SUNL - junk dealer of ATVs, scooters and go karts

Borked Pseudo Mailed

Jan 3, 2009, 9:45:11 PM1/3/09

BUYER BEWARE!
Thinking of buying a SUNL ATV or product? DON'T DO IT!!
Below is what you can expect!
Extremely low quality, no after the sale service or parts.
SUNL is just JUNK! Do not waste your money!

http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2007/JUN/complaint14982.cfm
NO PARTS JUST LIES
I PURCHASED A MOPED FROM A PLACE CALLED MEGAPOWERSPORTS IN FLORIDA ON MAY 7,2007. wHEN I RECEIVED THE BIKE THE PARTS FOR THE STEERING HANDLE WERE NOT IN THE BOX. I CALLED MEGAPOWERSPORTS SEVERAL TIMES SINCE THEN BUT IVE ONLY GOTTEN LIES. I TRIED CONTACTING THE SUNL GROUP AND SPOKE WITH ADAM WEILY BUT STILL NO PARTS. ADAM WENT AS FAR AS TELLING ME THAT MY PARTS WERE BEING AIR FREIGHTED FROM JAPAN ESPECIALLY FOR ME. YEAH RIGHT. IT IS NOW JUNE 22 AND I HAVENT RECEIVED NOT ONE THING. IVE FILED A COMPLAINT WITH THE B.B.B IN FLORIDA AGAINST MEGAPOWERSPORTS AND I AM ALSO DISPUTING THE CHARGES WITH MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY. BOTH COMPANIES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks very much for your support.
Alexandra Philogene

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/sunl-c869.html
2 days ago by Don Lang
Not sure yet about the quality as I just bought this via a private sale. What I can say is it is very hard or so far impossible to find parts. The 200 cc ATV I purchased was missing the skid plate. For more than 2 weeks I have tried to find this part. I have contacted the Corporate offices, local dealer, (who says he's not even a dealer), the NJ office, Houston, Dallas... I have talked to the National Sales Manager who just blew me off. Left messages for every extension at the corporate office and just can't get a simple part. I am now having it custom manufactured. I hope the ATV lasts for 1 summer, that is all I expected. It had less than 1 hour use on it when I purchased it. The plastic was still on the seat. I can tell, I have been in business for nearly 25 years and have never seen anything like this company. Absolutely!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/sunl-group-c13239.html
Sunl Group
Poor Quality product
My son purchased a 110cc dirt bike from a distributor in WI with his own hard earned money on 7-4/06.
He was told that this was a high quality product built and designed after Honda. Well let me tell you
this is not true. We have had nothing but problems since this bike was purchased. After only driving
this dirt bike 8 times, the frame broke and luckily he was not badly injured. We have sent many hours
and a great deal of money on repairing this bike.
The worst now is the dealer will not stand behind this product and repair or assist in getting this
bike issue resolved.

==
SUNL's UNSATISFACTORY BBB record
http://dallas.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=15000591&language=1
==

http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/10/threadid/513487
Glad to have found this site to vent on. My son bought one of these
from NYDiscountmotors on Feb. 19 on ebay. Nothing but problems since
it came out of the crate. Starter wouldn't work, so he was jump
starting it for about two weeks. Place was going to meet us halfway
between NY and CT to fix problem, then tells me to take it somewhare
and they will reimburse cost. Did that and the day before we took it
all of a sudden the starter worked. Guy up here looked at it, couldn't
find why it wouldn't start before, needed headlight replacement. Was
never sent. Then they won't reimburse him the $90 because it was now
working. Then agreed to pay half, still haven't gotten it. Body parts
are broken off, cheap plastic, In March the chain broke, $38 to
replace that with a good chain By beginning of May, rear brake pads
completly gone. Another $68 to replace them, once the guy found ones
that matched. Yesterday, the front wheel is now sheared right off the
axle. Luckily he was going around a curve and not going fast. These
are a piece of $1000 junk. He rides in the woods on trails he and his
friends have made and these bikes are just not rugged enough for that.
He had a Polaris 90 Sport we got used for $600. That on had been
flipped, crashed, drowned and never broke off a body part. On this
piece of crap the entire right side from front fender to back is in
pieces and other parts are cracked. He has sure learned a
hard lesson for a 14 year old. NY Discount motors response is
basically you get what you pay for. They are really mad because I left
neutral feedback on them. Just said good sale, shoddy product, email
for info before bidding. Ruined there 100% positive rating. Have asked
me to recind it, was considering it, until the wheel incident. Sorry
to go on so long, but just needed to vent. I guess buyer beware is
really true. Thanks

http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/10/threadid/518264.cfm
All the bad things you have read about SUNL are correct, why bother
with JUNK!

Things I've had go wrong in the first 3 months:

1.) Chain broke after the "guard" squashed against it after casual
trail riding...and I mean CASUAL.
2.) Bolts to the swing arm axle adjuster fell out after a day of
CASUAL riding, used red thread lock to fix it, took an hour to find
them in the field.
3.) Throttle cable got stuck after a day of attempted mud riding...my
son held on for dear life!
4.) Frame developed a crack near the lower swing arm joint...hmmm.
5.) Gas tank developed a hair line crack after another day of CASUAL
riding (this is when I decided it was no longer safe for my son to
ride it).

So, bottom line, if your having good luck with your SUNL, your among A
FEW. Don't waste your money...that's all I'll say.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/sunl-c869.html
Buyer beware!
In April of 2006 I purchased 6 ATV's from a SUNL dealer thru EBAY.
This dealer, who I will not name, has been so very helpful. I have no
complaints at all about him. He has sent me box after box of parts for
free. What absolutely floors me, is how incredibly poorly these things
are made. My kids are all average sized, ranging from 6 yrs old to 11
yrs old. They only ride them on the weekends in our 4.5 acres of flat
as can be grass yard. No jumps, tricks, rough riding, nothing. These
things have been an endless headache for me. I seriously can't tell
you how many hours and hours I have spent trying to make these things
work. Here are just a few problems I have encountered: CONSTANT carb
problems-float needles sticking open causing the carb to empty the
entire fuel tank all over the ground/floor. Needles sticking shut
causing the engine not to start. Fuel lines cracking and leaking all
over the hot engine after only one month of riding. Dead batteries
every weekend causing me to need to jump start them off of my battery
charger just to get them going. All of them have had the chains break
at least once. The frame on one of the 110's broke in half where the
swingarm meets while my 60 lb daughter was riding it, luckily she was
not hurt. All of them have had parts break, fall off, loosen up, etc
for no reason. I got to the point where I was putting Loctite on
everything! I could go on and on. At this point, only ONE of the SIX I
purchased is running. They are parked permanently. Now, I knew that
these were not going to be as good as the Hondas that I originally
wanted to buy (the Hondas are 5 times the $), but I didn't think these
things would be so terribly made and downright dangerous. In the end,
I guess you do get what you pay for. BUYER BEWARE!

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=6462&highlight=
I was a SunL Dealer couldn't get parts at all and filed against them
through my credit card company. Endless Journey Cycles Ohio

http://myvento.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3544
Just picked up a brand new 150cc scooter by SUNL. Got it cheap, but as
I am finding out, getting replacement body panels are difficult to
come by. I email SUNL in Texas but they don't respond. I email a
distributor in City of Industry, California, and they too don't
respond. It would appear the SUNL is another fly by night company or
run out of someone's bedroom.

http://www.atvnation.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t11020.html
Run away from anything that says SunL on it. We used to deal in their
scooters also and they were nothing but problems.

http://www.myvento.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1763
Arg! Well I still don't have the parts I need to fix my kickstarter. I
can't get a hold of SunL's parts division (the switch board at SunL
only picks up the phone when the parts division is closed, HA!).
Brian, If your smart you will tear up Sunl's number and never call
them again. They are THE WORST company when it comes to scooters.

http://www.myvento.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=849
One important message to you. DO NOT look for any support from
SUNL. They are the worst in my opinion and I have been trying to deal
with them since buying the bike last October.

http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2007/FEB/complaint11889.cfm
I purchased several mopeds to resale in my powersport shop. Sunl has
made promise after promise to send necessary parts which I ended up
buying from a parts house. I needed mso's in order to get titles to
the mopeds that I sold. I have had to purchase several mopeds back
from the customers, which now I have a few used mopeds that I can't
get titles to. Sunl contacted me informed me that the state of Florida
is making them buy back all mopeds (as a credit) I purchased for what
I paid for them, less shipping. Now they say they are not going to buy
them back, refuse to take my calls or return any of my calls. I hope
that anyone that is thinking about buying from Sunl reads this and
thinks twice about it they are built cheaper than other chinese
products that I purchased from other distribitors. I have also heard
rumor tha sunl has copied from another mfg the epa tags and put them
on their own products which is why Florida wont accept any mso that I
already have.

http://www.gokartsrus.com/go-kart_forum/viewtopic.php?t=443&sid=42ac0a15abd4b1b62fe155bc9c1c6090
Many many phone calls all over the country dealing with rude
receptionists and ignorant peaople, finally yielded the name and phone
number of the GM over thier 4 US branches, Jeff Boudreaux at
1-866-423-1072. I spoke to him on Feb 14th and thought i was finally
going to get somwhere, he refered me to Chris the Parts and Tech
manager in Texas. Now about 10 e-mails later I have not gotten any
resolution. Lotsa "gonnas" but no action. when I am done with this
post I plan to get on the phone to Jeff again. Really a shame if they
want to build a brand in the US, if they don't change and begin to
listen to customers problems, address them with manufacturing changes
and then stand behind thier product and make parts accessable they
won't last long.I have had alot of communication with SUNL in Texas
and do not get the responses I had hoped for, especially considering
they are trying to build a brand here in the U.S. For example I have
tried to get the missing washer that holds on the dust cap on the
front hub for over a month now.... Nuthin. I have tried to find out if
there is a clutch rebuild kit.... Nuthin. I could go on but won't.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/sunl-c869.html
These karts are junk. And if that isn't enough, just try getting parts
for them. Even as a dealer, I couldn't hardly get any parts. I finally
gave up and dumped the line. Stay away from SUNL. You will be doing
yourself and your family a great favor.

http://www.texasatvs.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-14204.html
stay away from, me and my buddy used to sell them they have alot of
problems Chassis breaking carbs falling off and sticking wide open one
kid .. got hurt no to long ago and sunl is being sued over defects,
spend the extra money and buy name brand

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/review_detail.asp?rv=48461&veh=40198
-- Pink Piece of Junk --
I can't believe I actually bought this for my 8 year old daughter. She
wanted to ride with me at the local track but I didn't want to spend
any more money on an expensive quad so I decided to buy this. I am
extremely disappointed because it only rides for a few hours before
something goes wrong with it. Everything about this quad is awful. I
would never buy another SunL ATV ever again.

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/review_detail.asp?rv=47724&veh=38999
-- SUNL Junk --
Purchased a Hanma R6 for grandson for Christmas. Purchased 12/22/2006.
Went through all the pre-ride checks and he received atv on
12/26/2006.
No rough riding, no jumping, no high speeds and unit falling apart
everyday. Welds breaking and bolts coming loose. Returned unit on
January 4, 2007 and probably out the money, but SUNL is junk - DO NOT
BUY IT. No warranty, no parts, and no service. Somebody needs to get a
class action suit started on these guys to shut them down or get them
straight before somebody dies.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/10/threadid/518264.cfm
You get what you pay for...I bought a ATV 109 for my son, it served
it's purpose for a couple of months. I got tired of fixing it after
every ride. In general, they are junk.

http://www.atvtime.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=106869&sid=253c69a37fd42071a81a35477649ac99
We bought a little SUNL about 2 months ago, something has fallen off
or broke everytime we go riding. This last time, it was the frame. So
we are sending it back and are looking at getting the Unison Desert
Cat 90. So far I have heard alot of good stuff. We ride in sand
mostly. My son is only 35 lbs and will be 8 this summer. We want
something that we wont have to fix or tighten things on every time we
ride.

http://ridingarizona.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24677??
We have some experience with "Chinese Quads". While they are cheaper,
you have to be willing to put in the time in maintaining them. They
take A LOT more maintenance than regular bikes. Things rattle off and
parts break easily on a regular basis. You have to know how to fix
them and it is difficult to get certain parts. It takes a lot of
patience in getting on line and calling places to find parts. Many
times we have ordered parts for them to be back ordered for months and
we never get them. It was really hard to find tires and wheels for our
little one and we ended up having to wait about 7 months before we
found the right ones.

http://ridingarizona.com/forum/post.asp?method=ReplyQuote&REPLY_ID=211831&TOPIC_ID=21612&FORUM_ID=10
I bought a SunL 50cc quad for my 5 year old stepdaughter less than a
year ago. I too did not want to spend $2k on a 50cc quad, especially
if she turned out not to be interested in riding it. My first
impression was that it had a stout motor for a 50cc., had a decent
looking rear disc brake, electric start, remote start, remote kill
switch, pretty neat I thought. I soon realized that what I had was a
total pile of crap.

* The suspension is nothing more than springs - there is no
appreciable damping in the "shock". Makes for precarious handling
characteristics thru any sort of appreciable bumps.
* The throttle stop, at its full-in position, still allows the bike to
haul a**.
* There is no parking brake, and it will walk away at normal idle
levels.
* Not that the brake is much use, which was surprising, as it's a
hydraulic disc brake (rear only, no front brake at all). It will slow
the bike down eventually, but it's not even strong enough to lock the
rear wheels pulled fully to the grip. Yes, I bled it, no improvement.
* There is no gas tank pet***. A piece of plastic from the cheapo gas
tank lodged itself in the float seat, causing it to piss gas out the
float vent. There was no vent tube, so the gas was leaking on the hot
cylinder head. Only solution given a lack of the right tools to remove
the plastics at the time was to drain the gas tank before putting it
back on the trailer.
* With the help of the springboard suspension and some uneven bumps
(common to offroading), my daughter managed to flip it over. Now the
steering shaft is bent.

She's ridden it at maybe 8 outings total, and it is now a total piece
of garabage. During the last 4 outings, I've spent more time fixing it
than she has riding it, cutting out my riding time as well. Now that I
know she's into riding, she will be getting a quality quad for her
birthday in a couple months.

So, in conclusion, if you don't ride very hard, or if you do ride hard
but don't venture far from camp and can put up with a constantly
breaking motorcycle or quad, the chinese models may be what you're
looking for.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/sunl-c869.html
7 days ago by Brandy Jenson
I bought 2 four wheelers for my two daughters for a Christmas present
from sunl the first thing that happened was when they were delivered
one of them was the wrong color it was suppose to be pink and it was a
hunters camo yellow for a boy and this was a Christmas present for my
daughter and i hand her this boy looking four wheeler i contacted sunl
and they said they didnt have the one i ordered so just sent me the
wrong one hoping i would be happy well i was not it took from the end
of nov.To just a few days ago to get the new body that i ordered i am
so disappointed with these four wheeler every time we attempt to ride
them they literally fall apart both of them are a piece of junk all
the problems i read you had i have had the same things wrong with mine
and every time i try to contact them they are full of excuses i think
they're waiting for the year warranty to be up so then theres no
chance of getting any help from sunl we bought these and they dont
even run and were suppose to just say oh well we got ripped off its
not fair we should get a refund or something i feel like we totally
got ripped off.33 days ago by Jennifer McArdle

The fact that these four wheelers are poorly made is absolutely true,
and to add headache to injury, the dealer who sold my daughter's to me
neglected to mention the laws and statutes concerning appropriate size
for age class, the required education classes and registration
documentation. So not only is the product poorly constructed, but due
to the laws where I live and the fact that I would use it at public
locations, my child is completely unable to use it. Which I guess
isn't so bad considering the safety issues that other Sunl owners have
experience. Stay very far away from the Sunl products!! do not make
the same mistake that I did.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/hanma-r6-atv-poor-quality-c3998.html
HANMA R6 ATV - poor quality
Complaint Rating: 67 % with 3 votes
Purchased SUNL Hanma R6 December 22, 2007..given as Christmas gift to
6 year old 54 pound (24.49 kg) grandson. He received gift on December
26th.

The recommended inspection before riding was completed on December
24th per the checklist in the owners manual. In addition to pre-ride
inspection all bolts and nuts were checked for tightness. One bolt was
found missing in rear muffler hanger and a number of bolts were loose.
The nuts that attach the muffler to the engine head were loose and
also tightened. Lug nuts on wheels were also checked for proper
torque.During pre-ride inspection what looked to be a small crack was
noted on rear rack bracket.
Per instruction booklet motor break in procedures were followed by
setting throttle at approximately half throttle for first ten hours.
Youngster rode with father who was on a Kawasaki quad and father
insured that engine speed was varied and that constant low speed was
avoided However, unit was never broken in due to a total of ten hours
not being completed. The vehicle held together only long enough for
one tank of fuel and part of another tank to be used.

December 26th: Rear muffler bolt came loose and was lost. Bolt
replaced. Rear rack bracket broke and rack went forward into plastic
body housing breaking plastic body.

December 27th: Keeping muffler tight continued to be a problem and
muffler was wired because muffler bracket broke. Battery case latching
system broke.

December 28th: Chain came off and had to be replaced and retightened
and muffler continued to work loose at engine head.

December 29th: front rack mounting broke and bolts holding muffler on
engine head came loose and were lost, This was the end of using the
unit. Unit was returned to dealer on January 4th.

The unit is sold as an all terrain vehicle for off use road only. This
unit was never subjected to any excess weight, nothing was carried on
either rack, and the unit was never subjected to any severe treatment
such as jumping or high speed operation in rough terrain, or for that
matter even over mild terrain.. Unit was operated in field and pasture
conditions in a rural area. None of the areas would be considered
extreme or severe terrain. Overall the unit was operated in what would
be considered mild territory for any off road or all terrain vehicle.
The dealer has stated that the damage to the unit appeared to be
"impact" damage. There was never any impact with any object other than
those that were attached to the unit and fell off and impacted some
other part of the unit such as the rear rack hitting the plastic body.
I have absolutely no complaints at all about the engine other than the
muffler not staying on the unit. Engine started easily every time and
ran excellent. Brakes worked well and transmission seemed to perform
flawlessly. However, I would add that the unit has not operated the
full 10 hours as recommended for break in.
The major problem I see is that the tubing used in the construction of
the frame and racks is of extremely poor quality. With such little
operating time under such mild conditions and seeing all of the welds
break and other frame problems I am concerned that a major frame
component could fail. Failure of a major part such as swing arm or
other steering component could result in sever injury or even death to
the rider and even low speeds. Don't waste your money, or chance your
kids life.

===

Broken axle
http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=502256&highlight_key=y&keyword1=sunl

Broken frame....SUNL stalls
http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=488738&highlight_key=y&keyword1=sunl

SUNL 90....another broken frame
http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=495060&highlight_key=y&keyword1=sunl

SUNL mini 90....broken swingarm
http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=480312&highlight_key=y&keyword1=sunl

SUNL 250 .... engine and welds break
http://www.buggynews.com/topic3638.html?highlight=sunl

SUNL class action lawsuit
http://www.buggynews.com/topic7088.html?highlight=sunl
http://www.buggynews.com/topic2812.html

SUNL 250 motor mounts breaking
http://www.buggynews.com/topic2358.html?highlight=sunl

http://thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2006/SEP/complaint10071.cfm
http://thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2006/AUG/complaint9789.cfm
http://thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2006/AUG/complaint9797.cfm
http://thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2006/MAR/complaint8614.cfm
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff189635.htm
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff229543.htm
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff184006.htm
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff103437.htm

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/pieces-of-crap-c14603.html
9 days ago by Junk Dealer
PARTS and SERVICE MANAGER wanted - SUNL Group - Dallas Texas. Must be highly proficient at lying, cheating, breaking promises, stalling, delaying (at least 30 days till the warranty expires), making multiple excuses, and losing paperwork. Will at times be called upon to even steal back victims
property and void the non-existent 30 day warranty. Qualified candidates will NOT possess excellent communication skills and must be proficient at NOT answering emails or returning phone calls. Our compensation plan offers base salary plus percentage of the profit based upon the amount of customers you screw and ripoff. Extra bonus based upon the amount and number of warranty claims you DENY.
Must provide a non-proven track record of performance with resume for
consideration. Powersports or Scooter background is NOT required.
Send Resume to: Karen@xxxxxxxx
SUNL Group
11410 Mathis Ave.
Farmers Branch, TX 75234

9 days ago by Junk Dealer
SUNL (or as we call em in the industry... TRASHL) is just a middleman importer. They buy the cheapest junk available in China, import it into the USA, and sell it for a great profit. They do not care about post sale support, or customer satisfaction. They only care about making a profit and emptying mass containers of this garbage. Parts will be hard to get, SUNL simply does not want to deal with providing parts. Forget about any kind of warranty, it's just a sales tactic to get you to buy. They can only get away with selling this junk online and thru EBAY. I recommend that people completely avoid ANYTHING sold by SUNL. It's low quality defective and dangerous GARBAGE!!!

9 days ago by Joe G.
Sunl sucks! Their company has no integrity whatsoever. Their sales manager is a liar who won't return phone calls, and he's also a fraud. They won't stand by their product. The machine itself is a piece of ***. The one I have was given to me after it quit on the lady who purchased it from the fly-by-night dealer who is now out of business. Now Sunl won't admit that they sold it to the dealer.