Sad news

shotgun boogie

Oct 1, 2007, 12:10:11 PM10/1/07
I am sorry to be the bearer of this sad news.

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it
is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost
went unnoticed recently.

Larry La Prise, the man that wrote "The Hokey Pokey" died peacefully at
the age of 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him
into the coffin. They put his left leg in.

And then the trouble started.

--
js

- The bigger they are, the harder they fall.
( Also, the harder they bite, punch, and kick.)

Jim Rojas

Oct 1, 2007, 12:27:34 PM10/1/07
That's not funny.

Jim Rojas

Jim

Oct 1, 2007, 2:05:52 PM10/1/07
On Oct 1, 11:27?am, Jim Rojas <jro...@tech-man.com> wrote:
> That's not funny.
>
> Jim Rojas

On Oct 1, 11:27 am, Jim Rojas <jro...@tech-man.com> wrote:
> That's not funny.
>
> Jim Rojas

I know. I know! I must have taken at least 20 minutes or more to get
him in the damn casket.

But it all came under control when they got past the part ....

"You put your whole-self in"

Mark Leuck

Oct 1, 2007, 2:36:26 PM10/1/07
Actually it is

"Jim Rojas" <jro...@tech-man.com> wrote in message

Tommy

Oct 1, 2007, 5:07:16 PM10/1/07
Jim Rojas <jro...@tech-man.com> wrote in

Yes it is!

Doug

Oct 2, 2007, 12:52:30 AM10/2/07
The Hokey Cokey was around long before Larry La Prise copyrighted it in the
US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokey_Pokey

Doug

--

"shotgun boogie" <thatsal...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

shotgun boogie

Oct 2, 2007, 1:05:16 AM10/2/07
Doug wrote:
> The Hokey Cokey was around long before Larry La Prise copyrighted it
> in the US.

Yes, and as usual, you Brits couldn't quite get it right.

js

Mark Leuck

Oct 2, 2007, 1:07:21 AM10/2/07
Well if it's from Wikipedia then it MUST be true :)

"Doug" <n...@home.com> wrote in message

shotgun boogie

Oct 2, 2007, 1:12:29 AM10/2/07
Mark Leuck wrote:
> Well if it's from Wikipedia then it MUST be true :)

He probably put that in there.

Doug

Oct 2, 2007, 1:33:40 AM10/2/07
Its true, despite it being on Wikifpedia

Doug

--

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@tx.rr.com> wrote in message

Doug

Oct 2, 2007, 1:34:58 AM10/2/07
So you changed it from Cokey to Pokey and that perfected it?

Doug

--

"shotgun boogie" <thatsal...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

shotgun boogie

Oct 2, 2007, 10:36:15 AM10/2/07
Doug wrote:
> So you changed it from Cokey to Pokey and that perfected it?
>
> Doug
>

> "shotgun boogie" <thatsal...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Doug wrote:
>>> The Hokey Cokey was around long before Larry La Prise copyrighted it
>>> in the US.
>>
>> Yes, and as usual, you Brits couldn't quite get it right.
>>
>> js

Cokey to Hokey, my lad, Cokey to Hokey.

Doug

Oct 2, 2007, 10:37:07 AM10/2/07
Hokey Hokey?

Doug

--

"shotgun boogie" <thatsal...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

shotgun boogie

Oct 2, 2007, 10:46:12 AM10/2/07
Doug wrote:
> Hokey Hokey?

:-)

--
js

Mark Leuck

Oct 2, 2007, 9:45:24 PM10/2/07
I wish you guys would get a room or something

"shotgun boogie" <thatsal...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Doug

Oct 3, 2007, 7:38:51 AM10/3/07
Okey Dokey