Anyone?

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:33:39 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Subject: Anyone? ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

Anyone?

Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?

Please explain WHY.

Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

If you just accept that everything progressives say is a lie
designed for the sole purpose of enhancing their power, your life
will be a lot more pleasant. You are going to be able to relax,
secure in the knowledge that you are not hearing things, that up
is not down, that you are not crazy, because you understand that
each individual syllable leftists utter is a self-contained cap-
sule of pure deception. And once you embrace that reality, you
will see clearly that as a conservative dedicated to truth, per-
sonal liberty, and our Constitution, your only course of action
is to destroy their putrid ideology and crush their hideous pinko
dreams before their beady eyes.

-Kurt Schlichter, townhall.com, 2017_04_06

---
* KSI@home KOI8 Net < > The impossible we do immediately. *
* Las Vegas NV, USA < > Miracles require 24-hour notice. *

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:33:44 PM1/13/18

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:45:47 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: George Herold <ghe...@teachspin.com> ]
[ Subject: Re: Anyone? ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
> Anyone?
>
> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>
> Please explain WHY.
A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So
our offices are decorated with his
paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.

I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.

As always, a liberal weenie snowflake,
George H.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:53:29 PM1/13/18

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:53:33 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: John Larkin <jjlarkin@highland_snip_technology.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:08:39 -0800 (PST), George Herold
<ghe...@teachspin.com> wrote:

>On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> Anyone?
>>
>> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>>
>> Please explain WHY.
>A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
>paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>
>I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
>system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
>
>As always, a liberal weenie snowflake,
>George H.

I bet you eat sushi and Korean BBQ and Italian food!

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:53:36 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: George Herold <ghe...@teachspin.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 3:17:56 PM UTC-5, John Larkin wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:08:39 -0800 (PST), George Herold
> <ghe...@teachspin.com> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
> >> Anyone?
> >>
> >> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
> >>
> >> Please explain WHY.
> >A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
> >paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
> >
> >I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
> >system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
> >
> >As always, a liberal weenie snowflake,
> >George H.
>
> I bet you eat sushi and Korean BBQ and Italian food!
Grin, only when I can get it.
I eat more bacon than sushi, like all good Americans. :^)

George H.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:53:40 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

<ghe...@teachspin.com> wrote:

>On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> Anyone?
>>
>> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>>
>> Please explain WHY.
>A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
>paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>
>I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
>system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
>
>As always, a liberal weenie snowflake,
>George H.
>>
>> Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson

One successful example out of hundreds-of-thousands does not make a
statistic.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:53:43 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bill....@ieee.org ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 7:19:49 AM UTC+11, Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:08:39 -0800 (PST), George Herold
> <ghe...@teachspin.com> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
> >> Anyone?
> >>
> >> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
> >>
> >> Please explain WHY.
> >A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
> >paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
> >
> >I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
> >system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
> >
> >As always, a liberal weenie snowflake,
> >George H.
> >>
> >> Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
> >>
> >> ...Jim Thompson
>
> One successful example out of hundreds-of-thousands does not make a
> statistic.

Which might be a valid objection, if Jim had any statistics.

The defect in his argument is that the US is a shithole country on a quite a few measures, and the evidence for that claim was assembled from statistical data, by a pair of medical epidemiologists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit_Level:_Why_More_Equal_Societies_Almost_Always_Do_Better

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson won't take this seriously because he hasn't got a clue about statistics - why else would he appeal to statistics without quoting any - but it does nail him nicely.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:53:46 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Lasse Langwadt Christensen <lang...@fonz.dk> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

Den fredag den 12. januar 2018 kl. 21.08.47 UTC+1 skrev George Herold:
> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
> > Anyone?
> >
> > Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
> >
> > Please explain WHY.
> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>
> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.

one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
are left with those who cannot make it any better

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:53:49 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:32:24 -0800 (PST), Lasse Langwadt Christensen
<lang...@fonz.dk> wrote:

>Den fredag den 12. januar 2018 kl. 21.08.47 UTC+1 skrev George Herold:
>> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> > Anyone?
>> >
>> > Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>> >
>> > Please explain WHY.
>> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
>> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>>
>> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
>> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
>
>one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
>if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
>are left with those who cannot make it any better

The converse is working out so very well in Europe, isn't it ?>:-}

We need admission by MERIT only.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:53:53 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Tom Gardner <spam...@blueyonder.co.uk> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 12/01/18 20:35, Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:32:24 -0800 (PST), Lasse Langwadt Christensen
> <lang...@fonz.dk> wrote:

>>> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
>>> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>>>
>>> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
>>> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
>>
>> one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
>> if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
>> are left with those who cannot make it any better
>>

> The converse is working out so very well in Europe, isn't it ?>:-}
>
> We need admission by MERIT only.

Anybody that can get to the US is likely to be a notch above
the average in some way or other.

Of course there's always the catty comment that someone
that emigrates from X to Y improves the IQ of both X and Y.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:53:58 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 01/12/2018 03:54 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
> On 12/01/18 20:35, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:32:24 -0800 (PST), Lasse Langwadt Christensen
>> <lang...@fonz.dk> wrote:

>>> one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
>>> if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole
>>> countries"
>>> are left with those who cannot make it any better
>>>

>> The converse is working out so very well in Europe, isn't it ?>:-}
>>
>> We need admission by MERIT only.
>
> Anybody that can get to the US is likely to be a notch above
> the average in some way or other.
>
> Of course there's always the catty comment that someone
> that emigrates from X to Y improves the IQ of both X and Y.

That's Johnson's comment that in moving from Scotland to England,
Boswell increased the average intelligence of both nations. ;)

Which isn't catty coming from an Englishman, but is a very gentle dig at
Boswell.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:02 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bitrex <bit...@de.lete.earthlink.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 01/12/2018 03:54 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
> On 12/01/18 20:35, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:32:24 -0800 (PST), Lasse Langwadt Christensen
>> <lang...@fonz.dk> wrote:

>>> one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
>>> if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole
>>> countries"
>>> are left with those who cannot make it any better
>>>

>> The converse is working out so very well in Europe, isn't it ?>:-}
>>
>> We need admission by MERIT only.
>
> Anybody that can get to the US is likely to be a notch above
> the average in some way or other.
>
> Of course there's always the catty comment that someone
> that emigrates from X to Y improves the IQ of both X and Y.

Immigrant: "I'm a shithole and I want to immigrate!"

America: "Sorry, we're full up"

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:06 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
My Jove, I think she's got it!

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:10 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bitrex <bit...@de.lete.earthlink.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
The filling process started circa 1620

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:13 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 22:16:02 -0500, bitrex
I can go with that. It's now complete.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:17 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bill....@ieee.org ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
Krw thinks that America is now perfect, exactly the way it is.

People who can manage joined up thinking have their doubts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit_Level:_Why_More_Equal_Societies_Almost_Always_Do_Better

Krw won't read it. He rails about other people being illiterate, even when they are posting to a text-only use-group, but shows no sign of ever having read a book for himself.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:20 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 20:54:51 +0000, Tom Gardner
<spam...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>On 12/01/18 20:35, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:32:24 -0800 (PST), Lasse Langwadt Christensen
>> <lang...@fonz.dk> wrote:

>>> one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
>>> if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
>>> are left with those who cannot make it any better
>>>

>> The converse is working out so very well in Europe, isn't it ?>:-}
>>
>> We need admission by MERIT only.
>
>Anybody that can get to the US is likely to be a notch above
>the average in some way or other.

Nonsense.

>Of course there's always the catty comment that someone
>that emigrates from X to Y improves the IQ of both X and Y.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:23 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bitrex <bit...@de.lete.earthlink.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 01/12/2018 07:39 PM, k...@notreal.com wrote:

>>> The converse is working out so very well in Europe, isn't it ?>:-}
>>>
>>> We need admission by MERIT only.
>>
>> Anybody that can get to the US is likely to be a notch above
>> the average in some way or other.
>
> Nonsense.

America is a great place to hustle and own a bunch of guns. So it
attracts people who want to hustle and own a bunch of guns. QED

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:26 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 22:24:38 -0500, bitrex
<bit...@de.lete.earthlink.net> wrote:

>>> Anybody that can get to the US is likely to be a notch above
>>> the average in some way or other.
>>
>> Nonsense.
>
>America is a great place to hustle and own a bunch of guns. So it
>attracts people who want to hustle and own a bunch of guns. QED

Well you said one thing today that made sense. Miracles do happen but
it's not in the above.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:30 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 13:35:56 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:32:24 -0800 (PST), Lasse Langwadt Christensen
><lang...@fonz.dk> wrote:

>>> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
>>> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>>>
>>> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
>>> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
>>
>>one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
>>if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
>>are left with those who cannot make it any better
>>

>The converse is working out so very well in Europe, isn't it ?>:-}
>
>We need admission by MERIT only.

Or ZERO admissions until all the immigrants we have, have been
assimilated. It's been done before (took 20 years).

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:33 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: "Tom Del Rosso" <fizzbin...@that-google-mail-domain.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 13:35:56 -0700, Jim Thompson
> <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>>
>> We need admission by MERIT only.
>
> Or ZERO admissions until all the immigrants we have, have been
> assimilated. It's been done before (took 20 years).

But now it will never happen the same way. To quote myself:

When 6 year old immigrant kids are asked what they are, they say
American. When they graduate high school they say Columbian or Haitian
or whatever.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:36 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 20:26:14 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
<fizzbin...@that-google-mail-domain.com> wrote:

>k...@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 13:35:56 -0700, Jim Thompson
>> <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> We need admission by MERIT only.
>>
>> Or ZERO admissions until all the immigrants we have, have been
>> assimilated. It's been done before (took 20 years).
>
>But now it will never happen the same way. To quote myself:
>
>When 6 year old immigrant kids are asked what they are, they say
>American. When they graduate high school they say Columbian or Haitian
>or whatever.

To quote myself:

...until all the immigrants we have, have been assimilated.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:40 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: "Tom Del Rosso" <fizzbin...@that-google-mail-domain.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 20:26:14 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
> <fizzbin...@that-google-mail-domain.com> wrote:
>
>> k...@notreal.com wrote:

>>> Or ZERO admissions until all the immigrants we have, have been
>>> assimilated. It's been done before (took 20 years).
>>
>> But now it will never happen the same way. To quote myself:
>>
>> When 6 year old immigrant kids are asked what they are, they say
>> American. When they graduate high school they say Columbian or
>> Haitian or whatever.
>
> To quote myself:
>
> ...until all the immigrants we have, have been assimilated.

My point is that some people won't let them assimilate in 20 years or
ever.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:43 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 22:19:15 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
<fizzbin...@that-google-mail-domain.com> wrote:

>k...@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 20:26:14 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
>> <fizzbin...@that-google-mail-domain.com> wrote:

>>> But now it will never happen the same way. To quote myself:
>>>
>>> When 6 year old immigrant kids are asked what they are, they say
>>> American. When they graduate high school they say Columbian or
>>> Haitian or whatever.
>>
>> To quote myself:
>>
>> ...until all the immigrants we have, have been assimilated.
>
>My point is that some people won't let them assimilate in 20 years or
>ever.

That works, too.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:46 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bitrex <bit...@de.lete.earthlink.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 01/12/2018 10:07 PM, k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 20:26:14 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
> <fizzbin...@that-google-mail-domain.com> wrote:
>
>> k...@notreal.com wrote:

>>> Or ZERO admissions until all the immigrants we have, have been
>>> assimilated. It's been done before (took 20 years).
>>
>> But now it will never happen the same way. To quote myself:
>>
>> When 6 year old immigrant kids are asked what they are, they say
>> American. When they graduate high school they say Columbian or Haitian
>> or whatever.
>
> To quote myself:
>
> ...until all the immigrants we have, have been assimilated.

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8>

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:50 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 06:06:09 -0500, bitrex
<bit...@de.lete.earthlink.net> wrote:

>On 01/12/2018 10:07 PM, k...@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 20:26:14 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
>> <fizzbin...@that-google-mail-domain.com> wrote:

>>> But now it will never happen the same way. To quote myself:
>>>
>>> When 6 year old immigrant kids are asked what they are, they say
>>> American. When they graduate high school they say Columbian or Haitian
>>> or whatever.
>>
>> To quote myself:
>>
>> ...until all the immigrants we have, have been assimilated.
>>

><https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8>

More evidence that you're not only stupid but also insane. But don't
feel too bad, most lefties are.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:53 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bill....@ieee.org ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 7:36:09 AM UTC+11, Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:32:24 -0800 (PST), Lasse Langwadt Christensen
> <lang...@fonz.dk> wrote:

> >> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
> >> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
> >>
> >> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
> >> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
> >
> >one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
> >if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
> >are left with those who cannot make it any better
> >

> The converse is working out so very well in Europe, isn't it ?>:-}
>
> We need admission by MERIT only.

If you had any way of measuring it. The US has Trump as a president, so their way of measuring merit isn't up to much.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:56 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 01/12/2018 03:32 PM, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:
> Den fredag den 12. januar 2018 kl. 21.08.47 UTC+1 skrev George Herold:
>> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
>>> Anyone?
>>>
>>> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>>>
>>> Please explain WHY.
>> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
>> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>>
>> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
>> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
>
> one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
> if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
> are left with those who cannot make it any better

That's why students who come here on J visas are allowed to work to
support themselves but have to go home for at least 2 years after they
graduate. (Not all countries are on that list, but pretty well all the
genuine poopchutes are, iirc.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:54:59 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Lasse Langwadt Christensen <lang...@fonz.dk> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

Den fredag den 12. januar 2018 kl. 21.46.09 UTC+1 skrev Phil Hobbs:
> On 01/12/2018 03:32 PM, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:

> >> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
> >> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
> >>
> >> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
> >> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
> >
> > one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
> > if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
> > are left with those who cannot make it any better
> >

> That's why students who come here on J visas are allowed to work to
> support themselves but have to go home for at least 2 years after they
> graduate. (Not all countries are on that list, but pretty well all the
> genuine poopchutes are, iirc.)

studying and then returning home is quite different from immigrating

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:02 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 01/12/2018 04:00 PM, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:
> Den fredag den 12. januar 2018 kl. 21.46.09 UTC+1 skrev Phil Hobbs:

>>> one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
>>> if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
>>> are left with those who cannot make it any better
>>>

>> That's why students who come here on J visas are allowed to work to
>> support themselves but have to go home for at least 2 years after they
>> graduate. (Not all countries are on that list, but pretty well all the
>> genuine poopchutes are, iirc.)
>>

> studying and then returning home is quite different from immigrating

Correct--which is the point of the exercise, to keep them separate when
the home country needs the skills.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:05 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: George Herold <ghe...@teachspin.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 4:49:09 PM UTC-5, Phil Hobbs wrote:
> On 01/12/2018 04:00 PM, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:

> >> That's why students who come here on J visas are allowed to work to
> >> support themselves but have to go home for at least 2 years after they
> >> graduate. (Not all countries are on that list, but pretty well all the
> >> genuine poopchutes are, iirc.)
> >>

> > studying and then returning home is quite different from immigrating
> >

> Correct--which is the point of the exercise, to keep them separate when
> the home country needs the skills.
Oh I'm glad you added that. It's what I thought you meant but wasn't sure.
(In practice I'm guessing it works out less well... won't good grad
students who want to stay find a company that wants to keep them?)

George H.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:09 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
Can't. You can go from an F visa to an H visa, but not from a J to an
H, if you're from a country on The List. (At least that was the case
thirty years ago when I was doing it.)

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:12 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: mike <ham...@netzero.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 1/12/2018 12:32 PM, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:
> Den fredag den 12. januar 2018 kl. 21.08.47 UTC+1 skrev George Herold:
>> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
>>> Anyone?
>>>
>>> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>>>
>>> Please explain WHY.
>> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
>> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>>
>> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
>> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
>
> one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
> if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
> are left with those who cannot make it any better

We should allow immigration to anyone who has a job, a place to live,
no criminal arrests, no associations with criminals
and has achieved US citizenship.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:15 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 18:12:29 -0800, mike <ham...@netzero.net> wrote:

>On 1/12/2018 12:32 PM, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:

>>> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
>>> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>>>
>>> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
>>> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
>>
>> one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
>> if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
>> are left with those who cannot make it any better
>>

>We should allow immigration to anyone who has a job, a place to live,
>no criminal arrests, no associations with criminals
>and has achieved US citizenship.

I have no problem with US citizens immigrating to the US. (huh?)
OTOH, I guess you'd deport anyone without a job and all the homeless,
citizen or not? OK, I guess that works.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:18 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jasen Betts <ja...@xnet.co.nz> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 2018-01-13, mike <ham...@netzero.net> wrote:
> We should allow immigration to anyone who has a job, a place to live,
> no criminal arrests, no associations with criminals
> and has achieved US citizenship.

Arrests? do you mean convictions? Do you actually understand what
you wrote? or is that just right-wing feel-good fuzzy thinking.

So any american who goes overseas and commits a crime will not be
allowed back in? or do means something else?

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:21 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: whit3rd <whi...@gmail.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 6:12:44 PM UTC-8, mike wrote:

> We should allow immigration to anyone who has a job, a place to live,
> no criminal arrests, no associations with criminals
> and has achieved US citizenship.

The 'achieved US citizenship' proviso is a common declaration of human rights
line item. Whittling away at that would make our nation a human rights violator.

As for the rest, you'd never get immigrants like Steinmetz (AC made practical), Tesla,
Fermi (nuclear fission made practical), Faggin (first microprocessors)...

You lose, bigtime.
Walls are unproductive, if you cared about things like that...

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:24 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Neon John <n...@never.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 19:54:16 -0800 (PST), whit3rd <whi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 6:12:44 PM UTC-8, mike wrote:
>
>> We should allow immigration to anyone who has a job, a place to live,
>> no criminal arrests, no associations with criminals
>> and has achieved US citizenship.
>
>The 'achieved US citizenship' proviso is a common declaration of human rights
>line item. Whittling away at that would make our nation a human rights violator.

Who cares what anyone else thinks of us?

>As for the rest, you'd never get immigrants like Steinmetz

Who cares?

> (AC made practical), Tesla,

He became a citizen in early adulthood. Besides he did little
remarkable. He was simply the first one to the finish line with AC
power. (suggest visiting the Westinghouse Museum in Pittsburg to learn
more.)

>Fermi (nuclear fission made practical),

He and his wife earned citizenship in early 1944. Previous to that he
was part of the Nazi brain-drain, something that I fully support. He
was extremely heavily vetted before being given clearance.

> Faggin (first microprocessors)...

Earned his citizenship in the early 50s as a young man.

You simply have no clue about which you speak.

>Walls are unproductive, if you cared about things like that...

Actually, as they say, good fences make good neighbors.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:27 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:04:20 -0500, Neon John <n...@never.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 19:54:16 -0800 (PST), whit3rd <whi...@gmail.com>
>wrote:

[snip]

>>Walls are unproductive, if you cared about things like that...
>
>Actually, as they say, good fences make good neighbors.
>
>John
>John DeArmond
>http://www.neon-john.com
>http://www.tnduction.com
>Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
>See website for email address

Which brings up an interesting observation... the East coast, aka the
"weenie" states, are noted for very few fences, whereas out here in
the West we have a strong sense of "property"... everyone has a fence,
or, as in my case, a WALL >:-}

And more guns than people ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:31 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Cursitor Doom <cu...@notformail.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:04:20 -0500, Neon John wrote:

> Actually, as they say, good fences make good neighbors.

Fences are good, high walls are better.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:34 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Tom Gardner <spam...@blueyonder.co.uk> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 13/01/18 02:12, mike wrote:
> On 1/12/2018 12:32 PM, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:

>>> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is
>>> an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
>>> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>>>
>>> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
>>> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
>>
>> one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
>> if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
>> are left with those who cannot make it any better
>>

> We should allow immigration to anyone who has a job, a place to live,
> no criminal arrests, no associations with criminals
> and has achieved US citizenship.

I wonder if Melania Trump would be allowed in now?

Back in the 80s Prolog (remember that?) was used to
encode the draft British Nationalities Act. Some
claim that it was able to show that the Duke of
Edinburgh (Liz's hubbie) would not have been British.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:37 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 09:38:10 +0000, Tom Gardner
<spam...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>On 13/01/18 02:12, mike wrote:

>>> one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
>>> if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole countries"
>>> are left with those who cannot make it any better
>>>

>> We should allow immigration to anyone who has a job, a place to live,
>> no criminal arrests, no associations with criminals
>> and has achieved US citizenship.
>
>I wonder if Melania Trump would be allowed in now?

Marriage visas are still available but sometimes difficult, so the
answer is obvious.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:40 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Cursitor Doom <cu...@notformail.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 18:12:29 -0800, mike wrote:

> We should allow immigration to anyone who has a job, a place to live,
> no criminal arrests, no associations with criminals and has achieved US
> citizenship.

How about, "never been *suspected* of any criminal activity and young and
fit enough to not be a burden on the state for at least another 40
years."?

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:43 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 10:12:49 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
<cu...@notformail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 18:12:29 -0800, mike wrote:
>
>> We should allow immigration to anyone who has a job, a place to live,
>> no criminal arrests, no associations with criminals and has achieved US
>> citizenship.
>
>How about, "never been *suspected* of any criminal activity and young and
>fit enough to not be a burden on the state for at least another 40
>years."?

Yet will compete for a job with someone already in the US.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:47 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Neon John <n...@never.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 18:12:29 -0800, mike <ham...@netzero.net> wrote:

>We should allow immigration to anyone who has a job, a place to live,
>no criminal arrests, no associations with criminals
>and has achieved US citizenship.

I fully agree but with one modification. "has a job paying prevailing
wages". Add to that "jail any employer who hires an illegal alien".

I spent a miserable 2 years working for Dunn & Bradstreet (my only
"job") managing a software development group. My VP forced me to hire
H1B people. They were to be paid approximately half what citizen
programmers were.

HR sent over the first batch of resume's. I wasted 2 weeks
interviewing them (as best as I could, given their lack of English
skills). I rejected the whole lot.

I got called into an executive VP's office and was told that I'd
either hire aliens or be fired.

Soooo, I got another batch from HR. I wasted more time interviewing
them. I picked 4 based solely on their skill level with English. All
were dotheads.

This was the worst employee experience I've ever had. They could
program but they had no creativity, little to no knowledge of
algorithms and had no concept of meeting a schedule.

This was a huge drag on my department. I had to treat them like
subroutines. sufficiently parameterize a task and keep the scope
narrow enough and they could sorta do it. I had to assign a citizen
programmer to do a code review at the end of each day. Most was
rejected.

I had previously set up a 5 man (4 senior programmers and myself)
committee to conduct semi-annual performance reviews. That eliminated
any personal bias against anyone.

The committee recommended termination for all 4. I generally didn't
speak up in these meetings so as to let the senior people do their
thing.

HR refused. I quit. And I got to enjoy the pleasure of seeing that
division fold a couple years later.

If I were President Trump, I'd shut down ALL immigration until he gets
the immigration reform he wants. There is precedent for that. That
bill would require citizenship in order to immigrate. That is, people
wanting to exercise the supreme privilege of entering this country
should have to do all the necessary steps to become a citizen BEFORE
entering this country. I'd apply that to ALL prospective immigrants
and not just those from shitholes. No visas other than short tourist
visas.

There is NO shortage of qualified citizen STEM workers. There IS a
shortage of citizens who will work for peanuts. And I can maybe
understand a legitimate shortage of skilled people willing to live in
California, America's own domestic shithole.

And no, I don't GAS about what you think of my characterizations of
entities from shithole regions.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:50 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Cursitor Doom <cu...@notformail.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 14:49:06 -0500, Neon John wrote:

> HR sent over the first batch of resume's. I wasted 2 weeks interviewing
> them (as best as I could, given their lack of English skills). I
> rejected the whole lot.

Oh boy. The grammar Nazis are going to have fun with you. :(

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:53 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Cursitor Doom <cu...@notformail.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:32:24 -0800, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote:

> one way to look at that is that it would be unfair to those countries.
> if all those with merits, brain and drive move away the "shithole
> countries"
> are left with those who cannot make it any better

Which is precisely what happened when the UK NHS brought over a load of
African cleaners in an attempt to eliminate hospital-acquired infections.
Funny thing was, though, that infection rates in both UK and African
hospitals reached epidemic levels following that move! :(

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:56 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

Another liberal weenie here.

I employ many folks who are from other countries. Currently I have an El
Salvadorian (my right hand man!), two brothers from the Philippines, a
Ukrainian, along with some kids from China, India, and others from all
over the world and parts of Canada. All are good people who do a great
days' work and we have a lot of fun together.

I found your presidents remarks to be extremely repugnant. He is just
another school yard bully.

John

On 2018/01/12 12:08 PM, George Herold wrote:
> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> Anyone?
>>
>> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>>
>> Please explain WHY.
> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>
> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
>
> As always, a liberal weenie snowflake,
> George H.
>>
>> Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson
>> --
>> | James E.Thompson | mens |
>> | Analog Innovations | et |
>> | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus |
>> | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
>> | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |
>> | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |
>>
>> If you just accept that everything progressives say is a lie
>> designed for the sole purpose of enhancing their power, your life
>> will be a lot more pleasant. You are going to be able to relax,
>> secure in the knowledge that you are not hearing things, that up
>> is not down, that you are not crazy, because you understand that
>> each individual syllable leftists utter is a self-contained cap-
>> sule of pure deception. And once you embrace that reality, you
>> will see clearly that as a conservative dedicated to truth, per-
>> sonal liberty, and our Constitution, your only course of action
>> is to destroy their putrid ideology and crush their hideous pinko
>> dreams before their beady eyes.
>>
>> -Kurt Schlichter, townhall.com, 2017_04_06

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:55:59 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 15:22:35 -0800, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
wrote:

>Another liberal weenie here.
>
>I employ many folks who are from other countries. Currently I have an El
>Salvadorian (my right hand man!), two brothers from the Philippines, a
>Ukrainian, along with some kids from China, India, and others from all
>over the world and parts of Canada. All are good people who do a great
>days' work and we have a lot of fun together.
>
>I found your presidents remarks to be extremely repugnant. He is just
>another school yard bully.
>
>John

[snip]

What you do in Canada is certainly your choice. However that doesn't
mean you have a right to impose that choice on the USA.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:56:02 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: George Herold <ghe...@teachspin.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 6:22:45 PM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:
> Another liberal weenie here.
>
> I employ many folks who are from other countries. Currently I have an El
> Salvadorian (my right hand man!), two brothers from the Philippines, a
> Ukrainian, along with some kids from China, India, and others from all
> over the world and parts of Canada. All are good people who do a great
> days' work and we have a lot of fun together.
>
> I found your presidents remarks to be extremely repugnant. He is just
> another school yard bully.
>
> John
>

> On 2018/01/12 12:08 PM, George Herold wrote:
> > On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
> >> Anyone?
> >>
> >> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
> >>
> >> Please explain WHY.
> > A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
> > paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
> >
> > I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
> > system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
> >
> > As always, a liberal weenie snowflake,
> > George H.
> >>
> >> Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
> >>
> >> ...Jim Thompson
> >> --
> >> | James E.Thompson | mens |
> >> | Analog Innovations | et |
> >> | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus |
> >> | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
> >> | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |
> >> | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |
> >>
> >> If you just accept that everything progressives say is a lie
> >> designed for the sole purpose of enhancing their power, your life
> >> will be a lot more pleasant. You are going to be able to relax,
> >> secure in the knowledge that you are not hearing things, that up
> >> is not down, that you are not crazy, because you understand that
> >> each individual syllable leftists utter is a self-contained cap-
> >> sule of pure deception. And once you embrace that reality, you
> >> will see clearly that as a conservative dedicated to truth, per-
> >> sonal liberty, and our Constitution, your only course of action
> >> is to destroy their putrid ideology and crush their hideous pinko
> >> dreams before their beady eyes.
> >>
> >> -Kurt Schlichter, townhall.com, 2017_04_06
> >

> --
> (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
> John's Jukes Ltd.
> MOVED to #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
> (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
> www.flippers.com
> "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

In the US, I think it's mostly a political thing, R's are
worried that immigrants will be D's and so want less,
D's visa versa.
Personally I think we need to let more people (workers)
in, grow the economy with numbers.. most important
is the next step, balance the budget, and then each new
worker takes on part of the national debt.

(I figure, once my kids start working, my share goes down. :^)

George H.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:56:06 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
It's a little more than that. The Rs want cheap labor and don't
understand that they'll never retain any power if the doors are thrown
open.

>Personally I think we need to let more people (workers)
>in, grow the economy with numbers.. most important
>is the next step, balance the budget, and then each new
>worker takes on part of the national debt.

Why? If we need laborers, they can be brought in on (temporary)
visas.

>(I figure, once my kids start working, my share goes down. :^)

If you keep voting for snowflake lefties, it'll go up a lot faster
than you can grow kids.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:56:09 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: George Herold <ghe...@teachspin.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
Right LWS (liberal weenie snowflake) I would rather have people
living here. Buying houses, paying taxes, kids part of the local
soccer team.

> >(I figure, once my kids start working, my share goes down. :^)
>
> If you keep voting for snowflake lefties, it'll go up a lot faster
> than you can grow kids.
Well with my kids, kids I can get a geometric growth going...
though with only two I'm not off to a good start. :^)

I think I'm paying ~$1k less, from the doubling of the standard deduction,
(though I'm not sure.) Big tax cuts and no budget, what's the prediction
for the debt increase this year?

George H.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:56:14 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: John Larkin <jjla...@highlandtechnology.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
As long as people want to eat, there will always be citizens to grow
and harvest and cook the crops. Japan and Denmark never starved for
lack of illegal immigrant farm labor. They just paid enough to get the
labor that they needed.

The jobs that "Americans don't want", farm work and construction and
such, aren't wanted because cheap immigrant labor has driven the pay
scale down. Caesar Chavez hated "wetback" illegal workers precisely
for that reason.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:56:23 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: John Larkin <jjla...@highlandtechnology.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
>Personally I think we need to let more people (workers)
>in, grow the economy with numbers.. most important
>is the next step, balance the budget, and then each new
>worker takes on part of the national debt.

More people will make more productivity and more consumption, which
cancels first-order but causes crowding in urban areas. If the
immigrants are less productive than the average population, or are
willing to work for less, they reduce overall well-being.

Growing the economy with numbers, just increasing GDP, is not
inherently a good thing to do.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:56:57 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bitrex <bit...@de.lete.earthlink.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 01/12/2018 06:22 PM, John Robertson wrote:
> Another liberal weenie here.
>
> I employ many folks who are from other countries. Currently I have an El
> Salvadorian (my right hand man!), two brothers from the Philippines, a
> Ukrainian, along with some kids from China, India, and others from all
> over the world and parts of Canada. All are good people who do a great
> days' work and we have a lot of fun together.
>
> I found your presidents remarks to be extremely repugnant. He is just
> another school yard bully.
>
> John

It's kind of a contradictory way to be to brag that America is the
greatest nation in the world and then get pissed that a lot of people
want to immigrate. Kind of like advertising that your restaurant has the
best hamburgers in the world and getting annoyed that the advertising
works and people start come wanting a taste.

The problem the US has seems to be one of "market segment." If it's
mainly the violent and desperate that are turning up at your "club" then
one might suggest to stop making it so appealing to that demographic.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:57:33 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: John Larkin <jjla...@highlandtechnology.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

wrote:

>Another liberal weenie here.
>
>I employ many folks who are from other countries. Currently I have an El
>Salvadorian (my right hand man!), two brothers from the Philippines, a
>Ukrainian, along with some kids from China, India, and others from all
>over the world and parts of Canada. All are good people who do a great
>days' work and we have a lot of fun together.
>
>I found your presidents remarks to be extremely repugnant. He is just
>another school yard bully.
>
>John

He is coarse and crude, but he has a point. There are countries where
the majority of the population, especially women, are illiterate.
Where FGM is normal and gang rape is a team sport. Where tribes and
religions have been at war for a thousand years.

A billion people would emigrate to Europe or to the USA if they could.
We don't want all of them.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:58:54 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 09:43:54 -0800, John Larkin
<jjla...@highlandtechnology.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 15:22:35 -0800, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Another liberal weenie here.
>>
>>I employ many folks who are from other countries. Currently I have an El
>>Salvadorian (my right hand man!), two brothers from the Philippines, a
>>Ukrainian, along with some kids from China, India, and others from all
>>over the world and parts of Canada. All are good people who do a great
>>days' work and we have a lot of fun together.
>>
>>I found your presidents remarks to be extremely repugnant. He is just
>>another school yard bully.
>>
>>John
>>

>He is coarse and crude, but he has a point.

He still claims that he didn't say it and others, who were there, have
said that they didn't hear him say it, either. What he should say is
"I didn't say 'shithole' but I should have." Wind up the lefties some
more. Watch their heads spin for weeks!

>There are countries where
>the majority of the population, especially women, are illiterate.
>Where FGM is normal and gang rape is a team sport. Where tribes and
>religions have been at war for a thousand years.
>
>A billion people would emigrate to Europe or to the USA if they could.
>We don't want all of them.
^^^ any

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 6:59:39 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: John Larkin <jjla...@highlandtechnology.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
We could admit some people, from everywhere, if we screened them, and
then monitored them and kick out the bad ones. An illegal with a
half-dozen felony arrests should't be walking the streets of the USA.
Heck, a citizen with a half dozen felonies shouldn't be free, but we
can't deport him.

We do need to control the border. Most countries do.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:00:44 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Cursitor Doom <cu...@notformail.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 10:51:58 -0800, John Larkin wrote:

> Heck, a citizen with a half dozen felonies shouldn't be free, but we
> can't deport him.

Oh, you have the same bullshit to put up with in the US as we do in
Europe, then! Globalists undermining good governance from a supranational
level on both sides of the pond. What a surprise. Those cunts will be
meeting in Davos to plot against us again very soon now. The annual
gathering of the scum of the earth.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:03:26 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
Let's just suppose that Trump DID say it _exactly_ as quoted... want
to make something of it? ("Progressives" are such piece-a-shit
hypocrites >:-}

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:05:40 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: dagmarg...@yahoo.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 3:08:47 PM UTC-5, George Herold wrote:
> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
> > Anyone?
> >
> > Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
> >
> > Please explain WHY.
> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>
> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.

Sure. If they're self-sufficient, can contribute, and want to become one of
us, great.

From traveling the world, countries are what they are because of the theories
and candidates they've voted for, because of their philosophy of government;
the way they've organized their society.

If they're coming here to cash in on our success but still live according
to--and bring--the customs and political ideas along that made their countries
fail, no thanks.

If all of Mexico moved here and we moved there, the U.S. would soon be the
new Mexico, and illegal immigrants would be crossing the Rio Grande going
south instead of north.

> As always, a liberal weenie snowflake,
> George H.

Correction: weenie maybe, but not a snowflake. Snowflakes don't split wood.

Grins,
James Arthur

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:09:38 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bill....@ieee.org ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 2:27:24 PM UTC+11, dagmarg...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 3:08:47 PM UTC-5, George Herold wrote:
> > On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
> > > Anyone?
> > >
> > > Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
> > >
> > > Please explain WHY.
> > A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
> > paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
> >
> > I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
> > system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
>
> Sure. If they're self-sufficient, can contribute, and want to become one of
> us, great.
>
> From traveling the world, countries are what they are because of the theories
> and candidates they've voted for, because of their philosophy of government;
> the way they've organized their society.
>
> If they're coming here to cash in on our success but still live according
> to--and bring--the customs and political ideas along that made their countries
> fail, no thanks.

James Arthur hasn't noticed that his country is failing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit_Level:_Why_More_Equal_Societies_Almost_Always_Do_Better

and when it's brought to his attention he goes into denial.

> If all of Mexico moved here and we moved there, the U.S. would soon be the
> new Mexico, and illegal immigrants would be crossing the Rio Grande going
> south instead of north.

The population of Mexico is 130 million, and the population of the US is 326 million. If they were swapped overnight, the Mexicans in the US would be run off their feet trying to keep the infra-structure working, and Americans in Mexico would be starving to death because the Mexican infra-structure couldn't get food to them fast enough.

James Arthur neglects this significant point in favour of some imagined virtue ingrained into the American soul (his own included) which would transcend pure material limitation and conjure food out of the constitution.

In other words, he's off his head.

<snip>

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:11:01 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: John Larkin <jjla...@highlandtechnology.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 19:27:20 -0800 (PST), dagmarg...@yahoo.com
wrote:

>On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 3:08:47 PM UTC-5, George Herold wrote:
>> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> > Anyone?
>> >
>> > Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>> >
>> > Please explain WHY.
>> A co-worker is from Haiti. He married a US lass. He does nice work, and is an artist to boot. So our offices are decorated with his
>> paintings too. I bought one to give to my daughter as a present.
>>
>> I don't see anything wrong with going to a more merit based immigration
>> system... but I find that people of merit can come from any country.
>
>Sure. If they're self-sufficient, can contribute, and want to become one of
>us, great.
>
>From traveling the world, countries are what they are because of the theories
>and candidates they've voted for, because of their philosophy of government;
>the way they've organized their society.
>
>If they're coming here to cash in on our success but still live according
>to--and bring--the customs and political ideas along that made their countries
>fail, no thanks.
>
>If all of Mexico moved here and we moved there, the U.S. would soon be the
>new Mexico, and illegal immigrants would be crossing the Rio Grande going
>south instead of north.

An increasing fraction of hispanic US citizens want The Wall.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:11:46 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
My Hispanic in-laws certainly feel that way. (All of which were LEGAL
immigrants... one family so gung-ho to become American that their
children can't speak "Spanish".)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18:18 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Neon John <n...@never.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 09:48:18 -0800, John Larkin
<jjla...@highlandtechnology.com> wrote:

>>If all of Mexico moved here and we moved there, the U.S. would soon be the
>>new Mexico, and illegal immigrants would be crossing the Rio Grande going
>>south instead of north.

So true.

>An increasing fraction of hispanic US citizens want The Wall.

I don't want the wall because a) it is far too expensive and b) like
the Maganot Wall, is a fixed barrier which can be breached, gone
around, over and under.

What I want is an intelligent meshed network of smart land mines along
with periodic deep buried explosives designed to collapse tunnels.
This would cost a fraction of the cost of the wall and would be vastly
more effective. Also perhaps some intelligent machine guns along the
US edge of the mine field. This is for those who may somehow figure
out how to defeat the mines.

I have a friend who has built a robot rifle using nothing more than RC
parts and a smart phone. It uses image recognition to track the
designated target. Press a button on the RC controller and the rifle
fires. He's working now to adapt it to a large drone. An outstanding
use of technology.

We've been working together for a few weeks writing an SBIR proposal
that incorporates these ideas. When it's finished it will be
delivered to Homeland Security with copies to the White House and our
elected officials. I'm crossing my fingers that President Trump isn't
to proud to admit that this is a better idea than the wall.

John
John DeArmond
http://www.neon-john.com
http://www.tnduction.com
Tellico Plains, Occupied TN
See website for email address

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18:22 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Clive Arthur <cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
> Anyone?
>
> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>
> Please explain WHY.

There are plenty of perfectly nice American immigrants living here, and
I don't think this should be stopped.

Cheers
--
Clive

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18:25 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:01:55 +0000, Clive Arthur
<cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:

>On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> Anyone?
>>
>> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>>
>> Please explain WHY.
>

>There are plenty of perfectly nice American immigrants living here, and
>I don't think this should be stopped.

It's perfectly within your rights to exclude them. Now, bugger off
WRT our immigration policy.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18:29 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 2018/01/13 8:06 AM, k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:01:55 +0000, Clive Arthur
> <cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
>>> Anyone?
>>>
>>> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>>>
>>> Please explain WHY.
>>

>> There are plenty of perfectly nice American immigrants living here, and
>> I don't think this should be stopped.
>
> It's perfectly within your rights to exclude them. Now, bugger off
> WRT our immigration policy.

You are posting on an international usenet arena - you think the rest of
the world can't comment on US posts?

John

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18:32 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: k...@notreal.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 09:49:35 -0800, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
wrote:

>On 2018/01/13 8:06 AM, k...@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:01:55 +0000, Clive Arthur
>> <cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:

>>> There are plenty of perfectly nice American immigrants living here, and
>>> I don't think this should be stopped.
>>
>> It's perfectly within your rights to exclude them. Now, bugger off
>> WRT our immigration policy.
>>

>You are posting on an international usenet arena - you think the rest of
>the world can't comment on US posts?

Commenting on US policy? That's productive.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18:35 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 2018/01/13 10:12 AM, k...@notreal.com wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 09:49:35 -0800, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2018/01/13 8:06 AM, k...@notreal.com wrote:

>>> It's perfectly within your rights to exclude them. Now, bugger off
>>> WRT our immigration policy.
>>>

>> You are posting on an international usenet arena - you think the rest of
>> the world can't comment on US posts?
>
> Commenting on US policy? That's productive.

Isn't it of some use to get other viewpoints? Why else would you post?
You may not agree with them, but at least you can 'listen'...

John

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18:39 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 10:19:09 -0800, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
wrote:

>On 2018/01/13 10:12 AM, k...@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 09:49:35 -0800, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
>> wrote:

>>> You are posting on an international usenet arena - you think the rest of
>>> the world can't comment on US posts?
>>
>> Commenting on US policy? That's productive.
>>

>Isn't it of some use to get other viewpoints? Why else would you post?
>You may not agree with them, but at least you can 'listen'...
>
>John

Non-US-citizens are invited to keep their comments to themselves.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18:42 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Clive Arthur <cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 13/01/2018 19:04, Jim Thompson wrote:

> Non-US-citizens are invited to keep their comments to themselves.
>
> ...Jim Thompson

I go to the 'States quite often. Immigration officials aside, nearly
everyone I meet seems pretty decent irrespective of pigmentation or
ancestry.

Then you get this Thompson guy. What a jerk.

Cheers
--
Clive

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18:46 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 19:42:18 +0000, Clive Arthur
<cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:

>On 13/01/2018 19:04, Jim Thompson wrote:
>
>> Non-US-citizens are invited to keep their comments to themselves.
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson
>
>I go to the 'States quite often. Immigration officials aside, nearly
>everyone I meet seems pretty decent irrespective of pigmentation or
>ancestry.
>
>Then you get this Thompson guy. What a jerk.
>
>Cheers

It's _you_ that is the JERK.

Your statement "...irrespective of pigmentation or ancestry" implies
that I am a racist... the typical fallback of leftists when they're
left with no argument.

My family is classic blend of the "melting pot". Yours? Hypocrite.

"Non-US-citizens are invited to keep their comments to themselves."

(y)uk ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18:50 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Clive Arthur <cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 13/01/2018 20:00, Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 19:42:18 +0000, Clive Arthur
> <cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 13/01/2018 19:04, Jim Thompson wrote:
>>
>>> Non-US-citizens are invited to keep their comments to themselves.
>>>
>>> ...Jim Thompson
>>
>> I go to the 'States quite often. Immigration officials aside, nearly
>> everyone I meet seems pretty decent irrespective of pigmentation or
>> ancestry.
>>
>> Then you get this Thompson guy. What a jerk.
>>
>> Cheers
>
> It's _you_ that is the JERK.

No, *I* am Spartacus. Whereas you are a very stable genius.

(Hey, your infantile killfile isn't working. You should fix that, or you
might read things you don't agree with. Bad.)

Cheers
--
Clive

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18:53 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: tabb...@gmail.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Saturday, 13 January 2018 19:04:16 UTC, Jim Thompson wrote:

> Non-US-citizens are invited to keep their comments to themselves.
>
> ...Jim Thompson

Non-US citizens see things about America that Americans don't. And of course it goes both ways.

NT

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:18:57 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jeroen Belleman <jer...@nospam.please> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 13/01/18 20:04, Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 10:19:09 -0800, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2018/01/13 10:12 AM, k...@notreal.com wrote:

>>> Commenting on US policy? That's productive.
>>>

>> Isn't it of some use to get other viewpoints? Why else would you post?
>> You may not agree with them, but at least you can 'listen'...
>>
>> John
>
> Non-US-citizens are invited to keep their comments to themselves.
>
> ...Jim Thompson

This is a free forum. Don't be so parochial.

Jeroen Belleman

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:01 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

wrote:

>On 2018/01/13 8:06 AM, k...@notreal.com wrote:
>> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 15:01:55 +0000, Clive Arthur
>> <cli...@nowaytoday.co.uk> wrote:

>>> There are plenty of perfectly nice American immigrants living here, and
>>> I don't think this should be stopped.
>>
>> It's perfectly within your rights to exclude them. Now, bugger off
>> WRT our immigration policy.
>>

>You are posting on an international usenet arena - you think the rest of
>the world can't comment on US posts?
>
>John

Do you see me posting about what a shit-hole style of government you
have in Canada? I could, but then, again, I'm not in the slightest
bit envious of that shit-hole form of government.

Why do _you_ feel a need to comment... you don't live in the U.S. ??

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:04 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Cursitor Doom <cu...@notformail.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 12:02:26 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

> Why do _you_ feel a need to comment... you don't live in the U.S. ??

The likes of Robertson and Sloman believe in a world without borders, so
they'd like to think their lofty pronouncements carry weight world-wide.
IOW, they're delusional dickheads.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:08 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 2018/01/13 11:02 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 09:49:35 -0800, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2018/01/13 8:06 AM, k...@notreal.com wrote:

>>> It's perfectly within your rights to exclude them. Now, bugger off
>>> WRT our immigration policy.
>>>

>> You are posting on an international usenet arena - you think the rest of
>> the world can't comment on US posts?
>>
>> John
>
> Do you see me posting about what a shit-hole style of government you
> have in Canada? I could, but then, again, I'm not in the slightest
> bit envious of that shit-hole form of government.
>
> Why do _you_ feel a need to comment... you don't live in the U.S. ??
>
> ...Jim Thompson

Because, Jim, the USA is next door to us and, as a nation, we are
affected by decisions made by your government. Good and bad...

You are welcome to complain about conditions in Canada - have any
Canadians ever told you otherwise? We don't like everything that happens
here and a fresh outlook is usually welcome - folks from the outside
often see clearer than folks in the middle of something...

John

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:12 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: John Larkin <jjlarkin@highland_snip_technology.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:50:42 -0700, Jim Thompson
<To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>Anyone?
>
>Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>
>Please explain WHY.
>
>Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
>
> ...Jim Thompson

The countries wouldn't matter if we had a good way to evaluate
individuals. Lacking that, statistics matter, and some countries are
better bets than others.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:15 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Tom Gardner <spam...@blueyonder.co.uk> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 12/01/18 20:15, John Larkin wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:50:42 -0700, Jim Thompson
> <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone?
>>
>> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>>
>> Please explain WHY.
>>
>> Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson
>
> The countries wouldn't matter if we had a good way to evaluate
> individuals. Lacking that, statistics matter, and some countries are
> better bets than others.

The same is true of the descendants of immigrants that have
been in the US for generations.

Attempts to generate such stats are leading people to
be locked up because of the *inexplicable*, *unchallengeable*
judgments of a *secret* computer program. Disgusting.
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/608011/secret-algorithms-threaten-the-rule-of-law/

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:19 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 01/12/2018 03:52 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
> On 12/01/18 20:15, John Larkin wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:50:42 -0700, Jim Thompson
>> <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone?
>>>
>>> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>>>
>>> Please explain WHY.
>>>
>>> Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
>>>
>>>                                        ...Jim Thompson
>>
>> The countries wouldn't matter if we had a good way to evaluate
>> individuals. Lacking that, statistics matter, and some countries are
>> better bets than others.
>
> The same is true of the descendants of immigrants that have
> been in the US for generations.
>
> Attempts to generate such stats are leading people to
> be locked up because of the *inexplicable*, *unchallengeable*
> judgments of a *secret* computer program. Disgusting.
> https://www.technologyreview.com/s/608011/secret-algorithms-threaten-the-rule-of-law/

It's no more immoral than arguments based on deterrence. Justice
requires that the punishment fit the actual crime the person committed,
not some hypothetical one he might commit, or some equally hypothetical
one some third party might commit.

_Within_ the range of just sentences, such arguments are admissible.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:23 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Tom Gardner <spam...@blueyonder.co.uk> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 12/01/18 21:45, Phil Hobbs wrote:
> On 01/12/2018 03:52 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
>> On 12/01/18 20:15, John Larkin wrote:

>>> The countries wouldn't matter if we had a good way to evaluate
>>> individuals. Lacking that, statistics matter, and some countries are
>>> better bets than others.
>>
>> The same is true of the descendants of immigrants that have
>> been in the US for generations.
>>
>> Attempts to generate such stats are leading people to
>> be locked up because of the *inexplicable*, *unchallengeable*
>> judgments of a *secret* computer program. Disgusting.
>> https://www.technologyreview.com/s/608011/secret-algorithms-threaten-the-rule-of-law/
>>

> It's no more immoral than arguments based on deterrence. Justice requires that
> the punishment fit the actual crime the person committed, not some hypothetical
> one he might commit, or some equally hypothetical one some third party might
> commit.
>
> _Within_ the range of just sentences, such arguments are admissible.

"Because the computer says so" and "it is more than my
jobsworth" are worthy of scorn.

If a judge makes a decision, they ought to be able to
articulate a rationale for the decision. That rationale
can subsequently be examined, challenged and, if
appropriate, overturned.

When someone is deprived of their liberty for such
without being able to articulate /why, it is reprehensible.
Doubly so when the algorithm is a proprietary trade secret,
so cannot be justified nor questioned.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:27 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
Why do we allow these NON-citizens to try and dictate to us CITIZENS
what the rules of immigration should or should-not be?

It's none of your business.

A good start might be NO IMMIGRATION for the next 8-years while we
decide some rational rules for immigration.

(It's pretty clear that, given the decline of the "core" of the
Europeon "empire", no Brits, French or Germans should be allowed ;-)

The first rule probably should be allegiance to the Judeo-Christian
legal system of the United States.

If you want Sharia law go the hell somewhere else.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:31 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Tom Gardner <spam...@blueyonder.co.uk> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
Pot, kettle, black.

> (It's pretty clear that, given the decline of the "core" of the
> Europeon "empire", no Brits, French or Germans should be allowed ;-)
>
> The first rule probably should be allegiance to the Judeo-Christian
> legal system of the United States.

Which one? The one predominant in England and Wales,
the one in Scotland), or the one predominant on the
Continent? They are all very different.

Starting question: how many verdicts are possible in
a trial?
Follow-up question: what is the role of the state
prosecutor?

> If you want Sharia law go the hell somewhere else.

Ignorant blowhard non-sequiteur.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:35 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bill....@ieee.org ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 10:16:53 AM UTC+11, Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 22:49:47 +0000, Tom Gardner
> <spam...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

They aren't trying to dictate to you, merely giving advice.

> It's none of your business.

The US has a lot too much power in world for it's antics to be none of our business. We all have an interest in it not making idiotic mistakes, like invading Irak or electing Trump as president.

> A good start might be NO IMMIGRATION for the next 8-years while we
> decide some rational rules for immigration.

Why? Would it solve the problems you are having with immigrants who are in the US already?

> (It's pretty clear that, given the decline of the "core" of the
> Europeon "empire", no Brits, French or Germans should be allowed ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit_Level:_Why_More_Equal_Societies_Almost_Always_Do_Better

makes it perfectly clear that the US is in much worse decline than the Northern European nations - the UK is closer to the UK on inequality and shares more of it's unfortunate social consequences than France, Germany, the Netherlands and Scandinavia. It's also a matter of anecdotal fact that northern European have stopped emigrating to the US, because it's a rotten place to bring up kids. They are happy to work there for a couple of years, because it polishes their English, and some bits of academic and technical America are still the best in the world (but not as many as used to be), but living out your life there is less attractive.

> The first rule probably should be allegiance to the Judeo-Christian
> legal system of the United States.

Why? The US system is essentially the UK common-law system. Most of Europe works on the Napoleonic code. Both system evolved out of Judaic law, but so did the Muslim system.

> If you want Sharia law go the hell somewhere else.

You need a theocratic state to get that, which is another can of worms.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:39 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Phil Hobbs <pcdhSpamM...@electrooptical.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 01/12/2018 05:49 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:
> On 12/01/18 21:45, Phil Hobbs wrote:

>>> The same is true of the descendants of immigrants that have
>>> been in the US for generations.
>>>
>>> Attempts to generate such stats are leading people to
>>> be locked up because of the *inexplicable*, *unchallengeable*
>>> judgments of a *secret* computer program. Disgusting.
>>> https://www.technologyreview.com/s/608011/secret-algorithms-threaten-the-rule-of-law/
>>>

>> It's no more immoral than arguments based on deterrence.  Justice
>> requires that
>> the punishment fit the actual crime the person committed, not some
>> hypothetical
>> one he might commit, or some equally hypothetical one some third party
>> might
>> commit.
>>
>> _Within_ the range of just sentences, such arguments are admissible.
>
> "Because the computer says so" and "it is more than my
> jobsworth" are worthy of scorn.

I think we're in violent agreement, at least about this. About other
stuff, not so much.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:42 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Tom Gardner <spam...@blueyonder.co.uk> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
:)

As an engineer I look very carefully at how systems (of
all kinds) fail. I wish more software had that attitude.

I also have a general attitude of "there but the grace
of god go I".

Add in that I have too many (very nice) lawyers and
judges (and an ex-copper) in the family, and it leads
to me being less than sanguine about legal systems.

All legal systems make mistakes; anything that makes it
more difficult to correct mistakes is to be deprecated.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:45 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: whit3rd <whi...@gmail.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 12:16:14 PM UTC-8, John Larkin wrote:

> The countries wouldn't matter if we had a good way to evaluate
> individuals. Lacking that, statistics matter, and some countries are
> better bets than others.

Centuries ago, Powhatan stopped trying to 'choose by country' when
we took Pocohontas hostage.

Also, recall that Charles Steinmetz was about to be ejected at the border
when the hunchback who only spoke German didn't impress the
immigration officials (an acquaintance came to vouch for him and
make a job offer). He was a socialist, you know.

Fine discrimination, by country or by individual, is not an historic success.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:49 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Cursitor Doom <cu...@notformail.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:50:42 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

> Anyone?
>
> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>
> Please explain WHY.
>
> Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?

I can't understand what the fuss is all about. Anyone who thinks those
countries *aren't* shit holes is living in cloud-cuckoo land. Perhaps if
he'd have said they were basket-case countries it wouldn't have caused
such a flap. But whatever you call them, they *are* undoubtedly shit-
holes for sure (but "hell holes" would be less offensive I guess).

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:52 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 21:52:10 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
<cu...@notformail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:50:42 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:
>
>> Anyone?
>>
>> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>>
>> Please explain WHY.
>>
>> Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
>
>I can't understand what the fuss is all about. Anyone who thinks those
>countries *aren't* shit holes is living in cloud-cuckoo land. Perhaps if
>he'd have said they were basket-case countries it wouldn't have caused
>such a flap. But whatever you call them, they *are* undoubtedly shit-
>holes for sure (but "hell holes" would be less offensive I guess).

"Cloud-cuckoo land"... how apropos.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:55 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bill....@ieee.org ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:52:15 AM UTC+11, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:50:42 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:
>
> > Anyone?
> >
> > Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
> >
> > Please explain WHY.
> >
> > Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
>
> I can't understand what the fuss is all about. Anyone who thinks those
> countries *aren't* shit holes is living in cloud-cuckoo land. Perhaps if
> he'd have said they were basket-case countries it wouldn't have caused
> such a flap. But whatever you call them, they *are* undoubtedly shit-
> holes for sure (but "hell holes" would be less offensive I guess).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit_Level:_Why_More_Equal_Societies_Almost_Always_Do_Better

demonstrates that the US is a highly inegalitarian shit hole, and that the UK is well on the way to being as bad.

Curistor Doom is an intestinal worm looking at his own environment and finding it lovely, helped by propaganda from the Daily Mail and Russia Today. He lacks the wit to realise that he is being taken for a sucker.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:19:59 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: "dca...@krl.org" <dca...@krl.org> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 9:10:49 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:52:15 AM UTC+11, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:50:42 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone?
> > >
> > > Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
> > >
> > > Please explain WHY.
> > >
> > > Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
> >
> > I can't understand what the fuss is all about. Anyone who thinks those
> > countries *aren't* shit holes is living in cloud-cuckoo land. Perhaps if
> > he'd have said they were basket-case countries it wouldn't have caused
> > such a flap. But whatever you call them, they *are* undoubtedly shit-
> > holes for sure (but "hell holes" would be less offensive I guess).
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit_Level:_Why_More_Equal_Societies_Almost_Always_Do_Better
>
> demonstrates that the US is a highly inegalitarian shit hole, and that the UK is well on the way to being as bad.
>
> Curistor Doom is an intestinal worm looking at his own environment and finding it lovely, helped by propaganda from the Daily Mail and Russia Today. He lacks the wit to realise that he is being taken for a sucker.
>
> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Bill you have posted the same old thing about the spirit level 5 times in this thread alone. Can't you find something new?

Dan

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:20:02 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bill....@ieee.org ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 11:19:24 PM UTC+11, dca...@krl.org wrote:
> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 9:10:49 PM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:

> > > I can't understand what the fuss is all about. Anyone who thinks those
> > > countries *aren't* shit holes is living in cloud-cuckoo land. Perhaps if
> > > he'd have said they were basket-case countries it wouldn't have caused
> > > such a flap. But whatever you call them, they *are* undoubtedly shit-
> > > holes for sure (but "hell holes" would be less offensive I guess).
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit_Level:_Why_More_Equal_Societies_Almost_Always_Do_Better
> >
> > demonstrates that the US is a highly inegalitarian shit hole, and that the UK is well on the way to being as bad.
> >
> > Curistor Doom is an intestinal worm looking at his own environment and finds it lovely, helped by propaganda from the Daily Mail and Russia Today. He lacks the wit to realise that he is being taken for a sucker.
>
> Bill you have posted the same old thing about the spirit level 5 times in this thread alone. Can't you find something new?

If anybody went to the trouble of reading it, I might stop reminding Americans that they live in a very inegalitarian country, and that their high levels of inequality seems to be strongly correlated with a bunch of undesirable social consequences.

James Arthur once went to the trouble of digging out some far-right-wing review of the book (and the review quite missed the point of the book) but that's a close as I've come to eliciting a reaction.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:20:06 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: "dca...@krl.org" <dca...@krl.org> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 8:59:58 AM UTC-5, bill....@ieee.org wrote:
> On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 11:19:24 PM UTC+11, dca...@krl.org wrote:

> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit_Level:_Why_More_Equal_Societies_Almost_Always_Do_Better
> > >
> > > demonstrates that the US is a highly inegalitarian shit hole, and that the UK is well on the way to being as bad.
> > >
> > > Curistor Doom is an intestinal worm looking at his own environment and finds it lovely, helped by propaganda from the Daily Mail and Russia Today. He lacks the wit to realise that he is being taken for a sucker.
> >
> > Bill you have posted the same old thing about the spirit level 5 times in this thread alone. Can't you find something new?
>
> If anybody went to the trouble of reading it, I might stop reminding Americans that they live in a very inegalitarian country, and that their high levels of inequality seems to be strongly correlated with a bunch of undesirable social consequences.
>
> James Arthur once went to the trouble of digging out some far-right-wing review of the book (and the review quite missed the point of the book) but that's a close as I've come to eliciting a reaction.
>
> --
> Bill Sloman, Sydney

Supposedly doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is an indication of insanity. Do you really think that posting again and again about the Spirit Level is worthwhile? And do you really think that correlation means cause and effect?

Dan

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:20:09 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: John Larkin <jjla...@highlandtechnology.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]
Ignore him. He hasn't designed electronics in decades, and never very
well.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc

lunatic fringe electronics

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:20:12 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: dagmarg...@yahoo.com ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 7:19:24 AM UTC-5, dca...@krl.org wrote:

> Bill you have posted the same old thing about the spirit level 5 times in this thread alone. Can't you find something new?
>
> Dan

Inequality is good.

If someone works eighty hours a week and another man works forty at the
same job, the guy working twice as much *should* earn a lot more. That's
only sensible, just, and fair.

Some would have the Borg tax those eighty-hour guys twenty hours'
worth and give it to the forty-hour guys. After all ... 'equality.'

And everyone immediately quits trying. Slocialism. [sic]

Cheers,
James Arthur

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:20:16 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: "dca...@krl.org" <dca...@krl.org> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
> Anyone?
>
> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>
> Please explain WHY.
>
> Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
>
> ...Jim Thompson

If we allow any immigration, then we should allow immigration from any country.

And do our best to not allow shithole people to immigrate regardless of what country they are from.

In other words do not use nationality as criteria.

Dat

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:20:19 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-Th...@On-My-Web-Site.com> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:01:24 -0800 (PST), "dca...@krl.org"
<dca...@krl.org> wrote:

>On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> Anyone?
>>
>> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>>
>> Please explain WHY.
>>
>> Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson
>
>If we allow any immigration, then we should allow immigration from any country.
>
>And do our best to not allow shithole people to immigrate regardless of what country they are from.
>
>In other words do not use nationality as criteria.
>
> Dat

Several layers back, didn't I say, "We need admission by MERIT only"?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | |
| Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |

It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Sergey Kubushyn

Jan 13, 2018, 7:20:22 PM1/13/18
[ This is a repost of the following article: ]
[ From: bitrex <bit...@de.lete.earthlink.net> ]
[ Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design ]

On 01/12/2018 05:01 PM, dca...@krl.org wrote:
> On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 2:50:59 PM UTC-5, Jim Thompson wrote:
>> Anyone?
>>
>> Anyone here think we SHOULD allow immigration from SHITHOLE countries?
>>
>> Please explain WHY.
>>
>> Perhaps we should ship YOU to said SHITHOLE country for re-education?
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson
>
> If we allow any immigration, then we should allow immigration from any country.
>
> And do our best to not allow shithole people to immigrate regardless of what country they are from.
>
> In other words do not use nationality as criteria.
>
> Dat

Why does America still attract so many "shithole people", anyway? Surely
it can't be entirely economic reasons, because it's not 1980 anymore and
there are plenty of other places to live the good life on less money
than you can here.
It is loading more messages.