broom skirt / mud flaps

Lorie M. Liebrock

Jun 24, 2001, 4:48:27 PM6/24/01
We are considering putting a broom skirt on our motorhome.
We have a lot of stone chips in our jeep from our trip to Alaska
as well as the camera on the motorhome keeps getting dirty.
Will a broom skirt stop most of this? What are the drawbacks
of putting one on? Does anyone have before and after experience
with one?

Thanks for any recommendations and/or information.

Lorie Liebrock

Steve Wolf, W8IZ

Jun 24, 2001, 8:31:15 PM6/24/01
Mine works great. I've noticed nothing on the Jeep or Saturn.
Super simple to install. Mine was put on by the dealer and then
I replaced all of his (rusted) screws with stainless.

Bruce

Jun 24, 2001, 10:24:34 PM6/24/01
Hello Lorie

Check out a great product at a reasonable price which does everything that
your looking for. It's called Protect-a-Tow and you can buy it online at
www.protectatow.com for $113.95. It not only protects your towed vehicle
but it also protects the back of your rig, bikes on the bike rack, tow bar
and cables and yes the back up camera. You can have it shipped standard or
express delivery. It's made for regular and widebody motorhomes.

Check it out

Bruce

"Lorie M. Liebrock" <lieb...@Liebrock-Hicks.com> wrote in message

Wade

Jun 25, 2001, 10:35:26 AM6/25/01

"Lorie M. Liebrock" <lieb...@Liebrock-Hicks.com> wrote in message
The broom skirt has worked very well for us over the last 5 years, primary
decision on broom skirt resulted from observation on solid or mud flap type
bending upwards during highway travel rendering them near useless as
protection.
Wade

Gary L. Smith

Jun 25, 2001, 2:20:13 PM6/25/01