Best Portable Auto GPS Navigator

Gerald Kraft

Sep 4, 2003, 3:52:21 PM9/4/03
I am looking for a portable GPS navigator that has the US street maps and
that I can use in a trip to Italy where I will be doing considerable
driving. Of course I would like voice directions. Are there any decent,
moderately priced units that will fill the bill?

--
Gerald Kraft <gkr...@gskgroup.com>

Pc-Mobile

Sep 5, 2003, 11:40:37 AM9/5/03
iQue probably meets your requirement best. But it is terrible on battery life.
(lasts 2-3 hours on full charge)

By "portable" do you mean using it "on foot" rather than in car? Or do you mean
you can take from one car to another?

If used on foot you really do not need voice directions, if you do not need a
PDA either then a mapping atandalone GPS like Garmin eMap or Magellan Meridian
may be better. They are cheaper and can last many hours on one set of batteries
as well as you can carry extra set of batteries.

Of course you need to find out more on these to reach your final decision.

http://pc-mobile.net/gps.htm
Reply to: g...@pc-mobile.net