Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

Double agent

15 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

999Vulcan

da leggere,
30 ott 2019, 18:52:1330/10/19
Reading Vindman’s remarks, I was struck by how impossible his biography would be anywhere but the United States of America. And I was also struck by the irony of the attacks that emerged against Vindman on Tuesday, implying that his roots in then-Soviet Ukraine make his loyalty to the United States suspect: They sounded so similar to attitudes about Jews in the Soviet Union that drove his family to flee here in the first place.

If you know any Russian-speaking Jewish immigrants — people like me, and people like Vindman — chances are you have encountered engineers, mathematicians and programmers. It’s not a coincidence. Like other Jewish communities around the world, Soviet Jews prized education and accomplishment. But unlike American Jews in the second half of the 20th century, Jews in the Soviet Union found entire professions were functionally closed off to them. Especially those related to national security.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/10/30/absurd-charge-that-soviet-jewish-emigre-like-vindman-is-double-agent

GM

da leggere,
30 ott 2019, 19:03:1430/10/19
Пиздеть, как говорится, не кули ворочать.

"Да кто бы меня посмел преследовать, я дочь секретаря обкома учил в теннис играть. А перед интервью с консулом дали какую-то хуйню почитать, я уж и не помню, что там было написано".

Const

da leggere,
30 ott 2019, 21:35:0430/10/19
999Vulcan <999v...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Reading Vindman?s remarks, I was struck by how impossible his biography would be anywhere but the United States of America. And I was also struck by the irony of the attacks that emerged against Vindman on Tuesday, implying that his roots in then-Soviet Ukraine make his loyalty to the United States suspect: They sounded so similar to attitudes about Jews in the Soviet Union that drove his family to flee here in the first place.

Actually, yes, it does make his loyalty to the United States suspect.
По совершенно простым и объективным причинам.

> If you know any Russian-speaking Jewish immigrants ? people like me, and people like Vindman ? chances are you have encountered engineers, mathematicians and programmers. It?s not a coincidence. Like other Jewish communities around the world, Soviet Jews prized education and accomplishment. But unlike American Jews in the second half of the 20th century, Jews in the Soviet Union found entire professions were functionally closed off to them. Especially those related to national security.

Ой.
Ну прямо ой.

А про период с 1900 по 1950 - они удобно забыли.
Или никогда не знали.

Ну и, разумеется, насчет closed - это на самом деле вранье.

А что, если у кого сейчас папа активен в isis - его возьмут в cia работать ?
Ну так, really ?

---
Const

999Vulcan

da leggere,
30 ott 2019, 21:57:2430/10/19
On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 9:35:04 PM UTC-4, Const wrote:
> А про период с 1900 по 1950 - они удобно забыли.
> Или никогда не знали.

а кликнуть и почитать?

These restrictions dated back decades. After the 1917 revolution,
czarist-era discriminatory policies against Jews were lifted, and many
Soviet Jews embraced the opportunities afforded to them under the new
Communist regime. Despite policies that violently suppressed religious
and ethnic expression — including the persecution of rabbis, Zionists,
and Yiddish and Hebrew cultural figures — millions of Soviet Jews
embraced the Russian language and culture as their own. They assimilated
into Soviet culture, losing their native tongue (Yiddish) and cultural
markers like kosher cuisine, which for centuries had distinguished
Jewish communities and cuisines the world over from that of their
gentile neighbors. In place of their traditional culture, they pursued
careers in academia, security and foreign affairs with vigor to
contribute to a nation that, for the first time, afforded them real
opportunities, even as those opportunities came with a tremendous cost.

But in the 1930s under Joseph Stalin, a brutal dictator who would later
pursue more violently anti-Semitic policies, the merit-based system
began to erode. Fields that were sensitive for national security such as
diplomacy, intelligence and foreign trade began correcting for Jews
being “overrepresented” by shutting their doors to Jewish applicants.
Anti-Semitic beliefs about the true loyalty of Jews were widespread in
the Soviet Union, as they had been in pre-revolutionary Russia, and many
of these discriminatory, paranoid policies were retained long after
Stalin had been repudiated. The doors left open in their wake were
opened haphazardly and were limited to nonpolitical pursuits such as
science and technology. The message to Jews was clear: You will never be
a real Soviet.

Const

da leggere,
30 ott 2019, 22:20:0030/10/19
999Vulcan <999V...@russian.z1> wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 at 9:35:04 PM UTC-4, Const wrote:
> > А про период с 1900 по 1950 - они удобно забыли.
> > Или никогда не знали.

> а кликнуть и почитать?

> These restrictions dated back decades. After the 1917 revolution,
> czarist-era discriminatory policies against Jews were lifted, and many
> Soviet Jews embraced the opportunities afforded to them under the new
> Communist regime. Despite policies that violently suppressed religious
> and ethnic expression ? including the persecution of rabbis, Zionists,
> and Yiddish and Hebrew cultural figures ? millions of Soviet Jews
> embraced the Russian language and culture as their own. They assimilated
> into Soviet culture, losing their native tongue (Yiddish) and cultural
> markers like kosher cuisine, which for centuries had distinguished
> Jewish communities and cuisines the world over from that of their
> gentile neighbors. In place of their traditional culture, they pursued
> careers in academia, security and foreign affairs with vigor to
> contribute to a nation that, for the first time, afforded them real
> opportunities, even as those opportunities came with a tremendous cost.

> But in the 1930s under Joseph Stalin, a brutal dictator who would later
> pursue more violently anti-Semitic policies, the merit-based system
> began to erode. Fields that were sensitive for national security such as
> diplomacy, intelligence and foreign trade began correcting for Jews
> being ?overrepresented? by shutting their doors to Jewish applicants.
> Anti-Semitic beliefs about the true loyalty of Jews were widespread in
> the Soviet Union, as they had been in pre-revolutionary Russia, and many
> of these discriminatory, paranoid policies were retained long after
> Stalin had been repudiated. The doors left open in their wake were
> opened haphazardly and were limited to nonpolitical pursuits such as
> science and technology. The message to Jews was clear: You will never be
> a real Soviet.

Really ?
Читать западную хуйню про СССР ?
Вот нам.
Тут.
Может, нам еще СНН почитать ?

И, разумеется, второй абзац - полная хня.
Причем ПОЛНАЯ.
"Merit system" my ass.
Timeline смещен, причины перевраны, вообще ВСЁ переврано.

---
Const

Slawa Olhovchenkov

da leggere,
31 ott 2019, 04:48:5331/10/19
Const <rent...@gmail.com> wrote:
C> 999Vulcan <999v...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Reading Vindman?s remarks, I was struck by how impossible his biography would be anywhere but the United States of America. And I was also struck by the irony of the attacks that emerged against Vindman on Tuesday, implying that his roots in then-Soviet Ukraine make his loyalty to the United States suspect: They sounded so similar to attitudes about Jews in the Soviet Union that drove his family to flee here in the first place.

C> Actually, yes, it does make his loyalty to the United States suspect.
C> По совершенно простым и объективным причинам.

>> If you know any Russian-speaking Jewish immigrants ? people like me, and people like Vindman ? chances are you have encountered engineers, mathematicians and programmers. It?s not a coincidence. Like other Jewish communities around the world, Soviet Jews prized education and accomplishment. But unlike American Jews in the second half of the 20th century, Jews in the Soviet Union found entire professions were functionally closed off to them. Especially those related to national security.

C> Ой.
C> Ну прямо ой.

C> А про период с 1900 по 1950 - они удобно забыли.
C> Или никогда не знали.

C> Ну и, разумеется, насчет closed - это на самом деле вранье.

C> А что, если у кого сейчас папа активен в isis - его возьмут в cia работать ?
C> Ну так, really ?

конечно, связником будет, ЦУ передавать и все такое.

--
Slawa Olhovchenkov

yury mukharsky

da leggere,
2 nov 2019, 17:07:2702/11/19
On Wed, 30 Oct 2019 21:57:20 -0400, 999Vulcan <999V...@russian.z1>
wrote:
> careers in academia, security and foreign affairs with vigor to

Какой милый эвфемеизм. Security. И в 30х их туда стали не пускать.
Вот прямо товарищ Ягода и не пускал.

Юра
0 nuovi messaggi