Alarm software..

Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP

Feb 22, 2001, 9:11:17 AM2/22/01
Hello All!!
I was wondering if anyone here has any information, or knows where I can
find some information on how an Alarm connects to a PC, and what protocols
are involved. I do some programming as a hobby, and I wanted to see if I
take this old alarm panel I have and make it dial-up and connect to my
computer. Anyone have any ideas??? Thanks in advance to all!!

--

Timoth R. Bramham

Robert Skinner

Feb 22, 2001, 9:22:54 AM2/22/01
What kind of panel is it?

"Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP" <tbra...@home.com> wrote in message

myusername

Feb 22, 2001, 9:50:27 AM2/22/01
Actually you can but it is not advisable to connect 12v pir/door sensors
directly to your comport ring line etc, the program monitoring the comport
can then ring your phone or computer and do the neccessary.
try my demo to test if you like which is a motion detector with comport
monitoring added. If a detection is found then if a camera source is
connected you can have the image emailed or uploaded to your website as well
as setting the program to record the microphone too.
http://remote-security.co.uk

Robert Skinner <omegapr...@on.aibn.com> wrote in message

Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP

Feb 22, 2001, 10:26:40 AM2/22/01
Thanks for the info, but that is not quite what I meant. What I mean is I
would like to have the alarm I have found connected up as per a normal alarm
system, but when something happens have it dial my computer, instead of a
monitoring station. I have a panel in my house that I have just moved into
and I am not interested in actually using it.. but I thought that it could
be an interesting project to try to make some type of minimal monitoring
software for it. (-= I believe it is some type of DSC alarm... not sure
what one exactly... Any further information would be greatly appreciated!!

--

Timoth R. Bramham

"myusername" <myuse...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP

Feb 22, 2001, 10:29:53 AM2/22/01
Hi there!
Thanks for your response. It is some type of DSC panel... Well I
know it is a DSC panel but not sure what one exactly.. does that help?
Sorry.. I am not into Alarms that much.. I just moved into a house that had
an Alarm system in it and thought it might be kind of neat to see if I could
make some type of Monitoring software for it for my own use. I know how to
program the panel to dial a number.. just not sure what it is looking to
connect to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. (-=

--

Timoth R. Bramham

Robert L Bass

Feb 22, 2001, 1:00:08 PM2/22/01
Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP :

> ... What I mean is I would like to have the alarm

> I have found connected up as per a normal alarm
> system, but when something happens have it dial
> my computer, instead of a monitoring station.

There are certain problems you'd have to overcome with most panels,
especially older ones, concerningn this. Most standard alarm systems
communicate using protocols which are incomprehensible to modems. To make
matters wores, alarm panels rarely (if ever) have the ability to send a
carrier signal during transmission of an alarm. Without the carrier signal,
most modems assume they've lost the connection and simply hang up.

To do what you want, you'd have to either buy or build an alarm receiving
"modem" for your PC. This has been discussed occasionally in the past and
there may be such a beast on the market, but I'm not aware of it. If you
decide to try your hand at building such a device, perhaps I can be of
limited assistance by providing you with alarm system protocols. I have a
wide assortment of alarm system installation manuals on my server, some of
which contain alarm transmission protocols in their appenxes. To review this
information, browse to my site and click the FAQ link. You'll find on the
ensuing page links to manufacturers' manuals and a lot more useful (IMO)
stuff.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.Bass-Home.com
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota, FL 34233
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
941-925-9747 voice (Florida)
941-923-6238 fax
Rober...@home.com
=============================>

Robert L Bass

Feb 22, 2001, 1:01:34 PM2/22/01
On or inside the master control panel you will find the system model number.
I have manuals to almost everything DSC makes on my server. Help yourself.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.Bass-Home.com
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota, FL 34233
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
941-925-9747 voice (Florida)
941-923-6238 fax
Rober...@home.com
=============================>

"Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP" <tbra...@home.com> wrote in message

Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP

Feb 22, 2001, 1:06:15 PM2/22/01
Hello Robert,
Thanks for the information. I will take a look into it. I am no expert
with Hardware, and I just thought that since I had the panel sitting there I
would try something.. I am still interested in seeing what can be done
though. (-= I will take a look at your site, and hopefully come up with
some further information. If there is any further details that you can
provide I would love to hear them. It is always fascinating learning new
things! (-= Thanks for the great help!!!

--

Timoth R. Bramham

"Robert L Bass" <rober...@home.com> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Feb 22, 2001, 2:02:07 PM2/22/01
You're most welcome, Timothy. I've been doing security systems and things
associated with them for 23 years. Along the way I've picked up a little
information. Feel free to contact me as your project takes shape. Perhaps I
can share something helpful from time to time.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.Bass-Home.com
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota, FL 34233
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
941-925-9747 voice (Florida)
941-923-6238 fax
Rober...@home.com
=============================>

"Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP" <tbra...@home.com> wrote in message

Rick Lalonde

Feb 22, 2001, 2:22:40 PM2/22/01
If I might interject into this discussion.
The DSC panel--if it's of a 1555 or power series variety--might offer Mr
Bramham a measure of self-monitoring security with the pager communication
feature. I'm just thinking if that format could somehow be applied in the
type
of scenario discussed?
Just a couple of cents worth of thought.

Robert L Bass <rober...@home.com> wrote in message

Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP

Feb 22, 2001, 3:06:24 PM2/22/01
Hi there!!
Robert, you have LOTS of information on your site, but I really could
not find much that had to do with the actual Alarm Transmission Protocol. I
did see the ControlID listing that was there. But I need to go a bit deeper
into it then that if I want to receive the codes. I guess I could always
try programming the DCS panel to my modem phone number and then set a
Terminal program to auto answer to see what I get.. Worth a shot if I can't
get any specifications.
Rick, I thought of that, and I believe my panel is a 1555. I am not
sure if that has the pager capability or not, but going that rout opens up a
whole new area of problems. I am really just trying to make my own little
Monitoring station software. It seems like an interesting little project.
Maybe if I knew what Alarm Panels typically send out I can go from there?
Anyone have any ideas on that?
Well again thanks for all of the great assistance and ideas!! (-=

--

Timoth R. Bramham

"Rick Lalonde" <aho...@sprint.ca> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Feb 22, 2001, 4:42:34 PM2/22/01
Rick,

You are correct about the pager format support. Perhaps he can make use of
the simple to decode DTMF format if he decides to make a custom device. I'm
not aware of any PC-bus compatible devices which can do exactly what he
wants though. It will be an interesting diversion if he tries it.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.Bass-Home.com
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota, FL 34233
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
941-925-9747 voice (Florida)
941-923-6238 fax
Rober...@home.com
=============================>

Robert L Bass

Feb 22, 2001, 4:44:50 PM2/22/01
As an alternative, perhaps you can locate a used single-channel alarm
receiver with a serial port. This would take care of the mundane hand shake,
protocol and transmission issues, leaving you to play with more interesting
things.

Just a thought.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.Bass-Home.com
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota, FL 34233
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
941-925-9747 voice (Florida)
941-923-6238 fax
Rober...@home.com
=============================>

"Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP" <tbra...@home.com> wrote in message

Chris Larsen

Feb 22, 2001, 5:27:23 PM2/22/01
Check out DSC site and go to the shuregaurd receivers and they have a board
with a software package that sets your computer up as a receiver

Chris L.

"Robert L Bass" <rober...@home.com> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Feb 22, 2001, 7:40:29 PM2/22/01
That's right. I couldn't remember who it was that puts that out. It's the
PC-LC2 from Sur-Gard, which is now called SG Communications. Here's a link
to the product information page:

http://www.sur-gard.com/pc-lc2.htm

They offer the receiver card and a software package. It may not be price
compatible with a project that is being done on a lark though.

Sur-Gard makes some really good receivers. I wanted to buy theirs last time
I was in the market for a new receiver but the model I wanted was not yet
type accepted by the FCC at the time.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.Bass-Home.com
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota, FL 34233
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
941-925-9747 voice (Florida)
941-923-6238 fax
Rober...@home.com
=============================>

"Chris Larsen" <jmla...@home.com> wrote in message

herm...@ridgenet.net

Feb 23, 2001, 3:07:59 AM2/23/01
Sooner or Later,
IMHO, There is not much value in a self monitored system. Many CS's offer a
pager notification, IF something happens.....
The subject has been talked about here for quite some time.
There is a very common car security alarm that changes through a few
signals, (i.e. viper), but it is very predictable. Any one that I know
ignores it, and walks right on by.
Even if you have a home security alarm, local only, after the one or two
false alarms, your neighbors will ignore it too.... (and complain later),
and not call 911.
Even if you did get your own signal, and truly your own signal, no one
else's, what are you going to do ? Go blazing into the hallway halfway dark
with a .45 hitting anything that moves?
What if it were your own child?
Sounds half baked to me.....

Admittedly, some police officer's are above excellent, most are pretty good,
a very few, well , needs improvement. But in a home invasion type scene, a
typical home security alarm, local only + pager, will not do you much good,
and even the police officer that I consider "needs improvement", is still
far and above in training over the average "Joe" home owner with a .45 in
the dark.

I know that there are many big companies out there selling these type of
things, playing upon the fears of middle America, but please, think it
through, what is your families response plan if the smoke detector
activates? Does your family know the difference between the security alarm
signal(s) and the fire alarm? (there is a difference in the response). This
is just for starts... So you invest in a high end alarm system...

The response plan makes 90% of the difference, which the salesman or
installer will not train you or you family in the response. I can not
emphasize enough the importance of the response plan, and it is highly
dependant on the layout of your own house. Not so much the technology
itself, which "we" in this NG can get somewhat myopic about, although it
helps the awareness. So the alarm activates.... Which Alarm?, What do You,
and Yours, do Now?

I have found that people will spend way too much money on a alarm system,
but will not ask the fire dept. for, generally, a Free assessment for a
reasonable response plan.

sorry to sound too tough, but,

Charlie
"The Lake"
P.S. for all the pro's out there, when was the last time that you really,
actually, tested that fire alarm in your own house, bedroom, living room,
etc.? (even if it's a 9v battery type)
(There has been more than one fire company that burned it's own fire house
down while responding to a fire call, (oops, left something in the
oven)..... even the pro's forget...)
So, go ahead, push that test button, what does your family do?

(Might want to call in a test to the CS or FD first if your family really
does know what to do)

Robert L Bass

Feb 23, 2001, 6:20:10 AM2/23/01
I don't disagree with you about the value of monitoring. In this case,
however, I get the impression that the gentleman is more interested in
designing a means to do the job via PC. Most of the time such projects are
borne of the challenge they create. I have a good number of clients who can
easily afford a professionally installed system. Many of them choose to
install their own systems simply because it's an interesting diversion.

At any rate, there is nothing in the idea of integrating a security system
with a PC which precludes central station monitoring. Sometimes we can get
caught up in industry terminology and miss the client's meaning. For him the
expression "monitoring" might only refer to having the PC record and/or
respond, say by activating light or the HVAC system, to alarm sensor
activity. I'm not saying this is what the gentleman means, but it is
certainly within the scope of what non-industry people might refer to as
monitoring.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.Bass-Home.com
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota, FL 34233
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
941-925-9747 voice (Florida)
941-923-6238 fax
Rober...@home.com
=============================>

<herm...@ridgenet.net> wrote in message

Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP

Feb 23, 2001, 8:06:29 AM2/23/01
Yeah... More and more it looks like I may end up doing that... Any idea
about an old one of them might cost or where I might be able to find one??
This is just some hobby project so I do not want to put a lot of cash into
it.. (-= I mean if it is going to get too expensive to get a receive, and I
can't figure what all the handshake and transmission protocols are, then I
can always interface the door contacts and PIR directly skipping the Alarm
controller, and going straight into my PC.. although I would prefer not to..
hehe Oh well.. the search continues for now.. (-= You are all coming up
with great ideas! thanks for all of your help!!

--

Timoth R. Bramham

"Robert L Bass" <rober...@home.com> wrote in message

Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP

Feb 23, 2001, 8:23:20 AM2/23/01
Hello Charlie, and all,
I totally agree with you. An alarm system to be fully effective should
be monitored by a professional central station, that is dedicated to the
task. I could go that route, but as Robert correctly pointed out, I am
really just doing this to see if I can. I moved into this place and the
alarm panel was there. It looks like it has not been used since it was
installed. In fact I had to reconnect some of the wires to the PIR, and
door contacts just to make it functional. I am really not that interested
in having it working and monitored. I just thought that it would be really
cool to see if I could find some way on getting my PC to answer and alarm
signal, and then notify me of it. I have the means to make my computer send
me and email, page, fax, and send a message directly to my cell phone, so I
thought it would be interesting to give it a shot. So far all I have
learned is that the protocols and handshake involved don't seem to be
available on the net, although I am not giving up... (-= I have also gained
a little more information about interfacing the motion sensors and door
contacts directly and bypassing the need for a dedicated Alarm Panel, so
that might also be something I want to do. Another thing that I have found
interesting is how interesting it would be to build a very simple and crude
Alarm Panel. So that may be another project I might want to work on.. It
might be easier actually, because then I would not have to worry about what
handshake and transmission protocols are used, I could create my own. (-=
It is all very fascinating!! I just wish I knew more about how the digital
dialler send and the receiver receives signals! (-8 Oh well.. where there
is a will there is a way!

--

Timoth R. Bramham

"Robert L Bass" <rober...@home.com> wrote in message

Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP

Feb 23, 2001, 8:28:44 AM2/23/01
Thanks for the link! I will take a look at it. I am not sure it is what I
want, because I was hoping to write the software myself and it seems like
this is a full package, and does not give you any means by which you can
create your own program. Not to mention that it is probably a lot more
expensive then I am willing to spend on this little hobby project. (-=
Thanks for the info though!! (-=

--

Timoth R. Bramham

"Robert L Bass" <rober...@home.com> wrote in message

Robert L Bass

Feb 23, 2001, 10:23:22 AM2/23/01
This news group occasionally has messages from alarm dealers who are selling
off old hardware. Generally speaking though, even used alarm receivers can
be a little pricey.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.Bass-Home.com
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota, FL 34233
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
941-925-9747 voice (Florida)
941-923-6238 fax
Rober...@home.com
=============================>

"Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP" <tbra...@home.com> wrote in message

Group Moderator

Feb 23, 2001, 1:25:02 PM2/23/01
I have Three (3) Osborne-Hoffman Receivers for sale W/power supplies. They do
it all Contact ID etc. Read about it here
http://osborne-hoffman.com/quickale.html Price is 1,000.00 each (US) +
shipping. These list for $3,600.00 + $200.00 for the power supply as you will
see on their website. If you are interested contact te...@AlarmServicesInc.Com
Mike, Sr.
Alarm Services Inc.(NJ)
Group Moderator
http://www.AlarmServicesInc.Com

mikey

Feb 23, 2001, 3:58:44 PM2/23/01
Thanks for the opening, Bob. I've got tons of old Linear shit I'd unload for
a song... 300MHz (303 US freq to be exact).... et1as, et2s, D67 1ch
receivers, exa-100 antennae.... pretty primitive for wireless security these
days but they'd be fun for less than critical aps. I'm a packrat, there's
more: Surguard D4 dialers, Transcience pendants and receivers (anybody
remember those? :-) In fact, I've also got an adcor 3/1 receiver somewhere I
think. It's got one of them cheerios ports and I've got the manual too,
pretty heavy though, probably cost a small fortune to ship anywhere....
where are ya and what do ya have for tradesees, Tim?

> This news group occasionally has messages from alarm dealers who are
selling
> off old hardware. Generally speaking though, even used alarm receivers can
> be a little pricey.
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP

Feb 23, 2001, 4:54:33 PM2/23/01
Hi there!
Well I am in Kingston, Ontario... so $1000.00US is probably closer to
$1500.00 or more Canadian.. Far too much to spend on just a little hobby
project.. I do not want to open up my own CS operation or anything.. just
interested in playing with an alarm I found in my house when I moved in.
The more and more I think about it the more I think that I may just try to
create my own primitive Alarm panel that I can hook my PIR, and door
contacts to, and have it connect to my PC directly. There does not appear
to be ANY information on the handshake or protocols involved with connecting
an alarm to a receiver out on the net.. I must say I am very surprised.. (-=
As for trading stuff I would love to but I am not an alarm guy at all..
Just a Computer Programmer Nerd who wants to try connect everything and
anything electrical to his computer.. hehe (-=

--

Timoth R. Bramham

"mikey" <mc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Dan Wright

Feb 23, 2001, 5:14:53 PM2/23/01
You may do better with this over in the comp.home.automation newsgroup. Its
aimed a bit more at what you want to do. Some websites to browse...
www.smarthome.com
www.x10.com
http://www.geocities.com/ido_bartana/

There are some low costs ways to get US gear into Canada as well that others
there can give you.
--
Dan Wright
Starwolf Systems

Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP <tbra...@home.com> wrote in message

Jack Stevens

Feb 23, 2001, 5:28:36 PM2/23/01
:-)

"Group Moderator" <alarm...@aol.com> wrote in message

Jacob Ashbury

Feb 23, 2001, 5:56:27 PM2/23/01
Yeah- Bass-settlement receivers form "the EX?"

Jake-
"Jack Stevens" <alarm...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

mikey

Feb 23, 2001, 6:19:08 PM2/23/01

No, 'course not. I knew where you were coming from, just wanted to throw
that out there. Dan Wright's pointing you in the right direction. Skip the
panel, hook the devices direct to the PC.

herm...@ridgenet.net

Feb 23, 2001, 9:15:51 PM2/23/01
Ok,
Radionicsinc.com makes what is called a dialer capture module #D9133? which
will capture any dialers protocol and outputs the RS-232 serial ASCII data,
which you can then bring in on the serial port of your computer, (use the 9
pin RS-232, the 4 pin USB might work, but there is more websites and
documentation out there on the 9-pin, for a website to start, try
www.beyondlogic.org/serial/serial.htm).
For actual direct connection to the panel, and programming they have a new
7212 panel and some software called the PC9000.
If you really want to dive into the actual alarm panels transmission
protocol, you can go to www.siaonline.org (might be .com) It gets really
messy though and is more appropriate for a graduate electronic engineer.
Most Central Stations now have more modern software that can be configured
to give you an alpha numeric page for signals from your alarm system. This
is useful for when the kids come home from school and you want to be
notified.
So far as building you own alarm system using your computer, you can buy an
inexpensive digital I/O board and a relay board, use the software that comes
with it, (usually a few predefined routines in visual basic), a few power
supplies and voila!
Charlie
"The Lake"

"Timoth Ryan Bramham, MCP" <tbra...@home.com> wrote in message

Jackson

Feb 24, 2001, 12:10:24 AM2/24/01
There are two ways to do it .....

1. The easy way :- $10

Connect the alarm bell output to a relay to provide a dry contact output and
use it to trigger the D0 line on your computer's parallel port, or trigger
the DTR pin on your computer's serial port. Then your "mickey software"
would trigger either your SMS software to send a SMS to your phone.

2. The hard way :- Upward of $200 but less than $500.

You need a ring down circuit, a pulse/tone decoder, PIC development kit,
etc. etc .... you are going to develope a circuit that will answer an
incoming call with a tone, then it will need to decode the incoming
pulse/tone signal from the alarm panel and store the data to a onboard
buffer (HAMS radio operators have similar gadgets for decoding weather
broadcast), then send the data over to the serial port, and it is up to your
software to do whatever you want with the data. There is no way to connect
the alarm panel directly to either a parallel port of a serial port on a
computer, hence you have to develope your own interface.

3. There is another way, but it might be impossible.

Write your own application software to drive a voice modem at the hardware
level. What you need to do is make the voice modem answer on the first ring,
then put out a wave file that simulates a handshake tone down the phone
line, then record the incoming pulse/tone to a wave file, and run the wave
file thru a software decoder/analyser ..... I think you will like this
challenge better since it does not involve any hardware cost/developing.

And you know what ? Unless you don't have a day job to go to, I don't see
you wasting your time developing a software application to do such a thing.

Jackson

Feb 24, 2001, 1:04:20 AM2/24/01
And also, if you can specify the made and model of your control panel,
somebody here might be able to suggest a link to "some sort of an serial
interface" already on the market. Why re-invent the wheel when you don't
have to ?

"Jackson" <jac...@repairman.com> wrote in message

Dan Wright

Feb 24, 2001, 2:22:46 AM2/24/01
Most of the serial connections are more "stream of consciousness" kind of
things rather than true bi-directional comms. Also X10 built in to most
panels is barely useful for any real HA. Caddx is reportedly the best right
now, and several HA vendors have build interfaces for it (Elk Magic Module
and Stargate). Unless you have either of those, or an HAI Omni, integrating
security with the rest of the home environment is difficult to the point of
being of dubious value. Consider the following example of a smoke detector
going off in an elderly persons kitchen:
Std Environment: Local alarm sounds/central station notified
Integrated Env: Local alarm sounds/stove is turned off/ventilation turned
off/central station notified/caretaker is paged

HA is also assisted living...

--
Dan Wright
Starwolf Systems

Jackson <jac...@repairman.com> wrote in message

herm...@ridgenet.net

Feb 24, 2001, 9:42:19 AM2/24/01
It's called a dialer capture module, a D9133 ? from radionicsinc.com,
outputs directly into RS-232 ASCII.
Charlie

Robert L Bass

Feb 25, 2001, 4:09:23 PM2/25/01
I was referring to central station receivers.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.Bass-Home.com
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota, FL 34233
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
941-925-9747 voice (Florida)
941-923-6238 fax
Rober...@home.com
=============================>

lee.dot.varga....@anti-spam.you.work.it.out.uk

Feb 26, 2001, 6:54:41 PM2/26/01

>Most of the serial connections are more "stream of consciousness" kind of
>things rather than true bi-directional comms. Also X10 built in to most
>panels is barely useful for any real HA.

Most, but not all, have a quick look at www.comfort.org.uk a stunning alarm/ha panel.
It answers voice calls and takes messages, has events and IVR to control X10 stuff around the house, has external intercomms that
can call your mobile should a visitor call at your home while you're out and let you talk to them - all superb stuff, shame it's out
of my price league, but well worth a look!

Lee.

Dan Wright

Feb 26, 2001, 9:14:39 PM2/26/01

<lee.dot.varga....@ANTI-SPAM.you.work.it.out.uk> wrote in message

I have seen the website before. They look to be a competitor with the HAI
Omni/OnQ/Aegis lines, vice Napco, DSC and Caddx. However they are not
present in the HA discussion groups or for that matter carried by the major
distributors here in the US. They also do not seem to be on the exhibitors
list for the upcoming EH Show(http://www.ehexpo.com/exhibitor_dir.html),
which is the big show for HA in the US. Have you ever seen one installed?

I will ask over in CHA as well.

mikey

Feb 27, 2001, 6:32:52 PM2/27/01
...and I was mentioning that I had an old one with a cheerios port. You
really should read the posts, Bob.

> I was referring to central station receivers.
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass
>

> > "mikey" <mc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Thanks for the opening,....
> > boooooring....
> > ...... In fact, I've also got an adcor 3/1 receiver somewhere

lee.dot.varga....@anti-spam.you.work.it.out.uk

Feb 27, 2001, 6:35:29 PM2/27/01

>I have seen the website before. They look to be a competitor with the HAI
>Omni/OnQ/Aegis lines, vice Napco, DSC and Caddx. However they are not
>present in the HA discussion groups or for that matter carried by the major
>distributors here in the US. They also do not seem to be on the exhibitors
>list for the upcoming EH Show(http://www.ehexpo.com/exhibitor_dir.html),
>which is the big show for HA in the US.

They seem to be a mostly european outfit.

> Have you ever seen one installed?

No, but I've been lurking on the egroups chat forum for a while, some of the owners are 'way out there' on the HA front, shame I
haven't got the cash to do it all myself :(

Lee.