritysource.com> wrote in message

> Robert L Bass wrote:
>
>> Since when did you develop a conscience? Regardless, the is nothing
>> ethically or morally wrong with providing a device which has the capability
>> of warning homeowners that their child has opened the door leadinjg to the
>> pool. On the contrary, refusing to do so because you fear for your own
>> financial well-being smacks of greed wrapping itself in the cloth of
>> morality.
>
> OTOH, there *is* something both ethically and morally wrong with selling an
> alarm/home automation panel that *isn't* UL Listed for fire (which *you* did
> for over eight months while Elk's M1Gold was pending)...

Wrong as usual, Olson. I never advertised the M1G home automation system as
being appropriate for fire alarm until it received the UL listing.

> Since you boast about selling "complete systems", I'd be willing to bet you

> provided smoke alarms [to ELK M1G clients]...

You're wrong some more. But then, we're used to that.

> I note you're also selling non-cross-listed 2 wire smokes

> (Napco Firewolf) with DSC and Ademco panels...

Once again you're wrong. I recommend System Sensor smokes for all Honeywell
panels. They're listed for the purpose (unlike the idiotic relay you
recommended using to connect 110VAC smokes to low voltage alarm systems).
They also happen to come from the same distributor which saves clients a bit
on shipping costs.

I sell lots of Napco smokes to DIY clients who install their own Napco
systems. I also have a couple of small dealer clients who order 30 to 40
Napco smokes every few weeks.

> You even list the Napco Firewolf as a "DSC Smoke Detector" (the furthest
> thing from the truth I've ever seen) on your kludge site.

I don't list Napco smokes as "DSC Smoke Detectors." I do include them on the
same pages as several DSC panels though. Napco lists the FW-2 for use with
the following DSC panels: PC1555, PC4020CF, PC5010, PC5020, UA000, PC4701,
PC5010 and PC5020. If you ever actually installed any of this stuff you would
know that.

However, speaking of "furthest things from the truth" on websites, I get a
kick out of the way you "thank" manufacturers and trade associations for
material you stole from their websites.

> If you're going to question someone's morals and ethics, I'd suggest you
> take a good long look in the mirror first.

I do that every day and I see a person trying to do the right thing. You,
OTOH, see a person who hasn't tried to do anything useful, helpful or honest
in your entire, miserable life.

>> I know that there are people who disable them. However, every person who
>> actually uses the things provides a measure of protection that would not
>> otherwise exist. It is far more likely that child will drown because
>> someone like you refuses to provide protection than because someone else
>> offers a state approved and UL-listed form of protection.
>
> And some poor family will burn to death after having installed a non-UL

> listed fire alarm panel...

The accusation might sting if there had been a shred of truth in your reasons
for making the claim. Of course, like every one of the thousands of flames
you've posted, there's not even a distant cousin of the truth. But don't let
that stop you from posting. It never has yet.

Frank Olson

Jun 7, 2008, 5:49:42 AM6/7/08
Robert L Bass wrote:

> Wrong as usual, Olson. I never advertised the M1G home automation
> system as being appropriate for fire alarm until it received the UL
> listing.

Did you actually come out and say so? How many of your clients (after
reviewing the installation instructions which detail the proper hookups)
actually went ahead and installed fire detectors on their systems?
Hint: They're the ones that bought the "complete package" from you.

>> Since you boast about selling "complete systems", I'd be willing to
>> bet you provided smoke alarms [to ELK M1G clients]...
>
> You're wrong some more. But then, we're used to that.

Then you *don't* sell complete systems...

>> I note you're also selling non-cross-listed 2 wire smokes
>> (Napco Firewolf) with DSC and Ademco panels...
>
> Once again you're wrong. I recommend System Sensor smokes for all
> Honeywell panels.

As long as they're four wire smokes, compatibility isn't an issue, is
it? Of all the smoke detectors you list though, only one two wire unit
is compatible (and it's not even on the Ademco page). Of course, if
"Napco" says their Firewolf 2-wire smoke is compatible then it must be
so... Heh!

> They're listed for the purpose (unlike the idiotic
> relay you recommended using to connect 110VAC smokes to low voltage
> alarm systems).

What "idiotic relay" would that be?? Care to post the Google? I think
you'll find that in our numerous "discussions" regarding the
interconnection of AC smoke alarms to a security control panel, I've
always recommended the correct relay. I've also cited the applicable
section of NFPA which allows this. You, OTOH, have repeatedly been
caught "short" making vague and insubstantial arguments about how it's
"against code", etc. You continue to have all the bombast of a buffoon.

> They also happen to come from the same distributor which
> saves clients a bit on shipping costs.

I'm sure.

> I sell lots of Napco smokes to DIY clients who install their own Napco
> systems. I also have a couple of small dealer clients who order 30 to
> 40 Napco smokes every few weeks.

Yes, I'm sure. And I'm also sure "Napco" says it's alright to install
their smokes on any panel *they* say.

>> You even list the Napco Firewolf as a "DSC Smoke Detector" (the
>> furthest thing from the truth I've ever seen) on your kludge site.
>
> I don't list Napco smokes as "DSC Smoke Detectors."

Oh?? I actually expected you to respond this way. It's quite obvious
you DON'T know what you list on your own site... Tsk!

> I do include them
> on the same pages as several DSC panels though. Napco lists the FW-2
> for use with the following DSC panels: PC1555, PC4020CF, PC5010, PC5020,
> UA000, PC4701, PC5010 and PC5020. If you ever actually installed any of
> this stuff you would know that.

If *you* knew anything about cross listing you'd know it's the *panel*
manufacturer that specifies which smoke detectors are compatible, not
the other way around. So much for your much vaunted "expertise".

> However, speaking of "furthest things from the truth" on websites, I get
> a kick out of the way you "thank" manufacturers and trade associations
> for material you stole from their websites.

What material have I "stolen"? And what's wrong with acknowledging the
contributions various organizations have made for the betterment of our
industry. For all your "belly-aching" (and bally-hooing), I haven't
received a single complaint or request to have *any* link or image
removed (other than the bogus complaint from the "Boinks" guy). You,
OTOH have run afoul of several manufacturers, haven't you?

>> If you're going to question someone's morals and ethics, I'd suggest
>> you take a good long look in the mirror first.
>
> I do that every day and I see a person trying to do the right thing.
> You, OTOH, see a person who hasn't tried to do anything useful, helpful
> or honest in your entire, miserable life.

That just proves that you don't know me at all.

>> And some poor family will burn to death after having installed a
>> non-UL listed fire alarm panel...
>
> The accusation might sting if there had been a shred of truth in your
> reasons for making the claim.

According to you, you sold "100's" of ELK M1Gold panels *before* they
were UL Listed for fire. You also claim you only sell "complete"
security packages that always include fire detectors. What's the
matter? Is either of the above not true?

Did you post a warning on your website that the M1Gold *wasn't* UL
Listed for fire?? No. You were so eager to "make a mark" (and a buck)
you took on a product that you (a) knew nothing about (with the
exception of what was in the sales literature and manuals) and had never
installed or serviced, (b) was released while the UL listing was still
"pending". I consider the latter to be the most irresponsible thing a
vendor can do.

> Of course, like every one of the
> thousands of flames you've posted, there's not even a distant cousin of
> the truth.

I've backed everything I've said about you (that you incorrectly call "a
flame") with a verifiable reference (usually posted from your own
keyboard). What have you managed? Innuendo, lies, and nonsense you
"invent" in your own twisted mind, and sometimes post as being from
anonymous third parties known only to yourself.

Why not go back to ignoring me, Robert? It's quite obvious you're ill
equipped to engage in any meaningful dialogue that doesn't involve
responding with more innuendo, lies, and nonsense.

Robert L Bass

Jun 7, 2008, 10:31:17 AM6/7/08
"Frank Olson" wrote:

>> Wrong as usual, Olson. I never advertised the M1G home automation system
>> as being appropriate for fire alarm until it received the UL listing.
>
> Did you actually come out and say so?

Yep.

> How many of your clients (after reviewing the installation
> instructions which detail the proper hookups) actually went
> ahead and installed fire detectors on their systems?

None that I know of. During the first year or so of the ELK-M1G we didn't
sell that many of them.

> Hint: They're the ones that bought the "complete package" from you.

Hint: You have no idea who buys what from me.

>>> Since you boast about selling "complete systems", I'd be willing to bet
>>> you provided smoke alarms [to ELK M1G clients]...
>>
>> You're wrong some more. But then, we're used to that.
>
> Then you *don't* sell complete systems...

You're wrong. I didn't sell smokes with M1G panels until they received the UL
fire listing.

>>> I note you're also selling non-cross-listed 2 wire smokes
>>> (Napco Firewolf) with DSC and Ademco panels...
>>
>> Once again you're wrong. I recommend System Sensor smokes for all
>> Honeywell panels.
>
> As long as they're four wire smokes, compatibility isn't an issue, is it?
> Of all the smoke detectors you list though, only one two wire unit is
> compatible (and it's not even on the Ademco page). Of course, if "Napco"
> says their Firewolf 2-wire smoke is compatible then it must be so... Heh!

Why would the FW2 be on the Ademco page? It's a Napco product. It is indeed
listed for use with the DSC systems (remember, that's what you complained
about in this thread). You don't even know that the Napco Fw2 is listed for
use with the DSC products yet you flame me for offering them together.

Hint: Learn something about this business other than how to be a counter
clerk. Then you can post with knowledge as well as hatred. You'll only look
like a jerk then. When you post with nothing but hatred you just look like a
stupid jerk.

>> They're listed for the purpose (unlike the idiotic relay you recommended
>> using to connect 110VAC smokes to low voltage alarm systems).
>
> What "idiotic relay" would that be?? Care to post the Google?

You know exactly what I'm speaking about. You also ought to know (but don't)
that it's a violation to use it.

>> They also happen to come from the same distributor which saves clients a
>> bit on shipping costs.
>
> I'm sure.

You would know if you had a clue.

>> I sell lots of Napco smokes to DIY clients who install their own Napco
>> systems. I also have a couple of small dealer clients who order 30 to 40
>> Napco smokes every few weeks.
>
> Yes, I'm sure. And I'm also sure "Napco" says it's alright to install their
> smokes on any panel *they* say.

Napco says the smokes are listed for use with specific panels, including the
ones you flamed me for offering them with. Try to wiggle out of looking like
an idiot (again).

>>> You even list the Napco Firewolf as a "DSC Smoke Detector" (the furthest
>>> thing from the truth I've ever seen) on your kludge site.
>>
>> I don't list Napco smokes as "DSC Smoke Detectors."
>
> Oh?? I actually expected you to respond this way. It's quite obvious you
> DON'T know what you list on your own site... Tsk!

I put them there. They are listed on my site as Napco smokes. After all,
Napco does make them. But please go on, trying to change the subject rather
than admit how ignorant you were to post this flame in the first place.

>> I do include them on the same pages as several DSC panels though. Napco
>> lists the FW-2 for use with the following DSC panels: PC1555, PC4020CF,
>> PC5010, PC5020, UA000, PC4701, PC5010 and PC5020. If you ever actually
>> installed any of this stuff you would know that.
>
> If *you* knew anything about cross listing you'd know it's the *panel*
> manufacturer that specifies which smoke detectors are compatible, not the
> other way around. So much for your much vaunted "expertise".

Once again you demonstrate your complete ignorance of the industry. Panel
manufacturers and/or detector manufacturers are free to test and list their
products for compatibility. They all do so. Take a look at the listings for
newer System Sensor smokes with older panels. The panel manufacturers will
list the panels for popular smokes being made at the time the panels are
created. Smoke manufacturers routinely test and list their new products with
existing panels. Again, if you actually worked with this stuff instead of
being a counter clerk you'd certainly know this. Why, everyone here (except
Jiminex and Cracker) know it.

>> However, speaking of "furthest things from the truth" on websites, I get a
>> kick out of the way you "thank" manufacturers and trade associations for
>> material you stole from their websites.
>
> What material have I "stolen"? And what's wrong with acknowledging the
> contributions various organizations have made for the betterment of our
> industry.

You "thanked" them for supporting your website. They didn't participate at
all. You lied, attempting to make your site seem legitimate. By the way,
Google gives you a page rank of "0" (you know, same as your experience level).
Nice lknowing how important your website is, isn't it. :^)

> For all your "belly-aching" (and bally-hooing), I haven't received a single
> complaint or request to have *any* link or image removed (other than the
> bogus complaint from the "Boinks" guy).

Bogus? They ordered you to remove stolen material from your website. You
promptly removed it and THEN posted here how it never was there in the first
place. What a moron.

> You, OTOH have run afoul of several manufacturers, haven't you?

Yep. There are two companies which asked me not to sell their products online
because other dealers complained that they can't compete with my prices.

>>> If you're going to question someone's morals and ethics, I'd suggest you
>>> take a good long look in the mirror first.
>>
>> I do that every day and I see a person trying to do the right thing. You,
>> OTOH, see a person who hasn't tried to do anything useful, helpful or
>> honest in your entire, miserable life.
>
> That just proves that you don't know me at all.

You and I both know what a liar you are. Both of us know you never did any of
the bullshit stuff you claimed with airplanes, ladders, etc. Both of us know
you lied about calling ADI. Both of us know you lie all the time. You don't
even fool the IB -- they know it too.

>>> And some poor family will burn to death after having installed a non-UL
>>> listed fire alarm panel...
>>
>> The accusation might sting if there had been a shred of truth in your
>> reasons for making the claim.
>
> According to you, you sold "100's" of ELK M1Gold panels *before* they were
> UL Listed for fire. You also claim you only sell "complete" security
> packages that always include fire detectors. What's the matter? Is either
> of the above not true?

You're lying again. I never said that I sell only complete systems online. I
do indeed sell complete systems -- lots of them. But I also sell just a panel
if that's what the client wants. Some people order a few components. The
best sales though, are government orders. Those often run into tens of
thousands of dollars.

Hmm. While we're on the subject, remember when you lied saying I don't even
have a DUNS or a CCR registration? Wrong again.

> Did you post a warning on your website that the M1Gold *wasn't* UL Listed
> for fire?? No.

No one *ever* ordered an M1G system from us without calling first. The panel
was sold with the notice clearly printed, "UL pending". That information was
on my website and on the documentation from ELK. You chose to ignore it when
you first tried that flame. It's the same as the current one about Napco
smokes and DSC panels. You blast me for selling them together but you don't
even know that they are listed for use together. Then you flame about who
does the listing but you don't know that *any* manufacturer can test and list
its products for use with any other company's listed products. Some expert.
Phbbt.

> You were so eager to "make a mark" (and a buck) you took on a product that
> you (a) knew nothing about (with the exception of what was in the sales
> literature and manuals) and had never installed or serviced, (b) was
> released while the UL listing was still "pending". I consider the latter to
> be the most irresponsible thing a vendor can do.

Wrong again (as usual). I bought a complete ELK-M1G when they first came out
just so I could work learn the ins and outs of the system prior to offering it
for sale. With simpler systems I don't always need to do that but the ELK-M1G
is so far ahead of most other panels and much more complex.

Now that you mention it though, I recall you claimed to have experience using
them. I asked ELK and they never heard of you. Furthermore, at the time they
said they had no distribution channel in or near Vancouver, BC. As usual, you
were lying.

>> Of course, like every one of the thousands of flames you've posted, there's
>> not even a distant cousin of the truth.
>
> I've backed everything I've said about you (that you incorrectly call "a
> flame") with a verifiable reference (usually posted from your own

> keyboard)...

You've misquoted, misled, obfuscated, conjured and outright lied for years.

> What have you managed?

I manage a moderately successful online business, currently selling nearly
$250K a month in security, home automation and custom electronics parts and
systems. I manage to do so without making up fantastic stories of "borrowing"
a Boeing 737 and snap-rolling it. I mange to do so without making up stories
about levitating ladders, 50,000 volt shocks and other assorted, idiotic lies
you regularly tell. I manage my online business despite your repeated
attempts to interfere with my suppliers. I managed a small, "brick and
mortar" alarm company with our own central station for decades while you were
flipping burgers or pumping 'tane.

> Why not go back to ignoring me, Robert?

I usually do. I re-installed my newsreader and neglected to set the filters.
Bye for now, moron.

Frank Olson

Jun 7, 2008, 3:56:27 PM6/7/08
Robert L Bass wrote:
> "Frank Olson" wrote:
>>
>>> Wrong as usual, Olson. I never advertised the M1G home automation
>>> system as being appropriate for fire alarm until it received the UL
>>> listing.
>>
>> Did you actually come out and say so?
>
> Yep.

Nope. You even listed smoke detectors with it. No mention that it
isn't "UL Listed" for fire (or that the listing is "pending").
http://web.archive.org/web/20041104214015/www.bassburglaralarms.com/subcategory_335.htm

>> How many of your clients (after reviewing the installation
>> instructions which detail the proper hookups) actually went
>> ahead and installed fire detectors on their systems?
>
> None that I know of. During the first year or so of the ELK-M1G we
> didn't sell that many of them.

But you list several models of two wire System Sensor smokes...
Funny... the panel wasn't even UL Listed for fire back then.

>> Hint: They're the ones that bought the "complete package" from you.
>
> Hint: You have no idea who buys what from me.

No doubt it's the "few" folks that have bothered to post complaints here
(and at the BBB). And I seriously doubt they'll ever buy from you again.

>>> You're wrong some more. But then, we're used to that.
>>
>> Then you *don't* sell complete systems...
>
> You're wrong. I didn't sell smokes with M1G panels until they received
> the UL fire listing.

Interesting. The internet archive says differently. I guess it's all
part of the ASA conspiracy to discredit you.

>>> Once again you're wrong. I recommend System Sensor smokes for all
>>> Honeywell panels.
>>
>> As long as they're four wire smokes, compatibility isn't an issue, is
>> it? Of all the smoke detectors you list though, only one two wire unit
>> is compatible (and it's not even on the Ademco page). Of course, if
>> "Napco" says their Firewolf 2-wire smoke is compatible then it must be
>> so... Heh!
>
> Why would the FW2 be on the Ademco page? It's a Napco product. It is
> indeed listed for use with the DSC systems (remember, that's what you
> complained about in this thread). You don't even know that the Napco
> Fw2 is listed for use with the DSC products yet you flame me for
> offering them together.

*DSC* does NOT list the Napco Firewolf as an acceptable two wire
detector. Until the PANEL MANUFACTURER does, there's no way anyone in
their right mind would accept the installation. But then, things might
be a little different down your way. I keep forgetting about this
little thing called the 49th parallel.

> Hint: Learn something about this business other than how to be a counter
> clerk. Then you can post with knowledge as well as hatred. You'll only
> look like a jerk then. When you post with nothing but hatred you just
> look like a stupid jerk.

Where have I posted anything hateful? I happened to "call you" on a
mistake you made. It's one of several. Get over it.

>>> They're listed for the purpose (unlike the idiotic relay you
>>> recommended using to connect 110VAC smokes to low voltage alarm
>>> systems).
>>
>> What "idiotic relay" would that be?? Care to post the Google?
>
> You know exactly what I'm speaking about. You also ought to know (but
> don't) that it's a violation to use it.

A violation of what?? "Electrical Code"? "NFPA"? "The Charter of
Rights and Freedoms"? "The Constitution"?

>>> They also happen to come from the same distributor which saves
>>> clients a bit on shipping costs.
>>
>> I'm sure.
>
> You would know if you had a clue.

That's just it. I do.

>>> I sell lots of Napco smokes to DIY clients who install their own
>>> Napco systems. I also have a couple of small dealer clients who
>>> order 30 to 40 Napco smokes every few weeks.
>>
>> Yes, I'm sure. And I'm also sure "Napco" says it's alright to install
>> their smokes on any panel *they* say.
>
> Napco says the smokes are listed for use with specific panels, including
> the ones you flamed me for offering them with. Try to wiggle out of
> looking like an idiot (again).

Funny. I don't see any "Napco" smoke detector product listed as
compatible with *any* DSC panel. If you're referring to the listing
addemdum available at the Napco website at
http://napcosecurity.com/images/manuals%20firewolf/FW2_WI1009F.05_ADDM.pdf
I only see the 1555, 4020, 5010, and 5020 listed. *DSC*, however, DOES
NOT list them with *any* of their panels, therefore no installing or
servicing company would use them.

>>> I don't list Napco smokes as "DSC Smoke Detectors."
>>
>> Oh?? I actually expected you to respond this way. It's quite obvious
>> you DON'T know what you list on your own site... Tsk!
>
> I put them there. They are listed on my site as Napco smokes. After
> all, Napco does make them. But please go on, trying to change the
> subject rather than admit how ignorant you were to post this flame in
> the first place.

The "master heading" is still "DSC Smoke Detectors". Which is extremely
misleading. You must spend a lot of time issuing RMA's for the
"dealers" you sell to.

>>> I do include them on the same pages as several DSC panels though.
>>> Napco lists the FW-2 for use with the following DSC panels: PC1555,
>>> PC4020CF, PC5010, PC5020, UA000, PC4701, PC5010 and PC5020. If you
>>> ever actually installed any of this stuff you would know that.
>>
>> If *you* knew anything about cross listing you'd know it's the *panel*
>> manufacturer that specifies which smoke detectors are compatible, not
>> the other way around. So much for your much vaunted "expertise".
>
> Once again you demonstrate your complete ignorance of the industry.
> Panel manufacturers and/or detector manufacturers are free to test and
> list their products for compatibility. They all do so. Take a look at
> the listings for newer System Sensor smokes with older panels. The
> panel manufacturers will list the panels for popular smokes being made
> at the time the panels are created. Smoke manufacturers routinely test
> and list their new products with existing panels. Again, if you
> actually worked with this stuff instead of being a counter clerk you'd
> certainly know this. Why, everyone here (except Jiminex and Cracker)
> know it.

You're wrong Robert. I've been involved in the installation and
commissioning of new fire alarm systems for more years than you legally
installed alarms. You've only been in the position to say you "legally
installed" and serviced alarm equipment from 1983 to 1999 (you yourself
could not pull a permit until 1986 though). That's the length of time
you held the proper "L" licenses. Of course, this means that "hundreds"
of alarm systems you installed between 1979 and 1986 were done so
without benefit of the proper permits and those between 1979 and 1983
without a qualified installer.

>>> However, speaking of "furthest things from the truth" on websites, I
>>> get a kick out of the way you "thank" manufacturers and trade
>>> associations for material you stole from their websites.
>>
>> What material have I "stolen"? And what's wrong with acknowledging
>> the contributions various organizations have made for the betterment
>> of our industry.
>
> You "thanked" them for supporting your website.

Uh-huh.

> They didn't participate
> at all.

Where did I say they did?

> By the way, Google gives you a page rank of "0" (you know, same as your
> experience level). Nice lknowing how important your website is, isn't
> it. :^)

Page rank (as you've often stated), doesn't mean a thing.

>> For all your "belly-aching" (and bally-hooing), I haven't received a
>> single complaint or request to have *any* link or image removed (other
>> than the bogus complaint from the "Boinks" guy).
>
> Bogus? They ordered you to remove stolen material from your website.

What "stolen material" was that?

> You promptly removed it and THEN posted here how it never was there in
> the first place. What a moron.

It's never been "removed". You forgot to "refresh" your browser. I've
kept this group apprised of every detail as related to Jim's "Tech-Help"
software.

>> You, OTOH have run afoul of several manufacturers, haven't you?
>
> Yep. There are two companies which asked me not to sell their products
> online because other dealers complained that they can't compete with my
> prices.

Heh... Nice dodge.

>>> I do that every day and I see a person trying to do the right thing.
>>> You, OTOH, see a person who hasn't tried to do anything useful,
>>> helpful or honest in your entire, miserable life.
>>
>> That just proves that you don't know me at all.
>
> You and I both know what a liar you are. Both of us know you never did
> any of the bullshit stuff you claimed with airplanes, ladders, etc.

Really?? How do *you* know that?

> Both of us know you lied about calling ADI.

Really? How do *you* know that?

> Both of us know you lie all
> the time. You don't even fool the IB -- they know it too.

The good old 3D Bass is back. Dodge, Duck, Deceive.

>>> The accusation might sting if there had been a shred of truth in your
>>> reasons for making the claim.
>>
>> According to you, you sold "100's" of ELK M1Gold panels *before* they
>> were UL Listed for fire. You also claim you only sell "complete"
>> security packages that always include fire detectors. What's the
>> matter? Is either of the above not true?
>
> You're lying again. I never said that I sell only complete systems
> online. I do indeed sell complete systems -- lots of them. But I also
> sell just a panel if that's what the client wants.

But "just a panel" isn't a "complete system", now is it Robert?

> Some people order a
> few components. The best sales though, are government orders. Those
> often run into tens of thousands of dollars.

Bully for you.

> Hmm. While we're on the subject, remember when you lied saying I don't
> even have a DUNS or a CCR registration? Wrong again.

I never posted that. And I could care less whether you do or don't.

>> Did you post a warning on your website that the M1Gold *wasn't* UL
>> Listed for fire?? No.
>
> No one *ever* ordered an M1G system from us without calling first. The
> panel was sold with the notice clearly printed, "UL pending". That
> information was on my website and on the documentation from ELK.

Not according to the Internet Archive. You listed System Sensor smokes
with the Elk panel, Bass, from "day one". And there's no "UL pending"
notice anywhere on your site either (that I could see).

> You
> chose to ignore it when you first tried that flame.

I just have a good memory for facts.

> It's the same as
> the current one about Napco smokes and DSC panels. You blast me for
> selling them together but you don't even know that they are listed for
> use together.

They are NOT listed for use by the Panel manufacturer. You can spout
this nonsense all day long. It won't alter the fact that you're wrong.
No legitimate Dealer would install a two wire smoke detector that
wasn't listed as compatible *by* the panel manufacturer. Which brings
up a valid question: How many systems have you sold with the *wrong*
detectors?

> Then you flame about who does the listing but you don't
> know that *any* manufacturer can test and list its products for use with
> any other company's listed products. Some expert. Phbbt.

If DSC, Edwards, Simplex, Elk, Napco, Notifier, FireLite or any other
PANEL manufacturer lists a smoke detector as UL (or ULC) cross-listed
with their specific PANEL, I'll install it. Any conscientious installer
would as well. I wonder how many of the systems *you* sell get "red
tagged" for non-compliant smokes? This is the time when you really hope
the guys doing the inspections know what they're doing.

>> You were so eager to "make a mark" (and a buck) you took on a product
>> that you (a) knew nothing about (with the exception of what was in the
>> sales literature and manuals) and had never installed or serviced, (b)
>> was released while the UL listing was still "pending". I consider the
>> latter to be the most irresponsible thing a vendor can do.
>
> Wrong again (as usual). I bought a complete ELK-M1G when they first
> came out just so I could work learn the ins and outs of the system prior
> to offering it for sale. With simpler systems I don't always need to do
> that but the ELK-M1G is so far ahead of most other panels and much more
> complex.

Heh.... right. It's been sitting on your workbench.

> Now that you mention it though, I recall you claimed to have experience
> using them. I asked ELK and they never heard of you. Furthermore, at
> the time they said they had no distribution channel in or near
> Vancouver, BC. As usual, you were lying.

Burtek is Elk's only national distribution channel that can sell the
M1-Gold. Oddly enough, their head office happens to be in Vancouver.
They're now called "Burtek-ADI" by the way, but back when I purchased my
unit, it was just plain "Burtek".

>>> Of course, like every one of the thousands of flames you've posted,
>>> there's not even a distant cousin of the truth.
>>
>> I've backed everything I've said about you (that you incorrectly call
>> "a flame") with a verifiable reference (usually posted from your own
>> keyboard)...
>
> You've misquoted, misled, obfuscated, conjured and outright lied for years.

That's *your* specialty.

>> What have you managed?
>
> I manage a moderately successful online business, currently selling
> nearly $250K a month in security, home automation and custom electronics
> parts and systems.

Heh... right.

> I manage to do so without making up fantastic
> stories of "borrowing" a Boeing 737 and snap-rolling it.

You made that one up. Or should I say "you've misquoted, misled,

obfuscated, conjured and outright lied for years".

> I mange to do
> so without making up stories about levitating ladders, 50,000 volt
> shocks and other assorted, idiotic lies you regularly tell.

Now who's "making up stories"???

> I manage my
> online business despite your repeated attempts to interfere with my
> suppliers.

More baseless accusations. I challenge you to back these up with cold
hard facts.

> I managed a small, "brick and mortar" alarm company with our
> own central station for decades while you were flipping burgers or
> pumping 'tane.

Sure, Bass.

>> Why not go back to ignoring me, Robert?
>
> I usually do. I re-installed my newsreader and neglected to set the
> filters. Bye for now, moron.

Pity. Now everyone else will have the benefit of knowing the *real*
reason why you ignore me.

Jim

Jun 7, 2008, 6:02:17 PM6/7/08
On Jun 7, 2:54 am, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I'm not the one who attracks children, Jimbo.  That's you.
>
> > Why don't you get a life ...... whooops ...... never mind
>
> My life is doing fine.  Sad to see yours is still as sick and twisted as ever.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

Ahhhh, speaking of "twisted" would you like to substantiate your story
about me hitting children with a hammer? Let's see you pull up
anything that even remotely sounds like your claim that I attacked
small children. Hmmmm can't seem to coroborate another of your lies
about someone? What a sorry dying fuck you are. Pitiful you couldn't
have led a better life. I guess once someone like you decides they're
just a piece of shit, you've figured that there's just no use trying
to remedy your life and you're just going to go to your grave without
any remorse.

Oh well, I guess we can take the bad news with the good.

In fact, I KNOW we can.

Have a good da ...... well ... no. I guess you don't have any good
days left.
Sorry, just can't resist reminding you, as often as possible, that
it's time to spend just one more moment thinking about your impending
demise.
It's called "Positive thinking" You know .... the more you think
about something, the more likely it's going to happen .......

Bob Worthy

Jun 9, 2008, 8:10:01 AM6/9/08

I wonder how many of the systems *you* sell get "red
> tagged" for non-compliant smokes?

DIYER's pulling permits? I wonder how many of the systems he sells get
inspected. I will bet there is about zero time spent talking about the
requirements of permits during his sales process. I have never visited his
website. Is there anything notices there at all about permitting and
inspections throught the local juridicitons.

Bob Worthy

Jun 9, 2008, 9:09:49 AM6/9/08

"Bob Worthy" <secu...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> "Frank Olson" <use_the_e...@yoursecuritysource.com> wrote in
message

> I wonder how many of the systems *you* sell get "red
> > tagged" for non-compliant smokes?
>
> DIYER's pulling permits? I wonder how many of the systems he sells get
> inspected. I will bet there is about zero time spent talking about the
> requirements of permits during his sales process. I have never visited his
> website. Is there anything there at all about permitting and
> inspections through the local jurisdictions.

To freaking early in the morning. Probably to late but I thought I had
better clean it up before the "Spellcheck Patrol" got me. :o]

Doug

Jun 9, 2008, 10:08:17 AM6/9/08

"Bob Worthy" <secu...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Too late, too early, two errors. SCP will not be pleased.

Doug

Robert L Bass

Jun 9, 2008, 2:55:26 PM6/9/08
"Bob Worthy" wrote:

> "Frank Olson" wrote:
>
> I wonder how many of the systems *you* sell get "red
>> tagged" for non-compliant smokes?

So far, none. We already know that Olson has no problem with that since he
never installed anything.

> DIYER's pulling permits? I wonder how many of the systems he sells get
> inspected. I will bet there is about zero time spent talking about the
> requirements of permits during his sales process. I have never visited his
> website. Is there anything notices there at all about permitting and
> inspections throught the local juridicitons.

DIYers? How about so-called "professional" installers? I spent 24 years
running a small, central station alarm company. We pulled permits in every
town that required them. A few rural towns in CT didn't but most required a
permit. I also pulled permits when we took over commercial fire alarms. Very
often there would be a surprised look on the clerk's face followed by, "That
place has an alarm? We don't have a record of any permit there." You see,
almost none of the local alarm companies ever pull permits unless the job is
new construction. I seriously doubt Worthy pulls permits unless he knows
he'll get caught.

The funny thing is Olson whining about "non-compliant" smokes even though he
has finally learned (from me) that the ones I sell are indeed compliant. He
didn't even know how to check or where to look to find out which smoke
detectors are listed for use with a specific panel. Furthermore, he's so
lacking in experience and knowledge that he didn't know (until I told him)
that detector manufacturers, as well as panel manufacturers, can and do list
smokes for use with control panels. What a moron!

As to notices regarding permitting, the process varies from town to town,
county to county, state to state and by country as well. It is impossible to
provide accurate instructions for all locations. I check competitors'
websites from time to time and have yet to find anyone offering accurate
guidelines concerning permits.

Bob Worthy

Jun 9, 2008, 4:42:50 PM6/9/08

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message >

> > "Frank Olson" wrote:
> >
> > I wonder how many of the systems *you* sell get "red
> >> tagged" for non-compliant smokes?
>
> So far, none. We already know that Olson has no problem with that since
he
> never installed anything.
>
> > DIYER's pulling permits? I wonder how many of the systems he sells get
> > inspected. I will bet there is about zero time spent talking about the
> > requirements of permits during his sales process. I have never visited
his
> > website. Is there anything there at all about permitting and
> > inspections through the local jurisdictions.

> DIYers? How about so-called "professional" installers?

Why didn't you answer about DIYer's? That was the topic. Why spin it? Duck
it? Dodge it?

>I spent 24 years running an illegal small, central station alarm company.
We didn't pull permits in any town that required them.

You couldn't have anyway without a license? Or... you would have had to act
like all other unlicensed contractors and have someone else pull one for
you?

> A few rural towns in CT didn't but most required a
> permit.

So your business was limited to those few rural towns...what a shame.

>I also pulled permits when we took over commercial fire alarms.

Again, how did you do this from 1979-1986?

>Very often there would be a surprised look on the clerk's face followed
by,

"Why are you here? You need a license to pull a permit?"

>You see, almost none of the local alarm companies ever pull permits unless
the job is
> new construction.

And you have knowledge of this? You really are far removed from what
actually happens in the industry. Those that don't pull permits, in areas
that require them, either don't have a license or their insurance/worker
comp isn't up to date. Some of the nationals, giving systems away for
"Free", where not taking on the overhead. There isn't any reason not to pull
a permit. It is part of the job cost, which you have a hard time believing
exists. So don't classify those that can't pull a permit into something you
would like people to believe, like legal local companies don't pull permits
by choice.

>I seriously doubt Worthy pulls permits unless he knows
> he'll get caught.

You would loose that bet, Bubble Butt.

> As to notices regarding permitting, the process varies from town to town,
> county to county, state to state and by country as well. It is impossible
> provide accurate instructions for all locations. I check competitors'
> websites from time to time and have yet to find anyone offering accurate
> guidelines concerning permits.

Did you ever think (which would be a challenge for you, I know) to simply
state, "Check with your local jurisdiction about permitting and plan
approval requirements for this product. Failure to comply may result in
penalties from local and/or state authorities." But than again, it might
look like you are supporting regulation and chase away the illegal
contractors you sell to, which might cut into your bottom line. Question is,
how deep.

Bob Worthy

Jun 9, 2008, 4:48:54 PM6/9/08

"Doug" <n...@home.com> wrote in message

> Too late, too early, two errors. SCP will not be pleased.
>
> Doug

What the hell, did SCP send a flier west or what? :o[
I guess your the best one to watch out for things when SCP isn't on top of
them, since you speak English and Canadian.

Robert L Bass

Jun 9, 2008, 5:10:54 PM6/9/08
"Worthy" babbled:

> "Robert L Bass" wrote in message >
>> >
>> > "Frank Olson" dribbled:

>> > I wonder how many of the systems *you* sell get "red
>>
>> So far, none. We already know that Olson has no problem with that since
> he
>> never installed anything.
>>
>> > DIYER's pulling permits? I wonder how many of the systems he sells get
>> > inspected. I will bet there is about zero time spent talking about the
>> > requirements of permits during his sales process. I have never visited
> his
>> > website. Is there anything there at all about permitting and
>> > inspections through the local jurisdictions.
>>
>> DIYers? How about so-called "professional" installers?
>
> Why didn't you answer about DIYer's? That was the topic. Why spin it? Duck
> it? Dodge it?

Uh, no. The topic is "Need for pool" but you and Olson turned it into a
flame.

>> I spent 24 years running an illegal small, central station alarm company.

> We didn't pull permits in any town that required them.

Shame on you.

> You couldn't have anyway without a license? Or... you would have had to act
> like all other unlicensed contractors and have someone else pull one for
> you?

I carried the CT L1 low voltage electrical contractor's license. Where are
you getting your information from, Olson? You ought to know by now he's a
pathalogical liar.

>> A few rural towns in CT didn't but most required a
>> permit.
>
> So your business was limited to those few rural towns...what a shame.

You think so? You probably believe I only sell a little bit online, too.
Call your local ADI rep and ask him who is the largest client (other than the
nationals) in my region.

>> I also pulled permits when we took over commercial fire alarms.
>
> Again, how did you do this from 1979-1986?

I had licensed installers working for me long before I got the L1.

>>You see, almost none of the local alarm companies ever pull permits unless
>>the job is new construction.
>
> And you have knowledge of this?

Yes, I do. I've heard the same thing from numerous inspectors and city clerk
employees. They practiucally never see an application for a permit for an
alarm system installation. Only when it's new construction do they get the
applications.

> You really are far removed from what actually happens in the industry.

You really are trying hard to believe that to be so.

> Those that don't pull permits, in areas that require them, either don't have
> a license or their insurance/worker
> comp isn't up to date.

I didn't say *why* most alarm companies don't bother pulling permits. I only
said they don't. I'll leave the explanation to you.

> Some of the nationals, giving systems away for
> "Free", where not taking on the overhead. There isn't any reason not to pull
> a permit. It is part of the job cost, which you have a hard time believing

> exists...

I know what it costs to do the job right. I also know that many alarm
companies don't even try to do anything right. They just slap in the least
cost "system" so they get that recurring monthly revenue rolling and rush to
the next victim. I didn't realize you hadn't paid your workman's compensation
insurance and that you are unlicensed. You really should be ashamed of
yourself.

> So don't classify those that can't pull a permit into something you
> would like people to believe, like legal local companies don't pull permits
> by choice.

I didn't say you were "legal" (I think you meant to say, "legitimate" but with
that limited vocabulary of yours... oh, never mind).

>> I seriously doubt Worthy pulls permits unless he knows
>> he'll get caught.
>

> You would loose that bet...

That's easy to say, but prove it.

> Did you ever think (which would be a challenge for you, I know) to simply
> state, "Check with your local jurisdiction about permitting and plan
> approval requirements for this product. Failure to comply may result in
> penalties from local and/or state authorities."

Naah. I tell people what is required by the national fire alarm code, explain
that the local AHJ may have his own requirements and suggest they file for a
permit. I also send all the required hardware documentation and (where
available) provide a load calc spreadsheet. Then I teach them how to do the
installation. Fortunately, the job is so simple any primate can master it.
After all, you're in the business.

> But than again, it might look like you are supporting regulation
> and chase away the illegal contractors you sell to, which might
> cut into your bottom line. Question is, how deep.

Illegal contractors? Care to state which ones those might be? Names, dates
and addresses, please.

Bob Worthy

Jun 9, 2008, 6:55:43 PM6/9/08

> > his
> >>
> >> DIYers? How about so-called "professional" installers?
> >
> > Why didn't you answer about DIYer's? That was the topic. Why spin it?
Duck
> > it? Dodge it?
>
> Uh, no. The topic is "Need for pool" but you and Olson turned it into a
> flame.

Excuse me. Than answer the question. Never mind, the answer is you don't
know.

> >> I spent 24 years running an illegal small, central station alarm
company.

> > We didn't pull permits in any town that required them.
>
> Shame on you.

Oh ya, shame on me for all the dirty little tricks we play on line.

> > You couldn't have anyway without a license? Or... you would have had to
act
> > like all other unlicensed contractors and have someone else pull one for
> > you?
>
> I carried the CT L1 low voltage electrical contractor's license. Where
are
> you getting your information from, Olson? You ought to know by now he's a
> pathalogical liar.

About what? and try to spell check while you are thinking of a good anwer.
"Pathological"

> >> A few rural towns in CT didn't but most required a
> >> permit.
> >
> > So your business was limited to those few rural towns...what a shame.
>
> You think so? You probably believe I only sell a little bit online, too.
> Call your local ADI rep and ask him who is the largest client (other than
the
> nationals) in my region.

Your region? Sarasota? And all the rural surrounding towns? You forget who
you are talking to. The hardest job there is the CSI wantabes. With only
one DNA string and no dental records the place is a hoot.

> >> I also pulled permits when we took over commercial fire alarms.
> >
> > Again, how did you do this from 1979-1986?
>
> I had licensed installers working for me long before I got the L1.

Oh, that makes it OK then. Is that like OJ making action movies long before
Nichole.

> >>You see, almost none of the local alarm companies ever pull permits
unless
> >>the job is new construction.
> >
> > And you have knowledge of this?
>
> Yes, I do. I've heard the same thing from numerous inspectors and city
clerk
> employees. They practiucally never see an application for a permit for an
> alarm system installation.

A few things. One, you don't talk numerous inspectors at all. Two, you don't
talk to city clerk employees at all. So, as usual, you are talking to hear
yourself talk. Third, are you aware that with many cities, with their budget
cuts, have waived permits on residential post-wires? Not all of them, but
many of them. Instead there is a registration process so that the city still
gets their money and they retain the right to inspect the systems randomly.
That would probably never happen unless there was a complaint by the
homeowner. And fourth, it is "practically".

> > You really are far removed from what actually happens in the industry.
>
> You really are trying hard to believe that to be so.

No, your past and present comments prove it.

> > Those that don't pull permits, in areas that require them, either don't
have
> > a license or their insurance/worker
> > comp isn't up to date.
>
> I didn't say *why* most alarm companies don't bother pulling permits. I
only
> said they don't. I'll leave the explanation to you.

I did explain and you post without facts.

> > Some of the nationals, giving systems away for
> > "Free", where not taking on the overhead. There isn't any reason not to
pull
> > a permit. It is part of the job cost, which you have a hard time
believing
> > exists...
>
> I know what it costs to do the job right.

Really!! This discussion just recently took place and you showed then that
you don't have a clue. Or did you purposely leave out all business overhead
expenses to support your claim that alarm companies are ripping off the
consumer.

I also know that many alarm
> companies don't even try to do anything right.

You don't know that, you assume that.

They just slap in the least
> cost "system" so they get that recurring monthly revenue rolling and rush
> the next victim.

So in your infinite wisdom, you believe the world would be better off if all
the professional alarm companies would just dry up and blow away. Than you
would be the savior selling product to all those poor souls.

> I didn't realize you hadn't paid your workman's compensation
> insurance and that you are unlicensed. You really should be ashamed of
> yourself.

Where the hell did that come from? You know how to look it up. Posting
without verification, or even worse, verifying but posting rubbish anyway
further proves you to be a liar, someone that would try to hurt someone's
business, as well as, open to whatever you may receive in return. Be careful
with your fun.

> > So don't classify those that can't pull a permit into something you
> > would like people to believe, like legal local companies don't pull
permits
> > by choice.
>
> I didn't say you were "legal" (I think you meant to say, "legitimate" but
with
> that limited vocabulary of yours... oh, never mind).

Well I didn't spend any time at the prison library but I meant legal.

LEGAL- 1) Having a formal status derived from law. (Such as a company that
is licensed)
2) Conforming to or permitted by law or established rules. (IF.SO. Chapter
489 Part II & 61G6)
3) One that conforms to rules or the law. (Not you).

> >> I seriously doubt Worthy pulls permits unless he knows
> >> he'll get caught.
> >
> > You would loose that bet...
>
> That's easy to say, but prove it.

How? By posting my outstanding permits on line for you. Right!!!!!!!!!!!!

> > Did you ever think (which would be a challenge for you, I know) to
simply
> > state, "Check with your local jurisdiction about permitting and plan
> > approval requirements for this product. Failure to comply may result in
> > penalties from local and/or state authorities."
>

> Noah. I tell people what is required by the national fire alarm code,
explain
> that the local HAJJ may have his own requirements and suggest they file

for a
> permit. I also send all the required hardware documentation and (where
> available) provide a load calc spreadsheet. Then I teach them how to do
the
> installation. Fortunately, the job is so simple any primate can master
it.
> After all, you're in the business.

Yep, I am and you are not. So I guess that leaves out at least one primate,
doesn't it.

> > But than again, it might look like you are supporting regulation
> > and chase away the illegal contractors you sell to, which might
> > cut into your bottom line. Question is, how deep.
>
> Illegal contractors?

That is just it, you don't know who you are selling equipment to, let alone
giving out info critical to the life, safety and welfare of the public.

>Care to state which ones those might be? >Names, dates
> and addresses, please.

Don't have a clue and neither do you.

Nomen Nescio

Jun 9, 2008, 8:40:04 PM6/9/08
>>> I also pulled permits when we took over commercial fire alarms.
>>
>> Again, how did you do this from 1979-1986?
>
>I had licensed installers working for me long before I got the L1 [low
>voltage electrical contractor's license].

Isn't that like an unlicensed person operating a plumbing business and
saying, "Don't worry, I may not have a license, but my employees do."

Joe

Jun 9, 2008, 9:54:19 PM6/9/08
and then using that time period as his work experience requirement when
applying for a license, then lying on the app to get his license by
failing to mention the unfortunate felony conviction.

Robert L Bass

Jun 9, 2008, 11:31:07 PM6/9/08
"Bob Worthy" wrote:

>>> DIYER's pulling permits? I wonder how many of the systems he sells get
>>> inspected.
>>
>> -- snip ---

> Excuse me. Than answer the question. Never mind, the answer is you don't
> know.

Figured that out all by yourself, did you? Well, that is correct. I don't
keep tabs on who gets inspected. I sell hardware online. Is this too
complicated for you?

>> Shame on you.
>
> Oh ya, shame on me for all the dirty little tricks we play on line.

No, shame on you for being a jerk. All kidding aside I'm sure you try to do a
proper job for your customers. You probably realize I do, too, but being a
jerk you prefer to pretend otherwise.

>> you getting your information from, Olson? You ought to know by now he's a
>> pathalogical liar.
>
> About what? and try to spell check while you are thinking of a good anwer.
> "Pathological"

Spell checking is Tom's responsibility. I have enough trouble trying to type
without also worrying about spelling.

> Your region? Sarasota?

Southwest Florida.

>> > Again, how did you do this from 1979-1986?
>>
>> I had licensed installers working for me long before I got the L1.
>
> Oh, that makes it OK then.

According to state law, yes. We were required to have at least one L1
contractor on staff. That's nothing unusual. The owners of many alarm
companies are not licensed techs. When I had enough documented hours I took
the test and got my journeyman's ticket. I then accumulated the required
hours for the second test, passed it and received my L1 contractor's license.
By then I already had two L1's and several L5's (journeymen) working for me.
That's standard trade practice in CT and fully compliant with the law.

> A few things. One, you don't talk numerous inspectors at all...

You have no idea how many inspectors I know. In the 24 years I ran an alarm
company I had inspections by every one of them in Hartford County and several
other counties. The local FM in those days was also a personal friend of
mine. These days I hardly ever need to speak to an inspector, although I have
sent copies of the Florida statute to several of them when they tried to stop
customers from installing their own fire alarm systems. In each of those few
cases we prevailed.

> Two, you don't talk to city clerk employees at all.

Again, you have no idea who I speak to now or with whom I had dealings then.

> So, as usual, you are talking to hear yourself talk...

Umm, Usenet is a text medium.

> Third, are you aware that with many cities, with their budget cuts, have
> waived permits on residential post-wires? Not all of them, but many of

> them...

I spoke of what I saw in my 24 years running an alarm company. I sold the
business before your idol, Bush wrecked the economy.

> Instead there is a registration process so that the city still
> gets their money and they retain the right to inspect the systems randomly.

That has nothing to do with what I said. The fact remains, regardless what
some Florida towns might be doing today, that many (perhaps most) alarm
companies rarely pull required permits. I know that for a fact and I suspect
you do, too. Olson, whi never installed anything, doesn't know it.

>> > Those that don't pull permits, in areas that require them, either don't
> have
>> > a license or their insurance/worker
>> > comp isn't up to date.
>>
>> I didn't say *why* most alarm companies don't bother pulling permits. I
> only
>> said they don't. I'll leave the explanation to you.
>
> I did explain and you post without facts.

You explained that you don't have a license or your insurance isn't paid up?
Which is it, no license or no insurance? Or is it both?

>> I know what it costs to do the job right.
>
> Really!! This discussion just recently took place and you showed then that
> you don't have a clue. Or did you purposely leave out all business overhead
> expenses to support your claim that alarm companies are ripping off the
> consumer.

I did not say that all alarm companies are ripping off consumers. You seem a
bit sensitive to this sort of discussion. Hmm.

>> I also know that many alarm
>> companies don't even try to do anything right.
>
> You don't know that, you assume that.

Nope, I've seen it. I've taken over so many sloppy, slip-shod, incompetent
and incomplete "professional" installations over the years it's plain as day
many alarm companies just don't care about their clients at all. Fortunately,
not all are like that. There are a few like Bob C still around. I pull your
chain now and then but I wouldn't be surprised if you turn out to be a decent
operator.

>> They just slap in the least cost "system" so they get that
>> recurring monthly revenue rolling and rush to the next victim.
>
> So in your infinite wisdom, you believe the world would be better off if all
> the professional alarm companies would just dry up and blow away. Than you
> would be the savior selling product to all those poor souls.

Naah. I would prefer if rip-offs like Sonitrash and *most* of the so-called
"authorized dealers" would go away. I'm not trying to be anyone's Savior.
That job is alrteady taken. I just sell hardware and systems to people who
want to do their own work. That will probably always remain a small fraction
of the security industry -- maybe 2% at best. I'm content taking over that
2%. :^)

>> I didn't realize you hadn't paid your workman's compensation
>> insurance and that you are unlicensed. You really should be ashamed of
>> yourself.
>
> Where the hell did that come from?

You don't like it when someone twists your words? Try citing me accurately
next time and I'll give you the same courtesy.

> Be careful with your fun.

As I recall, you are the one who called relentless, unproked flames "kicks and
giggles." If you don't like getting kicked back, try keeping your feet to
yourself.

>> I didn't say you were "legal" (I think you meant to say, "legitimate" but
>> with that limited vocabulary of yours... oh, never mind).
>
> Well I didn't spend any time at the prison library but I meant legal.

Having never been in prison other than as a lay minister, I can't tell what
you might have read in the library.

>> That's easy to say, but prove it.
>
> How? By posting my outstanding permits on line for you. Right!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just goes to show how easy it is to accuse and how difficult to disprove
baseless accusations, doesn't it? Once again, if you don't like receiving it,
don't be so quick to dish it out. You haven't a clue what my business is, how
I treat my clients or what my experience is. You repeat Olson's lies as
though they were gospel without bothering to check first. Yet you're quite
sensitive about having someone slap you right back. If you want to be treated
fairly, try doing the same.

>>> Did you ever think (which would be a challenge for you, I know)...

I guaranty you're not out of your league as to raw intelligence, knowledge and
experience. That's not arrogance. It's just fact.

>> After all, you're in the business.
>
> Yep, I am and you are not. So I guess that leaves out at least one primate,
> doesn't it.

If I thought I could make as good a living installing alarms as I can selling
online, I'd buy an alarm company or take the simple test, get the license and
start an installation business. It's not rocket science.

> That is just it, you don't know who you are selling equipment to, let alone
> giving out info critical to the life, safety and welfare of the public.

Bullshit! I sell alarms to people who want to install their own systems.
That's no more dangerous to the "life, safety and welfare of the public" than
selling bicycles, clothes or apple pie.

BTW, I also sell alarms and lots of other stuff to federal and state
government agancies and to every branch of the military. In addition, I sell
to numerous Fortune 500 companies. I've been considering building a separate
website just for government buyers. If that aspect of my business keeps
growing at its current rate, I may even decide to sell of the alarm websites.

>> Care to state which ones those might be? >Names, dates
>> and addresses, please.
>
> Don't have a clue and neither do you.

You said my clients are illegal. Now you admit you haven't a clue. Nice
work.

Robert L Bass

Jun 9, 2008, 11:37:48 PM6/9/08
>> I had licensed installers working for me long before I got the L1 [low
>> voltage electrical contractor's license].
>
> Isn't that like an unlicensed person operating a plumbing business and
> saying, "Don't worry, I may not have a license, but my employees do."

Sort of. Licensed contractors performed and supervised the work in accordance
with state law. They made the final decisions about what went where and how
it was done though I knew the job well enough to design the systems long
before I had the required hours for the exam. When I had enough hours to
qualify I took the test and got my own license. I had the same guys working
for many years, though. Eventually I sold the business to two of my long-time
techs. They're still at it and, from recent reports, doing quite well.

Jim

Jun 9, 2008, 11:54:05 PM6/9/08

Lookit. He's just a fucking scum bag and continues to prove it
everytime he posts here. He continues to lie, and forgets that most
everything he lies about can be Googled and put in front of him,
proving him wrong.
He's a disgusting piece of shit and as shiftless and demented a misfit
as ever there was.

Even the fact that he has the time to post to this Newsgroup flys in
the face of how busy he says he is. As anyone can see, he get's little
enough business from this group but he continues to lie about the
Kajillion customers he has and the amount of business he does. If he
were as busy as all that, how important could it be to him to spend
time here disrupting ASA and getting shit on every day by all the very
people he hates and who hate him. So again, he's caught in another
lie.

The world and ASA will be a much better place with out him. What a
laugh we'll have about all the ridiculous contradictions his life was
made of.

Any day now ............. any day.....................

Frank Olson

Jun 10, 2008, 12:37:49 AM6/10/08
Bob Worthy wrote:

> Excuse me. Than answer the question. Never mind, the answer is you don't
> know.

And that about sums it up, Bob. I get a hoot out of Bass
"side-stepping" my response by zeroing in on yours. He's a "flim-flam
man". He'd sell refrigerators to Eskimos and provide the "DIY
instructions" to wire up their igloos.

Doug

Jun 10, 2008, 12:46:55 AM6/10/08

"Bob Worthy" <secu...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

There is no such language as Canadian, and I can't quite make up my mind if
it that should have been you're instead of your.

Doug

Message has been deleted

Doug

Jun 10, 2008, 1:08:03 AM6/10/08

"G. Morgan" <no...@il.invalid> wrote in message

> Doug wrote:
>
>>> I guess your the best one to watch out for things when SCP isn't on top
>>> of
>>> them, since you speak English and Canadian.
>>>

>>There is no such language as Canadian, and I can't quite make up my mind
>>if
>>it that should have been you're instead of your.
>

> You're.
>
> "I guess 'you are' the best one...."
>
> "Your" implies a possessive.... As in you can't make up your mind.
>
> --
>
> -G

I blame it all on happy hour and RLB

Doug

Robert L Bass

Jun 10, 2008, 1:47:56 AM6/10/08
"Doug" wrote:

> I blame it all on happy hour and RLB

I suspect your befuddlement is more of a symptom, much like Cracker's
alcoholism. Your problem is clearly genetic.

Message has been deleted

Robert L Bass

Jun 10, 2008, 1:55:08 AM6/10/08
"Cracker" drooled:

> You're.
>
> "I guess 'you are' the best one...."
>
> "Your" implies a possessive.... As in you can't make up your mind.

1. If you're trying to use grammatical examples, make sure your sentences are
complete.
2. You're out of your mind.
3. Your drinking makes it impossible to know what you're doing.
4. You're an idiot like your pal, Olson.

Frank Olson

Jun 10, 2008, 2:19:55 AM6/10/08
Robert L Bass wrote:

> According to state law, yes. We were required to have at least one L1
> contractor on staff.

That would be an L5, Bob. You need an L5 to pull a permit. I'm pretty
sure you've never held an "L1".

"Limited electrical line contractor's license (L-1).

The holder of this license may perform only work limited to line
construction,
including distribution systems, and their allied work, for public and
private
companies; installation, maintenance and repair of all high-voltage
cable splicing
and pulling wire for all systems in excess of 2,400 volts; traffic
signal and
highway lighting installation, maintenance and repair. The requirements
to qualify
for this license examination shall be two (2) years as properly licensed
journeyperson or at least six (6) years of equivalent experience and
training.

I'm sure you've installed a lot of "traffic lights"...

> That's nothing unusual. The owners of many alarm
> companies are not licensed techs. When I had enough documented hours I
> took the test and got my journeyman's ticket. I then accumulated the
> required hours for the second test, passed it and received my L1
> contractor's license.

That's an L5, Bob. You forgot to mention that you took that test in
1989 after you'd been caught installing an alarm system without a
permit. "Whoops!"

> By then I already had two L1's

L5's

> and several L5's

L6's

> (journeymen) working for me. That's standard trade practice in CT and
> fully compliant with the law.

And you still can't get your "L's" straight. Considering you had an L5
from 1989 until 1999, I find that interesting.

http://goofysplace.com/L5.htm

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:cFIWjD_4v9EJ:www.multistate.com/CEDIA.nsf/4d8c7c64c383353285256ca7006b8331/f1177d901557dffb85256cd70059a743/%24FILE/Connecticut%2520Law.doc+connecticut+L-6+License&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=9

Robert L Bass

Jun 10, 2008, 2:23:08 AM6/10/08

> Robert L Bass wrote:
>
>>I suspect your befuddlement is more of a symptom, much like Cracker's
>>alcoholism. Your problem is clearly genetic.
>
> I suspect you'll be dead by year's end due to your genetic befuddlement.

Everyone will die sooner or later. The difference between us is I have a
life, whereas you have bottles... bottles of booze, bottles of Xanax, bottles
of Lexapro. I travel around the world finding adventure and meeting
interesting people, learning their languages and absorbing their culture. You
travel from your hovel to the pharmacy, then stop at the liquor store on the
way back to your hovel. There you spend your days and nights, hiding in the
stupor of drugs and alcohol rather than face your life-controlling fear of
people and open spaces. I have a successful business, good friends and a warm
family with whom to share my joys and achievements. You have your bottles and
those lonely four walls... oh, yes, and Usenet. Unfortunately, even in
Usenet you have not even one friend.

So yes, there is the possibility that the cancer will come back and shorten my
life. Fighting cancer tends to make you acutely aware of your own mortality.
It also tends to spur some people, myself included, to live life to the
fullest, to enjoy life, love and beauty around me and to make sure I fulfill
all of my life's dreams in whatever time I may have left on this planet. To
that end I bought the big M109R cruiser I always dreamt of and learned to ride
it. To that end I went fishing deep in the Amazon forest a few months ago and
I'm now planning an expidition into the jungle itself later this year. To
that end I'm planning a trip to Israel and soon after, to Europe. If I'm
still healthy in two more years, I hope to take an African safari next.

Meanwhiile, if you haven't drunk yourself into the grave or committed suicide
like 18% of people who suffer from your mental disease (agoraphobia / panic
disorder), you'll still be hiding out in your filthy hovel, whiling away the
hours on Usenet, desparately hoping to find just one true friend. The saddest
thing about your miserable existance is that anyone who tries to be a friend
you're likely to attack. You're like a mean chihuaua -- not dangerous but so
unpleasant that most people won't tolerate you and the few that do get bitten
by your tiny, little teeth. That's why you get kicked around so much. It's
also part of the reason you keep getting fired. What is it, ten times in as
many years now?

Well, that about sums you up. Don't you just hate it when someone tells your
whole life story? Here's another major difference between us. I don't hope
you die young. No, Cracker, I want you to live to a ripe, old age so you can
spend many, many years steeped in your own misery. Have a nice day.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Joe

Jun 10, 2008, 7:40:17 AM6/10/08
teehee teehee :)

Doug

Jun 10, 2008, 9:31:16 AM6/10/08

> "Doug" wrote:
>>
>> I blame it all on happy hour and RLB
>
> I suspect your befuddlement is more of a symptom, much like Cracker's
> alcoholism. Your problem is clearly genetic.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
>
> ==============================>

> http://www.bassburgIaraIarms.com
> ==============================>

So now you resort to disparaging my parents, yet you cried like a baby when
others made comments about your family.

Doug

Frank Olson

Jun 10, 2008, 11:21:20 AM6/10/08
Robert L Bass wrote:

> You have no idea how many inspectors I know. In the 24 years I ran an
> alarm company I had inspections by every one of them in Hartford County
> and several other counties. The local FM in those days was also a
> personal friend of mine. These days I hardly ever need to speak to an
> inspector, although I have sent copies of the Florida statute to several
> of them when they tried to stop customers from installing their own fire
> alarm systems. In each of those few cases we prevailed.

Which begs the question... How did you manage to "pass inspections"
when you weren't even a licensed contractor (L5) until 1989? In CT, you
can't pull a permit without a contractors license. I'd love to see you
explain that.

>> Two, you don't talk to city clerk employees at all.
>
> Again, you have no idea who I speak to now or with whom I had dealings
> then.

I understand you frequently spoke to Santa Claus.

> ... Olson, whi never installed anything, doesn't
> know it.

"You have no idea how many inspectors I know." "Again, you have no idea

who I speak to now or with whom I had dealings then."

Look remotely familiar to you, Bass?

> I did not say that all alarm companies are ripping off consumers. You
> seem a bit sensitive to this sort of discussion. Hmm.

As you are...

> Naah. I would prefer if rip-offs like Sonitrash and *most* of the
> so-called "authorized dealers" would go away. I'm not trying to be
> anyone's Savior. That job is alrteady taken. I just sell hardware and
> systems to people who want to do their own work.

You sell the *wrong hardware*, Bass. You sell "systems" you've never
even seen, let alone serviced or installed. You have no clue.

> You don't like it when someone twists your words? Try citing me
> accurately next time and I'll give you the same courtesy.

Ditto!

> Having never been in prison other than as a lay minister, I can't tell
> what you might have read in the library.

I can't remember... Are you "pink" now... or a bilious shade of "yellow"?

>> How? By posting my outstanding permits on line for you. Right!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> It just goes to show how easy it is to accuse and how difficult to
> disprove baseless accusations, doesn't it? Once again, if you don't
> like receiving it, don't be so quick to dish it out. You haven't a clue
> what my business is, how I treat my clients or what my experience is.
> You repeat Olson's lies as though they were gospel without bothering to
> check first. Yet you're quite sensitive about having someone slap you
> right back. If you want to be treated fairly, try doing the same.

Olson hasn't lied.

> If I thought I could make as good a living installing alarms as I can
> selling online, I'd buy an alarm company or take the simple test, get
> the license and start an installation business. It's not rocket science.

You'd have to move to state without the strict licensing standards which
Florida subscribes to.

>> That is just it, you don't know who you are selling equipment to, let
>> alone
>> giving out info critical to the life, safety and welfare of the public.
>
> Bullshit! I sell alarms to people who want to install their own
> systems. That's no more dangerous to the "life, safety and welfare of
> the public" than selling bicycles, clothes or apple pie.

How would you categorize selling a non-compliant smoke detector with a
DSC 1864? Seems to me that you have to make a few changes on that page
(at the very least). Oh... and by the way... DSC no longer
manufactures the Power 832, Power 864, or the PC-1555. Get with the
program, dude!

Frank Olson

Jun 10, 2008, 11:46:30 AM6/10/08
Robert L Bass wrote:
> "Bob Worthy" wrote:
>>
>> "Frank Olson" wrote:
>>
>> I wonder how many of the systems *you* sell get "red
>>> tagged" for non-compliant smokes?
>
> So far, none. We already know that Olson has no problem with that since
> he never installed anything.

"You have no idea how many inspectors I know." "Again, you have no idea

who I speak to now or with whom I had dealings then."

>> DIYER's pulling permits? I wonder how many of the systems he sells get
>> inspected. I will bet there is about zero time spent talking about the
>> requirements of permits during his sales process. I have never visited
>> his
>> website. Is there anything notices there at all about permitting and
>> inspections throught the local juridicitons.

None what-so-ever. There's also no reference sheet that would allow the
DIYer to purchase the correct two wire smokes with the panels he sells.

> DIYers? How about so-called "professional" installers? I spent 24
> years running a small, central station alarm company. We pulled permits
> in every town that required them.

Sure you did.

> A few rural towns in CT didn't but
> most required a permit. I also pulled permits when we took over
> commercial fire alarms. Very often there would be a surprised look on
> the clerk's face followed by, "That place has an alarm? We don't have a
> record of any permit there." You see, almost none of the local alarm
> companies ever pull permits unless the job is new construction. I
> seriously doubt Worthy pulls permits unless he knows he'll get caught.
>
> The funny thing is Olson whining about "non-compliant" smokes even
> though he has finally learned (from me) that the ones I sell are indeed
> compliant.

Nope. They're not. Of all the DSC panels Napco lists as compatible
with the Firewolf, the PC-4020 is the only one still being manufactured.
The 5010 (832), 5020 (864) and 1555 have all been superseded by the
new "Power" series panels (and not ONE of them lists - or ever has
listed - the two wire Firewolf as remotely compatible). Indeed, DSC,
has NEVER LISTED the two wire Napco Firewolf as compatible with their
systems. No professional installer would ever use one as a consequence.

> He didn't even know how to check or where to look to find
> out which smoke detectors are listed for use with a specific panel.

I only reference the panel manufacturers compatibility listings. They
are the *final* authority on what is (and is not) acceptable in the way
of two wire smoke detectors.

> Furthermore, he's so lacking in experience and knowledge that he didn't
> know (until I told him) that detector manufacturers, as well as panel
> manufacturers, can and do list smokes for use with control panels. What
> a moron!

Indeed! I won't install a smoke detector that isn't listed by the panel
manufacturer. Tsk!! I also sleep very well at night.

> As to notices regarding permitting, the process varies from town to
> town, county to county, state to state and by country as well. It is
> impossible to provide accurate instructions for all locations.

Check... And your website doesn't even provide such a disclaimer. As
you have so often demonstrated, your knowledge of fire alarms, NEC, and
NFPA is sadly lacking.

> I check
> competitors' websites from time to time and have yet to find anyone
> offering accurate guidelines concerning permits.

Here's a simple guideline...

http://www.yoursecuritysource.com/buyingonline.htm

Frank Olson

Jun 10, 2008, 12:49:06 PM6/10/08
Robert L Bass wrote:
>>> I had licensed installers working for me long before I got the L1 [low
>>> voltage electrical contractor's license].
>>
>> Isn't that like an unlicensed person operating a plumbing business and
>> saying, "Don't worry, I may not have a license, but my employees do."
>
> Sort of. Licensed contractors performed and supervised the work in
> accordance with state law. They made the final decisions about what
> went where and how it was done though I knew the job well enough to
> design the systems long before I had the required hours for the exam.

There is NO WAY your ego would have allowed a technician to supersede
(or amend) your design. After all... they were all "perfect".

> When I had enough hours to qualify I took the test and got my own
> license. I had the same guys working for many years, though.
> Eventually I sold the business to two of my long-time techs. They're
> still at it and, from recent reports, doing quite well.

Y'know.... There's a guy in my town with an ego as big as yours. He was
working for a government corporation when he first registered an alarm
company. He didn't actually "start" the business until five years
later, but uses the "registration date" in his Yellow Page advertising.
He's been "in business" since 1994. We did subcontract work for him
(one job) in 1999 when he actually set up shop. He was a jerk then and
is still a jerk now. You were convicted of a felony in Polk County
Florida in 1979. That's the same year you "registered" your business in
Hartford, CT. You didn't get your L6 until 1983 and you left CT in
1999... Heck... Even if you "do the math" with all the dates you
supplied, how is it you get "24 years" from 1979 to 1999???

You've also failed to mention your long suffering former wife. The
hours and years she sacrificed to ensure at least someone answered the
phone when they called the "central station" in your garage while you
were out "gallivanting" in your Armani suits. It all means "nothing" to
you except for the fact that she wound up with most of the proceeds from
the sale. That must be simply galling to someone like you. What goes
around comes around. When you treat people like "shit", you end up with
a lot of it sticking to you as well.

I actually feel sorry for you, Robert. You're a sad, mean, and cowardly
little man. I really hope you don't die.

Bob Worthy

Jun 10, 2008, 2:41:29 PM6/10/08

> >> -- snip ---
> >
> > Excuse me. Than answer the question. Never mind, the answer is you don't
> > know.

Well, that is correct. I don't

> keep tabs on who gets inspected. I sell hardware online.

So why do you post rubbish about systems not being inspected when you don't
know?

> Spell checking is Tom's responsibility. I have enough trouble trying to
type
> without also worrying about spelling.

You didn't have a bit of trouble jumping into the subject matter when Tom
and I were having our little back and forth, which was all in jest. The only
difference was that you jumped in with a bunch of derogatory remarks as you
usually do.

> > Your region? Sarasota?
>
> Southwest Florida.

Oh, a lot of government installations happening there I'll bet. That is the
same area that the local city clerks sent a letter out to everyone stating
that one does not need a license to install alarm systems. Must be the same
city clerks you were talking to. Also, it could be the reason that the
inspectors you are talking to don't see any permit applications coming in.

> >> I had licensed installers working for me long before I got the L1.
> >
> > Oh, that makes it OK then.
>
> According to state law, yes. We were required to have at least one L1
> contractor on staff. That's nothing unusual. The owners of many alarm
> companies are not licensed techs. When I had enough documented hours I
took
> the test and got my journeyman's ticket. I then accumulated the required
> hours for the second test, passed it and received my L1 contractor's
license.
> By then I already had two L1's and several L5's (journeymen) working for
me.
> That's standard trade practice in CT and fully compliant with the law.

CT is not southwest Florida Dorothy.

> You have no idea how many inspectors I know.

I know one.

> In the 24 years I ran an alarm
> company I had inspections by every one of them in Hartford County and
several
> other counties. The local FM in those days was also a personal friend of
> mine. These days I hardly ever need to speak to an inspector, although I
have
> sent copies of the Florida statute to several of them when they tried to
stop
> customers from installing their own fire alarm systems. In each of those
few
> cases we prevailed.

Send me a copy of what you sent them. I am truely interested in seeing it.

> I spoke of what I saw in my 24 years running an alarm company.

So you admit that what you post is ancient history and really is not up date
with what actually happens in today's world since you just sell parts
online.

I sold the
> business before your idol, Bush wrecked the economy.

And where did I ever post my political views or support for one party over
another?

The fact remains, regardless what
> some Florida towns might be doing today, that many (perhaps most) alarm
> companies rarely pull required permits. I know that for a fact and I
suspect
> you do, too.

Well, lets take my city for an example. It has a little over 140,000
residents. It is a planned unit development with a mix of residential,
commercial and light industrial. The city has, in an ordinance, a
registration requirement for alarm companies that perform installations,
service and monitoring. There is also a police registration requirement for
the alarm user. We now have 224 alarm companies registered to do business in
the city. The alarm user cannot get a police registration until there is a
final inspection on the system listed in the building department. No police
registration, no response. Most of the 104 municipalities in the tri-county
area have the same exact process. So, I guess I post on facts that can be
substantiated rather than assumptions.

> You explained that you don't have a license or your insurance isn't paid
up?
> Which is it, no license or no insurance? Or is it both?

Can't find were I said that. Please repost it since it is fresh in your
mind.

> >> I know what it costs to do the job right.

You said you haven't installed in years so how could you?

> > Really!! This discussion just recently took place and you showed then
that
> > you don't have a clue. Or did you purposely leave out all business
overhead
> > expenses to support your claim that alarm companies are ripping off the
> > consumer.
>
> I did not say that all alarm companies are ripping off consumers.

How many times, in hundreds of posts, did you refer to the professional
installer's client as "the victim"? Don't do the Bassanova shuffle by
pointing out the word "all". You know you constantly refer to the
professional company's clients as victims to support your DIY stance.

You seem a
> bit sensitive to this sort of discussion.

As a professional, of course I do.

> >> I also know that many alarm
> >> companies don't even try to do anything right.
> >
> > You don't know that, you assume that.
>
> Nope, I've seen it. I've taken over so many sloppy, slip-shod,
incompetent
> and incomplete "professional" installations over the years it's plain as
day
> many alarm companies just don't care about their clients at all.

In CT? Ancient history

Fortunately,
> not all are like that. There are a few like Bob C still around.

And you have seen his installs for comparison? Just making a point Bob C.
Nothing directed at you.

I pull your
> chain now and then but I wouldn't be surprised if you turn out to be a
decent
> operator.

Twentieth year in business and was national VP of operations with 17 offices
around the country for 8 years prior to that.

> You don't like it when someone twists your words? Try citing me
accurately
> next time and I'll give you the same courtesy.
>
> > Be careful with your fun.
>
> As I recall, you are the one who called relentless, unproked flames "kicks
and
> giggles." If you don't like getting kicked back, try keeping your feet to
> yourself.

Is this a contest of who can kick harder? Or do want to keep the giggles in
it? It is "unprovoked"...hehehehe! See that didn't hurt did it.

> >> That's easy to say, but prove it.
> >
> > How? By posting my outstanding permits on line for you.
Right!!!!!!!!!!!!

> It just goes to show how easy it is to accuse and how difficult to
disprove
> baseless accusations, doesn't it?

No, it only proves that only a fool would put his business info in the
street for the likes of you to play with. By not doing so doesn't prove that
the info doesn't exist. It is you that has a hard time proving your baseless
accusations.

Once again, if you don't like receiving it,
> don't be so quick to dish it out. You haven't a clue what my business is,
how
> I treat my clients or what my experience is.

Only what you tell us. And...based on your actions here, your right, I
haven't a clue about whether it is a lie or not.

You repeat Olson's lies as
> though they were gospel without bothering to check first. Yet you're
quite
> sensitive about having someone slap you right back. If you want to be
treated
> fairly, try doing the same.

I have tried to have civil correspondence with you, only to have my name or
references to my name used in other posts, by you, that wasn't at all
necessary since I wasn't even involved. Seen how you play early on. You
respect no one, ever.

> I guaranty you're not out of your league as to raw intelligence, knowledge
and
> experience. That's not arrogance. It's just fact.

Thank you.

> >> After all, you're in the business.
> >
> > Yep, I am and you are not. So I guess that leaves out at least one
primate,
> > doesn't it.
>

> Bullshit! I sell alarms to people who want to install their own systems.
> That's no more dangerous to the "life, safety and welfare of the public"
than
> selling bicycles, clothes or apple pie.

If you say so.

> BTW, I also sell alarms and lots of other stuff to federal and state
> government agancies and to every branch of the military. In addition, I
sell
> to numerous Fortune 500 companies.

Yep..there is alot of that type of clientele in the southwest region of
Florida. Most of the people living in that area of the state signed the
Constitution, were in the Civil War or had such companies as Papst Blue
Ribbon. The average age there is "dead and don't realize it." Oh and it is
"agencies" Your typing is going to hell in a hand basket.

> You said my clients are illegal. Now you admit you haven't a clue. Nice
> work.

Sorta like your comments that most alarm companies don't pull permits but
you don't know who. You just heard. Well, unlicensed contactors need a place
to buy equipment without getting ask for a license or sale tax certificates
at a wholesale house. Where do they buy with no questions ask? Online maybe?
If you don't ask, you don't care and if you don't care you probably have
some in your clientele and don't misinterpret that to mean that I am
suggesting that you are doing something illegal. Without consideration maybe
for what they are doing to the very industry that you claim is ripping
people off, but not illegal.

Joe

Jun 10, 2008, 3:12:03 PM6/10/08
Robert L Bass wrote:
whiling away the hours on Usenet, desparately hoping to
> find just one true friend. The saddest thing about your miserable
> existance is that anyone who tries to be a friend you're likely to
> attack. You're like a mean chihuaua -- not dangerous but so unpleasant
> that most people won't tolerate you and the few that do get bitten by
> your tiny, little teeth. That's why you get kicked around so much. `

nice description of yourself mrbAss

Norm Mugford

Jun 10, 2008, 8:04:25 PM6/10/08
Mr. BAss wrote:

"Eventually I sold the business to two of my long-time
techs. They're still at it and, from recent reports, doing quite well."

You lie Mr.BAss...You Lie......

"Robert L Bass" <Rober...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Jun 11, 2008, 2:51:40 AM6/11/08
"Cracker" spit up on himself:

> Maybe so, but I'll still be alive this time next year...

That depends on your definition of "alive." I wouldn't consider your pathetic
existence a life.

>...you will be worm food.

Perhaps. In the meantime I'm enjoying every day I have. While you rot your
liver on alcohol and psychotropic drugs, I'll be hitting the beaches,
exploring the Amazon, riding my bike and occasionally flying a nice, somewhat
used Tiger.

A few weeks from now I'll be having about 120 guests over for a party on the
lanai. While you're trying to drag yourself to the toilet to throw up for the
millionth time, I'll be dancing and jumping in the pool with several of our
gorgeous, Brazilian lady friends.

Whatever time I still have, I'll spend running a successful little enterprise,
caring for my family, surrounded by loved ones and fulfilling my life's
dreams. You will spend every day wondering if this is the day you get
fired -- again. You'll spend every night, holiday and weekend as you always
have -- alone, without a single friend, drunk on booze and pills.

If the cancer does come back, I'll fight it again with all I have. If I lose
I'll spend my last hours surrounded by dear friends and family, same as they
were there for me when I was hospitalized at first. You, OTOH, will either
hang yourself all alone in your filthy hovel or you'll choke to death on your
own vomit. Either way, you'll die like you've lived -- all alone.

There's another difference, Cracker. Much as I find you despicable, I don't
wish death upon you and I won't rejoice if you go first. It's more like with
Sabodish. I felt kind of sad for him that he never made peace with anyone,
including himself, before his mindless rage consumed his life. When you go it
will be sad that you never had any real joy and never knew anyone who
respected or cared about you.

Such a waste. Nonetheless, like Sabodish, you have made your life the dismal
mess it is and you have no one to blame but yourself. Some people might feel
that you shouldn't be held responsible for being such a disgusting rodent due
to your mental disease. However, if you had even a shred of dignity or
integrity, you would have done whatever it takes to overcome your disease.
Clearly you don't so you didn't and likely never will.

Have another nice, drunken night.

Robert L Bass

Jun 11, 2008, 2:53:09 AM6/11/08
"Doug" wrote:

> So now you resort to disparaging my parents, yet you cried like a baby when
> others made comments about your family.

Parents? I didn't realize you have parents. How unfortunate for them. Do be
sure to send them my sympathies.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

==============================>

Robert L Bass

Jun 11, 2008, 3:22:17 AM6/11/08

>> > Excuse me. Than answer the question. Never mind, the answer is you don't
>> > know.
>
> Well, that is correct. I don't
>> keep tabs on who gets inspected. I sell hardware online.
>
> So why do you post rubbish about systems not being inspected when you don't
> know?

I posted truth about "professionally" installed systems not being inspected
because trash companies like yours never bother to pull permits.

> You didn't have a bit of trouble jumping into the subject matter when Tom
> and I were having our little back and forth, which was all in jest.

Yep, kicks and giggles. Remember?

> The only
> difference was that you jumped in with a bunch of derogatory remarks as you
> usually do.

Whereas you never say anything derogatory, right? Listen, little fellow. If
you can't take the heat, go jiminex yourself.

> CT is not southwest Florida Dorothy.

Bought a new GPS, did you?

> Send me a copy of what you sent them. I am truely interested in seeing it.

Go download it yourself, moron. It's available on the MyFlorida.com website.

> And where did I ever post my political views or support for one party over
> another?

I don't give a rat's olson how much you love Bush.

> Well, lets take my installations, service and monitoring. The alarm user
> cannot get a police registration. No police registration, no response.

How unfortunate for your victims.

> ...the professional installer's client is "the victim"...

I knew you'd finally get it right one day.

>> You don't like it when someone twists your words? Try citing me accurately
>> next time and I'll give you the same courtesy.
>>
>>> Be careful with your fun.
>>
>> As I recall, you are the one who called relentless, unproked flames "kicks
>> and giggles." If you don't like getting kicked back, try keeping your feet
>> to yourself.
>
> Is this a contest of who can kick harder?

No, this is ASA where you and several other morons routinely post insults,
lies and unprovoked flames.

> Or do want to keep the giggles in it? It is "unprovoked"...hehehehe! See
> that didn't hurt did it.

You keep attacking and you'll be slapped right back. Show a little decency
and you'll receive the same.

>> Once again, if you don't like receiving it, don't be so quick to dish it
>> out. You haven't a clue what my business is, how I treat my clients or
>> what my experience is.
>

> your right, I haven't a clue.

> I have tried to have civil correspondence with you, only to have my name or
> references to my name used in other posts, by you, that wasn't at all
> necessary since I wasn't even involved. Seen how you play early on. You
> respect no one, ever.

You're lying again. You started attacking me before I ever said a word
against you. You still post denegrating comments about me or my business in
threads where I've not even posted. Then you cry like a baby when I
leuck-slap you for it.

>>> Did you ever think (which would be a challenge for you, I know)...
>>
>> I guaranty you're

> Yep..there is alot of that type of clientele in the southwest region of

> Florida. Most of the people living in that area of the state signed the
> Constitution, were in the Civil War or had such companies as Papst Blue
> Ribbon. The average age there is "dead and don't realize it." Oh and it is
> "agencies" Your typing is going to hell in a hand basket.

You seem to think that because my office is in SW Florida most of my clients
are also here. I know it's difficult for you but stop for a moment and try
real hard to think. I sell on the Internet.

> Sorta like your comments that most alarm companies don't pull permits but
> you don't know who.

I never said I didn't know whom. You said that.

> You just heard. Well, unlicensed contactors need a place
> to buy equipment without getting ask for a license or sale tax certificates

> at a wholesale house...

I have a surprise for you, my ill-informed friend. Wholesale suppliers rarely
insist on a license. What they want is orders -- lots of them.

> Where do they buy with no questions ask? Online maybe?

Coincidentally, that's the same place that every branch of the military and
virtually every branch of government routinely shops -- the Internet. While
third-rate busineesmen like you hang onto the idea that the only way to market
is through brick and mortar alarm installing dealerships, ripping off your
customers with outrageous monthly rates to monitor flimsy, inadequate systems,
more intelligent people are learning to work in the largest marketplace on
Earth, the Web. Whine about it all you want. Companies like mine are growing
leaps and bounds while most conventional alarm dealers are watchiung revenues
fall year after year.

> ...Without consideration maybe for what they are doing to the

> very industry that you claim is ripping people off, but not illegal.

Aha! You finally admit it. Your real concern has nothing to do with quality,
service, legality or ethics. It's all about trying to stifle competition.
You're afraid that more people will begin to DIY as they realize there's an
alternative to the rip-off prices you and people like you have been charging
for years.

Bob Worthy

Jun 11, 2008, 8:38:44 AM6/11/08

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message

> A few weeks from now I'll be having about 120 guests over for a party on
the
> lanai.

The homeless will show up anywhere there is free food.

>I'll be dancing and jumping in the pool

Then I would suggest getting out and pissing in the toilet like normal
people.

> with several of our
> gorgeous, Brazilian lady friends.

You mean your wife's friends. You are just a meal ticket.

Message has been deleted

Jim

Jun 11, 2008, 1:41:13 PM6/11/08
On Jun 11, 2:22�am, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@verizon.net> wrote:

There are so many lies and contradictions in your post that it's just
not worth commenting on except to say that you are simply the most
self deluded idiot I've ever come across.

Mark Leuck

Jun 11, 2008, 10:00:57 PM6/11/08

> "Robert L Bass" wrote in message
>
>> A few weeks from now I'll be having about 120 guests over for a party on
> the
>> lanai.
>
> The homeless will show up anywhere there is free food.

And booze, don't forget the booze

Doug

Jun 12, 2008, 12:06:37 AM6/12/08

> A few weeks from now I'll be having about 120 guests over for a party on
> the lanai.

Is the pleasure in having a 120 guests or in boasting about it?, I'm fairly
sure most people in this group couldn't give a toss if you have a 120, 12
or 1200 guests so why the need to constantly brag?

Doug

Robert L Bass

Jun 12, 2008, 12:11:17 AM6/12/08

"Norm Mugford" <1al...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> Mr. BAss wrote:
>
> "Eventually I sold the business to two of my long-time
> techs. They're still at it and, from recent reports, doing quite well."
>
> You lie Mr.BAss...You Lie......

Care to prove it, scumbag?

Jim

Jun 12, 2008, 12:21:35 AM6/12/08
On Jun 11, 11:11�pm, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Norm Mugford" <1al...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> > Mr. BAss wrote:
>
> > "Eventually I sold the business to two of my long-time
> > techs. �They're still at it and, from recent reports, doing quite well."
>
> > You lie Mr.BAss...You Lie......
>
> Care to prove it, scumbag?
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

NOW NOW, Dead fuck.

You know that all that has to be done is bring up the record on your
past lies and compare it to all the proof you can bring to bear on
your claims about other people lying.

You and we all know that you wouldn't stand a chance of proving to
anyone that someone here lied. You only have your imaginings,
exaggerations and made up stories about people. But we on the other
hand have years of documented lies that you've told.

Come on now. Just give us one instance that you can show documentation
for, that someone here lied.

You give me one and I'll dig up five for each of yours ...... OK?

No? ..... don't wanna do that? Jeeeeeze I wonder why? Hmmmmm

Robert L Bass

Jun 12, 2008, 12:27:29 AM6/12/08
"Cracker" wrote:

>>That depends on your definition of "alive."
>
> <snipped entirely unread>

Su-u-u-re you didn't read it. Uh-huh.

> I'll still have a pulse...

That's all you have now anyway.

> your carcass will be rotting in some hole...

That happens to all of us.

> Your wife will be laughing all the way to bank

Yep, I plan to leave her very wealthy when I go. She deserves it. :^)

> then she'll be getting some dick...

I've always told her that if I go first she should find another. She says the
same. Se, there's another difference between us. I wouldn't want my wife to
be alone if I die first. You think the thought of her finding new happiness
would bother me. That's because, never having loved anyone or been loved by
anyone, you couldn't understand.

One of the many wonderful things about this life which you will never know is
the love and companionship of a good woman. Your mental disease prevents you
from socializing like normal human beings. You're so dominated by your fears
that you can't deal with public places. Furthermore, the thought (rather, in
you case, the certainly) of rejection completely incapacitates you when it
comes to finding someone to care about you. All you have is your PC, a few
badly stained magazines and your right hand. Meanwhile, the rest of us (well,
except for Olson and Jiminex who have no lives at all or Leuck who has his
bicycle and his spandex clad amigos or Mugford and Worthy who only have each
other) are able to build fulfilling, satisfying relationships.

Imagine that! You're even more alone than Leuck. What a pity.

Robert L Bass

Jun 12, 2008, 12:29:29 AM6/12/08
"Bug" wrote:

> Is the pleasure in having a 120 guests or in boasting about it?

I was just pointing out what a miserable existence guys like you and Cracker
have in comparison. Clearly you do care else you wouldn't feel compelled to
comment.

Doug

Jun 12, 2008, 12:41:36 AM6/12/08

> "Bug" wrote:
>>
>> Is the pleasure in having a 120 guests or in boasting about it?
>
> I was just pointing out what a miserable existence guys like you and
> Cracker have in comparison. Clearly you do care else you wouldn't feel
> compelled to comment.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
>
> ==============================>
> http://www.bassburgIaraIarms.com
> ==============================>

What you are doing is illustrating out how empty your own life really is,
the greatest joy in your life appears to be be boasting about what a good
time you are having. I'm quite content with my lot. I feel no need to tell
everyone at every opportunity how great my life is, if your life was really
really that good, you would just live it and enjoy it.

Doug

alarman

Jun 12, 2008, 12:55:09 AM6/12/08
"Robert Le' Ass" wrote

A few weeks from now I'll be having about 120 guests over for a
party on the lanai.

Florida State Corrections class of '76?

js

Frank Olson

Jun 12, 2008, 1:00:22 AM6/12/08

If his business was really that good, he wouldn't be spending so much
time here discussing the "wonderful life" he's having.

But then... I'm just a "counter clerk". What do I know?? :-)

Frank Olson

Jun 12, 2008, 1:01:55 AM6/12/08

Jack... You rock. It's the "class of '79", though. :-)

Frank Olson

Jun 12, 2008, 10:41:54 AM6/12/08

It's far easier for Robert to respond to people that "post filth"
because we (as humans) naturally find such blatantly belligerent
expressions of hatred to be both morally and socially unacceptable.
Robert counts on the fact that there are individuals that "lurk" here
(or whom may have just stumbled upon the Group and don't understand the
dynamics involved - much like I did initially) that would tend to see
him as a "victim". This is far from the truth as he has quite
succinctly demonstrated in a couple of responses to Graham and Bob
Worthy. I note that he often refers to himself as a Christian and
frequently brags of his "charity" towards those less fortunate in his
"travels". The fact that he has to "brag" about that, the numerous
threats, personal attacks, and outright lies he's leveled at yourself,
Bob W., Graham, myself and others belies even that assertion.

I've said it once and I'll say it again... I feel sorry for him. For
years he'd *lied* about how "successful" his online store was in
comparison to many of his so-called "competitors" (Andy Bowman, Mike
Sabodish, Jim Rojas, etc.). Then he's caught posting a message in what
he considered to be a private forum in which he confessed that he wasn't
even "making ends meet". I seriously doubt he's making even close to
$250,000 a year (let alone a month) when you consider his kludge sites
are full of errors, discontinued product and inflated prices. He's a
sad, miserable, mean and twisted little man with a huge chip on his
shoulder. He's also a bully.

Message has been deleted

Bob Worthy

Jun 12, 2008, 12:43:53 PM6/12/08

"Doug" <n...@home.com> wrote in message

Is it bragging, exaggerating or simply not telling the truth about any of
it. Which ever, I am with you. I don't give a toss since I toss it in the
delete file anyway.

Bob Worthy

Jun 12, 2008, 12:45:49 PM6/12/08

"Robert L Bass" <Rober...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Bug" wrote:
> >
> > Is the pleasure in having a 120 guests or in boasting about it?
>
> I was just pointing out what a miserable existence guys like you and
Cracker
> have in comparison. Clearly you do care else you wouldn't feel compelled
> comment.

Don't confuse caring about you with caring about the unsuspecting.

Bob Worthy

Jun 12, 2008, 12:50:00 PM6/12/08

> "Robert L Bass" <> wrote in message
> > "Bug" wrote:
> >>
> >> Is the pleasure in having a 120 guests or in boasting about it?

Clearly you do care else you wouldn't feel
> > compelled to comment.

> What you are doing is illustrating out how empty your own life really is,

> the greatest joy in your life appears to be be boasting about what a good
> time you are having. I'm quite content with my lot. I feel no need to tell
> everyone at every opportunity how great my life is, if your life was
really
> really that good, you would just live it and enjoy it.
>
> Doug

The Menza candidate will not understand this logic.

Bob Worthy

Jun 12, 2008, 2:28:40 PM6/12/08

> Jim wrote:
> >> Care to prove it, scumbag?
> >>
> > NOW NOW, Dead fuck.
> >
> > You know that all that has to be done is bring up the record on your
> > past lies and compare it to all the proof you can bring to bear on
> > your claims about other people lying.
> >
> > Come on now. Just give us one instance that you can show documentation
> > for, that someone here lied.
> >
> > You give me one and I'll dig up five for each of yours ...... OK?
> >

> Robert counts on the fact that there are individuals that "lurk" here

> (or whom may have just stumbled upon the Group and don't understand the
> dynamics involved - much like I did initially) that would tend to see
> him as a "victim". This is far from the truth as he has quite
> succinctly demonstrated in a couple of responses to Graham and Bob
> Worthy.

I guess I bring out the best in people. :0]

>I note that he often refers to himself as a Christian and
> frequently brags of his "charity" towards those less fortunate in his
> "travels". The fact that he has to "brag" about that, the numerous
> threats, personal attacks, and outright lies he's leveled at yourself,
> Bob W., Graham, myself and others belies even that assertion.
>

> For years he'd *lied* about how "successful" his online store was in
> comparison to many of his so-called "competitors" (Andy Bowman, Mike
> Sabodish, Jim Rojas, etc.). Then he's caught posting a message in what
> he considered to be a private forum in which he confessed that he wasn't
> even "making ends meet". I seriously doubt he's making even close to
> $250,000 a year (let alone a month)

One can make a ton of money but not have a pot to piss in (he does have his
pool though) or a window to through it out of. The gross sales can be high
but the net could be zilch. At one time, I knew approximately what he was
doing a month with one of the major supply houses but didn't know what his
margins were since I don't care to visit his website. I seriously doubt his
figures were net. If they were, I doubt he would have had to mortgage his
father's house.

> He's a sad, miserable, mean and twisted little man with a huge chip on
his
> shoulder.

and guacamole for brains

Jim

Jun 12, 2008, 4:51:57 PM6/12/08
On Jun 11, 11:27�pm, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@verizon.net> wrote:
> �Meanwhile, the rest of us (well,

> except for Olson and Jiminex who have no lives at all or Leuck who has his
> bicycle and his spandex clad amigos or Mugford and Worthy who only have each
> other) are able to build fulfilling, satisfying relationships.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

Heh heh heh heh! That's pretty funny.

You forgot to mention all the rest of the people who normally
participate in ASA who know exactly what a son of a bitch you really
are. Your only supporter is Bob C and he's got an excuse. He's
naturally stupid as proven by his business practices.

You talk about someone being alone with no friends because of what
they do to their lives but you're not able to produce one iota of
proof that it is true. you only provide your little fables and
exaggerations that you seem to think someone believes.

Yet you stupidly go right ahead and name a half a dozen people who
participate in ASA that dislike you because of what you've done to
YOUR life and how you treat people. Hows about that? You're such an
fucking idiot!

That's really funny. You self admittedly pronounce your yourself as
being exactly what you accuse someone else of. Talk about being alone
and not having any friends or relationships. I'd daresay that there's
more collectable evidence that would prove that you fit your above
description, more than anyone else here. If you were as mentally
balanced as you would like people to believe, what the HELL would you
be doing listing a bunch of people who didn't like you? Don't you even
know what inference is ?

You're the typical zealot. Typical to all zealots, regardless the
practical evidence, they pronounce that what they believe is true
because they want everyone to think they're smarter than everyone
else. In other words, they're blind to their own inadequacies because
they are so inadequate.

Lets take a pole and see how many people can produce evidence that
what you say about Graham is true and how many can produce evidence
that it's more likely true about you. Let's see what damage Graham
has done to ASA and to individuals here, as compared to what YOU'VE
done.
Wanna start a list? Betcha my list is bigger than your list !
But, I'm sure you're not going to respond to this. We know how you
ignore the truth and anyone who has the ability to prove what a
fucking miscreant you are.

Heh heh heh heh
This is really funny stuff.

Oh .... and don't forget about picking out your coffin soon.
(Just wanted to give you a little heads up and present another
opportunity for you to think about how soon that ol "D" day is coming
up. Just remember, everytime you think about something, the more
likely it's going to happen. I'm so happy to be able to provide you
with that opportunity.)

Nomen Nescio

Jun 12, 2008, 11:30:03 PM6/12/08
>Is the pleasure in having a 120 guests or in boasting about it?, I'm fairly
>sure most people in this group couldn't give a toss if you have a 120, 12
>or 1200 guests so why the need to constantly brag?

Maybe it's going to be a wake.

Mark Leuck

Jun 13, 2008, 12:17:21 AM6/13/08

"alarman" <nos...@none.net> wrote in message

Keep in mind nothing in his post mentions that his guests are human

Robert L Bass

Jun 13, 2008, 1:43:55 AM6/13/08
"Bob Worthy" <secu...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I don't give a toss since I toss it in the delete file anyway.

I'd heard you're quite a tosser.

Bob Worthy

Jun 13, 2008, 12:03:09 PM6/13/08

> "Bob Worthy" <secu...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> >
> > I don't give a toss since I toss it in the delete file anyway.
>
> I'd heard you're quite a tosser.

I heard you're quite a catcher. Be sure to wear your mask so no foul balls
hit you in the face.

Petem

Jun 13, 2008, 10:49:52 PM6/13/08
On 11 juin, 02:51, "Robert L Bass" <RobertLB...@verizon.net> wrote:

> A few weeks from now I'll be having about 120 guests over for a party on the

> lanai. While ........snip usual BS........'ll be dancing and jumping in the pool with several of our
> gorgeous, Brazilian lady friends.

Wow!! you will have 120 people at your place!! i am impress..

but you know what..any ass hole that tell every one around that he
will trow a party and that the bar is open will have at least 120
sucker to empty the bar...

have you ever heard a story in the news about some kids that first
invited 10 friend at home while there parent would be out of town?
remeber how many looser showed up?? about 120.... you invited the
same 10 as the kids?

Enigma

Jun 15, 2008, 4:08:14 AM6/15/08
Sure you do....you lie like the Clintons.

"Robert L Bass" <Rober...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Barney" wrote:
>>
>> Bass lists every device ever sold on his website, doesn't he?.
>
> It might seem so. We have over 236,000 products from more than 300
> manufacturers online. We handle a number of swimming pool alarms but not
> the floating type. Ours (GRI, mostly) are designed to alert a homeowner
> if a door or window facing the lanai (Florida-speak for "enclosed patio"
> around the pool) is opened. Florida and California now require them on
> all swimming pool enclosures.

> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

Robert L Bass

Jun 15, 2008, 7:38:35 AM6/15/08

"Enigma" wrote:

> Sure you do....you lie like the Clintons.

We just added a few new product lines. Now there are 237,500 products in our
online store. If you doubt that, perhaps I should post our site map for your
convenience. If you prefer, I can put each page on a separate post for you.
:^)

Norm Mugford

Jun 15, 2008, 9:32:43 AM6/15/08
Mr. BAss....Since you've desided to call me a scumbag,
because I commented about your "sale" of your Connecticut
business many moons ago, I believe you should explain all the
details of the sale. Or at least your version of the "so called" sale.
And let us decide if your explaination is full of lies. (Historically
it will be, by your own posting history).

Remember, I used to live in Connecticut and worked in West Hartford,
where you supposedly owned your "brick & mortor alarm and central
station operation.

I'll wait to comment on your version of the sale, from the information
I have.

Norm Mugford

Robert L Bass" <Rober...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Jun 15, 2008, 9:57:16 AM6/15/08
"Norm Mugford" <1al...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> ...Since you've desided to call me a scumbag,
> because I commented about your "sale" of your Connecticut
> business many moons ago, I believe you should explain all the
> details of the sale.

I didn't call you a scumbag because you accused me of lying. I called you a
scumbag because you are a scumbag. You were a scumbag long before I met you
and, from your posting history, it is apparent you will remain so.

> Or at least your version of the "so called" sale.

Sure. I'll be glad to post the details of my business transactions... right
after you post your 2007 tax return.

> Remember, I used to live in Connecticut and worked in West Hartford,
> where you supposedly owned your "brick & mortor alarm and central
> station operation.

I suspect you meant "brick and mortar." I ran the business in West Hartford
for 24 years. If you want details, feel free to ask the local AHJ or, better
yet, ask any of my competitors there. Everyone knew I ran a small central
station right from my home. Most also know that I routinely kicked their
butts on sales. Check the CBFAA too. I was a member for many years.

The amazing thing here is that none of the so-called "professional" installers
challenge your unbelievably unprofessional public conduct, especially
considering you're a member of the Florida state board. It speaks very poorly
of the industry at large that no one has brought you up on charges for the
disgusting lies you post, for your deliberate attempts to damage a
competotir's business, not to mention your conduct unbecoming a human.

The fact that none of the IB so much as bothers to speak up against your foul
behavior is indicative of the moral depravity of all too many "professional"
alarm installers. You should be ashamed for being such a jerk and they should
be ashamed to be in the same industry as you.

Doug

Jun 15, 2008, 10:31:39 AM6/15/08

"Robert L Bass" wrote:

> We just added a few new product lines. Now there are 237,500 products in

> our online store,, perhaps I should post our site map for your

> convenience. If you prefer, I can put each page on a separate post for
> you. :^)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
>
> ==============================>

> http://www.bassburgIaraIarms.com
> ==============================>

If its not too much trouble, 237,500 separate posts- one for each product-
would be my preference

Doug

Robert L Bass

Jun 15, 2008, 10:44:56 AM6/15/08
"Doug" wrote:

> If its not too much trouble, 237,500 separate posts- one for each product-
> would be my preference...

Happy to oblige. :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

==============================>

Frank Olson

Jun 15, 2008, 1:13:26 PM6/15/08
Robert L Bass wrote:
> "Norm Mugford" <1al...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> ...Since you've desided to call me a scumbag,
>> because I commented about your "sale" of your Connecticut
>> business many moons ago, I believe you should explain all the
>> details of the sale.
>
> I didn't call you a scumbag because you accused me of lying. I called
> you a scumbag because you are a scumbag. You were a scumbag long before
> I met you and, from your posting history, it is apparent you will remain
> so.

This, coming from the biggest scumbag in the group really means a lot, Bob.

>> Or at least your version of the "so called" sale.
>
> Sure. I'll be glad to post the details of my business transactions...
> right after you post your 2007 tax return.

Ummmm... Let's see. You wife kicked you out of the house. You moved
to Florida. She started divorce proceedings. She wound up with the
proceeds from the sale of your "alarm company". Is that about right?

>> Remember, I used to live in Connecticut and worked in West Hartford,
>> where you supposedly owned your "brick & mortor alarm and central
>> station operation.
>
> I suspect you meant "brick and mortar." I ran the business in West
> Hartford for 24 years.

From 1979 to 1999?? That's twenty years, Bass... Oh.. I forget...
you employ a "modest markup". :-)

> If you want details, feel free to ask the local
> AHJ or, better yet, ask any of my competitors there. Everyone knew I
> ran a small central station right from my home. Most also know that I
> routinely kicked their butts on sales. Check the CBFAA too. I was a
> member for many years.

You'd just love that, wouldn't you Bass? It would give you more "ammo"
about how your "business" is frequently "interfered" with by the big bad
alarm industry.

> The amazing thing here is that none of the so-called "professional"
> installers challenge your unbelievably unprofessional public conduct,
> especially considering you're a member of the Florida state board.

What's wrong with Norm's conduct? You're an unlicensed idiot with a
criminal record selling security systems "online". Your own "conduct"
has gone way beyond "unprofessional". I can't think of the last time
any online store (besides yours) posted reams of useless HTML into the
group. And then there's your lies and personal attacks... Before you
start making comments about "unprofessional conduct", have a close look
at your own.

> It
> speaks very poorly of the industry at large that no one has brought you
> up on charges for the disgusting lies you post, for your deliberate
> attempts to damage a competotir's business, not to mention your conduct
> unbecoming a human.

I think you mean "competitor's" business... And just whose business are
you referring to?

> The fact that none of the IB so much as bothers to speak up against your
> foul behavior is indicative of the moral depravity of all too many
> "professional" alarm installers.

Sure, Bob... And your frequent past digressions referencing pedophilia
and other child abuse is indicative of what??? Your own moral "fortitude"?

> You should be ashamed for being such a
> jerk and they should be ashamed to be in the same industry as you.

Nahhh... Norm's one of us. You're just an installer "wannabee" and the
very *last* person whom anyone should consult regarding proper "moral
behaviour".

Doug

Jun 15, 2008, 2:28:23 PM6/15/08

> You're an unlicensed idiot

RLB doesn't need a license to be an idiot, he was grandfathered in.

Doug

Jim

Jun 15, 2008, 5:10:45 PM6/15/08

Hey Dead man. (one of those reminder thingies)

Do you mean that you expect us to provide him with the same lack of
courtesies and considerations that we give to you?????? Why .......
how COULD we? I don't remember Norm EVER doing any of the things to
people that YOU've done. Please name one thing that Norm as done to
someone ..... other than deservingly to you. Are you trying to say
that just because YOU don't like Norm, because he calls you what you
are that ....... everyone ELSE is supposed to not like him .....?
Why, THAT doesn't seem fair.

Let me instruct you how this works. Ya see, when some one like you
intimidates people, lies, cheats, steals information, plagerizes,
stalks people, goes real life, kills a person and is a felon for a gun
crime, ...... and someone does what they can to bring out what kind of
sleezy individual you are, ......... then that's a GOOOOOOOOD
thing ...... Ya see how that works? GOOOOOOOOOD mmmmmmm
GOOOOOOOOOD!

And what you do is a BAAAAAAAAAD BADBADBAAAAAAAAAAD thing.

Got it?
And you know what happens to BAD people. ...... they just die. They
rot from the inside out.

Well ...... I guess you already know about that.